Uchtdorf: God gave us masks. God gave us a vaccine.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Uchtdorf: God gave us masks. God gave us a vaccine.

Post by Luke »

Obeone wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:02 am No other church in the world holds these keys.
Which keys?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Obeone wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:13 am
ransomme wrote: November 5th, 2022, 5:51 am "As I said: Zion is in the wilderness, but is not dead."

What does this represent or mean? Does being in the wilderness have any certain implications?
Yes. "Zion in the wilderness," means the City of Zion is still missing because the Church failed on many different levels so far: beginning with the members who are not valiant, and ending with Q15 who innocently believe damnable lies such as this and this.

But Zion is not dead, because the true keys and authority of the Kingdom of God on earth are still with it. They have the authority of God to perform valid ordinances. Those who doubt this will find out some day, in the most drastic way imaginable, that they doubted in vain.

And another implication of "Zion is in the wilderness, but is not dead" is that in 2030 Zion will be redeemed. Then all who doubted this Church will see their folly.

This is the work of God.

Well, it depends on which Zion you are talking about. Quickly put... :P

First, there is Zion, the City of Enoch which won't return until the Day of the Lord "when men should keep all my commandments" which we can read about in JST Genesis 9
21 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant, which I made unto thy father Enoch; that, when men should keep all my commandments, Zion should again come on the earth, the city of Enoch which I have caught up unto myself.
22 And this is mine everlasting covenant, that when thy posterity shall embrace the truth, and look upward, then shall Zion look downward, and all the heavens shall shake with gladness, and the earth shall tremble with joy;
23 And the general assembly of the church of the firstborn shall come down out of heaven, and possess the earth, and shall have place until the end come. And this is mine everlasting covenant, which I made with thy father Enoch.

Who are those "men"/people who will keep all the commandments? Christ talked about them to the Nephites, gave it in vision to John the Revelator and revealed it to Joseph Smith:

3 Nephi 20
10 And it came to pass that when they had all given glory unto Jesus, he said unto them: Behold now I finish the commandment which the Father hath commanded me concerning this people, who are a remnant of the house of Israel.
13 And then shall the remnants, which shall be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth, be gathered in from the east and from the west, and from the south and from the north; and they shall be brought to the knowledge of the Lord their God, who hath redeemed them.
16 Then shall ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth among them; and ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many; and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. "
3 Nephi 21
2 And behold, this is the thing which I will give unto you for a sign -- for verily I say unto you that when these things which I declare unto you, and which I shall declare unto you hereafter of myself, and by the power of the Holy Ghost which shall be given unto you of the Father, shall be made known unto the Gentiles that they may know concerning this people who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, and concerning this my people who shall be scattered by them;
4 For it is wisdom in the Father that they should be established in this land, and be set up as a free people by the power of the Father, that these things might come forth from them unto a remnant of your seed, that the covenant of the Father may be fulfilled which he hath covenanted with his people, O house of Israel;
12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
22 But if they (us the Gentiles) will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.

Ether 13:10 And then cometh the New Jerusalem; and blessed are they who dwell therein, for it is they whose garments are white through the blood of the Lamb; and they are they who are numbered among the remnant of the seed of Joseph, who were of the house of Israel. (see also Revelations 7:14, 14:1; Isaiah 51:11; cf. 2 Nephi 8:11; )

D&C 109
56 That their hearts may be softened when thy servants shall go out from thy house, O Jehovah, to bear testimony of thy name; that their prejudices may give way before the truth, and thy people may obtain favor in the sight of all;
57 That all the ends of the earth may know that we, thy servants, have heard thy voice, and that thou hast sent us;
58 That from among all these, thy servants, the sons of Jacob, may gather out the righteous to build a holy city to thy name (New Jerusalem), as thou hast commanded them.

D&C 113 (Remnant of Jacob will return to that power)
8 He had reference to those whom God should call in the last days, who should hold the power of priesthood to bring again Zion, and the redemption of Israel; and to put on her strength is to put on the authority of the priesthood, which she, Zion, has a right to by lineage; also to return to that power which she had lost.

Endtime Zion: The Remnant of Jacob needs to build New Jerusalem and establish a Zion as the Lord covenanted with Enoch as stated in the scriptures above.

Also, I find some interesting parallels between Israel and Moses and the Church and Joseph. In this context, the Wilderness means not obtaining the fullness of the Priesthood, communing with the Lord God, and also not being able to inherit the Promise Land, having their leader removed and not receiving the fullness of the priesthood:

D&C 84
18 And the Lord confirmed a priesthood also upon Aaron and his seed, throughout all their generations, which priesthood also continueth and abideth forever with the priesthood which is after the holiest order of God. (Aaronic Priesthood see D&C 13:1)
19 And this greater priesthood administereth the gospel and holdeth the key of the mysteries of the kingdom, even the key of the knowledge of God.
20 Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest.
21 And without the ordinances thereof, and the authority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh;
22 For without this no man can see the face of God, even the Father, and live. (the fullness of the Priesthood, Melchizedek Priesthood)
23 Now this Moses plainly taught to the children of Israel in the wilderness, and sought diligently to sanctify his people that they might behold the face of God;
24 But they hardened their hearts and could not endure his presence; therefore, the Lord in his wrath, for his anger was kindled against them, swore that they should not enter into his rest while in the wilderness, which rest is the fulness of his glory. (ie Fulness of the Father, Fulness of his grace, Fulness of His Glory, etc. It is achieving Zion: 3 Nephi 2:25 And then shall the power of heaven come down among them; and I also will be in the midst.)
25 Therefore, he took Moses out of their midst, and the Holy Priesthood also;

D&C 124
28 For there is not a place found on earth that he may come to and restore again that which was lost unto you, or which he hath taken away, even the fulness of the priesthood.
32 But behold, at the end of this appointment your baptisms for your dead shall not be acceptable unto me; and if you do not these things at the end of the appointment ye shall be rejected as a church, with your dead, saith the Lord your God.
45 And if my people will hearken unto my voice, and unto the voice of my servants whom I have appointed to lead my people, behold, verily I say unto you, they shall not be moved out of their place. (But Joseph and Hyrum were removed like unto Moses, and the saints were removed also; see also 101:93-101)
46 But if they will not hearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men whom I have appointed, they shall not be blest, because they pollute mine holy grounds, and mine holy ordinances, and charters, and my holy words which I give unto them.
47 And it shall come to pass that if you build a house unto my name, and do not do the things that I say, I will not perform the *oath which I make unto you (*from the Oath & Covenant of the Priesthood?), neither fulfil the promises which ye expect at my hands, saith the Lord.
48 For instead of blessings, ye, by your own works, bring cursings, wrath, indignation, and judgments upon your own heads, by your follies, and by all your abominations, which you practice before me, saith the Lord.

D&C 101
99 Therefore, it is my will that my people should claim, and hold claim upon that which I have appointed unto them, though they should not be permitted to dwell thereon.
100 Nevertheless, I do not say they shall not dwell thereon; for inasmuch as they bring forth fruit and works meet for my kingdom they shall dwell thereon. (unfortunately they failed and were removed, did not inherit the promise land or build Zion and we continue to fail in apostasy)
101 They shall build, and another shall not inherit it; they shall plant vineyards, and they shall eat the fruit thereof. Even so. Amen.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Luke wrote: November 5th, 2022, 12:21 pm
Obeone wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:02 am No other church in the world holds these keys.
Which keys?
The keys to perform valid ordinances that are required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Last edited by Obeone on November 5th, 2022, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Obeone wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:48 pm
Which keys?
The keys to perform valid ordinances that a required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus Christ mentioned something on this subject which is pretty much ignored:

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"

This one is the real work. Forget this step and ......... you....don't....get....in.
It's a bit rare to see an adult that has the eyes and openness of a little child. A 'not knowing'. An unwritten slate. Most religious people seem to know it all, argue about it all, give dark looks of judgment, walk with heavy feet, and point out error as they go. Doesn't sound like a little child....yet...their works and ordinances are supposed to pave their way to the Kingdom of Heaven? Well..... no. There's a dam there and it's INSIDE the person.

It's work. The real work. Anyone can follow the rules, the law, and be ordinance-d in full. Very few give time to changing into a little child. One step at at time, like a baby learning to walk but this time, it's about walking backwards and stop being adulterated.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

FrankOne wrote: November 5th, 2022, 10:02 pm
Which keys?
The keys to perform valid ordinances that a required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus Christ mentioned something on this subject which is pretty much ignored:

"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"

This one is the real work. Forget this step and ......... you....don't....get....in.
It's a bit rare to see an adult that has the eyes and openness of a little child. A 'not knowing'. An unwritten slate. Most religious people seem to know it all, argue about it all, give dark looks of judgment, walk with heavy feet, and point out error as they go. Doesn't sound like a little child....yet...their works and ordinances are supposed to pave their way to the Kingdom of Heaven? Well..... no. There's a dam there and it's INSIDE the person.

It's work. The real work. Anyone can follow the rules, the law, and be ordinance-d in full. Very few give time to changing into a little child. One step at at time, like a baby learning to walk but this time, it's about walking backwards and stop being adulterated.
You need both.
 John 3:5 
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Which keys?
The keys to perform valid ordinances that are required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
And yet Joseph Smith often talked about approaching God directly for such things. We shouldn't put false limitations on God.

“..The rich can only get them in the Temple. The poor may get them on the Mountain top as did Moses...” (Joseph Smith, Journal, 1 May 1842 • Sunday)

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

creator wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:29 am
Which keys?
And yet Joseph Smith often talked about approaching God directly for such things. We shouldn't put false limitations on God.

“..The rich can only get them in the Temple. The poor may get them on the Mountain top as did Moses...” (Joseph Smith, Journal, 1 May 1842 • Sunday)
Whether on mountain top or in the Temple, you can only get it through God's authorized channels. That is key. (Pun intended).
 D&C 132:8 
Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

creator wrote: October 26th, 2022, 7:07 pm Reported by an attendee of a “Special Stake Conference”, October 23, 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand.

Uchtdorf: “I wear my mask all the time. Sometimes I forget. Harriet says, ‘Wear your mask!.’ And she’s right. God gave us masks. God gave us a vaccine. God gave us technology so we could stay close to each other and close to the church during the pandemic”

uchtdorf-masks-vaccines.jpg

source

😈
Your source link has been terminated

hmm

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Alexander wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:31 pm Your source link has been terminated
Still works but it's only shared with this FB Group >

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:08 pm
gruden2.0 wrote: November 1st, 2022, 9:26 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 1st, 2022, 7:57 pm Pretty much every medicine in the pharmaceutical industry consists of chemicals that have been derived from nature. People became curious about why specific herbs had healing properties than others did not, then isolated the healing chemical so as to have it in a more concentrated fashion, then did tests on them to determine the proper dosage.

Organic chemistry works wonders.
The problem with that approach is that these compounds can also have toxic properties. In nature, when you take an extract or tincture from a whole plant, or even a component of the plant, there are a variety of constituents that provide balance, counteracting the negative and toxic attributes to provide a general healing effect. By isolating a single component, yes you may get a good effect, but you also get bad effects. Yeah, it may cure your fever, but wreak havoc on your liver. This is not what nature intended.

But go on with your sorceries. What they are doing now goes well beyond what God designed for us, and it is as the days of Noah. If you know what that portends, you would steer well clear of Big Pharma.
This is why these compounds are tested out, repeatedly, in lab environments to determine the proper dosage and for how long someone should take something. You don't want to create dependence, and you certainly do not want to destroy or damage organs in the process.

There are people that have allergic reactions to other components that are found in nature. Isolating a chemical that someone is not allergic to from a plant that contains other reactants that might cause an allergy very well saves lives. Again, organic chemistry works wonders. And the Lord can inspire a scientist to discover these cures for themselves. Modern medicine is indeed a miracle from the Lord, when the Lord inspires people to come up with solutions to fix different problems.
Is there any evidence that Jesus ever recommended a doctor?

Didn't he teach his disciples to administer with the power of God?

Do you think that faith no longer works?

Are you still delusional about the jab being safe and effective?

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Fred wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 1st, 2022, 7:57 pm Pretty much every medicine in the pharmaceutical industry consists of chemicals that have been derived from nature. People became curious about why specific herbs had healing properties than others did not, then isolated the healing chemical so as to have it in a more concentrated fashion, then did tests on them to determine the proper dosage.

The problem with that approach is that these compounds can also have toxic properties. In nature, when you take an extract or tincture from a whole plant, or even a component of the plant, there are a variety of constituents that provide balance, counteracting the negative and toxic attributes to provide a general healing effect. By isolating a single component, yes you may get a good effect, but you also get bad effects. Yeah, it may cure your fever, but wreak havoc on your liver. This is not what nature intended.

But go on with your sorceries. What they are doing now goes well beyond what God designed for us, and it is as the days of Noah. If you know what that portends, you would steer well clear of Big Pharma.
This is why these compounds are tested out, repeatedly, in lab environments to determine the proper dosage and for how long someone should take something. You don't want to create dependence, and you certainly do not want to destroy or damage organs in the process.

There are people that have allergic reactions to other components that are found in nature. Isolating a chemical that someone is not allergic to from a plant that contains other reactants that might cause an allergy very well saves lives. Again, organic chemistry works wonders. And the Lord can inspire a scientist to discover these cures for themselves. Modern medicine is indeed a miracle from the Lord, when the Lord inspires people to come up with solutions to fix different problems.

Of course He did.

31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

He's saying the sick NEED a physician.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:43 pm

Of course He did.

31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

He said that as an example of something they could relate to. He did not actually send anyone to a doctor, sick or not.

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

Let food be your medicine and your medicine be your food.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Fred wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:50 pm

Of course He did.

He said that as an example of something they could relate to. He did not actually send anyone to a doctor, sick or not.
Do you imagine that Jesus lied in his teachings? He taught that the sick NEED a physician. Was he telling the truth or lying?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:54 pm

Of course He did.

Do you imagine that Jesus lied in his teachings? He taught that the sick NEED a physician. Was he telling the truth or lying?
You changed the topic. Parables, metaphors, and examples, are not statements of fact. They are used to illustrate a point. Jesus did not lie or send anyone to a doctor. He would have healed them himself.

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

E4DC7C58-CA32-4B8E-8A9C-4A407B67F190.jpeg
E4DC7C58-CA32-4B8E-8A9C-4A407B67F190.jpeg (216.47 KiB) Viewed 452 times

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

Safe and effective is becoming a cliche and not the truth.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Fred wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:00 pm

Of course He did.

You changed the topic. Parables, metaphors, and examples, are not statements of fact. They are used to illustrate a point. Jesus did not lie or send anyone to a doctor. He would have healed them himself.
Saying that the sick need physicians is a parable? Really?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Obeone wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:09 pm The keys to perform valid ordinances that are required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Well, that's just Aaronic priesthood keys, isn't it?

How many different sets of keys are there? Can you even describe how the 12 had different keys than the First Presidency, according to the D&C?

The 12 had the keys to take the kingdom to the world, the initial keys to start it up, but not the keys to run it. Their keys given by the Lord did not include anything within the stakes of Zion.

The 12 got the keys to the Ford Ranger and the First Presidency got the keys to the Ford Raptor. Different keys.

It is clear that Joseph took his keys with him. That is why he was told that he would hold them in the world to come. This is also why no one has his gift of revelation.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:19 pm

Are we all secretly goats and sheep and don't know it?

Are is everyone either a wheat or tare?

Is God really a potter?

Was Jesus a carpenter who would just moonlight as a shepherd?

Is Jesus light, a vine, bread, etc.?

Is it really easier to put a camel/rope through the eye of a needle?

Read the rest of the chapter. Jesus taught faith healings.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

ransomme wrote: November 7th, 2022, 2:42 am

Is God really a potter?

It is obvious to any listener when something is a parable. And Jesus knew how to phrase things using examples without endorsing them.

39 ¶ Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

He made very clear that he was speaking about their idea about eternal life, but never agreed with it.

When he taught about physicians, he intentionally didn't phrase it that way. He expressly endorsed the view of needing doctors.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:16 am
Obeone wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:09 pm The keys to perform valid ordinances that are required for admission into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Well, that's just Aaronic priesthood keys, isn't it?

How many different sets of keys are there? Can you even describe how the 12 had different keys than the First Presidency, according to the D&C?

The 12 had the keys to take the kingdom to the world, the initial keys to start it up, but not the keys to run it. Their keys given by the Lord did not include anything within the stakes of Zion.

The 12 got the keys to the Ford Ranger and the First Presidency got the keys to the Ford Raptor. Different keys.

It is clear that Joseph took his keys with him. That is why he was told that he would hold them in the world to come. This is also why no one has his gift of revelation.
Not quite:
 D&C 90
2 Therefore, thou art blessed from henceforth that bear the keys of the kingdom given unto you; which kingdom is coming forth for the last time.
3 Verily I say unto you, the keys of this kingdom shall never be taken from you, while thou art in the world, neither in the world to come;
4 Nevertheless, through you shall the oracles be given to another, yea, even unto the church.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 7th, 2022, 6:07 am

Is God really a potter?

It is obvious to any listener when something is a parable. And Jesus knew how to phrase things using examples without endorsing them.

39 ¶ Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

He made very clear that he was speaking about their idea about eternal life, but never agreed with it.

When he taught about physicians, he intentionally didn't phrase it that way. He expressly endorsed the view of needing doctors.
Ummm what? Nothing I mentioned is phrased that way. It is all plainly said, like, "I am....He is....it is....etc"

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

ransomme wrote: November 7th, 2022, 8:18 am
Artaxerxes wrote: November 7th, 2022, 6:07 am

Is God really a potter?

Ummm what? Nothing I mentioned is phrased that way. It is all plainly said, like, "I am....He is....it is....etc"
.... That's why I said that many of his parables he didn't need to qualify because it was obviously a parable. Saying that the sick need a physician is not obviously a parable. If I just posted "The sick need a doctor!" Would anyone think "Oh, well that's obviously a parable"? If I posted, "Stay in the good ship Zion" would anyone doubt that it was a parable?

That's why he clarified in his "search the scriptures" talk that he wasn't endorsing it. If he hadn't, no one would possibly think he was using a parable.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 7th, 2022, 8:22 am .... That's why...
Not to derail the back/forth that's been happening for so long, but do you believe God gave us a vaccine? Do you believe God gave us masks?