The gospel living app and your personal data

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mamabear
captain of 1,000

The gospel living app and your personal data

Post by Mamabear »

I just received a text from an ecclesiastical leader stating that they are no longer sending texts and want us to use circles via the gospel living app. I didn’t like the sound of that so I went to the App Store to look at it and I clicked the privacy policy.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/leg ... country=go

“For what purposes do we process personal data?
We process personal data for ecclesiastical, genealogy, humanitarian, social welfare, missionary, teaching, and other operational and administrative purposes.”

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: The gospel living app and your personal data

Post by Sunain »

Do not even install the app. It's spyware. Plus the church has already had the account data of users stolen in a hack.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

If I downloaded all the apps that I've been asked to, I'd need several phones.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I looked at this app. It would seem to be directed at youth and not the general membership. I am unsure how the circles feature of it could ever replace more standard forms of communication.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: November 4th, 2022, 6:57 am I looked at this app. It would seem to be directed at youth and not the general membership. I am unsure how the circles feature of it could ever replace more standard forms of communication.
The only reason I'm on Faecebook is the church. It causes massive problems when someone is not on it. Our EQP at least acknowledges not everyone is on it.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

gkearney wrote: November 4th, 2022, 6:57 am I looked at this app. It would seem to be directed at youth and not the general membership. I am unsure how the circles feature of it could ever replace more standard forms of communication.
This was the first time I heard about it. Indeed, it seems to be for youth.