Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7849
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

"Give Heed to the Words of the Prophets, Elder Cook Says at BYU Education Week"
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... ation-week

This man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?

————
From the article:

“The doctrine I have chosen is significant in that it provides an immunity to protect against specific challenges and evils not only for the times the revelations were received, but also to protect future generations,” Elder Cook said, adding that the teachings also provide an immunity for future events that could seriously impact Church members.

He chose one doctrine characteristic, or teaching, for five Prophets who had served 10 years or more, plus President Russell M. Nelson. He included doctrines that emphasize following the Word of Wisdom, strengthening the family, the revelation on the priesthood, the family proclamation, ministering and making homes sanctuaries of faith.

The teachings were relevant and important when they were taught, but also provide protection and immunity for people today.

Power in Following the Prophets

Gilbert and Deanna Pond, from Meridian, Idaho, attended the devotional and noted the truth of Elder Cook’s words, having lived through many of the prophets he quoted.

“There’s power in following the Prophets,” Gilbert Pond said. “If you can’t understand it, pray about it, and the Lord will witness it to you.”

Their daughter-in-law Jennifer Pond, from Lake Stevens, Washington, said she heard from Elder Cook that making homes a sanctuary of faith will be the most important counsel for the next 100 years.

And Kristy Bockholt, from Eagle Mountain, Utah, said she knows that working on “Come, Follow Me,” will make her home a safe place for her family and her children.

“Looking forward, that’s what we need to be working on,” she said.

User avatar
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9311
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The past couple of years? Whatever do you mean? I can't recall anything of significance happening at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what you call: gaslighting.

User avatar
gruden2.0
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1377

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by gruden2.0 »

Funny thing is, the spirit of prophecy is a gift of the Spirit. Some are entitled to the gift, others can seek and gain it. I have experienced it on a few occasions when giving blessing. I remember well the naming blessing I gave my daughter I have seen some things spoken that have come to pass.

What's scary about prophecy is that it requires some diligence and effort on the listener's side. Is it a true prophecy or not? The Mormon leaders take advantage of most people's unwillingness to test what they are hearing. We tend to give a blanket acceptance or rejection based on who is offering. Groupthink often comes into play as well.

Years ago I would've thought nothing of the member quotes in the post, now they sound a bit cultlike. 'Whatever the prophet says must be true.' Moroni's test is always applicable, and if something came from the Lord, He will back it up.

silverado
captain of 100
Posts: 252

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by silverado »

gruden2.0 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:58 am Funny thing is, the spirit of prophecy is a gift of the Spirit. Some are entitled to the gift, others can seek and gain it. I have experienced it on a few occasions when giving blessing. I remember well the naming blessing I gave my daughter I have seen some things spoken that have come to pass.

What's scary about prophecy is that it requires some diligence and effort on the listener's side. Is it a true prophecy or not? The Mormon leaders take advantage of most people's unwillingness to test what they are hearing. We tend to give a blanket acceptance or rejection based on who is offering. Groupthink often comes into play as well.

Years ago I would've thought nothing of the member quotes in the post, now they sound a bit cultlike. 'Whatever the prophet says must be true.' Moroni's test is always applicable, and if something came from the Lord, He will back it up.
Why bother to pray about it? They cant lead us astray. We can 'trust them completely'. If we do pray about whether they are saying true prophecy or not, and are inspired differently, then we are listening to the wrong spirit. 'Follow the prophet, he knows the way'.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1788

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by 4Joshua8 »

silverado wrote: October 4th, 2022, 11:58 am
gruden2.0 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:58 am Funny thing is, the spirit of prophecy is a gift of the Spirit. Some are entitled to the gift, others can seek and gain it. I have experienced it on a few occasions when giving blessing. I remember well the naming blessing I gave my daughter I have seen some things spoken that have come to pass.

What's scary about prophecy is that it requires some diligence and effort on the listener's side. Is it a true prophecy or not? The Mormon leaders take advantage of most people's unwillingness to test what they are hearing. We tend to give a blanket acceptance or rejection based on who is offering. Groupthink often comes into play as well.

Years ago I would've thought nothing of the member quotes in the post, now they sound a bit cultlike. 'Whatever the prophet says must be true.' Moroni's test is always applicable, and if something came from the Lord, He will back it up.
Why bother to pray about it? They cant lead us astray. We can 'trust them completely'. If we do pray about whether they are saying true prophecy or not, and are inspired differently, then we are listening to the wrong spirit. 'Follow the prophet, he knows the way'.
Follow the prophet when he is speaking in the spirit of prophecy, true, but one only has to look at past errors by dead LDS prophets to know for certain that they can lead us astray in the present and the future.

The church was certainly led astray on the deadly and injurious mRNA vaccine.

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7225
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by creator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:10 amThis man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?
Is he evil though? Do we know that? or is he just ignorant or deceived? or? I try to refrain from calling someone evil when they might very well be doing what they thought was right but are deceived or ignorant. Certainly none of those scenarios are good but I would hesitate to mislabel someone.

The fake pandemic was brought about by evil, but it was enabled by a mixture of evil and ignorance. Some wolves and some blind sheep; some deceivers and some deceived.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7849
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

creator wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:37 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:10 amThis man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?
Is he evil though? Do we know that? or is he just ignorant or deceived? or? I try to refrain from calling someone evil when they might very well be doing what they thought was right but are deceived or ignorant. Certainly none of those scenarios are good but I would hesitate to mislabel someone.

The fake pandemic was brought about by evil, but it was enabled by a mixture of evil and ignorance. Some wolves and some blind sheep; some deceivers and some deceived.
Anyone is free to believe they are blind and ignorant, void of any and all revelation from God. What he taught is evil. His precepts are evil. His fruits are evil. But who knows, maybe he's just a softy deep down inside with a gushy center.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2527

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Mamabear »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:53 pm
creator wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:37 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:10 amThis man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?
Is he evil though? Do we know that? or is he just ignorant or deceived? or? I try to refrain from calling someone evil when they might very well be doing what they thought was right but are deceived or ignorant. Certainly none of those scenarios are good but I would hesitate to mislabel someone.

The fake pandemic was brought about by evil, but it was enabled by a mixture of evil and ignorance. Some wolves and some blind sheep; some deceivers and some deceived.
Anyone is free to believe they are blind and ignorant, void of any and all revelation from God. What he taught is evil. His precepts are evil. His fruits are evil. But who knows, maybe he's just a softy deep down inside with a gushy center.
“Behold, a whirlwind of the Lord is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.
I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.
But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.“
Jeremiah 23:19-22

Their ways are evil.

User avatar
gruden2.0
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1377

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by gruden2.0 »

silverado wrote: October 4th, 2022, 11:58 am
gruden2.0 wrote: October 4th, 2022, 9:58 am Funny thing is, the spirit of prophecy is a gift of the Spirit. Some are entitled to the gift, others can seek and gain it. I have experienced it on a few occasions when giving blessing. I remember well the naming blessing I gave my daughter I have seen some things spoken that have come to pass.

What's scary about prophecy is that it requires some diligence and effort on the listener's side. Is it a true prophecy or not? The Mormon leaders take advantage of most people's unwillingness to test what they are hearing. We tend to give a blanket acceptance or rejection based on who is offering. Groupthink often comes into play as well.

Years ago I would've thought nothing of the member quotes in the post, now they sound a bit cultlike. 'Whatever the prophet says must be true.' Moroni's test is always applicable, and if something came from the Lord, He will back it up.
Why bother to pray about it? They cant lead us astray. We can 'trust them completely'. If we do pray about whether they are saying true prophecy or not, and are inspired differently, then we are listening to the wrong spirit. 'Follow the prophet, he knows the way'.
Follow the prophet... fall in with the cult.

User avatar
HVDC
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1745
Location: Far and Away

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by HVDC »

My conference talk.

Lead.

Follow.

Or get out of the Way.

Talk over.

Sir H.

CMajor
captain of 50
Posts: 74
Location: North of Cedar City

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by CMajor »

How hard would it have been for the Prophet to command in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ that the Covid19 virus will have NO POWER inside our temples or meetinghouses?

Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Joseph Smith, any Temple President or Stake President, or Bishop with FAITH would have done it.

CMajor
captain of 50
Posts: 74
Location: North of Cedar City

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by CMajor »

Follow the Savior, he knows the way.

User avatar
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Posts: 9455
Contact:

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by marc »

"Immunity to protect..."

I find it interesting that our leaders are leaving more "apostolic blessings" upon the membership lately. It would have been nice to receive an apostolic blessing to immunize and protect everyone from the effects and ravages of Covid-19 without the so-called vaccines, boosters, and masks so that we could continue to fellowship in our places of worship freely. How peculiar would that have been if such a blessing were truly inspired and efficacious?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7611

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Lizzy60 »

marc wrote: October 11th, 2022, 4:48 am "Immunity to protect..."

I find it interesting that our leaders are leaving more "apostolic blessings" upon the membership lately. It would have been nice to receive an apostolic blessing to immunize and protect everyone from the effects and ravages of Covid-19 without the so-called vaccines, boosters, and masks so that we could continue to fellowship in our places of worship freely. How peculiar would that have been if such a blessing were truly inspired and efficacious?
They didn’t attempt to do this, because they know they don’t have the power to do so.

User avatar
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ
Posts: 9455
Contact:

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by marc »

Yes, I know. I wrote that with tongue in cheek.

User avatar
TheDuke
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2810
Location: Eastern Sodom Suburbs

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by TheDuke »

CMajor wrote: October 11th, 2022, 1:39 am How hard would it have been for the Prophet to command in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ that the Covid19 virus will have NO POWER inside our temples or meetinghouses?

Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Joseph Smith, any Temple President or Stake President, or Bishop with FAITH would have done it.
What utter BS (capital B and capital S). How many died on Zion's march, how many later in Nauvoo? Adam's children but a few followed Satan (waited till Seth after Abel to find a righteous one). We have no indications of Noah with miracles, nor Abraham. Why would you make such a claim?

Ado
captain of 50
Posts: 93

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Ado »

This is one thing that really bothers and confuses me, because there are very major doctrines that were taught by early prophets of the restoration that are not taught today. Example, the Adam God doctrine. It was taught in general conference, Brigham Young said our salvation depended on knowing it, and it was incorporated into the temple endowment. Brigham Young claimed Joseph Smith taught it to him. It was discredited by prophets after them. Bruce R McConkie called the teaching heretical. But we are told not to worry that a prophet taught a heresy because it was never canonized or voted on. So I guess I’m confused. Do we follow the prophet until the next prophet tells us that the prophet before him was teaching heresy? Or do we pick and choose when to follow the prophet based on when a sustaining vote is given after each teaching? Who actually knows the way? Hmm.

“Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken – He is our FATHER and our GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do. Every man upon the earth, professing Christians or non-professing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later!"-- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, p. 51

“At this late date, no one need be troubled by this old Adam-God heresy. It has been so wholly and completely discredited and disproved by abundant scriptural and other evidence that no one with good sense gives it a second serious thought.“ - Bruce R. McConkie, Pamphlet, Cultism as Practiced by the So-Called Church of the Firstborn of the Fullness of Times, Salt Lake City, 1961, 33-34.)

We warn you against the dissemination of doctrines which are not according to the Scriptures and which are alleged to have been taught by some of the General Authorities of past generations. Such, for instance, is the Adam-God theory. We denounce that theory and hope that everyone will be cautioned against this and other kinds of false doctrine. —Spencer W. Kimball, "Our Own Liahona," Ensign (November 1976), 77

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10625

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by EmmaLee »

Ado wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:40 pm So I guess I’m confused. Do we follow the prophet until the next prophet tells us that the prophet before him was teaching heresy?

That is correct. A more recent example - RMNelson informing us all that Monson and Hinkley were giving "victories to Satan" every time they, or any of us, used the word "Mormon". So according to Nelson, the previous two presidents (and any others who used the dreaded "M" word) were indeed heretics and teaching heresy by their 'I Am a Mormon' campaign, and referring to us as 'Mormons', allowing the choir to be called the 'Mormon Tabernacle Choir', (didn't Benson love to sing, "I Am a Mormon boy"?), etc. etc. etc.

Of course, once Nelson is dead, and Oaks takes over, the same can and will be done to him/his teachings (and on and on and on).

Or we can just follow Jesus Christ, like he commanded us to in the scriptures.

Serragon
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3044

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Serragon »

Ado wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:40 pm This is one thing that really bothers and confuses me, because there are very major doctrines that were taught by early prophets of the restoration that are not taught today. Example, the Adam God doctrine. It was taught in general conference, Brigham Young said our salvation depended on knowing it, and it was incorporated into the temple endowment. Brigham Young claimed Joseph Smith taught it to him. It was discredited by prophets after them. Bruce R McConkie called the teaching heretical. But we are told not to worry that a prophet taught a heresy because it was never canonized or voted on. So I guess I’m confused. Do we follow the prophet until the next prophet tells us that the prophet before him was teaching heresy? Or do we pick and choose when to follow the prophet based on when a sustaining vote is given after each teaching? Who actually knows the way? Hmm.

“Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken – He is our FATHER and our GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do. Every man upon the earth, professing Christians or non-professing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later!"-- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, p. 51

“At this late date, no one need be troubled by this old Adam-God heresy. It has been so wholly and completely discredited and disproved by abundant scriptural and other evidence that no one with good sense gives it a second serious thought.“ - Bruce R. McConkie, Pamphlet, Cultism as Practiced by the So-Called Church of the Firstborn of the Fullness of Times, Salt Lake City, 1961, 33-34.)

We warn you against the dissemination of doctrines which are not according to the Scriptures and which are alleged to have been taught by some of the General Authorities of past generations. Such, for instance, is the Adam-God theory. We denounce that theory and hope that everyone will be cautioned against this and other kinds of false doctrine. —Spencer W. Kimball, "Our Own Liahona," Ensign (November 1976), 77
As I have said previously, this is the big problem the church has and ignores. On the one hand they teach prophets lead by God who will not be allowed to lead you astray. On the other hand we see past prophets constantly contradicted without any explanation or revelation.

To those whose faith is in the institution, this contradiction can be safely ignored. But to those who are really trying to find truth, it is ever present. And because there is no explanation, everyone must try and reconcile this contradiction on their own, leading to many different theories, conclusions, and much confusion in the church. And since any mention of these contradictions in church are met with immediate hostility, these members find themselves isolated and even more confused.

I feel that ultimately this is the main cause of the growing rift in our church. Combined with the modern practice of speaking in abstracts and generalities, for many people the church simply doesn't provide a community with clear standards and values that teaches clear and actionable truth in an increasingly wicked world, and it provide no reason to conclude that what is currently being taught won't be thrown under the bus in the future.

User avatar
h_p
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2591

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by h_p »

EmmaLee wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:52 pm
Ado wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:40 pm So I guess I’m confused. Do we follow the prophet until the next prophet tells us that the prophet before him was teaching heresy?
That is correct. A more recent example - RMNelson informing us all that Monson and Hinkley were giving "victories to Satan" every time they, or any of us, used the word "Mormon". So according to Nelson, the previous two presidents (and any others who used the dreaded "M" word) were indeed heretics and teaching heresy by their 'I Am a Mormon' campaign, and referring to us as 'Mormons', allowing the choir to be called the 'Mormon Tabernacle Choir', (didn't Benson love to sing, "I Am a Mormon boy"?), etc. etc. etc.

Of course, once Nelson is dead, and Oaks takes over, the same can and will be done to him/his teachings (and on and on and on).
The members will just say "line-upon-line" and happily cheer the 180-degree pivot. We just weren't ready for the *real* doctrine until now, of course.

Ado
captain of 50
Posts: 93

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Ado »

h_p wrote: October 11th, 2022, 5:24 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:52 pm
Ado wrote: October 11th, 2022, 2:40 pm So I guess I’m confused. Do we follow the prophet until the next prophet tells us that the prophet before him was teaching heresy?
That is correct. A more recent example - RMNelson informing us all that Monson and Hinkley were giving "victories to Satan" every time they, or any of us, used the word "Mormon". So according to Nelson, the previous two presidents (and any others who used the dreaded "M" word) were indeed heretics and teaching heresy by their 'I Am a Mormon' campaign, and referring to us as 'Mormons', allowing the choir to be called the 'Mormon Tabernacle Choir', (didn't Benson love to sing, "I Am a Mormon boy"?), etc. etc. etc.

Of course, once Nelson is dead, and Oaks takes over, the same can and will be done to him/his teachings (and on and on and on).
The members will just say "line-upon-line" and happily cheer the 180-degree pivot. We just weren't ready for the *real* doctrine until now, of course.
Exactly, and (just to add to my venting) the problem I have with that is that “line upon line” is not the same as a 180 degree pivot. Jesus coming to fulfill the Law of Moses was “line upon line.” Paul didn’t call the Law of Moses heretical after Jesus was resurrected, as far as I’m aware. He said that through it, they became conscious of their sins. (Romans 3:20) Total pivots away from bold doctrines that were once called saving-truth and now called heresy and inequality isn’t the same thing, and I’m tired of being gaslit to believe otherwise. Line upon line should always point to Jesus Christ, even when we are being given milk before meat.

Chris
captain of 100
Posts: 319

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Chris »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:10 am "Give Heed to the Words of the Prophets, Elder Cook Says at BYU Education Week"
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... ation-week

This man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?

————
From the article:

“The doctrine I have chosen is significant in that it provides an immunity to protect against specific challenges and evils not only for the times the revelations were received, but also to protect future generations,” Elder Cook said, adding that the teachings also provide an immunity for future events that could seriously impact Church members.

He chose one doctrine characteristic, or teaching, for five Prophets who had served 10 years or more, plus President Russell M. Nelson. He included doctrines that emphasize following the Word of Wisdom, strengthening the family, the revelation on the priesthood, the family proclamation, ministering and making homes sanctuaries of faith.

The teachings were relevant and important when they were taught, but also provide protection and immunity for people today.

Power in Following the Prophets

Gilbert and Deanna Pond, from Meridian, Idaho, attended the devotional and noted the truth of Elder Cook’s words, having lived through many of the prophets he quoted.

“There’s power in following the Prophets,” Gilbert Pond said. “If you can’t understand it, pray about it, and the Lord will witness it to you.”

Their daughter-in-law Jennifer Pond, from Lake Stevens, Washington, said she heard from Elder Cook that making homes a sanctuary of faith will be the most important counsel for the next 100 years.

And Kristy Bockholt, from Eagle Mountain, Utah, said she knows that working on “Come, Follow Me,” will make her home a safe place for her family and her children.

“Looking forward, that’s what we need to be working on,” she said.
I dont see why this is considered bad advice. There is safety in making homes places of refuge and peace and filled with faith. There is safety in following council of the prophet. Yes, covid is still a question mark for many. whether a mistake or not, it was not a declared revelation.....

Ephraim Hanks a wonderful man who i love from back in the early days always did exactly as the prophet asked. One day Brigham asked him to go home and shave, he didnt want to but followed the prophets council. The next day while riding down the street on his horse he met his wife who only liked clean shaven men...... Many years after that. Brigham was going by his house and eph was building a rock wall in front of his house that was 10 inches thick. Brigham asked him to tear it down and make it 18 inches thick. Eph did as asked. Not long after that a flash flood happened and destroyed his neighbors house because he only had a 10 inch thick wall, But eph's home was protected because the 18 inch walls were strong enough against the water.....

Their is safety in keeping the commandments and doing as the spirit says as well as the prophet says. The brethren do ask us to pray about following their council if they feel they need too.

Eph was a stud in everyway. He had the gift of healing and prophecy. He raised multiple people from the dead and saved the saints dozens of times from the indians by performing miracles... this movie is such a short very short glimpse of the things he did, but in reality there are so many expereinces it is nearly impossible to express. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4lHeXptxHM

President Nelson Home based and church supported council has proven to be very prohetic with what happened right after... this life is a test and the lord sure has chosen a sensitive test for many with covid and the vaccine. We are watching the heber c kimball TEST prophecy play out on this website and the church today.

User avatar
TheDuke
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2810
Location: Eastern Sodom Suburbs

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by TheDuke »

so lets follow that example, that of home based teachings. A very good idea, perhaps even received by inspiration or revelation. I'm good with it. What I don't like is the actual teachings. My wife tries to teach the primary version of adult lessons because correlation is more important than inspiration. We spent over a month on Psalms (songs), Proverbs (good sayings), Song of Solomon (not even sure what that is). Ok, good sayings but we missed all the doctrinal and deep discussions or put them to a day. Then don't get me started on the reading EVERY talk from previous GC in EQ instead of scriptures or even teachings of prophets. There are some good talks at GC, but traditionally, I'd say those that need to be reread are maybe 1-10 or greater. Then we do 2 at a time (to get everyone), and have nothing to prepare for and nothing to learn as we read 40 minutes of talks in 40 minutes of class. So, while the concept may be inspired we let the CES department carry the load, not those with the mantle. So, question is why? can they not do it or do they not wish to be bothered? My company was like this and after 20 years, the exec's lost the ability and had to rely on hired help and now they are bordering on failure. Those that can .... do, those that can't .... delegate .... then they forget and must accept the hirelings as the experts. IMO.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 7849
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contact:

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chris wrote: October 11th, 2022, 7:00 pm
There is safety in keeping the commandments and doing as the spirit says.
You just need to end that sentence right there. Just quote Christ in 2 Nephi 28:31 and end with a period.

Then it is incumbent upon each of us to understand what defines "the commandments" and how they pertain to our individual circumstances.

User avatar
FrankOne
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1037

Re: Quentin L. Cook explains how prophetic direction provides immunity and protection

Post by FrankOne »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:53 pm
creator wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:37 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:10 amThis man is evil. How in the hell can he say these things with a straight face in the wake of the past two years?
Is he evil though? Do we know that? or is he just ignorant or deceived? or? I try to refrain from calling someone evil when they might very well be doing what they thought was right but are deceived or ignorant. Certainly none of those scenarios are good but I would hesitate to mislabel someone.

The fake pandemic was brought about by evil, but it was enabled by a mixture of evil and ignorance. Some wolves and some blind sheep; some deceivers and some deceived.
What he taught is evil. His precepts are evil. His fruits are evil.
this^. And this evil is perpetuated in a sort of propaganda in much of what is now spoken from the pulpit such as found in the OP .

I personally think he has lost touch with reality and operates in a fake persona of sorts.

Post Reply