Have you had any vibrant dreams you feel like sharing?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Have you had any vibrant dreams you feel like sharing?

Post by Juliet »

Rubicon wrote: July 27th, 2022, 10:37 am
creator wrote: July 27th, 2022, 9:54 am
Also, I find that like others have said "TV and movies have colored the content and structure of our dreams". I can almost guarantee what I'll dream about if I have been intensely focusing on something for a few hours right before going to sleep - whether that's work or entertainment, those things can then manifest in a weird looped version of what I was focusing on. For example, it's very strange to dream in code (after working on a website coding project late at night).
I've had Asimov's "Archimedes Principle" happen a lot. This is somewhat like the above, but with a twist in the other direction.

I read the Isaac Asimov essay in 10th grade English class. (Found it, here!)

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/ ... aac-asimov

He wrote about having writer's block and not knowing how to write himself out of a jam or a slump. He would go see an inane, brainless movie and force himself to forget all about it. Inevitably, either while watching the movie or right after, the answer would come to him --- because he had been relaxing and purposely getting away from it. He then discussed how Archimedes discovered the principle of displacement. He had been given a real-life problem involving density and volume and determining whether the before and after contents were the same. He was stuck, and went to take a bath, and, lost in thought, the bath overflowed when he got in. This struck him as the answer, and he shouted "Eureka" (I have it).

I have found, many times, that if I go to sleep mulling over a serious problem or concern, the answer comes to me at night as I dream. Part of this is the subconscious mind continuing to work on the problem, and another part of it, I think, is that we are more open to divine help in that state because our subconscious sleeping mind isn't encumbered by the other things that the waking mind is.

I remember a key to ballistics targeting was discovered by (I think) a British man in a dream. In his dream, soldiers were successfully shooting down targets with high accuracy. A soldier looked at him in his dream and beckoned for him to come over. He showed him in detail the mechanism and how it worked. When he woke up, he sketched it, and it became the key in the "real world." It was a revelation sent in a dream.

ETA: Here is a link for the David Parkinson dream that led to anti-aircraft imaging. It was crucial to winning the Second Battle of Britain (1944). I first read about it in a book by Ira Flatow (NPR, of all places).

https://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comm ... eam_weapon

"I found myself in a gun pit or revetment with an anti-aircraft gun crew . [A] gun there. was firing occasionally, and the impressive thing was that every shot brought down an airplane! After three or four shots one of the men in the crew smiled at me and beckoned me to come closer to the gun. When I drew near he pointed to the exposed end of the left trunnion. Mounted there was the control potentiometer of my level recorder!" [Parkinson had been working with the potentiometer for unrelated telephone technology for Bell Labs].
The man who invented the sewing machine was stuck. He had a dream of natives with spears with eyes in the head of the spear. He realized from that he had to thread the needle at the bottom instead of the top.

I was trying to design a program in excel and I couldn't do it until I got a good night sleep and then the next day I was able to find the formula I needed.

Most dreams replay a sequence of emotions that match a repressed experience we had earlier in life, and when we have repressed experiences, they can sometimes block our thinking abilities.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Juliet wrote: October 28th, 2022, 9:19 am
The man who invented the sewing machine was stuck. He had a dream of natives with spears with eyes in the head of the spear. He realized from that he had to thread the needle at the bottom instead of the top.

I was trying to design a program in excel and I couldn't do it until I got a good night sleep and then the next day I was able to find the formula I needed.

Most dreams replay a sequence of emotions that match a repressed experience we had earlier in life, and when we have repressed experiences, they can sometimes block our thinking abilities.
Our sleeping minds are very good at solving problems and finding solutions. I think too few people give credence to the power of dreams.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

'Dreams are messages from the deep'

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I had a dream with three words in it last night:
Chemfield, Ithaca and Romantica.

Make of this what you will.

ChronicallyOnline
captain of 10

Post by ChronicallyOnline »

When I was 14 and more spiritually in tune, I had two dreams that I can still picture clear as day when I think about them, which is amazing as I can’t really picture things in my mind. They were about four months apart, and are in order.

In the first dream, I was sitting in my biology class and my biology teacher was berating me for being Christian and believing in God, and that science was all that you would ever need. She then challenged me to prove God exists. Back in my freshman year, I would bring my scriptures with me to school sometimes, but always on Fridays so I would be able to read them at home on the weekend and they wouldn’t be stuck at church in the seminary closet. So in my dream, I pulled out my scriptures and told her “Revelations 3:5.” I woke up shortly after and went to read it because I had no idea what it would be, I had only read revelations once and hardly remembered anything.

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”

The second dream I still get chills from. I remember there seemed to be a deep red filter over everything and when I saw the sky, it was like a magnificent sunset of orange and red, except there were balls of fire falling from it. I looked around and knew I was with my family, but only my mom and dad were familiar, I couldn’t sense any of my five siblings there and did not know the rest of my family, as I think it was my future married family. I looked behind me and noticed we were going up a hill (which I have always thought is the town I strive to live in, if the dream is literal) and we were leaving behind utter desolation. It was a terrifying sight, but I wasn’t scared. I have nightmares often that always wake me up and I can practically taste my own fear even while still asleep, but this was not like that despite the situation. I turned forward again and had yet another sense of familiarity and felt that I had made it to relief.

I don’t know why I was given these dreams or in the order they came in, and I do not know if the latter was literal or symbolic of something, but I figured I’d share since the topic was available and I had been thinking of them the other day.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I had a dream that was for me specifically, but might help others...

In the dream I opened my dresser and found tiny snakes hidden away, many of them in jars. All were very much alive. I went out of the room, confused. I found my husband who is very afraid of snakes and he said that he found some in his belongings too. He said that he tried to smash them and one almost bit him on the foot.

I ran outside and saw people with snakes around them, some small like mine, some had large snakes hissing around them. Most people were unaware that the snakes were close. I cried out as people were being bit. I was telling them to get rid of the snakes around them. They could not hear me.

The dream ended. It was not until my morning prayer that I understood, without a doubt.

The snakes represented sins. Even the small sins are dangerous, and we need to cleanse ourselves of iniquity.

CFreeman
Hi, I'm new.

Post by CFreeman »

I had a dream, the memory of it has haunted me for the last year and has motivated me to prepare for the future more than anything else in my life ever has.
In my dream I was sleeping and I woke up because there was a loud commotion to the east, I instinctively knew it was coming from the east coast (even though I live in northern Indiana) but I don't know how I knew. My dream felt so real, so vivid that I was sure I was awake, it felt like no other dream I'd ever had.
Very suddenly and for no apparent reason I had the impression there was someone outside in my backyard waiting for me.
I've felt the spirit very strongly many times in my life, to the point where it almost felt like a vibrating tingling portal of warmth around me (for lack of a better way to put it into words), but this was like nothing I'd felt before. It was like feeling the holy ghost times 10, I felt fear and excitement at the same time, it felt so overpowering!
I walked from my room to my large, sliding glass, backdoor and opened the blinds. There, standing in the air about 12 feet off the ground was a man in a bright white robe. I felt the spirit more powerfully than ever but also great terror. The man looked at me and said, "you're not ready". I instantly knew this had two meanings, I somehow knew he was collecting people for some reason and I was not worthy to go with him but it was also a warning to prepare myself for what was coming. In the dream my mind turned back to the commotion in the east and I just know this was a warning that time was short.
I then woke up, still feeling the warm tingling of the holy ghost. I was surprised that it was just a dream... It felt SO real.
Ever since then I have felt constant motivation to prepare my family for every possible hardship that may come and I've tried to prepare myself spiritually.
I don't know if this was just a bizarre dream caused by indigestion but it's impacted me more than nearly any event in my life.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

CFreeman wrote: November 7th, 2022, 7:46 pm
I walked from my room to my large, sliding glass, backdoor and opened the blinds. There, standing in the air about 12 feet off the ground was a man in a bright white robe. I felt the spirit more powerfully than ever but also great terror. The man looked at me and said, "you're not ready". I instantly knew this had two meanings, I somehow knew he was collecting people for some reason and I was not worthy to go with him but it was also a warning to prepare myself for what was coming. In the dream my mind turned back to the commotion in the east and I just know this was a warning that time was short.
I then woke up, still feeling the warm tingling of the holy ghost. I was surprised that it was just a dream... It felt SO real.
Ever since then I have felt constant motivation to prepare my family for every possible hardship that may come and I've tried to prepare myself spiritually.
I don't know if this was just a bizarre dream caused by indigestion but it's impacted me more than nearly any event in my life.
Wow! This is powerful and sobering to reflect on
Momma J wrote: November 7th, 2022, 5:16 am we need to cleanse ourselves of iniquity.
I agree!

Chris01
captain of 10

Post by Chris01 »

CFreeman wrote: November 7th, 2022, 7:46 pm I had a dream, the memory of it has haunted me for the last year and has motivated me to prepare for the future more than anything else in my life ever has.........
Nice! That sounds like an awesome dream! And so straightforward as well...

I've had some really good ones and I'll try to see if there's one I feel would be good to share. I LOVE the way Heavenly Father reaches out to us in our dreams. It's so personal. Usually I pray every night for him to at least "guide me in my dreams", or "help me to understand...xyz". To be honest, lots of the time I don't get anything, and sometimes it makes zero sense. About 40% of the time I'll get something little though and i try to love and cherish these little bits of wisdom and guidance. Or so many times it will also prepare me for something in my life. Every once in a while there is an awesome POWERFUL message and most of these have been after I go to the temple and I'm praying really hard.

If your trying to receive messages, SHOW APPRECIATION by writing things down immediately (and by giving thanks of course). I also recommend using a dream dictionary for symbols and to begin getting versed in "dream language". The best I've found is dreambible.com (ironically). It's said that everyone knows the meanings of their dreams intuitively, but referencing symbols and some basics that are usually pretty common can go a long way.