The WS&T Poll!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Do you wear a white shirt and tie if/when you go to church?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 53
Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Re: The WS&T Poll!

Post by Alexander »

I don't go to church.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

My husband usually wears white because he's used to it, but does very rarely wear colored. My brother almost always wears colored. My dad will not wear anything but white. My sons wear white because they're used to it. I love color. Less bleach. Less stress over stains.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

I used to hate wearing white shirts and especially suits, so I got rid of all of that after my mission. My ex loved me being rebellious and not wearing a suit. When I got remarried, I felt so out of place sitting next to my very well dressed wife (she makes all her own clothes, and they fit her perfectly) - anyway, I asked her for help to "not look like such a slob", and she said, "my pleasure!" so now...

;)

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

moving2zion wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:24 pm I wear a white shirt and tie, but not always. My youngest son wears a pink shirt, at first it bugged me, but he looks good in it and my wife helped me see that there was nothing wrong with it. I grew up in a coal mining community, boys and men did not wear pink. I know I need to set the example for my sons, and I can be hard on them a bit as it is, so the color of the shirt is not as big of a deal to me. I have worn my military uniform, both field and dress blues several times over the years to both church and the temple. I showed up to the Vegas temple completely covered in mud back in the summer of 99 when it flooded in Vegas! That was a great experience, and the temple workers brought me right in, they were worried no one would come that day because of the floods. My 4x4 was covered in mud from top to bottom, and so was I. My heart was clean when I arrived, I think that's what matters most. In years past it was taught that we should dress our best when we go in public. I can see the value in this and want to teach that to my kids, but I am also positive that we will see far more working clothes brothers and sisters in the Celestial Kingdom than those running around telling their neighbor to put a tie on.
Sir H looks good in pink shirts too.

Contrasts with his Whiteness.

With Burgandy ties.

Leather or pattern vest.

Blazer if I need a jacket.

And fresh pressed 501s.

Cowboy boots.

Haven't worn such in years though.

Maybe if I ever go back...

Perhaps I will have a wife in my other arm then too.

Women love pink.

Sir H

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Thanks, everybody! I was just curious…

And my opinion is that I really don’t think it matters. I think being neat and clean should be the least expected (to be considerate); but even then, just come as you are. God judges our hearts.

And as for my answer, long-time white shirt, but I recently converted to non-white shirt. I just wear a polo shirt. My wife has always liked me in colored shirts, though, and prefers that (although, not necessarily polo). But I’m noticing that I’m actually being treated differently when I wear a colored shirt; and for that reason alone I think it’s worth it and time for change. Time to shake things up and change my experience.