Prophesy of a Latter Day Servant

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

by Samuel Höglund, updated Nov 5, 2022

Many have asked “Who is Jehovah’s end time servant?” as prophesied by Isaiah and other prophets. A servant whose mission it is to restore, gather the elect, be a light unto the gentiles, release people from bondage, unite Israel’s tribes, conquer enemies, and so forth.

It should not come as a surprise that it may be difficult to identify who the prophesied end time servant is. After all it is a servant that “have been hid from the world” for a time (D&C 86:8-11, Isa 49:1-2). II believe modern revelation coupled by instruction from Joseph Smith give us some useful keys to help reveal the identity of Jehovah’s end time servant also called the Davidic servant prophesied by Isaiah and others.

I hope you will bear with me as I explore this interesting subject in a somewhat lengthy format. If at first it seems a little disorganized I believe it will come together in the latter part. I think it could reveal many gems.

We must keep in mind that Isaiah uses historical types to describe end time actors and that David is but one of many historical types used to describe aspects of Jehovah’s end time servant.

“Similarly, the way Isaiah characterizes Jehovah’s servant combines many types of Israel’s past heroes who establish precedents for the servant’s redemptive roles. They include Moses, Israel’s lawgiver, who leads God’s people out of bondage through the Red Sea into the Promised Land (Isa 42:4, 7, 16; 43:2, 5–8, 16–17; 44:26–27; 48:20–21; 49:1–12; 51:9–11; 52:11–13; 55:4–5, 12–13; 63:11–13); Joshua, who conquers the Promised Land and allocates God’s people their inheritances (Isa 41:11–16; 49:8); and Cyrus, who conquers Babylon and reestablishes God’s people in the Promised Land (Isa 41:2–3; 44:26, 28; 45:1–2, 13; 46:11).” Avraham Gileadi, www.isaiahexplained.com

With regards to David also being used as an historical type for Jehovah’s end time servant, and hence the term Davidic servant, in addition to the historical types already mentioned, there are many significant themes to David’s life. His life can be divided into four parts: (1) at Bethlehem, where he was a shepherd (1 Sam. 16–17); (2) in the court of King Saul (1 Sam. 18:1–19:18); (3) as a fugitive, delivered out of the hand of a wicked king (1 Sam. 19:18–31:13; 2 Sam. 1); (4) as the Lord’s anointed king over Judah at Hebron (2 Sam. 2–4), and later as king (uniter) over all Israel (2 Sam. 5–24; 1 Kgs. 1:1–2:11). Also note the story of David vs Goliath and consider the Church of the Lamb of God (Jesus Christ) that is described as few in numbers and small dominions (1 Ne 14:12) vs the GREAT and abominable church who sits upon many waters and has dominion over all the earth (1 Ne 14:11).

Restoration is a major theme for Jehovah’s end time servant. In D&C 27:6 we learn that Elias holds the keys to the restoration in the latter days.

D&C 27:6 And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days;

In the next verse D&C 27:7 we learn that it was Elias, the individual, that visited Zacharias and gave promise that he should have a son that would be filled with the spirit of Elias.

D&C 27:7 And also John the son of Zacharias, which Zacharias he (Elias) visited and gave promise that he should have a son, and his name should be John, and he should be filled with the spirit of Elias;

In Luke chapter 1:19 we learn that the Angel who visited Zacharias and gave him promise of a son was Gabriel.

Luke 1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

According to D&C 27:7 Gabriel is Elias.

In Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith section 4 Joseph Smith reveals that Gabriel, who is Elias, is Noah.
“The Priesthood was first given to Adam; he obtained the First Presidency, and held the keys of it from generation to generation. He obtained it in the Creation, before the world was formed, as in Genesis 1:26, 27, 28. He had dominion given him over every living creature. He is Michael the Archangel, spoken of in the Scriptures. Then to NOAH, WHO IS GABRIEL: he stands next in authority to Adam in the Priesthood; he was called of God to this office, and was the father of all living in this day, and to him was given the dominion. These men held keys first on earth, and then in heaven.”

Is it not fitting that Noah, who is also Gabriel and Elias, would have the restoration Keys (D&C 27:6) since he was the prophet and patriarch to restore all things after the flood, which likely was the first major restoration? This was a restoration of the creation (not just the gospel) and Noah became the Father of all living in his day.
Note how Gabriel, who is Noah and Elias, describes the mission of John the Baptist who holds the office and keys of Elias as he was filled with the spirit of Elias.
Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. 14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb. 16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

In Joseph Smith Translation of Matthew 17:10-14 we learn that Elias must come sometime after Christ and the apostles to restore all things.

JST Matthew 17:10 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things, as the prophets have written. 11 And again I say unto you that Elias has come already, concerning whom it is written, Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and they knew him not, and have done unto him, whatsoever they listed. 12 Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 13 But I say unto you, Who is Elias? Behold, this is Elias, whom I send to prepare the way before me. 14 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist, and also of another who should come and restore all things, as it is written by the prophets.

What are the requirements to serve as Elias? I can think of two. Have the keys to restore and having the spirit of Elias. There are many significant parallels between the character and mission of John the Baptist and the mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (1) Many shall rejoice. (2) Shall be great in the sight of the Lord. The restoration is repeatedly called a great and marvelous work, D&C 6:1 and D&C 14:1. A great endowment and blessing shall be poured out, D&C 105:12. Priesthood holders received promises that they would be great in the Lord’s eyes D&C 124:13. (3) Shall drink neither wine nor strong drink so that he may be filled with the Holy Ghost. Compare the Word of Wisdom which is an instruction/commandment for the whole membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (4) Many shall he (re)turn to the Lord their God. (5) Go before Him (which is God/Christ) in the spirit and power of Elias, which is the spirit and power of restoration, to (re)turn the hearts of the fathers to the children. (6) To make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

What makes an Elias? The keys of restoration and the spirit of Elias. Are these two requirements limited to only one individual at a time or can many operate under the keys at the same time, and in succession over time, and can the spirit of Elias be conferred or fall on many?

In a revelation given to Joseph Smith in March 1832 we read the following:
D&C 77:9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse? A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till WE HAVE SEALED the servants of OUR God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is ELIAS which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

This revelation identifies the angel ascending from the east, which is God’s direction, as one that is given the authority to seal. It also importantly identifies this angel and or possibly the sealed servants (in plural) as Elias which is the forerunner and restorer which is to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things. These important and specific tasks are also identified with Jehovah’s end time servant in Isaiah.

Isa 49:5-6 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be HIS SERVANT, TO BRING Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not GATHERED, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord,… Remember what Gabriel said about John the Baptist who also was Elias “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord” (Luke 1:15) …and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be MY SERVANT to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to RESTORE the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 1:25-26 And I will turn (restore) my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: 26 And I will RESTORE thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.

It is important to notice that when the angel ascending from the east crieth he refers to himself in plural in “WE” or “OUR”.

In a sermon delivered at General conference at Nauvoo in April 1843 Joseph Smith taught that beasts (unintelligent, follow their own base instincts more than the exalting revelations of Jehovah) are used by the prophets to represent earthly or worldly kingdoms and thus Joseph Smith alludes that more intelligent (more obedient) or noble beings, such as angels, men (servants) and women (virgin, bride), are used to represent the kingdom of God or a higher more noble kingdom.

“When God made use of the figure of a beast in visions to the prophets, he did it to represent those Kingdoms who had degenerated and become corrupt--the Kingdoms of the world, but he never made use of the figure of a beast nor any of the brute kind to represent his kingdom. Daniel says when he saw the vision of the four beasts "I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this." The angel interpreted the vision to Daniel, but we find by the interpretation that the figures of beasts had no allusion to the Kingdom of God. You there see that the beasts are spoken of to represent the Kingdoms of the world the inhabitants whereof were beastly and abominable characters, they were murderous, corrupt, carnivorous and brutal in their dispositions. I make mention of the prophets to qualify my declaration which I am about to make so that the young Elders who know so much may not rise up and choke me like hornets. there is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the prophets and those spoken of in the Revelations of John.”

On this note could the single individual angel ascending from the east, which is Elias or rather holds the office of Elias, be a representation of the many? Following a prophetic pattern of substituting the one for the many. Meaning the angel from the east could represent the restored kingdom of God on earth or the church of the Lamb of God or even the collective priesthood servants of God? Similar to the interpretation of the virgin or bride as the church/kingdom of God on the earth.

On March 10th 1844 Joseph Smith gave a great sermon on the spirit of Elias, the spirit of Elijah and the spirit of Messiah. Note that this is the same terminology that Gabriel uses in Luke 1:17 (“the spirit of Elias”). He starts out teaching about the spirit and power of Elias and then transitions to the spirit and power of Elijah in the following transcript.

"But if I spend much more time in conversing about the spirit of Elias I shall not have time to do justice to THE SPIRIT & POWER OF ELIJAH, THIS IS THE ELIAS SPOKEN OF IN THE LAST DAYS & here is the rock upon which many split thinking the time was past in the days of John & Christ & no more to be, but the spirit of Elias was revealed to me & I know it is true therefore I speak with boldness for I know verily my doctrine is true. Now for Elijah, the spirit power & calling of Elijah is that ye have power to hold the keys of the revelations ordinances, oricles powers & endowments of the fulness of the Melchezedek Priesthood & of the Kingdom of God on the Earth & to receive, obtain & perform all the ordinances belonging to the Kingdom of God even unto the sealing of the hearts of the hearts fathers unto the children & the hearts of the children unto the fathers even those who are in heaven. Malachi says I will send Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come & He shall turn the hearts of the Fathers to the Children and the hearts of the Children to the Fathers lest I come & smite the earth with a Curse,"

Joseph Smith in this sermon first clarifies that Elias is the office of a forerunner and that we have a forerunner (which is also a restorer) in the last days as also in the days of Christ. Then JOSEPH SMITH introduces and IDENTIFIES THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIJAH AS THE LATTER DAY ELIAS. Meaning that it is “the spirit and power of Elijah” that is the prophesied forerunner and restorer for the end time. I had read this sentence many times not understanding what it really meant, I thought it was a scribal error but it is not. Notice that it is neither Elijah nor Elias, an individual or person, that is identified as the end time or latter day Elias but rather “the spirit and power of Elijah”. And all that are endowed with this spirit and power either having the keys or being directed by the keys fulfill the role of latter day or end time Elias. Joseph Smith then continues to teach about what constitutes the spirit and power of Elijah. In essence it is the Melchizedek priesthood, and very condensed the power of Elijah is the power to seal, which is the same power and authority that was given to the angel ascending from the east, which was revealed as Elias that would restore all things according to D&C 77:9. The angel ascending from the east, and the sealed servants, has the spirit and power of Elijah (keys and power to seal) but also holds the office of Elias or forerunner and restorer, and as mentioned before have many striking similarities with Jehovah’s prophesied end time servant.

Those that have received this understanding of latter day Elias will see and understand that the revelations contained in “The Doctrine & Covenants” are full of Elias (forerunner and restorer) language directed to the members and priesthood of the church. As an example take D&C 34:5 which is directed to all who have been called to preach the restored gospel in its fullness in the latter days.

D&C 34:5 And more blessed are you because you are called of me to preach my gospel— 6 To lift up your voice as with the sound of a trump, both long and loud, and cry repentance unto a crooked and perverse generation, preparing the way of the Lord for his second coming. 7 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, the time is soon at hand that I shall come in a cloud with power and great glory.

We should also consider the connection between Jehovah’s end time servant and the tribe of Joseph who received the birthright of the first-born. The connection to the tribe of Joseph becomes apparent in D&C 113:5-6 since the root of Jesse is already convincingly identified as Jehovah’s end time servant by Avraham Gileadi.

D&C 113:5 What is THE ROOT of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter? 6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is A DESCENDANT of Jesse, as well as OF JOSEPH, UNTO WHOM RIGHTLY BELONGS THE PRIESTHOOD, AND THE KEYS of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.

According to ancient tradition the first-born son becomes the priest/patriarch and the head/steward of the family and receives a double portion of inheritance for the greater family responsibility. Reuben was the eldest son or firstborn of Jacob/Israel with Leah but due to his behavior that angered Jacob he gave Reuben's birthright to Joseph, the firstborn son of Rachel.
In JST Gen 48 and 2 Ne 3 we can read Jacob’s blessing and prophesy concerning the tribe of Joseph and see that it connects well with the mission and description of Jehovah’s end time servant as found in Isaiah.

JST Gen 48: 7 And Jacob said unto Joseph, When the God of my fathers appeared unto me in Luz, in the land of Canaan; he sware unto me, that he would give unto me, and unto my seed, the land for an everlasting possession. 8 Therefore, O my son, he hath blessed me in raising thee up to be a servant unto me, in saving my house from death; 9 In delivering my people, thy brethren, from famine which was sore in the land; wherefore the God of thy fathers shall bless thee, and the fruit of thy loins, that they shall be blessed above thy brethren, and above thy father’s house; 10 For thou hast prevailed, and thy father’s house hath bowed down unto thee, even as it was shown unto thee, before thou wast sold into Egypt by the hands of thy brethren; wherefore thy brethren shall bow down unto thee, from generation to generation, unto the fruit of thy loins forever; 11 For thou shalt be a light unto my people, to deliver them in the days of their captivity, from bondage; and to bring salvation unto them, when they are altogether bowed down under sin.

As ancient Joseph saved his family temporally, his descendants are prophesied to save Israel spiritually in the latter days when the house of Israel is “altogether bowed down under sin” (JST Gen 48:11). Remember that Joseph Smith is the choice seer raised up in the tribe of Joseph for the convincing or salvation of the tribe of Joseph, the birthright tribe (JST Gen 50:30-33, 2 Ne 3:6).

2 Ne 3:6 For Joseph truly testified, saying: A seer shall the Lord my God raise up, who shall be a choice seer unto the fruit of my loins. 7 Yea, Joseph truly said: Thus saith the Lord unto me: A choice seer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and he shall be esteemed highly among the fruit of thy loins. And unto him will I give commandment that he shall do a work for the fruit of thy loins, his brethren, which shall be of great worth unto them, even to the bringing of them to the knowledge of the covenants which I have made with thy fathers (compare Luke 1:17 “And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”). 8 And I will give unto him a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes (compare Luke 1:15 “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord”); for he shall do my work. 9 And he shall be great like unto Moses, whom I have said I would raise up unto you, to deliver my people, O house of Israel.

According to 2 Ne 3:11 the tribe of Joseph has had the word of the Lord, the Bible, but needs further convincing and also its fullness. By first convincing the birthright tribe of Joseph, and gathering Joseph’s descendants into the church of the Lamb of God, salvation is then offered to all the tribes of Israel by Joseph’s descendants. I believe this prophetic mission of Joseph of Egypt’s gathered descendants, Joseph Smith being a choice one among them, coincides well with a very central mission of Jehovah’s end time servant as described by Isaiah. That Jehovah’s end time servant will gather the larger house of Israel.

In D&C 86:8-11 we find obvious links to D&C 113:6 (“…unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood”) and through D&C 113:5-6 to Isa 11:10. We also find central “savior” themes connected with Jehovah’s end time servant. D&C 86 is addressed to the Lords servants in 1832 but will also apply to all the servants that followed even until today. It reveals that the servants (Joseph Smith certainly being choice among them) had a right to the priesthood by lineage, through the tribe of Joseph (birthright of the first-born). D&C 86:9 also links these servants of the Lord with Jehovah’s end time servant through Isa 49:2 in that they are hidden from the world for a time.

D&C 86:8 Therefore, thus saith the Lord unto you, with whom the priesthood hath continued through the lineage of your fathers—
9 For YE ARE LAWFUL HEIRS (D&C 113:6), according to the flesh, and HAVE BEEN HID FROM THE WORLD (Isa 49:2) with Christ in God— 10 Therefore your life and the priesthood have remained, and must needs remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began. 11 Therefore, blessed are ye if ye continue in my goodness, A LIGHT UNTO THE GENTILES (Isa 42:6, Isa 49:6, Isa 60:3) , and through this priesthood, a savior unto my people Israel. The Lord hath said it. Amen.

The lineage of the priesthood is the tribe of Joseph and the Melchizedek priesthood is the spirit and power of Elijah which is latter day Elias or forerunner. These key points help identify Jehovah's end time servant.

In the PGP Joseph Smith History 1:40 Joseph Smith recounts that the angel/prophet Moroni visited him four times and each time quoted Isaiah chapter 11 "In addition to these, he quoted the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, saying that it was about to be fulfilled...". The root of Jesse or Jehovah's end time servant was about to be established and Joesph Smith would be instrumental in accomplishing this.

The world don’t yet comprehend that God has had his authorized end time servant or Elias on the earth since 1830 and onwards (“hidden from the world” Isa 49:2, D&C 86:9). I believe the prophesied end time servant of Jehovah is more familiar to us than most of us realize. Have you read you patriarchal blessing lately? You are called to restore the house of Israel together with all the holy prophets on this and the other side of the veil.

With this interpretation in mind let us revisit D&C 113 (Isa 11).

D&C 113:1 Who is the Stem of Jesse spoken of in the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th verses of the 11th chapter of Isaiah? 2 Verily thus saith the Lord: It is Christ. 3 What is the rod spoken of in the first verse of the 11th chapter of Isaiah, that should come of the Stem of Jesse? 4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power. 5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter? 6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.
The olive tree represents God’s people. To understand the interpretation of the allegory we must understand something about the cultivation of olive trees. The olive tree does not bear fruit at first (at least not good fruit). Isaiah is describing the process that will lead the olive tree to again bear good fruit. The root spoken of here, as a servant, is not to be mistaken for the root of the whole olive tree; that makes little sense when Christ himself is identified as the stem or trunk of the tree. Instead the root refers to a graft (or sprig) that grows into a fruit bearing branch. The rod is a shoot or watersprout that sometimes shoots out from the tree trunk (a sign of life) but won’t yield any fruit but it can be left to keep the tree alive until the tree becomes strong enough to support a graft.

So here we have two servants, the rod and the root, on different spiritual levels or possibly one servant at different stages of development depending on how you look at it. The second servant, the root that grows into a branch yielding good fruit, is on a higher spiritual level than the first, and is identified as Jehovah’s end time servant by Avraham Gileadi. D&C 113:6 tells us that Jehovah’s end time servant must be of the lineage of Joseph since the priesthood rightly belongs to this lineage. But in order to receive the priesthood and serve Jehovah the lineage must be gathered. They must be gathered into the church that bears his name. The rod servant has been endowed with much power but no priesthood power is mentioned. Nevertheless he is in the hands of Christ and serves his purpose. The rod servant shares some of the characteristics/lineage of the root servant. D&C 113:4 indicates Ephraim or Joseph assimilated or blended with gentiles. I believe this rod servant with power but no priesthood is more of a worldly but Christian power (the rod is connected to the stem or trunk which is Christ) that keeps the tree alive even if the good fruit is missing. The tribe of Ephraim was prophesied to become a multitude of nations Gen 48:19. Christ himself says that he inspired the creation of the USA (D&C 101:77-80). I believe the root servant which shall eventually grow into a fruitful branch is the gathered birthright tribe of Joseph endowed with the priesthood or in other words the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that this servant is also latter day Elias, the restorer that will restore the Olive tree/God’s people. The restored church/priesthood of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds the keys of God’s kingdom on earth and the priesthood and thus identifies it with the root of Jesse in D&C 113:6. The restored church of the Lamb/priesthood has the mission to gather His people ISRAEL in the last days. However, the rod servant which is identified with assimilated Ephraim and gentiles, even a multitude of nations, who will not be gathered due to the deception of the whore of Babylon/church of the devil, will at some point be cut off. The wicked people, the tares, will be tied in bundles and destroyed (D&C 86:4-7).

The root servant is made up of gathered or sifted tribe of Joseph, a restored lineage of Joseph, and is no longer assimilated or blended with the gentiles (Isa 49:3) in the same sense as the rod servant. The root servant is also the latter day Elias, a righteous covenant keeping people, the sifted wheat, to whom rightly belongs the Melchizedek priesthood with whom the David and Joseph type of covenants and blessings continues.

I think we can gather a few more clues from Isa 52:13-15 (also in 3 Ne 20:43-45) and 3 Ne 21:9-11.

Isa 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. 14 As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred MORE THAN ANY MAN, AND HIS FORM MORE THAN THE SONS OF MEN:...
Could this interesting wording mean that the servant is not a single individual and that “his” visage will be marred such that he will be “hid from the world” (D&C 86:9, Isa 49:2).
15 So shall HE SPRINKLE MANY NATIONS (compare Gen 48:19 “his seed shall become a multitude of nations”); the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

It is difficult to imagine a single individual that sprinkle many nations. But this description fits with how Nephi describes the church of the Lamb of God in the end times.

1 Ne 14:12 And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.

3 Ne 21:9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them. 10 But behold, THE LIFE OF MY SERVANT SHALL BE IN MY HAND; therefore they shall not hurt him, although HE SHALL BE MARRED because of them. Yet I WILL HEAL HIM, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil. 11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off (the rod shall be cut off and the root remain Isa 11:1) from among my people who are of the covenant.

These passages indicate that the mission of Jehovah’s end time servant will be difficult and that he will be marred because of opposition. The opposition may come from within and without and some may even give up on the servant in his marred state, when his light unto the gentiles may be diminished (the sun is darkened). However, we can find comfort in the words of Christ. In that the servant’s life ultimately is in the hand of Christ and at some point he will be healed and his light will shine brightly again. And that this will be done in order that God’s wisdom will be shown to be greater than the cunning of the devil.

3 Ne 21:11 also describes that Jehovah’s servant shall bring forth the words of Jesus Christ unto the Gentiles. Bring forth the words must be something more than the Bible which the Gentiles already have.

I believe I have identified many keys or points, and there are bound to be many more, that identifies Jehovah’s end time servant (or Davidic servant) which I also believe is the Elias or forerunner prophesied by Jesus Christ, Isaiah, Nephi, Moroni and John the revelator and many more. From the points I have tried to make I currently believe the prophesied servant is no single superhuman individual that we should expect to fulfill all end time prophesy in a future day. To look past the mark can be dangerous and can possibly diminish our faith in the restored church of the Lamb of God and its glorious destiny as a result. Looking past the mark we open ourselves to deception.

As an experiment make a list of all the things Jehovah’s end time servant is prophesied to accomplish in Isaiah, and consider the time and effort it will take, and you will soon realize that the list of tasks, or scope of the mission, is impossible to accomplish for a single human being, even for Joseph Smith who is no longer among us on earth (maybe if he would have lived until he was 80).

Rather, the marvelous work and wonder began in 1830 with the choice seer raised out of the fruit of Joseph’s loins and is continually moving forward in accomplishing the mission of Jehovah’s end time servant and the end will be glorious despite opposition along the way. In my current view it is the collective body of the restored priesthood of God on earth beginning with Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery, operating hidden from the world (D&C 86:8-11) that is Jehovah’s authorized end time servant, the ministering angel from the east. We are part of this work of the end time servant as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, isn’t it amazing?! The Lord wants all of us to serve him in the end times and be an integral part of this marvelous work and wonder.

God Bless.

abijah
pleb in zion

bezalel

Post by abijah »

ive been getting revelations, lately, on this subject.

specifically about the davidic servant.

for what its worth.

specifically, w/ reference to Bezalel.

Some impressions are more potent than other impressions, ive found.

this has been one of the strongest ones, for me, just now.

the wheels have been turning in my head these recent nights ⏳🌙 😴 💭

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Prophesy of a Latter Day Servant

Post by SPIRIT »

not that I really want to get started on this - because I've posted many times over the years about this,
but I believe the Lord's end-time servant is 1 person - and by what the the scriptures indicate -
that person - is John.

The Davidic servant gathers Israel.

so those that believe that the DS is the one who gathers Israel,
you then must also believe that this servant is John.

and as I've said before in a different thread -
his primary mission, is to gather Israel.

sorry guys, but why look any further. this says it ALL.
These verses show by the Davidic servants mission
that he - John - who is Elias, and "the angel ascending from the east",
and his mission is to gather Israel and " restore all things."

It is this mission, ( he saw himself in Revelations)
what his own mission would be; to gather Israel
in the last days, an Elias - a forerunner
to the coming of Christ. Just as John the Baptist
was an Elias - a forerunner to Christ.
For this important mission he (John the Rev.)
has tarried in the flesh for 19 centuries.
An Assignment to John (Rev. 10)
At this point, an angel informs John of a “sweet” but “bitter” assignment for him to gather Israel “before the time of [Christ’s] coming .”
(D&C77:14)

lds.org
Rev. Chapter 10
John seals up many things relative to the last days—
He is commissioned to participate in the restoration of all things.

8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

* (these verses below say MUCH )
D&C 77:14

D&C 77
9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?
A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

D&C 77
14 Q. What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John, as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation?
A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance, for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.

if this doesn't sound like the end-time servant, will then, I guess I give up.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Hogmeister wrote: November 5th, 2022, 1:48 pm Prophesy of a Latter Day Servant
by Samuel Höglund, updated Nov 5, 2022

Many have asked “Who is Jehovah’s end time servant?” as prophesied by Isaiah and other prophets. A servant whose mission it is to restore, gather the elect, be a light unto the gentiles, release people from bondage, unite Israel’s tribes, conquer enemies, and so forth.

It should not come as a surprise that it may be difficult to identify who the prophesied end time servant is. After all it is a servant that “have been hid from the world” for a time (D&C 86:8-11, Isa 49:1-2). II believe modern revelation coupled by instruction from Joseph Smith give us some useful keys to help reveal the identity of Jehovah’s end time servant also called the Davidic servant prophesied by Isaiah and others.

I hope you will bear with me as I explore this interesting subject in a somewhat lengthy format. If at first it seems a little disorganized I believe it will come together in the latter part. I think it could reveal many gems.

We must keep in mind that Isaiah uses historical types to describe end time actors and that David is but one of many historical types used to describe aspects of Jehovah’s end time servant.

“Similarly, the way Isaiah characterizes Jehovah’s servant combines many types of Israel’s past heroes who establish precedents for the servant’s redemptive roles. They include Moses, Israel’s lawgiver, who leads God’s people out of bondage through the Red Sea into the Promised Land (Isa 42:4, 7, 16; 43:2, 5–8, 16–17; 44:26–27; 48:20–21; 49:1–12; 51:9–11; 52:11–13; 55:4–5, 12–13; 63:11–13); Joshua, who conquers the Promised Land and allocates God’s people their inheritances (Isa 41:11–16; 49:8); and Cyrus, who conquers Babylon and reestablishes God’s people in the Promised Land (Isa 41:2–3; 44:26, 28; 45:1–2, 13; 46:11).” Avraham Gileadi, www.isaiahexplained.com

With regards to David also being used as an historical type for Jehovah’s end time servant, and hence the term Davidic servant, in addition to the historical types already mentioned, there are many significant themes to David’s life. His life can be divided into four parts: (1) at Bethlehem, where he was a shepherd (1 Sam. 16–17); (2) in the court of King Saul (1 Sam. 18:1–19:18); (3) as a fugitive, delivered out of the hand of a wicked king (1 Sam. 19:18–31:13; 2 Sam. 1); (4) as the Lord’s anointed king over Judah at Hebron (2 Sam. 2–4), and later as king (uniter) over all Israel (2 Sam. 5–24; 1 Kgs. 1:1–2:11). Also note the story of David vs Goliath and consider the Church of the Lamb of God (Jesus Christ) that is described as few in numbers and small dominions (1 Ne 14:12) vs the GREAT and abominable church who sits upon many waters and has dominion over all the earth (1 Ne 14:11).

Restoration is a major theme for Jehovah’s end time servant. In D&C 27:6 we learn that Elias holds the keys to the restoration in the latter days.

D&C 27:6 And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days;

In the next verse D&C 27:7 we learn that it was Elias, the individual, that visited Zacharias and gave promise that he should have a son that would be filled with the spirit of Elias.

D&C 27:7 And also John the son of Zacharias, which Zacharias he (Elias) visited and gave promise that he should have a son, and his name should be John, and he should be filled with the spirit of Elias;

In Luke chapter 1:19 we learn that the Angel who visited Zacharias and gave him promise of a son was Gabriel.

Luke 1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

According to D&C 27:7 Gabriel is Elias.

In Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith section 4 Joseph Smith reveals that Gabriel, who is Elias, is Noah.
“The Priesthood was first given to Adam; he obtained the First Presidency, and held the keys of it from generation to generation. He obtained it in the Creation, before the world was formed, as in Genesis 1:26, 27, 28. He had dominion given him over every living creature. He is Michael the Archangel, spoken of in the Scriptures. Then to NOAH, WHO IS GABRIEL: he stands next in authority to Adam in the Priesthood; he was called of God to this office, and was the father of all living in this day, and to him was given the dominion. These men held keys first on earth, and then in heaven.”

Is it not fitting that Noah, who is also Gabriel and Elias, would have the restoration Keys (D&C 27:6) since he was the prophet and patriarch to restore all things after the flood, which likely was the first major restoration? This was a restoration of the creation (not just the gospel) and Noah became the Father of all living in his day.
Note how Gabriel, who is Noah and Elias, describes the mission of John the Baptist who holds the office and keys of Elias as he was filled with the spirit of Elias.
Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. 14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb. 16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

In Joseph Smith Translation of Matthew 17:10-14 we learn that Elias must come sometime after Christ and the apostles to restore all things.

JST Matthew 17:10 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things, as the prophets have written. 11 And again I say unto you that Elias has come already, concerning whom it is written, Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and they knew him not, and have done unto him, whatsoever they listed. 12 Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 13 But I say unto you, Who is Elias? Behold, this is Elias, whom I send to prepare the way before me. 14 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist, and also of another who should come and restore all things, as it is written by the prophets.

What are the requirements to serve as Elias? I can think of two. Have the keys to restore and having the spirit of Elias. There are many significant parallels between the character and mission of John the Baptist and the mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (1) Many shall rejoice. (2) Shall be great in the sight of the Lord. The restoration is repeatedly called a great and marvelous work, D&C 6:1 and D&C 14:1. A great endowment and blessing shall be poured out, D&C 105:12. Priesthood holders received promises that they would be great in the Lord’s eyes D&C 124:13. (3) Shall drink neither wine nor strong drink so that he may be filled with the Holy Ghost. Compare the Word of Wisdom which is an instruction/commandment for the whole membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (4) Many shall he (re)turn to the Lord their God. (5) Go before Him (which is God/Christ) in the spirit and power of Elias, which is the spirit and power of restoration, to (re)turn the hearts of the fathers to the children. (6) To make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

What makes an Elias? The keys of restoration and the spirit of Elias. Are these two requirements limited to only one individual at a time or can many operate under the keys at the same time, and in succession over time, and can the spirit of Elias be conferred or fall on many?

In a revelation given to Joseph Smith in March 1832 we read the following:
D&C 77:9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse? A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till WE HAVE SEALED the servants of OUR God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is ELIAS which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

This revelation identifies the angel ascending from the east, which is God’s direction, as one that is given the authority to seal. It also importantly identifies this angel and or possibly the sealed servants (in plural) as Elias which is the forerunner and restorer which is to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things. These important and specific tasks are also identified with Jehovah’s end time servant in Isaiah.

Isa 49:5-6 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be HIS SERVANT, TO BRING Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not GATHERED, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord,… Remember what Gabriel said about John the Baptist who also was Elias “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord” (Luke 1:15) …and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be MY SERVANT to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to RESTORE the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 1:25-26 And I will turn (restore) my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: 26 And I will RESTORE thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.

It is important to notice that when the angel ascending from the east crieth he refers to himself in plural in “WE” or “OUR”.

In a sermon delivered at General conference at Nauvoo in April 1843 Joseph Smith taught that beasts (unintelligent, follow their own base instincts more than the exalting revelations of Jehovah) are used by the prophets to represent earthly or worldly kingdoms and thus Joseph Smith alludes that more intelligent (more obedient) or noble beings, such as angels, men (servants) and women (virgin, bride), are used to represent the kingdom of God or a higher more noble kingdom.

“When God made use of the figure of a beast in visions to the prophets, he did it to represent those Kingdoms who had degenerated and become corrupt--the Kingdoms of the world, but he never made use of the figure of a beast nor any of the brute kind to represent his kingdom. Daniel says when he saw the vision of the four beasts "I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this." The angel interpreted the vision to Daniel, but we find by the interpretation that the figures of beasts had no allusion to the Kingdom of God. You there see that the beasts are spoken of to represent the Kingdoms of the world the inhabitants whereof were beastly and abominable characters, they were murderous, corrupt, carnivorous and brutal in their dispositions. I make mention of the prophets to qualify my declaration which I am about to make so that the young Elders who know so much may not rise up and choke me like hornets. there is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the prophets and those spoken of in the Revelations of John.”

On this note could the single individual angel ascending from the east, which is Elias or rather holds the office of Elias, be a representation of the many? Following a prophetic pattern of substituting the one for the many. Meaning the angel from the east could represent the restored kingdom of God on earth or the church of the Lamb of God or even the collective priesthood servants of God? Similar to the interpretation of the virgin or bride as the church/kingdom of God on the earth.

On March 10th 1844 Joseph Smith gave a great sermon on the spirit of Elias, the spirit of Elijah and the spirit of Messiah. Note that this is the same terminology that Gabriel uses in Luke 1:17 (“the spirit of Elias”). He starts out teaching about the spirit and power of Elias and then transitions to the spirit and power of Elijah in the following transcript.

"But if I spend much more time in conversing about the spirit of Elias I shall not have time to do justice to THE SPIRIT & POWER OF ELIJAH, THIS IS THE ELIAS SPOKEN OF IN THE LAST DAYS & here is the rock upon which many split thinking the time was past in the days of John & Christ & no more to be, but the spirit of Elias was revealed to me & I know it is true therefore I speak with boldness for I know verily my doctrine is true. Now for Elijah, the spirit power & calling of Elijah is that ye have power to hold the keys of the revelations ordinances, oricles powers & endowments of the fulness of the Melchezedek Priesthood & of the Kingdom of God on the Earth & to receive, obtain & perform all the ordinances belonging to the Kingdom of God even unto the sealing of the hearts of the hearts fathers unto the children & the hearts of the children unto the fathers even those who are in heaven. Malachi says I will send Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come & He shall turn the hearts of the Fathers to the Children and the hearts of the Children to the Fathers lest I come & smite the earth with a Curse,"

Joseph Smith in this sermon first clarifies that Elias is the office of a forerunner and that we have a forerunner (which is also a restorer) in the last days as also in the days of Christ. Then JOSEPH SMITH introduces and IDENTIFIES THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIJAH AS THE LATTER DAY ELIAS. Meaning that it is “the spirit and power of Elijah” that is the prophesied forerunner and restorer for the end time. I had read this sentence many times not understanding what it really meant, I thought it was a scribal error but it is not. Notice that it is neither Elijah nor Elias, an individual or person, that is identified as the end time or latter day Elias but rather “the spirit and power of Elijah”. And all that are endowed with this spirit and power either having the keys or being directed by the keys fulfill the role of latter day or end time Elias. Joseph Smith then continues to teach about what constitutes the spirit and power of Elijah. In essence it is the Melchizedek priesthood, and very condensed the power of Elijah is the power to seal, which is the same power and authority that was given to the angel ascending from the east, which was revealed as Elias that would restore all things according to D&C 77:9. The angel ascending from the east, and the sealed servants, has the spirit and power of Elijah (keys and power to seal) but also holds the office of Elias or forerunner and restorer, and as mentioned before have many striking similarities with Jehovah’s prophesied end time servant.

Those that have received this understanding of latter day Elias will see and understand that the revelations contained in “The Doctrine & Covenants” are full of Elias (forerunner and restorer) language directed to the members and priesthood of the church. As an example take D&C 34:5 which is directed to all who have been called to preach the restored gospel in its fullness in the latter days.

D&C 34:5 And more blessed are you because you are called of me to preach my gospel— 6 To lift up your voice as with the sound of a trump, both long and loud, and cry repentance unto a crooked and perverse generation, preparing the way of the Lord for his second coming. 7 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, the time is soon at hand that I shall come in a cloud with power and great glory.

We should also consider the connection between Jehovah’s end time servant and the tribe of Joseph who received the birthright of the first-born. The connection to the tribe of Joseph becomes apparent in D&C 113:5-6 since the root of Jesse is already convincingly identified as Jehovah’s end time servant by Avraham Gileadi.

D&C 113:5 What is THE ROOT of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter? 6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is A DESCENDANT of Jesse, as well as OF JOSEPH, UNTO WHOM RIGHTLY BELONGS THE PRIESTHOOD, AND THE KEYS of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.

According to ancient tradition the first-born son becomes the priest/patriarch and the head/steward of the family and receives a double portion of inheritance for the greater family responsibility. Reuben was the eldest son or firstborn of Jacob/Israel with Leah but due to his behavior that angered Jacob he gave Reuben's birthright to Joseph, the firstborn son of Rachel.
In JST Gen 48 and 2 Ne 3 we can read Jacob’s blessing and prophesy concerning the tribe of Joseph and see that it connects well with the mission and description of Jehovah’s end time servant as found in Isaiah.

JST Gen 48: 7 And Jacob said unto Joseph, When the God of my fathers appeared unto me in Luz, in the land of Canaan; he sware unto me, that he would give unto me, and unto my seed, the land for an everlasting possession. 8 Therefore, O my son, he hath blessed me in raising thee up to be a servant unto me, in saving my house from death; 9 In delivering my people, thy brethren, from famine which was sore in the land; wherefore the God of thy fathers shall bless thee, and the fruit of thy loins, that they shall be blessed above thy brethren, and above thy father’s house; 10 For thou hast prevailed, and thy father’s house hath bowed down unto thee, even as it was shown unto thee, before thou wast sold into Egypt by the hands of thy brethren; wherefore thy brethren shall bow down unto thee, from generation to generation, unto the fruit of thy loins forever; 11 For thou shalt be a light unto my people, to deliver them in the days of their captivity, from bondage; and to bring salvation unto them, when they are altogether bowed down under sin.

As ancient Joseph saved his family temporally, his descendants are prophesied to save Israel spiritually in the latter days when the house of Israel is “altogether bowed down under sin” (JST Gen 48:11). Remember that Joseph Smith is the choice seer raised up in the tribe of Joseph for the convincing or salvation of the tribe of Joseph, the birthright tribe (JST Gen 50:30-33, 2 Ne 3:6).

2 Ne 3:6 For Joseph truly testified, saying: A seer shall the Lord my God raise up, who shall be a choice seer unto the fruit of my loins. 7 Yea, Joseph truly said: Thus saith the Lord unto me: A choice seer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and he shall be esteemed highly among the fruit of thy loins. And unto him will I give commandment that he shall do a work for the fruit of thy loins, his brethren, which shall be of great worth unto them, even to the bringing of them to the knowledge of the covenants which I have made with thy fathers (compare Luke 1:17 “And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”). 8 And I will give unto him a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes (compare Luke 1:15 “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord”); for he shall do my work. 9 And he shall be great like unto Moses, whom I have said I would raise up unto you, to deliver my people, O house of Israel.

According to 2 Ne 3:11 the tribe of Joseph has had the word of the Lord, the Bible, but needs further convincing and also its fullness. By first convincing the birthright tribe of Joseph, and gathering Joseph’s descendants into the church of the Lamb of God, salvation is then offered to all the tribes of Israel by Joseph’s descendants. I believe this prophetic mission of Joseph of Egypt’s gathered descendants, Joseph Smith being a choice one among them, coincides well with a very central mission of Jehovah’s end time servant as described by Isaiah. That Jehovah’s end time servant will gather the larger house of Israel.

In D&C 86:8-11 we find obvious links to D&C 113:6 (“…unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood”) and through D&C 113:5-6 to Isa 11:10. We also find central “savior” themes connected with Jehovah’s end time servant. D&C 86 is addressed to the Lords servants in 1832 but will also apply to all the servants that followed even until today. It reveals that the servants (Joseph Smith certainly being choice among them) had a right to the priesthood by lineage, through the tribe of Joseph (birthright of the first-born). D&C 86:9 also links these servants of the Lord with Jehovah’s end time servant through Isa 49:2 in that they are hidden from the world for a time.

D&C 86:8 Therefore, thus saith the Lord unto you, with whom the priesthood hath continued through the lineage of your fathers—
9 For YE ARE LAWFUL HEIRS (D&C 113:6), according to the flesh, and HAVE BEEN HID FROM THE WORLD (Isa 49:2) with Christ in God— 10 Therefore your life and the priesthood have remained, and must needs remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began. 11 Therefore, blessed are ye if ye continue in my goodness, A LIGHT UNTO THE GENTILES (Isa 42:6, Isa 49:6, Isa 60:3) , and through this priesthood, a savior unto my people Israel. The Lord hath said it. Amen.

The lineage of the priesthood is the tribe of Joseph and the Melchizedek priesthood is the spirit and power of Elijah which is latter day Elias or forerunner. These key points help identify Jehovah's end time servant.

In the PGP Joseph Smith History 1:40 Joseph Smith recounts that the angel/prophet Moroni visited him four times and each time quoted Isaiah chapter 11 "In addition to these, he quoted the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, saying that it was about to be fulfilled...". The root of Jesse or Jehovah's end time servant was about to be established and Joesph Smith would be instrumental in accomplishing this.

The world don’t yet comprehend that God has had his authorized end time servant or Elias on the earth since 1830 and onwards (“hidden from the world” Isa 49:2, D&C 86:9). I believe the prophesied end time servant of Jehovah is more familiar to us than most of us realize. Have you read you patriarchal blessing lately? You are called to restore the house of Israel together with all the holy prophets on this and the other side of the veil.

With this interpretation in mind let us revisit D&C 113 (Isa 11).

D&C 113:1 Who is the Stem of Jesse spoken of in the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th verses of the 11th chapter of Isaiah? 2 Verily thus saith the Lord: It is Christ. 3 What is the rod spoken of in the first verse of the 11th chapter of Isaiah, that should come of the Stem of Jesse? 4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power. 5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter? 6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.
The olive tree represents God’s people. To understand the interpretation of the allegory we must understand something about the cultivation of olive trees. The olive tree does not bear fruit at first (at least not good fruit). Isaiah is describing the process that will lead the olive tree to again bear good fruit. The root spoken of here, as a servant, is not to be mistaken for the root of the whole olive tree; that makes little sense when Christ himself is identified as the stem or trunk of the tree. Instead the root refers to a graft (or sprig) that grows into a fruit bearing branch. The rod is a shoot or watersprout that sometimes shoots out from the tree trunk (a sign of life) but won’t yield any fruit but it can be left to keep the tree alive until the tree becomes strong enough to support a graft.

So here we have two servants, the rod and the root, on different spiritual levels or possibly one servant at different stages of development depending on how you look at it. The second servant, the root that grows into a branch yielding good fruit, is on a higher spiritual level than the first, and is identified as Jehovah’s end time servant by Avraham Gileadi. D&C 113:6 tells us that Jehovah’s end time servant must be of the lineage of Joseph since the priesthood rightly belongs to this lineage. But in order to receive the priesthood and serve Jehovah the lineage must be gathered. They must be gathered into the church that bears his name. The rod servant has been endowed with much power but no priesthood power is mentioned. Nevertheless he is in the hands of Christ and serves his purpose. The rod servant shares some of the characteristics/lineage of the root servant. D&C 113:4 indicates Ephraim or Joseph assimilated or blended with gentiles. I believe this rod servant with power but no priesthood is more of a worldly but Christian power (the rod is connected to the stem or trunk which is Christ) that keeps the tree alive even if the good fruit is missing. The tribe of Ephraim was prophesied to become a multitude of nations Gen 48:19. Christ himself says that he inspired the creation of the USA (D&C 101:77-80). I believe the root servant which shall eventually grow into a fruitful branch is the gathered birthright tribe of Joseph endowed with the priesthood or in other words the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that this servant is also latter day Elias, the restorer that will restore the Olive tree/God’s people. The restored church/priesthood of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds the keys of God’s kingdom on earth and the priesthood and thus identifies it with the root of Jesse in D&C 113:6. The restored church of the Lamb/priesthood has the mission to gather His people ISRAEL in the last days. However, the rod servant which is identified with assimilated Ephraim and gentiles, even a multitude of nations, who will not be gathered due to the deception of the whore of Babylon/church of the devil, will at some point be cut off. The wicked people, the tares, will be tied in bundles and destroyed (D&C 86:4-7).

The root servant is made up of gathered or sifted tribe of Joseph, a restored lineage of Joseph, and is no longer assimilated or blended with the gentiles (Isa 49:3) in the same sense as the rod servant. The root servant is also the latter day Elias, a righteous covenant keeping people, the sifted wheat, to whom rightly belongs the Melchizedek priesthood with whom the David and Joseph type of covenants and blessings continues.

I think we can gather a few more clues from Isa 52:13-15 (also in 3 Ne 20:43-45) and 3 Ne 21:9-11.

Isa 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. 14 As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred MORE THAN ANY MAN, AND HIS FORM MORE THAN THE SONS OF MEN:...
Could this interesting wording mean that the servant is not a single individual and that “his” visage will be marred such that he will be “hid from the world” (D&C 86:9, Isa 49:2).
15 So shall HE SPRINKLE MANY NATIONS (compare Gen 48:19 “his seed shall become a multitude of nations”); the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

It is difficult to imagine a single individual that sprinkle many nations. But this description fits with how Nephi describes the church of the Lamb of God in the end times.

1 Ne 14:12 And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.

3 Ne 21:9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them. 10 But behold, THE LIFE OF MY SERVANT SHALL BE IN MY HAND; therefore they shall not hurt him, although HE SHALL BE MARRED because of them. Yet I WILL HEAL HIM, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil. 11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off (the rod shall be cut off and the root remain Isa 11:1) from among my people who are of the covenant.

These passages indicate that the mission of Jehovah’s end time servant will be difficult and that he will be marred because of opposition. The opposition may come from within and without and some may even give up on the servant in his marred state, when his light unto the gentiles may be diminished (the sun is darkened). However, we can find comfort in the words of Christ. In that the servant’s life ultimately is in the hand of Christ and at some point he will be healed and his light will shine brightly again. And that this will be done in order that God’s wisdom will be shown to be greater than the cunning of the devil.

3 Ne 21:11 also describes that Jehovah’s servant shall bring forth the words of Jesus Christ unto the Gentiles. Bring forth the words must be something more than the Bible which the Gentiles already have.

I believe I have identified many keys or points, and there are bound to be many more, that identifies Jehovah’s end time servant (or Davidic servant) which I also believe is the Elias or forerunner prophesied by Jesus Christ, Isaiah, Nephi, Moroni and John the revelator and many more. From the points I have tried to make I currently believe the prophesied servant is no single superhuman individual that we should expect to fulfill all end time prophesy in a future day. To look past the mark can be dangerous and can possibly diminish our faith in the restored church of the Lamb of God and its glorious destiny as a result. Looking past the mark we open ourselves to deception.

As an experiment make a list of all the things Jehovah’s end time servant is prophesied to accomplish in Isaiah, and consider the time and effort it will take, and you will soon realize that the list of tasks, or scope of the mission, is impossible to accomplish for a single human being, even for Joseph Smith who is no longer among us on earth (maybe if he would have lived until he was 80).

Rather, the marvelous work and wonder began in 1830 with the choice seer raised out of the fruit of Joseph’s loins and is continually moving forward in accomplishing the mission of Jehovah’s end time servant and the end will be glorious despite opposition along the way. In my current view it is the collective body of the restored priesthood of God on earth beginning with Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery, operating hidden from the world (D&C 86:8-11) that is Jehovah’s authorized end time servant, the ministering angel from the east. We are part of this work of the end time servant as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, isn’t it amazing?! The Lord wants all of us to serve him in the end times and be an integral part of this marvelous work and wonder.

God Bless.
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 16th, 2019, 12:41 pm
THE object SPace needs to be mAde more Clear. In the mEantiMe there is a pAir of tupelo iN the backyard that need ordering.
For those reading this that are not getting the significance. This was not written by me. These two sentences came directly from the Spirit. There are 5 layers of meaning just in the first sentence.
1. The obvious is to look at the capitals and what they spell, THE SPACEMAN.
2. The not so obvious objects like tupelo and how they relate. A tuple is an ordered pair and yet there is a pair of tupelo (trees) that need ordering.
3. There is the duality of the word 'space' which links both sentences that also form the duality mE anti Me.
4,5. Because of the duality of point 3 there are two secret or hidden princes.

And on top of all that the duality is carried through to the second sentence with the objects (capital letters) that make the mE anti Me. That separate out the "ace" in "SPace". Every part is interconnected and relies on every other part. It only took me less than a minute to type. If you think that this was just all an accident it does not seem realistic. If you think that my mind created all this even if I spent hours on it rather than less than a minute then thank you, lol.
Perhaps a picture of Gabriel at march8miracle.org was captured by one who was ordained to the Aaronic order of the priesthood. Having a forerunner represents an ordering of things such as servants and orders of priesthood.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

It's not a person it's a Spirit, and all these people going around gathering underlings and getting all upset and angry and their apparent panties in to a wad because they aren't being acknowledged as great by their fellow sovereign, are charlatans.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

The Aaronic priesthood was given as a curse not a blessing.

Enoch
captain of 100

Post by Enoch »

darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:17 am It's not a person it's a Spirit, and all these people going around gathering underlings and getting all upset and angry and their apparent panties in to a wad because they aren't being acknowledged as great by their fellow sovereign, are charlatans.

Interesting - do you mind sharing how you came to this conclusion?

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:44 am The Aaronic priesthood was given as a curse not a blessing.

interesting. can you elaborate?
darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:17 amIt's not a person it's a Spirit
¿ por que no los dos ?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

abijah wrote: November 7th, 2022, 10:13 pm
darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:44 am The Aaronic priesthood was given as a curse not a blessing.

darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:17 amIt's not a person it's a Spirit
¿ por que no los dos ?
The OP was well layed out. i had been wondering about this subject myself because I know very little about it. .

porque no los dos? sure, I think that is what the OP is all about.

The spirit of Elijah endowing many men with the power of restoration and redemption and it could be that Elijah himself is the leader.

What comes to mind is the 144,000 . Hm. Imagine a world in disarray and 144,000 men endowed with the power of Elijah, walking the earth to teach the gospel,....one....last....time...

The subject of the 144,000 is one that is covered very rarely in LDS teachings.

The priesthood authority is mentioned in the OP and the inference that those endowed with the spirit of Elijah must therefore be LDS. Well......as the OP also pointed out, Adam was given the priesthood before he was born.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FrankOne wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:35 pm
This perfectly describes my learning experience with a princess type person whose latest big role was playing the friend of a friend of God on TV. 8-)
Spoiler
Francesca queried me is it Slog Frog or Slog the frog, to which after some thought, I replied it’s both.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 8th, 2022, 10:35 pm
This perfectly describes my learning experience with a princess type person whose latest big role was playing the friend of a friend of God on TV. 8-)
Spoiler
Francesca queried me is it Slog Frog or Slog the frog, to which after some thought, I replied it’s both.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Spoiler
duplicate

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FrankOne wrote: November 8th, 2022, 11:19 pm
Spoiler
duplicate
Actually more like a triplicate and more. :lol:

search.php?keywords=SSPS+ will find Strange Stuff People Say or could be Silly Stuff People Say, but for my few examples Strange is the better fit. Actually said PTP asked about Squiggly Squirrel 🐿 but because of her question, I came to know the complete names of all my characters, except the crotchety old crow.

More details at SlogFrog.com

LDSFF sometimes is like that too, especially this thread aids understanding of ordering tuples and stuff. 8-)

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

abijah wrote: November 7th, 2022, 10:13 pm

¿ por que no los dos ?
Exactly. Seek the Spirit of Elijah or the Spirit of the Davidic Servant and be possessed by it and let it move you. Spirits are also patterns.

One way of looking at the title is that they are descriptions or names for spiritual progress.

When Jesus prayed the intercessory prayer He prayed that not only those who are with Him are One but that all who believe on their words would be One just like He and the Father are One and Jesus taught at that time too that the Father loves all as He loves the Son and the same glory given to the Son is available to all.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ IS true!

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Aaronic priesthood is a priesthood for sinners and those who are unable or unwilling to live the higher law.

It was given as a curse for the Israelites rejecting the Higher Law. We are given a lower law when we refuse the higher law because of sin. We are cursed with outward ordinances as opposed to true spiritual power.

Being only a priest of Aaron just means you are not a ready or capable of being a priest of Christ.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

edify wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:20 pm
darknesstolight wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:17 am It's not a person it's a Spirit, and all these people going around gathering underlings and getting all upset and angry and their apparent panties in to a wad because they aren't being acknowledged as great by their fellow sovereign, are charlatans.

Interesting - do you mind sharing how you came to this conclusion?
I see a spirit and a pattern as being essentially the same.

The Spirit of Christ or the Pattern of Christ is a real thing. The scriptures say all humans are born with the "Spirit of Christ" (it does not just say Light although Light, Life, and Truth are all Christ).

We all have within us the pattern of Christ. We can seek that pattern out within us and begin to match the pattern of our ego with the pattern of Christ. Actually we have to Let the Spirit of Christ or the pattern of Christ hold sway in our heart and mind.

The scriptures call it the spirit of Elijah.

When you look at the individuals in history like Elias or Elijah or John or David and so on they were individuals who exhibited as an example or ensample what that pattern or Spirit looks like, acts like, etc.

That Spirit is not dead and cannot be killed even though Elias the mortal has died and so has David yet the pattern the Spirit that they possessed or which they let hold sway lives on and can be sought after and adopted. It is also a part of the Father and Son Spirit which are all One.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

John the revelator is still here on the Earth. Hidden. He is with the lost tribes of Israel with their revelations and their scriptures. To come forth soon with the melting of ice, flowing down.

Think of: Magnetic Pole Shift/Reversal

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 11th, 2022, 1:58 pm John the revelator is still here on the Earth. Hidden. He is with the lost tribes of Israel with their revelations and their scriptures. To come forth soon with the melting of ice, flowing down.

Think of: Magnetic Pole Shift/Reversal
my perspective as well.

I don't know if John is with them, but when they arrive, I would expect him to be with them at that time.

that will be a very good day.

edit to add:

have you listened to this guy? Seems legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MeYpb-QFQ&t=8s

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

darknesstolight wrote: November 11th, 2022, 6:56 amExactly. Seek the Spirit of Elijah or the Spirit of the Davidic Servant and be possessed by it and let it move you.
🤔 what do mean "exactly" though? im not sure how this answer squares with your previous post about how its a spirit, not an incarnate person. these seem like 180⁰ opposites.

elijah really is the perfect example though, as in he was a person but also the identity`marker for a distinct 'spirit' ('of elijah').
the davidic servant is also referred to as the "spirit" which "gathers" scattered Zion in the fulcrum of the ages:

Isaiah 34
16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
  • Genesis 49
    10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
darknesstolight wrote: November 11th, 2022, 6:56 amSpirits are also patterns.
I would definitely agree with this statement.
darknesstolight wrote: November 11th, 2022, 6:56 amOne way of looking at the title is that they are descriptions or names for spiritual progress.
one common misconception it seems when it comes to names/titles in the scriptures, is that they typically tend not to describe what a thing is, but rather what a thing does. something's function, rather than its nature.

a prime example of this is angels. the terms "malakhim"/"aggelos" (meaning "messengers") don't describe a type of species/class-of-beings, but rather a job description.

just food for thought i guess.
Last edited by abijah on November 12th, 2022, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

darknesstolight wrote: November 11th, 2022, 7:00 am Aaronic priesthood is a priesthood for sinners and those who are unable or unwilling to live the higher law.

It was given as a curse for the Israelites rejecting the Higher Law. We are given a lower law when we refuse the higher law because of sin. We are cursed with outward ordinances as opposed to true spiritual power.

Being only a priest of Aaron just means you are not a ready or capable of being a priest of Christ.

ive had similar speculations:
abijah` wrote: December 31st, 2021, 5:27 amAaron's role and Priesthood was an unfortunate Plan`B after Moses repeatedly petitioned to send someone else. That's the very first time in the scriptures where God gets "angry", not the murder of Cain or even the Flood, but when the Aaronic Priesthood becomes a needful thing on account of Moses shirking.

The Aaronic Priesthood appears to have been a concession of the Lord, made in a heated moment of kindled-anger. It seems was never meant to happen, or be a thing, not on the face of it at least..
like i said, this is the first time God anger burns. that means serious business, like actual *curse* territory, as you yourself said.

it seems the aaronic priesthood was necessitated out of moses's unwillingness to accept the commission, and was therefore given as a concession, a plan B (maybe the real question is whether God ultimately intended this, kinda like whether He ultimately intended the Fall to happen or not...? 🤔)

Exodus 4
11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
13 And he said, O my LORD, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.
14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother?

You're right that it did ultimately become a curse, for both Aaron's lineage and Israel as a whole, in the days of the priest Eli..

1 Samuel 2
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house...

Bibleproject did a good podcast episode on this, aptly titled "Doomed to Fail?"