The 2nd Civil War & Great Work

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
CaptainM
captain of 100

The 2nd Civil War & Great Work

Post by CaptainM »

David Whitmer was interviewed in 1878, and among other things said ... that there would need to be a future restoration that he referred to as the "second great work”, he simply did not understand that Joseph Smith would be returning to do it. Here is what Whitmer had to say in an interview:
Q: When will the temple be built? (Referring to Jackson CountyTemple)
A: Right after the great tribulation is over.
Q: What do you mean by that?
A: A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. (First Civil War) It will be a smashing up of this nation, about which time the SECOND GREAT WORK has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates, and peace all over. (Article in the Deseret News in 1878)

By One Who Is Watching: Solving the Prophet Puzzle p.332-3.

In Christ. Best Wishes...

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: The 2nd Civil War & Great Work

Post by Bronco73idi »

CaptainM wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:13 pm David Whitmer was interviewed in 1878, and among other things said ... that there would need to be a future restoration that he referred to as the "second great work”, he simply did not understand that Joseph Smith would be returning to do it. Here is what Whitmer had to say in an interview:
A: A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. (First Civil War) It will be a smashing up of this nation, about which time the SECOND GREAT WORK has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates, and peace all over. (Article in the Deseret News in 1878)

I see you are newer to the forum. Here is a thread that goes hand and hand with your post.

viewtopic.php?t=40729

CaptainM
captain of 100

Re: The 2nd Civil War & Great Work

Post by CaptainM »

Bronco73idi wrote: October 17th, 2022, 2:12 pm
CaptainM wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:13 pm David Whitmer was interviewed in 1878, and among other things said ... that there would need to be a future restoration that he referred to as the "second great work”, he simply did not understand that Joseph Smith would be returning to do it. Here is what Whitmer had to say in an interview:

I see you are newer to the forum. Here is a thread that goes hand and hand with your post.

viewtopic.php?t=40729
You are right. I don't understand the ins-and-outs of the forum. Thank you for sharing the thread. Any insights that you recommend for me in a constructive manner (as you did here) I greatly appreciate.