Master's thesis researcher - Hello!

Tell us about yourself...
universalstudent
Hi, I'm new.

Master's thesis researcher - Hello!

Post by universalstudent »

Hey all! I'm Lewis, and I'm a student in the Master's program in Religion at a small school in Southern California, where I'm heavily involved in the growing field of Mormon studies. I'm joining this forum to see what's going on the LDSFF world, and I'm really impressed by the caliber of the discussions I see here. I'm looking to chat with people who might be interested in sharing their perspectives for a Master's thesis I'm working on. Put simply, I'm hoping to conduct some interviews with folks who are or were connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and are or were connected with Qanon or a related movement. I think that these perspectives are unique and important, and I want to make sure we get a chance to hear from people like you about what really matters.

These interviews are structured to allow you to share what's important to you in an environment where you don't have to feel defensive; that way, I can be sure that the people who read your words and my analysis will really understand what's up. I've already conducted one of these interviews with a gentleman from Washington, and it went incredibly well. I'm looking forward to reaching out here to find believers and patriots who might want to step up and share their views.

If you're involved with the Church and Qanon, or if you know someone who might be interested in sharing their stories, please message me here or send an email to lewispatriotproject@gmail.com. I'll provide information about the format of the interviews, your rights as an interviewee, options to preserve confidentiality, and the timeline of the project. Hopefully we can set something up!

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Master's thesis researcher - Hello!

Post by creator »

universalstudent wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:47 pm..I'm hoping to conduct some interviews with folks who are or were connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and are or were connected with Qanon or a related movement.
You've come to the right place, LOL. Although I've always been a Qanon skeptic, never trusted Q, but I suppose you could say I'm connected to a "related movement". There are some Qanon'ers here also.

Please share your results with us.

universalstudent
Hi, I'm new.

Post by universalstudent »

creator wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:51 pm
universalstudent wrote: October 4th, 2022, 3:47 pm..I'm hoping to conduct some interviews with folks who are or were connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and are or were connected with Qanon or a related movement.
You've come to the right place, LOL. Although I've always been a Qanon skeptic, never trusted Q, but I suppose you could say I'm connected to a "related movement". There are some Qanon'ers here also.

Please share your results with us.
Happily! Hopefully some version of the thesis will eventually wind up published in the next couple of years, and I'll be able to share it with anyone who's interested.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Almost no one is involved with "Qanon". Qanon is nothing more than a case of "set 'em up and knock 'em down" to discredit those on the American right. The mainstream media has promoted the idea, allowed some to fall for it, and falsely accused others of being involved in it to undermine political opposition.

It seems to be a common tactic. The Flat Earth movement is in the same camp and seems to be heavily promoted by the establishment to discredit any dissident viewpoints by association.

It is not healthy, let alone liberal and democratic, to have a system where anyone who disagrees with the official line is labelled a "conspiracy theorist" or "misinformation". Even when it is properly backed up. It's all fine and well when your opponents are being ridiculed, but you'll rapidly find out that you yourself have ended up being unable to say anything.