If the time ever comes....

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

If the time ever comes....

Post by nightlight »

If the time ever comes where we can no longer connect on this forum...... know that I appreciate and love you people and this space.

I'm sorry when I'm condescending at times

We all need to keep in mind that we probably have more common than not.

Sincerely,

Cameron

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Re: If the time ever comes....

Post by Jonesy »

Amen. Our time of mercy is coming short. Our eyes will be opened either way. We’re all trying to figure it out…

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Meet you in the gulags brother.
Last edited by tribrac on November 2nd, 2022, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Beautiful words. May we gain strength through our upcoming trials and find comfort in knowing that we have many friends around the world with strong attributes.

I too love each and every one of you and think of you as my brothers and sisters, daughters and sons...

Respectfully,

Cindy Justice

(I have thought of erasing my internet trails and becoming invisible, or at least a nobody.... However, I am being prompted to follow the scripture. Matthew 5:16 β€œLet your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. "

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

hopefully the day never comes i need to put "rip ldsff" in my bio somewhere 😒 πŸ™

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

Oh, that time is coming, unfortunately. But I feel the same, and I am very new here.

Some of the die-hard-church-is-true-no-matter-what people on this forum can be hard to love though...πŸ˜€

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Nevervaxxed wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 1:40 am Oh, that time is coming, unfortunately. But I feel the same, and I am very new here.

Some of the die-hard-church-is-true-no-matter-what people on this forum can be hard to love though...πŸ˜€
It seems that way at times. But I liked that they give me good practice for working on my Christlike qualities, and often strengthen my understanding of the Gospel (albeit, not as they understand it πŸ˜‚). They have led me to many a discovery.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Nevervaxxed wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 1:40 am Oh, that time is coming, unfortunately. But I feel the same, and I am very new here.

Must need develop your calculator brain.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

abijah wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 1:34 am hopefully the day never comes i need to put "rip ldsff" in my bio somewhere 😒 πŸ™
By bio, you mean your candlelit journal....

For real tho

Electricity is the foundation of our society and it can go away in the blink of an eye. And, imo, once it's gone, getting it back will mean subservience and restriction

(not to mention a host of other things that could make places like this forum a distant memory)

I believe this is in our future

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

ransomme wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 3:25 am

It seems that way at times. But I liked that they give me good practice for working on my Christlike qualities, and often strengthen my understanding of the Gospel (albeit, not as they understand it πŸ˜‚). They have led me to many a discovery.
I agree wholeheartedly. I used to get riled by those with opposing views. I would then search diligently for scriptures that would back my views. (Scriptures can often be twisted to push an agenda). I would make lists of scriptures.... reading and pouring over cross references.

Then a curious change began. I no longer wanted to prove someone was wrong. Instead, I wanted to find the truth to many questions and doubts that I have had over the years. I discovered the true power of prayer.

So.... I thank each and every person who posts a polar opposite view. They are each helping me grow in tremendous leaps and bounds! :)

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

nightlight wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 7:46 am
abijah wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 1:34 am hopefully the day never comes i need to put "rip ldsff" in my bio somewhere 😒 πŸ™

For real tho

Electricity is the foundation of our society and it can go away in the blink of an eye. And, imo, once it's gone, getting it back will mean subservience and restriction

(not to mention a host of other things that could make places like this forum a distant memory)

I know people around me here whose energy prices have already increased 6x's

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Momma J wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 12:09 pm
ransomme wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 3:25 am

I agree wholeheartedly. I used to get riled by those with opposing views. I would then search diligently for scriptures that would back my views. (Scriptures can often be twisted to push an agenda). I would make lists of scriptures.... reading and pouring over cross references.

Then a curious change began. I no longer wanted to prove someone was wrong. Instead, I wanted to find the truth to many questions and doubts that I have had over the years. I discovered the true power of prayer.

So.... I thank each and every person who posts a polar opposite view. They are each helping me grow in tremendous leaps and bounds! :)
Exactly

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

For many years I felt like I was an anomaly, not able to agree with what everyone around me professed to know. I started to think there was something wrong with me, as I often felt like an imposter because I couldn’t shake the apparent and mounting incongruences between the early years of the church and the plain lessons taught in the Book of Mormon with what I was witnessing contemporarily.

This site helped me realize I wasn’t alone, that the things I was observing and having impressed upon my heart wasn’t the self-deception I feared it was; rather, it was the opposite, a voice of warning, that I could not in good conscience ignore, and as a result of choosing to heed that voice, rather than the voices of men, I have had much more clarity and resolve in living the gospel.

If… when the power grid of Babel falls over, I imagine many of the folks from this site, already awake, will not be counted among the masses of salty pillars, overcome and paralyzed with shock and denial, but will be instrumental in furthering the marvelous work of Christ.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ransomme wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 12:22 pm
nightlight wrote: ↑November 2nd, 2022, 7:46 am

For real tho

I know people around me here whose energy prices have already increased 6x's
Hydrogen will soon power steel production in Sweden. :lol:

Can you say HTGR?