As much as we often disagree, I think we’ll all get there some day.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

As much as we often disagree, I think we’ll all get there some day.

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I thought about this for a bit today. There are great differing opinions on nearly every subject relating to religion here on the forum, and in society as a whole. We discuss endlessly the nuances of truth as we see it. But I have hope that some day in the future all things will be shown to us in great clarity. We will know wether Jospeh did or didn’t teach polygamy. We will know wether we have a Mother in Heaven. We will know how the Lord chooses to or not to support the LDS church or any other religion for that matter. We will know wether there be one God or many Gods. I have to hold out great hope that if we are truly doing what we feel is right, that all will be reconciled before God, for He is the one perfect judge to know the thoughts and intent of our heart.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: As much as we often disagree, I think we’ll all get there some day.

Post by blitzinstripes »

Another common thread that brings all of us here together, is that we are all genuinely seeking the truth. Quite earnestly, I might add. At this point in our limited understanding, we have arrived at a diversity of conclusions, but as along as our hearts are devoted to seeking truth, we will all be blessed together.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Re: As much as we often disagree, I think we’ll all get there some day.

Post by Jonesy »

Definitely. We will know of the truth, as Christ is our anchor.
24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
Then we can become of one heart and one mind.

Now put on your headphones and crank up the bass.