I'm sorry for what I said when I was moderator

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

I'm sorry for what I said when I was moderator

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I was kind of a bossy pants. I just read over some of my old messages from like 2014 - so much cringe and I'm literally screaming out loud at myself. I tried to be Brian's good little soldier and do a good job, doing my "calling", enforcing the rules... and I clearly forgot to be nice all the time. So if you were here back then and I was rude, I'm sorry. I'm not even the same person. I wouldn't want the job today. I hope you'll all forgive me.
Screenshot_20221106-042902-448.png
Screenshot_20221106-042902-448.png (253.8 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: I'm sorry for what I said when I was moderator

Post by creator »

:lol: LOL

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:09 am I was kind of a bossy pants. I just read over some of my old messages from like 2014 - so much cringe and I'm literally screaming out loud at myself. I tried to be Brian's good little soldier and do a good job, doing my "calling", enforcing the rules... and I clearly forgot to be nice all the time. So if you were here back then and I was rude, I'm sorry. I'm not even the same person. I wouldn't want the job today. I hope you'll all forgive me.
It takes a strong person to admit their mistakes and folly and ask for forgiveness.
Kudos to you Foxymama💪👍🙏

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I wasn't around before. Sincere apologies are always welcome. Keep being the person you are now! :D :D :D

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

I thought you were a great moderator back then. I joined you in moderating for a little while. I used to love reading your posts and comments.

We all look back as we age and find it difficult to understand what we did in the past, but that is because we cannot always remember what our knowledge was then.

In my own case, I went through a stage where I was a nazi Mormon. Everything was black and white. I was conducting a baptism for a small branch. Members had travelled 25 miles to attend. It came time for the confirmation and I asked all the priesthood from that Branch to assist. One brother stood and didn't have a tie on. (my best friend at the time)

I remember, to my regret, announcing that we needed someone to lend that brother a tie or he couldn't participate. A misionary Elder gave him his tie. While I regret it, I can remember my training about dress standards at the time and that rule was what was important to me. Now I realise that the people are what is important

We all grow.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I didn't know you were a moderator.
dc

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'm sorry for what I said when you were moderator.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Oh brother boo. Just stop.

briznian
captain of 100

Post by briznian »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 4:11 pm Oh brother boo. Just stop.
Somebody is in need of serious moderation. 😱😆👹

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:09 am I was kind of a bossy pants. I just read over some of my old messages from like 2014 - so much cringe and I'm literally screaming out loud at myself. I tried to be Brian's good little soldier and do a good job, doing my "calling", enforcing the rules... and I clearly forgot to be nice all the time. So if you were here back then and I was rude, I'm sorry. I'm not even the same person. I wouldn't want the job today. I hope you'll all forgive me.
So a decade plus later - what’s your opinion of Denver Snuffer today?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I wasn't around back then but I honestly think we probably all look at some of our old posts and cringe on some of the things we've said!

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

BenMcCrea wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:52 pm
You were right.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:29 pm
BenMcCrea wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:52 pm
You were right.
Thank you for your honesty.

It’s obvious that you are in a much better place today than you were then, so that can only be a good thing! 😃

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Original_Intent wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:01 pm I'm sorry for what I said when you were moderator.
:lol: :lol:

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I don't know what you mean by this what did I miss

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:48 pm
I don't know what you mean by this what did I miss
Just telling you to chill over internet postings from almost a decade ago.
Just relax.

njb

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I'm sorry for what I said when I sounded just like Stacy Oliver and others....

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Does this mean you want the job back now? Because I’m sure there’s room for one more.

RaVaN
captain of 100

Post by RaVaN »

As one who got moderated at, I think you did a fine job for the forum at the time. It wasn't the same place and maintaining civility is important and people need reminding of that whether right or wrong. My apology is for giving you an offense that needed moderation. It's a tough job.

As an aside, those conversations and the moderation you gave helped me later in my real life in dealing with contention and understanding why it is not the doctrine of Christ to contend. It doesn't matter if you are right in your assertions, if the discussion move to contention and you participate, you are wrong, even if correct. May we all learn to be one, so we can be Christ's people. For if we are not one, we are not Christ's, and we need to remember that more now than ever. Anyhow, thanks!

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:17 pm Does this mean you want the job back now? Because I’m sure there’s room for one more.
No way, thank you for the offer though. :lol:

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:06 pm

I'm sorry for what I said when I sounded just like Stacy Oliver and others....
I don't know who that is

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Apology not accepted

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

ajax wrote: November 7th, 2022, 9:46 pm Apology not accepted
Screenshot_20221106-042902-448~2.png