LDS use of pronouns (very slippery slope)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

LDS use of pronouns (very slippery slope)

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

From the church manual:

“If a member decides to change his or her preferred name or pronouns of address, the name preference may be noted in the preferred name field on the membership record. The person may be addressed by the preferred name in the ward” (“Transgender Individuals,” General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 38.6.21).

“The Church does not take a position on the causes of people identifying themselves as transgender” (General Handbook, 38.6.21).

So how long until a progressive bishop goes by She/Her and wants to be called Bishop Sally? It also leaves so much out. What if a child tells a "sympathetic" YM/YW teacher/Leader their pronouns, but wants it kept secret from their parents? 😳 They also lump it in with a name change. No deliniation. Very vague language.

Anybody see any problems with this? Has this already happened? Seems like a big foot in the door.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: LDS use of pronouns (very slippery slope)

Post by 4Joshua8 »

To knowingly use a person's preferred pronouns when the pronouns run contrary to their biological sex is to speak a lie, rejects true doctrine, and is to participate with them in their delusion.
Last edited by 4Joshua8 on October 4th, 2022, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm Anybody see any problems with this? Has this already happened? Seems like a big foot in the door.
Will xe real Slim Pronoun please stand up?
Attachments
6vrepi.jpg
6vrepi.jpg (65.24 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
6vreba.jpg
6vreba.jpg (40.62 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Last edited by Niemand on October 4th, 2022, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

What if my pronouns are F*ck/You?

It's there a pre approved list I have to choose from?

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I seem to remember that at one time transgenderism warranted excommunication.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Guys... We are witnessing the church implementing one of the major pillars of Agenda 2030. I tried to warn you. This is only the beginning.
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on October 4th, 2022, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm From the church manual:

“If a member decides to change his or her preferred name or pronouns of address, the name preference may be noted in the preferred name field on the membership record. The person may be addressed by the preferred name in the ward” (“Transgender Individuals,” General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 38.6.21).

“The Church does not take a position on the causes of people identifying themselves as transgender” (General Handbook, 38.6.21).

So how long until a progressive bishop goes by She/Her and wants to be called Bishop Sally? It also leaves so much out. What if a child tells a "sympathetic" YM/YW teacher/Leader their pronouns, but wants it kept secret from their parents? 😳 They also lump it in with a name change. No deliniation. Very vague language.

Anybody see any problems with this? Has this already happened? Seems like a big foot in the door.
The fruit of elevating "Love they Neighbor" above "Love God".

We are seeing this everywhere in our church. Faith is diminishing. Self-indulgence running amok. Removing all standards so they don't make the anyone feel uncomfortable.

Does this tool we call the church actually have the ability to create a Zion people, or has it actually become an impediment to the majority?

I feel that the church and its members used to be a small but solid block where people were engaged, knew the doctrine of Christ, had standards, and generally tried to improve. But I feel now that the church and its members are a large but extremely thin sheet of paper where we are divided, constantly fracturing, and where almost nothing is expected.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm From the church manual:

Even the remotest acknowledgement that a he is a she or vice versa is acceptance of the practice. Aside from the clear fact that surgery is stupid, it is also flipping God the bird. Even if a man was born in a woman's body as some sort of test to see how the person would handle it, the DNA did not change. If such a test were the case, the correct choice would be to live with it and be as Christlike as possible in spite of it.

If a person thinks that God made a mistake, they would be mistaken. Butchering a body to make it appear to be something it is not, is not the right answer. This is clearly acting on an evil urge.

The church should not even tolerate putting a mask on a kid, let alone changing their sex. Doing so , promoting such, or even accepting it as normal is insane.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

This is literally impossible for TBMs to deny. Prepare for the gaslighting in the form of “the Church never taught that using preferred pronouns was wrong”.

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

The church does state in the same section that gender transitioning is not allowed (yet). But accepting/changing language on pronouns seems like a major canary in the coal mine. I'm sure the progressives in the church saw this as a huge win. It's one of the major hollowing out of not just the church, but all institutions (changing the language). Reminds me of the flaxen cord reference given in the BOM.
Last edited by Down_the_rabbithole on October 4th, 2022, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Luke wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:42 pm This is literally impossible for TBMs to deny. Prepare for the gaslighting in the form of “the Church never taught that using preferred pronouns was wrong”.
Also "The Church doesn't teach that using preferred pronouns is necessary."

Once again, both sides can see what they want. Our stance on trans-genderism has not changed, and our stance on trans-genderism has changed. Both point the finger at each other while our leaders smile, choreograph, and assure that all is well and ignore the divisions they are helping to foster.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:32 pm What if my pronouns are F*ck/You?

It's there a pre approved list I have to choose from?
My preferred pronoun is "never heard of him" if a debt collector turns up.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Serragon wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:48 pm
Luke wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:42 pm This is literally impossible for TBMs to deny. Prepare for the gaslighting in the form of “the Church never taught that using preferred pronouns was wrong”.

Once again, both sides can see what they want. Our stance on trans-genderism has not changed, and our stance on trans-genderism has changed. Both point the finger at each other while our leaders smile, choreograph, and assure that all is well and ignore the divisions they are helping to foster.
The church has always declared gender is eternal….Therefore it can’t be changed.
Will there be men in RS and women in priesthood class? Yeah

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:35 pm Guys... We are witnessing the church implementing one of the major pillars of Agenda 2030. I tried to warn you. This is only the beginning.
I've tried to tell people this part of it.. this is a very convoluted LONG CON - they are already WAY ahead of us.
This is probably the last crowd on Earth who is going to investigate #EGI Elite Gender Inversion.
ALLLLLL the elites are in on the "gender neutralizing agenda", and are inverted - NOT the biological genders they pretend to be.
Attachments
RUSTYGIRL.jpg
RUSTYGIRL.jpg (432.34 KiB) Viewed 1475 times

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Jules wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:05 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:35 pm Guys... We are witnessing the church implementing one of the major pillars of Agenda 2030. I tried to warn you. This is only the beginning.
I've tried to tell people this part of it.. this is a very convoluted LONG CON - they are already WAY ahead of us.
This is probably the last crowd on Earth who is going to investigate #EGI Elite Gender Inversion.
ALLLLLL the elites are in on the "gender neutralizing agenda", and are inverted - NOT the biological genders they pretend to be.
So Russell had said sex change like in the 50s?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Mamabear wrote: October 4th, 2022, 5:53 pm

The church has always declared gender is eternal….Therefore it can’t be changed.
Will there be men in RS and women in priesthood class? Yeah
the church has always declared a lot of things. Until they don't.

And the problem with the eternal gender doctrine is that it can't really be supported scripturally. it has a much less firm foundation than many of the other eternal doctrines necessary for exaltation that were suddenly dropped. It isn't much of a stretch at all to begin teaching that gender is eternal and it is also possible for these eternal spirits to be housed in bodies of the opposite gender. Think how valiant the trans-genders will be then!

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

This is simply ridiculous. The body of a 98 year old man is riddled with the infirmities of age. I watched my grandparents and my wife's grandparents deteriorate before my very eyes. Osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other common aging diseases wreak havoc on the muscular and skeletal structure of all of us, and the process increases exponentially as we pass from our 80's into our nineties. The elementary attempts to overlay these photos to appear as something they are not, is obvious. The presentation is awful. I'll buy into quite a few conspiracy theories. This is so ridiculous, that you should literally be ashamed of yourself for reposting it. And I'm no fan of Nelson. Toss this nonsense into the same bin as #birdsarentreal.

Utterly ridiculous claims like this hurt the credibility of legitimate conspiracy theories.

Come on, people. You are better than that.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

blitzinstripes wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:22 pm
This is simply ridiculous. The body of a 98 year old man is riddled with the infirmities of age. I watched my grandparents and my wife's grandparents deteriorate before my very eyes. Osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other common aging diseases wreak havoc on the muscular and skeletal structure of all of us, and the process increases exponentially as we pass from our 80's into our nineties. The elementary attempts to overlay these photos to appear as something they are not, is obvious. The presentation is awful. I'll buy into quite a few conspiracy theories. This is so ridiculous, that you should literally be ashamed of yourself for reposting it. And I'm no fan of Nelson. Toss this nonsense into the same bin as #birdsarentreal.

Utterly ridiculous claims like this hurt the credibility of legitimate conspiracy theories.

True.

But don't take it seriously.

I find it very entertaining!

Like the National Enquirer.

It could be true too.

LOL.

Sir H

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

[sarcasm]Transgenderism is probably a result of the world rejecting polygamy.

Everyone knows women are better followers of Christ, it must have been the same in the preexistince. Far more women spirits followed the Savior, more men spirits followed Satan. That's why they are 'sons' of perdition.

Now we are in the last days, so many worthy female spirits are waiting to be sent to earth to get a body. The noblest, most spiritual women volunteer to be housed in bodies of men so they can help other women become mothers. It is truly the biggest act of Charity ever.

Sadly, a few of those noble women didn't know just how hard it would be, and their true nature shines through the ugly man skin they agreed to take on.
[/Sarcasm]
Last edited by tribrac on October 5th, 2022, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Agree...on the path they are on, it's only a matter of time before an "appropriate" carbon footprint will be necessary to get a recommend.

The drunkards of Ephraim are seriously binge drinking lately.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Mamabear wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:08 pm
So Russell had said sex change like in the 50s?
Not necessarily - they do it all kinds of ways; pre-conception, in-utero (they deliberately create hermaphroditism), pre-puberty, trans surgery, and he could just be an old lady in king-drag.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

It's over. We've been saying hints and slowly being led a certain direction have been subtly happening for years. Once the revelation has happened, the True Blues who denied the revelation would ever happen, they'll gladly accept it because of the direction they were subtly being prepped for.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

It’s as if lawyers write the church’s policy.

Speaking of lawyers…
viewtopic.php?p=1111545&hilit=Lawyers#p1111545
Last edited by 4Joshua8 on October 4th, 2022, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

"Pronouns of address?" Who addresses people with a pronoun?? Pronouns are 3rd person, so you use them when talking *about* someone, not *to* them.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

blitzinstripes wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:22 pm

No I'm showing you forensic science admissible in court - this is how they identify skeletal remains for example, or how they might narrow down a suspect covered head to toe on security cameras - and need to know the gender (and all kinds of other things you can determine this way, like injuries, age, height, weight, etc.).

Your chiropractor will know the difference between M/F bone markers, talk to a human figure artist, or a cosmetic surgeon, or a coroner or forensic autopsy technician, or a forensic anthropologist, or a fashion designer... male and female bodies have specific different biological markers - NONE OF WHICH are the ones your mind automatically moves to. Those are the ones we have been PROGRAMMED to look at - while we have been taught to IGNORE the rest.

But then you have to learn about the various transformation processes too - so you can see thru those when they actually do things like shave down their jaw bones, or add a fake adam's apple. You can SEEE that "work has been done" and what it "should" look like.

They have hypnotized us ALLLLL not to see forensic evidence of gender right in front of us. It's right there... 99.99999% of people don't know how to see the difference between males and females, and rely on looking in someone's pants - which I DO NOT recommend as a "reliable method" of determining gender today. (I have found at least 3 people I know IRL, who did not know they were with someone that is not the gender they pretended.)

Check the transgender cosmetic surgery websites yourself (bring your spouse and some eye-bleach). You WILL NOT be able to tell the difference before and after, once they have gone through the entire transformation process, UNLESS you understand how to identify gender forensically.

This will help with your next argument - it's in there:

https://notesmed.com/wp-content/uploads ... ess-2e.pdf