“During dedication services in Salt Lake City, Woodruff "related his vision he had in Boston some 50 years ago.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

“During dedication services in Salt Lake City, Woodruff "related his vision he had in Boston some 50 years ago.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Interesting events surrounding the Salt Lake Temple. I have put up a number of posts on this subject with original sources, here are a few experiences.

“During dedication services in Salt Lake City, Woodruff "related his vision he had in Boston some 50 years ago. How the Lord showed him the Saints would move to the Rocky Mountains and build this Temple, and [that] he would be called upon to open it to the people and dedicate it to the Lord."…
“"The prayer was simply grand," wrote one witness, "and caused all hearts to overflow with praise and thanksgiving to our heavenly Father, and so manifest was the Spirit of God that the vail [sic] was almost rent and we indeed felt we were in the presence of our God and Jesus Christ our Redeemer and hosts of heavenly beings..."
“There were other manifestations, of a personal character, that accompanied the dedicatory services. Elder Rudger Clawson recorded in his journal that his wife, Lydia, "heard some beautiful singing that seemed to come from the North East corner of the room even though there was no choir in the area.
and declared that he saw "a beautiful light cross the building above the chandeliers." Some witnessed the apparent transfiguration of Wilford Woodruff into the likeness of Brigham Young, while others observed a halo of glory surrounding Woodruff. One individual reported seeing on the stand Brigham Young and several members of the Quorum of the Twelve who had passed away, as well as other spirit beings…
“Another witness recorded that Woodruff stated that "Our Saviour had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Holies, & told [me] that He had accepted of the Temple & of the dedication services, & that the Lord forgave us His Saints who had assisted in any manner towards the erection and completion of the Temple.”” http://thiscountsashometeaching.blogspo ... emple.html