Mask Trouble in planes

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Mask Trouble in planes

Post by SPIRIT »

FreedomJess
captain of 100

Re: Mask Trouble in planes

Post by FreedomJess »

It’s just time we all stop flying. I know it’s easier said than done.
I just got back from flying. In fact, I had to fly a lot this past summer for various reasons.
The airports are like human cattle ranches. The way they make us stand in lines with masks, take our shoes and belts off, search our bags (unlawfully), suffocate us on planes, constant announcements to wear your mask throughout the airports...
I can’t help but think that the elites that control this world are laughing at us. They would never tolerate this.

My biggest fear about the airports: that masks will stay. Everywhere else will be free of masks. But not airplanes. Just like with 9/11 the searching of our bags is here to stay forever.

At what point do we say enough is enough? I told my husband we need to start driving everywhere. The only way they stop is when we stop spending our money.

Another thought: this is why federally controlled anything is bad. I’d say just start an airline that is free of this nonsense. But federal control of the skies won’t allow it.

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

SPIRIT wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 8:23 pm Mask Trouble in planes
https://rumble.com/vroc23-mask-trouble-in-planes.html
Now the vexed are getting angry ... it's about time

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

!st it was this

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

this is so fake

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

It does look fake
All the seats in the back are empty

and the other passangers are wearing goofy hats

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

FreedomJess wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 8:40 pm It’s just time we all stop flying. I know it’s easier said than done.
I haven't been on a plane for over a decade. I don't mind flying itself, it's all the other garbage that goes along with it, such as security, not being able to walk around much, not being able to bring your own food and drink on most flights etc.

Things got a lot worse after September 11th. Flying in the nineties was a lot easier. Except to the USA where they insist on making you line up for an hour just to get in and then ask you silly questions like if you've been involved in WW2 atrocities. (A bit difficult at my age.)

The last time I flew was back from Dublin. Some jobsworth tried to tell me I needed a passport when I got to Scotland. I said the Republic of Ireland and UK were part of the Common Travel Area and just walked past him. (Which is true, you can walk in and out of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland in many places and not even know you'd crossed a border.) Last few times I've been to Ireland I've taken the ferry over. It takes longer but I enjoy it.

However, Scotland is on the fringes of Europe, which means that it is difficult to travel to many places except these islands. I used to go to continental Europe a lot and it was more practical to fly to there sometimes. If I'm going to North America, Asia or New Zealand etc, flying would be the only viable option.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

FreedomJess wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 8:40 pm My biggest fear about the airports: that masks will stay. Everywhere else will be free of masks. But not airplanes. Just like with 9/11 the searching of our bags is here to stay forever.

This is very unfortunate -

Full article here - https://thenewamerican.com/scotus-uphol ... fc7fadfbd4

SCOTUS Upholds TSA Mask-mandate Authority

by Veronika Kyrylenko November 7, 2022

Last Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has the authority to enforce mask mandates on travelers. While the ruling doesn’t entail the automatic return of mask mandates, it effectively leaves the door open for such.

The TSA was sued by California lawyer and frequent flyer Jonathan Corbett, who argued that the administration did not possess the statutory authority to mandate masks.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit found no merit in Corbett’s claim, and ruled the TSA had broad authority to maintain “security and safety” during emergency situations such as the pandemic, including the mask requirements. The court stated:

We hold that the Mask Directives are reasonable and permissible regulations adopted by TSA to promote safety and security in the transportation system against threats posed by COVID-19. We therefore reject Petitioner’s claim that TSA’s Mask Directives are ultra vires, defer to the agency’s interpretation of the [Aviation and Transportation Security] Act and deny the petition for review.

Therefore, the TSA’s mandates — formally the “Mask Directives” — that instructed airport operators, domestic aircraft operators, foreign air carriers, and surface transportation operators to require passengers and employees older than 2 to wear a mask “covering the nose and mouth” and “at all times” were legitimate, according to the D.C. court.

~~~

While the CDC continues to recommend mask wearing for travelers, there are no reliable studies to support their use. Speaking with The New American in July, Stephen Petty, a certified industrial hygienist, safety professional, and one of the top testifying experts on personal protective equipment (PPE) and exposure control in the country, explained in detail why surgical masks and N95 respirators not only do not protect people from Covid, but, in fact, may increase their chances of catching the virus and undermine their health.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I remember just buying a ticket and walking onto a plane in minutes.

I also remember eating on a plane, and then having a lady beside me ask for a light for her cigarette.

And me giving her a light and her smoking her cigarette.

I remember little 4 cigarette packs of cigarettes that the air lines would serve, complementary (free) with the meal.

And that time was actually a time of war. Vietnam war.

No search, no nothing, no id, maybe id, that I don't remember, but just walking onto the plane

And more than once. I'm not talking about one time here. It was many times.
dc