LDS hair standards

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
abijah`
~dog days~

Re: LDS hair standards

Post by abijah` »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:21 pm Me was worried about your adoption of such an extreme identification
Haha, don't worry I love my hair far too much, I could never be a skinhead.
but apparently there are redeeming qualities
There's lots of good things about white boys imho. An underrated demographic.
expressed in your linked video
Glad you're good and sargon-pilled. Soon the Mormon Khalifate shall rise in her renewed glory!
that didn't turn up in me quick google search. 8-)
You can't trust people who stop saying to not be evil :P

The algorithms and the ghosts in their machines = fallen intelligences, forsworn angels! user beware!
wrote: Before
2. ARCHAIC
in front of someone or something.
"they began trotting through the city with guards running before and behind"

There's an example of a single word having many definitions; Some may think badly about Mike's musical preferences, but other things are more important. Actually, me spacey trip to the space coast, shortly after his Spaceman post, really kinda blew me away; Suddenly there I was nearly on the doorstep of Deseret Ranch, after coinciding with street names that were eerily reminiscent of his Wicker Man. Seems some elements of the church are good indeed, but where the truth ends, has become an open question.

Memes survive Abijah’s Galaxy, but thar be no monikers. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm not really big into Iron Maiden, so the "wickerman" image somewhat slips me.

But we know that a fourth personage was seen in Nebuchadrezzar's 7x furnace, doubtless the same messenger who didn't burn up in the fiery S`neh Tree, and who on a symbolic level may well have some sort of connection with the children whom the apostate Israelites would "pass through the fire" to Baal/Moloch, who in the Torah God specifically identifies as "My children.."

Jesus was never put in a furnace or burnt up. Maybe the Davidic Herald is the pyro-culmination of these incineration leiftmotifs in the scriptures? Who knows what their rituals like Burning Man festival, and the Bohemian Grove shenanigans? Perhaps the whole world will be in shock, should the antichrist stoke an executory pyre unlike the world has ever seen x7, for only the fire to leave a red dove unburnt. Many in the world would see divine significance to it. Bible knowers will recognise the leitmotif. Babylonian masses will think of Game of Thrones. A larger-than-life spirit will disseminate across the world, a sudden burst of renaissance of the mythic and the sublime, when people learn & realise that the supernatural is real, the Unseen Realm an ever-present metareality.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

abijah` wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 11:52 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:21 pm Me was worried about your adoption of such an extreme identification
Haha, don't worry I love my hair far too much, I could never be a skinhead.
but apparently there are redeeming qualities
There's lots of good things about white boys imho. An underrated demographic.
expressed in your linked video
Glad you're good and sargon-pilled. Soon the Mormon Khalifate shall rise in her renewed glory!
that didn't turn up in me quick google search. 8-)
You can't trust people who stop saying to not be evil :P

The algorithms and the ghosts in their machines = fallen intelligences, forsworn angels! user beware!
wrote: Before
2. ARCHAIC
in front of someone or something.
"they began trotting through the city with guards running before and behind"

There's an example of a single word having many definitions; Some may think badly about Mike's musical preferences, but other things are more important. Actually, me spacey trip to the space coast, shortly after his Spaceman post, really kinda blew me away; Suddenly there I was nearly on the doorstep of Deseret Ranch, after coinciding with street names that were eerily reminiscent of his Wicker Man. Seems some elements of the church are good indeed, but where the truth ends, has become an open question.

Memes survive Abijah’s Galaxy, but thar be no monikers. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I'm not really big into Iron Maiden, so the "wickerman" image somewhat slips me.

But we know that a fourth personage was seen in Nebuchadrezzar's 7x furnace, doubtless the same messenger who didn't burn up in the fiery S`neh Tree, and who on a symbolic level may well have some sort of connection with the children whom the apostate Israelites would "pass through the fire" to Baal/Moloch, who in the Torah God specifically identifies as "My children.."

Jesus was never put in a furnace or burnt up. Maybe the Davidic Herald is the pyro-culmination of these incineration leiftmotifs in the scriptures? Who knows what their rituals like Burning Man festival, and the Bohemian Grove shenanigans? Perhaps the whole world will be in shock, should the antichrist stoke an executory pyre unlike the world has ever seen x7, for only the fire to leave a red dove unburnt. Many in the world would see divine significance to it. Bible knowers will recognise the leitmotif. Babylonian masses will think of Game of Thrones. A larger-than-life spirit will disseminate across the world, a sudden burst of renaissance of the mythic and the sublime, when people learn & realise that the supernatural is real, the Unseen Realm an ever-present metareality.
Okay, interesting take on the Wickerman symbology. I just thought it meant, "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire".

Did you know that "devil" appears 57 times in the KJV Bible NT?

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:29 am Okay, interesting take on the Wickerman symbology. I just thought it meant, "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire".
Yeah, doubtless that would belong in this matrix of ideas surrounding this symbol of the fire-sacrifice victim being preserved from the heat & flame by divine intercession. It even says, the day which burns "as an oven". Its plausible, even likely, that Malachi is deliberately hyperlinking what he is prophesying back to the narrative of another fiery furnace, in which certain people were able to stand utterly unsinged, along with a mysterious fourth personage whom Nebuchadrezzar desbribed as "one of the sons of God".

One thing that the prophets of ancient Israel pronounced upon apostates who passed their children "through the fire" is that they themselves reap the fate they consigned their offspring to, the prophets explicitly state that those who enter into this behaviour with Baal/Moloch are then doomed to inherit Gehenna for an everlasting inheritance. Perdition, eating satanic emblems of a demonic poison`sacrament. Because that's what it is, an unholy contortion of the baptism of fire. Child baptism of water = abomination. Child baptism of fire = mega abomination.

Why does the day burn as an oven? Because of the noisome cries ascending up from the blood of the innocent. Innocent like children; innocent like Jesus. Who will stand? Perhaps all who are metamorphed into NewAdam`wineskins, lest the new wine pop their fallen telestial frames. Or perhaps, some reference to the victims of these rituals, maybe either in this life, or who were premortally thus victimised, perhaps on account of an angry brother and the spirits who followed him, pulling a Cain and acting out with a heart of murder, doing something to the Lamb and the elect. Perhaps the everlasting burnings of God's glory, is him taking the blazing inferno of death inflicted upon His children, and converting/transforming it into blazing glory, dwelling in everlasting burnings that utterly contrast the lake of fire of an infinite Gehenna. But I'm just speculating out loud.
Are you counting multiple or certain terms? The Greek "diabolos" occurs 38 times by the look of it to me.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

abijah` wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:57 am
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:29 am Okay, interesting take on the Wickerman symbology. I just thought it meant, "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire".
Yeah, doubtless that would belong in this matrix of ideas surrounding this symbol of the fire-sacrifice victim being preserved from the heat & flame by divine intercession. It even says, the day which burns "as an oven". Its plausible, even likely, that Malachi is deliberately hyperlinking what he is prophesying back to the narrative of another fiery furnace, in which certain people were able to stand utterly unsinged, along with a mysterious fourth personage whom Nebuchadrezzar desbribed as "one of the sons of God".

One thing that the prophets of ancient Israel pronounced upon apostates who passed their children "through the fire" is that they themselves reap the fate they consigned their offspring to, the prophets explicitly state that those who enter into this behaviour with Baal/Moloch are then doomed to inherit Gehenna for an everlasting inheritance. Perdition, eating satanic emblems of a demonic poison`sacrament. Because that's what it is, an unholy contortion of the baptism of fire. Child baptism of water = abomination. Child baptism of fire = mega abomination.

Why does the day burn as an oven? Because of the noisome cries ascending up from the blood of the innocent. Innocent like children; innocent like Jesus. Who will stand? Perhaps all who are metamorphed into NewAdam`wineskins, lest the new wine pop their fallen telestial frames. Or perhaps, some reference to the victims of these rituals, maybe either in this life, or who were premortally thus victimised, perhaps on account of an angry brother and the spirits who followed him, pulling a Cain and acting out with a heart of murder, doing something to the Lamb and the elect. Perhaps the everlasting burnings of God's glory, is him taking the blazing inferno of death inflicted upon His children, and converting/transforming it into blazing glory, dwelling in everlasting burnings that utterly contrast the lake of fire of an infinite Gehenna. But I'm just speculating out loud.
Are you counting multiple or certain terms? The Greek "diabolos" occurs 38 times by the look of it to me.
All I did was look up devil here, https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/ And New Testament only was selected. Or else I'd never known that devil was in the NT 57 times. Just another data point.

QUESTION: When you use the word wineskins what Bible version are you referencing?

This question has to do with the TOB effect (Tower of Babel/Mandela effect). I and a whole bunch of people remember reading in the KJV 'do not put new wine into old wineskins". However, the KJV does not say that (in this reality).

In this reality the KJV says in Luke
5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

So if you remember wineskins instead of bottles then from which Bible do you remember that? The same if you remember the lion will lie down with the lamb instead of the wolf will lie down with the lamb. When I was a kid all we ever had in the house was the KJV. And it read wineskins and lion.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 4:53 am QUESTION: When you use the word wineskins what Bible version are you referencing?

This question has to do with the TOB effect (Tower of Babel/Mandela effect). I and a whole bunch of people remember reading in the KJV 'do not put new wine into old wineskins". However, the KJV does not say that (in this reality).

In this reality the KJV says in Luke
5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

So if you remember wineskins instead of bottles then from which Bible do you remember that? The same if you remember the lion will lie down with the lamb instead of the wolf will lie down with the lamb. When I was a kid all we ever had in the house was the KJV. And it read wineskins and lion.
Honestly, I think I used that word most likely because of reading/watching something about this particular verse being talked about in the lens of the mandela effect. I was already aware of this, so I think that's why my mind went to "wineskin". Also, it just seems a more appropriate, useful term when factored against the backdrop of the modern day vernacular landscape and present-era lexicon. But who knows I guess. I can't really be bothered tho, if i'm being honest.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

I used to keep a trimmed goatee.... When I was asked to serve in the Bishopric last year the Stake President asked me to keep a clean shaven face "to emulate the brethren". I really wanted to say, no.

The Bishop I serve with said, you keep your goatee if that is what your wife likes. I said, well the SP asked me to shave......so I keep shaved, but I hate it with a passion. I only keep it shaved because I told the SP that I would do so.

In one of my friends wards growing up in the 90s their bishop was fully bearded all the time. I think this "practice" is misguided and stupid.

if a dude wants long hair and a beard, go ahead. If a lady wants a shaved head and long hair on her legs, go ahead. None of it has any bearing on my salvation.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

cappaccio wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:20 am I used to keep a trimmed goatee.... When I was asked to serve in the Bishopric last year the Stake President asked me to keep a clean shaven face "to emulate the brethren". I really wanted to say, no.

The Bishop I serve with said, you keep your goatee if that is what your wife likes. I said, well the SP asked me to shave......so I keep shaved, but I hate it with a passion. I only keep it shaved because I told the SP that I would do so.

In one of my friends wards growing up in the 90s their bishop was fully bearded all the time. I think this "practice" is misguided and stupid.

if a dude wants long hair and a beard, go ahead. If a lady wants a shaved head and long hair on her legs, go ahead. None of it has any bearing on my salvation.
Bless your heart for having the humility to do as asked. However this is a cultural tradition with no doctrinal basis.

If I had a full beard and was asked to shave by virtue of a calling as to “emulate” the brethren - I would probably push back by pointing to a picture of the Savior(hopefully they have a picture of the Savior in their office, and not just the first presidency) and ask “show me in the scriptures where it says I need to be clean shaven to serve Him.”

I can’t think of any logical arguments to that.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

JK4Woods wrote: July 16th, 2021, 10:24 am Luckily my hair is thinning so much I don't have to worry about small minded individuals bugging me about my appearance anymore... ;-)
baldness must be a sign of sin :P

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Just 3 weeks ago in order to serve in a position at the temple, I was asked to shave my beard (which is short and neatly groomed) but I said no. They didn't push back, and I started this week.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

How’s come long hair, beards, tattoos, body piercing aren’t acceptable but breast implants, butt implants, lip injections, face lifts and tummy tucks are?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Mamabear wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:43 pm How’s come long hair, beards, tattoos, body piercing aren’t acceptable but breast implants, butt implants, lip injections, face lifts and tummy tucks are?
Apparently, tattoos are no longer listed in the FSY pamphlet.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:43 pm How’s come long hair, beards, tattoos, body piercing aren’t acceptable but breast implants, butt implants, lip injections, face lifts and tummy tucks are?
Because God said so… apparently

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:45 pm
Apparently, tattoos are no longer listed in the FSY pamphlet.
But how come never a peep about plastic surgery while forbidding those other silly things? They aren’t as bad. And implants can potentially cause lots of auto immune disorders. So can vaxxes, hehe.

Ps. Nice to see you again. You’re missed here.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I have a close friend who has neurofibromatosis. In some cases plastic surgery is a good thing. It has certainly helped him a lot as the growths were starting to cover up his eyes etc. For him it's a matter of practicality although some people are also cruel towards him.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

TrueFaith wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:55 am
Aprhys wrote: July 18th, 2021, 6:52 am
TrueFaith wrote: July 16th, 2021, 9:38 am I see nothing wrong with a well trimmed beard. However long hair in men is spoken against in the New Testament.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" 1 Corin 11:14

There is no evidence Jesus had long hair, in fact I'd wager he did not since he is perfect and he spoke his perfect word against it to his New Testament prophets.

Godliness is beauty and cleanliness. We should strive for this. I wouldn't allow men with long hair to pass the sacrament.
And your ideals are the reason many young, completely worthy kids leave the church. I had long hair growing up. I also had a 3.8 gpa. Never smoked or drank. You wouldn't let me pass the sacrament? My step-son had long hair. Had a nearly 4.0 gpa never smoked nor drank. Was the kindest teenager I knew. Our bishop wouldn't let him pass the sacrament because he had a well kept, clean and beautiful head of blonde hair. My step sons response was "fine." And at 24 he has never stepped foot into an LDS church since that day eight years ago. Once he graduated high school he cut his hair and went to college. He now is an engineer with a great wife and a child on the way. I wish I had the courage that he did to accept the bishops opinion and then tell him where to go shove it. You would probably chastise a young girl for having two earrings in one ear lobe, right? Isn't that also an unpardonable sin amongst the anointed?
They're not "my ideals". I'm quoting Scripture, GOD'S ideals. You are either in line with God's commandments or you are not.

Kids leaving church because they are too prideful to obey commandments is a good thing, not bad. Church is a place for "the believers", not a social club for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to spread his personal opinions and dress code (which is exactly why the church is in the predicament it is in today).

By the way, getting a worldly college degree is not some great accomplishment. I have one and I'm ashamed of the joke university was. I regret wasting six years of my life on obtaining it. Too bad that young man put his salvation in jeopardy because he couldn't humble himself to follow God and simply cut his hair.

And for those who say God doesn't look at the outward appearance. What do you think a baptism and the sacrament is but an outward expression? If we don't perform these outward things we are not going to enter God's kingdom. God looks on the heart AND on our action.
It was a commonly held silly misconception anciently that long hair for men was unhealthy. Paul mistakenly believed that which is why he said it was against nature.

Nazarites had long hair and that was by command of God. Explain that. As far as I can see there is nothing wrong with long hair on a man. The only reason for all the modern injunctions against long hair on a man are the hippies and our reaction against them (I'm looking at you, Ernest Wilkinson). This has done grevious harm to the Church of God as we become distracted from true principles and doctrine and unrighteously judge others.
Last edited by Atrasado on November 7th, 2022, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

There's only one thing I would have told that Bishop and it starts with:

If you don't chew Big Red........

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Mamabear wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:07 pm But how come never a peep about plastic surgery while forbidding those other silly things? They aren’t as bad. And implants can potentially cause lots of auto immune disorders. So can vaxxes, hehe.
And why condemn coffee while allowing energy drinks? Some things we may never know. The org has no shortage of contradicting standards.

But I do think that removing tattoos was interesting, especially considering how strongly the org has spoken against them for so many years. I think they need a new "un-shame" program to help people cope with all of these prophetic alterations.
Mamabear wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:07 pm Ps. Nice to see you again. You’re missed here.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Bullies.