Are people voting for Mcmullin?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are people voting for Mcmullin?

Post by larsenb »

thaabit wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:50 am
Kit-OTW wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 5:08 pm You know, I strongly suspect that this former (no one really ever gets out of the) CIA guy, is going to me installed in the office. Watch the shenanigans in Utah. It may be in national papers.
It's curious how he got all the national attention of the media and was inserted at the last moment of the presidential race when other people who were in the race from the beginning with more qualifications were totally ignored. He was not there to take votes away from Hillary, just Trump, despite what was said. And to suggest that a third alternative at that point in the race, especially one with zero experience, was a joke. He provided an outlet for ppl to vote for someone and still feel good about themselves, but at that point in a presidential race, there are only two alternatives.
Edited by larsenb to correct major booboo.

Yes, he was there to take votes away from Trump, and this added to Hillary's percentage of the total Republican/Democratic vote, by causing many Republican voters who did not like Trump, but who had always voted for Republican Presidents, to vote for McMullin.

So a vote from this class of Republicans was effectively a vote for Hillary, though the voter might deny this reality with his/her last breath.

Enabled by the current reality that a Presidential race is determined by the Republican/Democratic vote.
Last edited by larsenb on October 27th, 2022, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

As I have posted elsewhere, after paying close attention to KSL and DesNews’ recent treatment of the race between McMullin and Lee, I would say McMullin has full-on tacit endorsement by the Church. Just like the MSM has always used all resources at its disposal to campaign for Biden and Obama, so is the Church fully utilizing its media resources to campaign for McMullin.

With Lee’s family history, background, conservative values, political track record, etc., I don’t see how he could not feel just like I do, which is that this isn’t the same Church I grew up in, as it uses all resources at its disposal to throw him under the bus.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

larsenb wrote: October 26th, 2022, 1:25 pm Actually, he was there to take votes away from Hillary. Here is the way it works:

Even though McMullin was running as an independent, his handlers were targeting voters who normally always vote Republican but couldn't stand Trump for whatever reason. So in terms of the percentage of the total Republican+Democrat vote, a vote for McMullin would lower the Republican ratio of this total and raise Hillary's percentage of the total.

Thus a normal Republican voter voting for McMullin was essentially a vote for Hillary. Only the Republican/Democrat votes determine Presidential races at this stage of the game.
He was there to take votes away from Hillary? I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. You later state that a vote for McMullin was a vote for Hillary, which was my point. So...maybe I'm confused?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

thaabit wrote: October 27th, 2022, 10:16 pm
larsenb wrote: October 26th, 2022, 1:25 pm Actually, he was there to take votes away from Hillary. Here is the way it works:

Even though McMullin was running as an independent, his handlers were targeting voters who normally always vote Republican but couldn't stand Trump for whatever reason. So in terms of the percentage of the total Republican+Democrat vote, a vote for McMullin would lower the Republican ratio of this total and raise Hillary's percentage of the total.

Thus a normal Republican voter voting for McMullin was essentially a vote for Hillary. Only the Republican/Democrat votes determine Presidential races at this stage of the game.
He was there to take votes away from Hillary? I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. You later state that a vote for McMullin was a vote for Hillary, which was my point. So...maybe I'm confused?
As well you should. I meant, he was there to take votes away from Trump and give them to Hillary. I'll correct that. I need more sleep :(

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Here is an excellent article covering an interview of Sen. Mike Lee by Meridian Magazine (Scott and Maurine Proctor): https://latterdaysaintmag.com/mike-lee- ... 27%2C+2022 .

Even has Lee's explanation of his relationship w/Donald Trump at the end of the interview. I'll add this, below.

Good to see them supporting Sen. Lee, and by implication their probable abhorrence of Evan McMullin.

When I first accessed this article, the comment section was visible, and the comments were horrible in attacking Sen. Lee and many attacking Trump and Lee's later support of Trump. Quite nasty and dismaying to see so many readers of Meridian Magazine apparently supporting McMuffin.

The Proctors apparently closed down the comment section, which I can't see anymore w/subsequent attempts.
Lee’s Challenge with Trump

As you know, I did not start out a Trump fan in any respect. I really did not like him in 2016 for a number of reasons, especially because he was really mean to a few of my friends who were running for president. An occupational hazard in the Senate means all your colleagues are going to be running for president every four years. He was especially mean to my friend Ted [Cruz], whom I helped a lot on the campaign trail. I didn’t trust Trump for that reason alone. I also didn’t think he was authentic in his conservative policy proposals that he was using to advance himself and so I was not supportive. I was even antagonistic.

Several common acquaintances told me, that after he got elected, but before he was sworn in, I should go and see him. They told me it was probably better to break the ice then, and go and sit down with him.

So, I went to New York to the Trump Tower and sat down with him. He, as I suspected, was angry with me and took 10 to 15 minutes to tell me how much. At first, I kept trying to use my Utah, missionary style approach with him, “I am sorry to hear that. I can hear you are disappointed.” You know, just sort of ate butter.

But then as I was prayerfully deciding what to do, it occurred to me to speak to him in very direct terms. Maybe he will grasp that, because that is his approach. I said, “Look, let me put it this way. Insofar as you fight for constitutionally limited government, especially insofar as you fight to restore the vertical protection of federalism and the horizontal protection of separation of powers, I will be your ally and your friend.

“And insofar as you work to undercut constitutionally limited government, and if you erode federalism, separation of powers or any other feature of constitutionally limited government, I will be a pain in your neck and a thorn in your side. I will be your worst nightmare. I will be unrelenting.”

After that point, I don’t think we ever had a hostile word spoken between us. I voted less with him than any other Republican senator with the exception of Rand Paul and Susan Collins and that reflects what I told him in that first conversation. I was completely upfront with him. The reason we got along so well, is that I told him that upfront. If I disagreed with him, I let him know, and I disagreed with him plenty of times, but always with respect.

The problems of January 6, people attribute to Trump, and also try to involve me, but that isn’t fair, given the fact that I worked really, really hard to diffuse this thing. I explained to the President days after the election, once the Electoral College meets and cast its votes, you have to come right out and say you accept the results. Once that finite window between election day and the meeting of the Electoral College happens, any litigation you want to do, is finished. It’s done. I said I’d strongly suggest that you come right out and say you will accept the result. There really was nothing for Congress to do. First thing on the morning of January 6, I certified the election results.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

creator wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 9:39 am I wouldn't vote for Mike Lee or McMuffin.

Op Ed: Lee? McMullin? Anyone?! >>

Mike Lee’s Orwellian “USA Freedom Act” Makes Utah Less Free >>
Disturbing articles. Lee at least said the right things during the Newquist breakfast, but then quickly left after his talk giving no chance for any follow-up questions. I wish I'd known about his support of the USA Freedom Act before hand, I would have been tempted to get on his tail to pin him down on this vote, as he was scurrying out the door.

I guess this underscores the need to at least follow someone who is closely monitoring what our Congressmen/women are doing, in terms of Constitutional/freedom issues. I've lapsed too much into a mindset that the whole charade is a waste of time.

But is Lee a knowing shill? I have my doubts, but who knows. I'll be voting for him anyway, because McMuffin is a complete disaster . . . a Mitt Romney on steroids, who will be doing everything he can to send the country cross-lots to hell. Lee at least has a reputation as a supporter of the Constitution to uphold, which will reign him in to a large degree. Evan has nothing like that holding him back.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Lee is going to win by 10 points.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Christianlee wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:16 pm Lee is going to win by 10 points.
Have we not learned anything since 2020? I believe we have, we just want to forget.

There are people chosen to win, and the liberals can and will move heaven and earth to make it happen, as we watch helplessly for weeks. McMullin is totally in with the Gadiantons. Long time operative, easy to control, and totally fine with all that. Who do you think they will choose? I don't think they will allow a Republican victory in the elections, because they saw how wildly successful they were in their crimes last time. And the Church congratulated them!! Still can't get over that.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Kit-OTW wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 5:20 pm
Christianlee wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:16 pm Lee is going to win by 10 points.
Have we not learned anything since 2020? I believe we have, we just want to forget.

There are people chosen to win, and the liberals can and will move heaven and earth to make it happen, as we watch helplessly for weeks. McMullin is totally in with the Gadiantons. Long time operative, easy to control, and totally fine with all that. Who do you think they will choose? I don't think they will allow a Republican victory in the elections, because they saw how wildly successful they were in their crimes last time. And the Church congratulated them!! Still can't get over that.
I think you underestimate the GOP machine outside of Salt Lake County. No way Lee loses.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

There are people chosen to win, and the liberals can and will move heaven and earth to make it happen, as we watch helplessly for weeks. McMullin is totally in with the Gadiantons. ...
He's probably right that Lee will win by at least 10 points. My guess is that Lee gets at least 60% of the vote.

The Republicans AND Democrats are both Gadianton controlled. That's the game. Utah will remain Republican majority at least for now. All they care about is that enough people still play the game and pick their teams. Majority Fed control will continue to sway back and forth alternating between R's and D's, to keep the people thinking their team still has a chance. Meanwhile the whole system is rigged and the sheeple are blind to who is really in power.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

creator wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 5:29 pm

There are people chosen to win, and the liberals can and will move heaven and earth to make it happen, as we watch helplessly for weeks. McMullin is totally in with the Gadiantons. ...
He's probably right that Lee will win by at least 10 points. My guess is that Lee gets at least 60% of the vote.

The Republicans AND Democrats are both Gadianton controlled. That's the game. Utah will remain Republican majority at least for now. All they care about is that enough people still play the game and pick their teams. Majority Fed control will continue to sway back and forth alternating between R's and D's, to keep the people thinking their team still has a chance. Meanwhile the whole system is rigged and the sheeple are blind to who is really in power.
giphy (12).gif
giphy (12).gif (729.6 KiB) Viewed 287 times

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Exit polls will show Lee with 10 point lead but voting will be 51 to 49, Lee barely holds on. McMullin runs for Chris Stewart's seat in two years.
Last edited by tribrac on November 2nd, 2022, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

creator wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 5:29 pm

In my opinion the Communists have taken off their velvet gloves. There will be no more pretending. That is the pattern of Communists, and Gadiantons and Bolsheviks et al. Case in point, the Satanic Biden speech in front of Liberty Hall the first of September. They followed that with raiding homes of prominent Republicans. They have backed off just a bit, until after the election. Then, watch for all hell to break loose.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Christianlee wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 5:25 pm

I think you underestimate the GOP machine outside of Salt Lake County. No way Lee loses.
I"m getting myriad anti-McMullin ads from PACS and organizations outside of Utah.