Only gangsters and criminals can now buy, sell and smuggle handguns into Canada.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Only gangsters and criminals can now buy, sell and smuggle handguns into Canada.

Post by David13 »

Well, that's the way it is with drugs, or at least drugs not manufactured and sold by government sanctioned drug dealers.

You know, they passed a law against certain drugs and ... POOF!!! The drugs just disappeared so they have the same plan for guns.

The magic POOF! law. Makes anything disappear.
dc

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Only gangsters and criminals can now buy, sell and smuggle handguns into Canada.

Post by Niemand »

David13 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:41 pm Well, that's the way it is with drugs, or at least drugs not manufactured and sold by government sanctioned drug dealers.

You know, they passed a law against certain drugs and ... POOF!!! The drugs just disappeared so they have the same plan for guns.

The magic POOF! law. Makes anything disappear.
dc
Cigarettes too in some places. Governments make them so expensive in many western countries that people obtain them illegally instead.

I was speaking to someone from the Faroe Islands (a small place in the North Atlantic controlled by Denmark). He says many of the local smokers buy theirs directly from some of the visiting Russian fishermen etc rather than pay top dollar for them off local stores.

From what I hear about the gun market in the UK it's getting like that here. Ask the right people and offer the right price and you'll get a gun. It's not something I'm directly involved in, nor drugs, but I do hear things. Go the right way round and you have to fill out a lot of paperwork, and even prove you're storing the thing properly.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

The cigarettes they just ridiculously over tax them. And thus create a black market.

Usual nonsensical stupidity of government and the usual do gooders. They think they are doing good, but all they do is screw things up and make them worse.

My information is that the illegal guns, which are frequently obtained by stealing are CHEAPER on the street, as they were obtained for nothing in effect, and you will treat them as disposable. Use it, and toss it. You don't want to be found in possession of them.

dc

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

David13 wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 9:46 am The cigarettes they just ridiculously over tax them. And thus create a black market.

Usual nonsensical stupidity of government and the usual do gooders. They think they are doing good, but all they do is screw things up and make them worse.

My information is that the illegal guns, which are frequently obtained by stealing are CHEAPER on the street, as they were obtained for nothing in effect, and you will treat them as disposable. Use it, and toss it. You don't want to be found in possession of them.

dc
American Prohibition is a classic example. All that Al Capone stuff is because of banning booze. It more or less made the Italian Mafia in the USA.

You can argue the rights and wrongs of drinking, but banning something doesn't solve many issues.

Murder, rape, drugs, theft are all banned and yet in common practice in many countries. In a place like China, where guns are even more heavily controlled, gangs use very large and very nasty knives. The problem has just shifted elsewhere.