The personage kept floating to and fro in front of a picture of the Logan Temple ...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

The personage kept floating to and fro in front of a picture of the Logan Temple ...

Post by kirtland r.m. »

George A. Thomas(eight years old at the time).

“When I went into the dining room, Aunt Elvira told me it was too cold for me to remain out of bed undressed, so she said I could go to the pantry to take a banana and go back to bed until she got time to help me dress. Just as I was about to go into bed in the front room I saw a personage coming slowly down feet first through the ceiling beyond the foot of the bed. Looking at the place I saw the most beautiful personage that I ever saw in my life looking down at me very pleasantly. It was in the air more than a foot above the bed and about half a foot from the wall. Although afraid to move in the bed, I peeled my banana and ate it, all the time under the gaze of the personage, who I thought had the appearance of a very beautiful young woman. It was dressed in a beautiful robe of pure white, many, many times whiter than Aunt Elvira’s table cloth. The robe reached to the ankles, but as it was spread wide around I could see the legs about up to the knees. On the legs and top of the feet were bandages of white cloth folded crosswise, and on the feet were sandals. The feet were crossed.

“The personage had long, wavy, pure white hair which reached down to the waist, and over the hair there appeared to be a veil. The hair seemed to be slightly sloped on each side of the head. One hand was open and in the other was a shining, pointed sword with a crossed piece at the handle. The personage kept floating to and fro in front of a picture of the Logan Temple which hangs upon the wall; also near another picture, that of President Woodruff. Its beautiful face and white robe shone brightly and beyond the light the whole was encircled by a dark cloud. After I finished eating my banana, I got up out of bed to go tell Aunt Elvira, for I wanted her to see it too. As I passed out of the room I was so close to it that I could have touched it with my hand. When I crossed out of the door and was on the step leading to Uncle martin’s room I turned around to look at the personage again and just at that moment I saw it go straight up and through the ceiling at the same place where it entered. I went right right into the dining room and kneeling by Aunt Elvira I told her all about it.”https://books.google.com/books?id=1vTyC ... vira%22&f=

Ado
captain of 100

Re: The personage kept floating to and fro in front of a picture of the Logan Temple ...

Post by Ado »

Interesting that he called the female personage “it.” I wonder what the dark cloud was. What a neat story, and reminds me of a vision my sister says she had when we were kids.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: The personage kept floating to and fro in front of a picture of the Logan Temple ...

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

I do appreciate these posts.

But in these accounts I always find it baffling and unless I feel a confirmation too much detail always sound made up to me. Like People describe hair, eye color, and details about clothing and what they said in such intricate detail in ways that just seem totally impossible to me. Like, if you asked me, what was my wife, who just walked out of the room, wearing or said, I couldn't say much. Like maybe pants or skirt. possibly a color if it was notable. And whatever she said, vaguely like maybe it was something about dinner or something got canceled for this weekend. If I knew, then ya I would remember what she was mad about, but i certainly would not remember all the worlds she said.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

hedgehog wrote: October 20th, 2022, 1:24 am I do appreciate these posts.

But in these accounts I always find it baffling and unless I feel a confirmation too much detail always sound made up to me. Like People describe hair, eye color, and details about clothing and what they said in such intricate detail in ways that just seem totally impossible to me. Like, if you asked me, what was my wife, who just walked out of the room, wearing or said, I couldn't say much. Like maybe pants or skirt. possibly a color if it was notable. And whatever she said, vaguely like maybe it was something about dinner or something got canceled for this weekend. If I knew, then ya I would remember what she was mad about, but i certainly would not remember all the worlds she said.
His description and detail reminds me of Joseph Smith's account of the appearance of Moroni, next to his bed. Also, it would be a singularly remarkable occurrence to be visited by a glorified being. Every detail would be seared into your mind, as all your senses are alive and actively participating with that holy being.