What do we think about Avraham Gileadi?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Generic
captain of 50

What do we think about Avraham Gileadi?

Post by Generic »

I decided to finally try to understand Isaiah, and want to know how members of the Church feel about Avraham Gileadi's interpretations?
Last edited by Generic on October 3rd, 2022, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: What do we think about Avraham Gileadi?

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I like his translation of Isaiah and have read it several times.
His commentary is also valuable.

Outcast
captain of 10

Post by Outcast »

He seems to be one of the best equipped to deal with Isaiah and I find his commentary very helpful in understanding Isaiah.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

He proved to be more knowledgeable than the Brethren about Isaiah. He was excommunicated for teaching the truth. Then the bums realized their mistake and reinstated him. So then they all bought his books so they could know as much as him. But they still do not know as much as him because he did a lot of praying and research to discover the truth. All they did was read a book. He is likely the most knowledgeable living person on the earth about Isaiah. People all over the world trust his words.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I agree with Fred. Years ago, before it was available online, I downloaded his verse-by verse commentary onto my iPod and listened to it multiple times. I grew to love the words of Isaiah. For me, the audio was better than reading his books, and the audio while making notes in my large print Bible was the best.

100% recommended.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Over the years his interpretive tools had been recommended to me in an academic context but when my home teacher testified of the validity of Gilead's forty plus years work, I took him seriously. He said it took about two years to really understand the vision of Isaiah and explained some of the prophecy in the latter-day context.

I listed to both the Isaiah institute sixty-five part audio analysis on the Book of Isaiah and the other, shorter Book of Mormon Isaiah presentations and then bought some used copies of Last Days for family.

I really am astounded how much old testament and other book of Mormon scripture snapped into focus after comprehending what the book is about.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I like Gileadi and think his interpretations of Isaiah are very helpful. He isn't 100% right about everything of course, nobody is. But he's pretty close.
However, I was disappointed to hear him recently endorse Visions of Glory. I believe this book is highly suspect and have found some inconsistencies in it. In fact I recently downloaded it as an audible and have been going through it again. I don't know how Gileadi could be taken in by it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I've been studying Isaiah ten years now and have bought many book commentaries and expositions including Gileadi's. I've written posts on here about it/him and blogs. I really like what he has to say so far. It's worth your time to study his writings.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Robin Hood wrote: October 4th, 2022, 4:41 am I like Gileadi and think his interpretations of Isaiah are very helpful. He isn't 100% right about everything of course, nobody is. But he's pretty close.
However, I was disappointed to hear him recently endorse Visions of Glory. I believe this book is highly suspect and have found some inconsistencies in it. In fact I recently downloaded it as an audible and have been going through it again. I don't know how Gileadi could be taken in by it.
Yeah that doesn't seem to fit his intellect.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

His tools and books helped me understand Isaiah and what is going on in the church.
I wonder why after discovering such treasures Gileadi wanted to come back into the fold of the drunkards of Ephraim. Lol. His books hint that he’s supportive of the church and that we should stay. I wonder if the leaders ever see him and give him the evil glare….”hey you exposed us! Grrrr!”
maybe they’ll call him into the 15….Just kidding, he knows too much and probably can prophesy!😂

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Mamabear wrote: October 4th, 2022, 12:49 pm His tools and books helped me understand Isaiah and what is going on in the church.
I wonder why after discovering such treasures Gileadi wanted to come back into the fold of the drunkards of Ephraim. Lol. His books hint that he’s supportive of the church and that we should stay. I wonder if the leaders ever see him and give him the evil glare….”hey you exposed us! Grrrr!”
maybe they’ll call him into the 15….Just kidding, he knows too much and probably can prophesy!😂
If the Q15 had an interest in adding a follower of Christ to the group, they could choose Ammon Bundy. But none of them come close to his faith or testimony.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

I have been to Avraham's classes. I feel like a kindergartener trying to take advanced calculus. But the more I study Isaiah, the more I understand it and his classes have been helpful. 👍

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

In the next few days, be sure to check out IsaiahProphecy.com. I've been working with Avraham and his team on this project. It's a new site that is made for a general Judeo-Christian audience of people that are perhaps afraid of Isaiah and focuses on the hopeful message Isaiah has for the world. I think it is a wonderful idea and will bless many lives; I especially like that it is not explicitly "LDS-centric" and can be utilized by many faiths.

I've worked on and off with Avraham for about a decade, and have met with him weekly over Zoom for the past several months on this project so I know a little about him from personal experience. I can't argue with his passion about Isaiah and the many fantastic resources he puts out there free of charge and this new site is another example of that. This is a man that deeply cares about helping people understand Isaiah and drawing closer to God through his message.

Where I think his approach to Isaiah stands out is that he takes a literary approach that, while sometimes can be difficult to wrap your mind around at first, it can be examined objectively and this avoids a lot of personal interpretation creeping in.

Robinhood mentioned Visions of Glory and I read or rather listened to about 3/4 of it when it came out. At the time, I took it as an interesting kind of a religious fan-fiction rather than a serious vision. Maybe it actually does reflect a real vision to some degree, I don't know. Like Robinhood, I was also surprised to see Avraham give attention to it and even attended a lecture that was in my home town where he addressed Visions of Glory but I was mostly there just to say hi and connect.

While his attention to Visions of Glory certainly appears like an endorsement, what I can say is that my impression was that he was more interested in using the vision as an ice-breaker to draw connections to Isaiah's message since it was a popular topic at the time. I'm not sure how truly deeply he personally endorses it or if he still does, you'd have to ask him.

He does sell an audio course titled, "Dreams, Visions and NDEs Compared to the Prophecy of Isaiah" but I don't think it is necessarily an endorsement of the visions or dreams so much as their value in using them to frame potential connections to Isaiah's prophecy. I don't think it is wise to ignore visions and dreams because they can be legit and we'll likely see more of them as the end times roll on, but you have to be really careful with them. I haven't personally listened to any of that content yet though.

I don't know if giving credence to Visions of Glory was wise move or not either, but that's just me. I haven't discussed that with him and it doesn't really matter that much to me anyway. His work on Isaiah speaks for itself and where it is useful use it, and where it isn't useful then just set it aside. That's what I do with pretty much everything no matter the mortal source.

I don't need to agree 100% with anyone to still find value in the good they offer, but like Robinhood, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better scholarly source for understanding Isaiah than Avraham Gileadi imo.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I don't use commentaries for gospel study, just the scriptures and the holy ghost.

However well intentioned, the Lord has always told me to steer clear

Same is true for last day stuff.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

oneClimbs wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:45 pm
I've worked on and off with Avraham for about a decade, and have met with him weekly over Zoom for the past several months on this project so I know a little about him from personal experience.
Thanks for your service to him and us.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I typically don't read commentaries but I have read a few of Gileadi's with great interest. Gileadi shows us the method of prophesying amongst the Jews and how Isaiah and other Hebrew prophets wrote their visions. Once a person begins to understand the method, then the Spirit will help with the interpretations. I do not always agree with Gileadi's interpretations but I believe that Gileadi is one of those intelligent men reserved for the last days who's mission is to turn the membership of the church onto Isaiah and remind us of the commandment in 3 Nephi 23:

1 And now, behold, I say unto you, that ye ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah.

2 For surely he spake as touching all things concerning my people which are of the house of Israel; therefore it must needs be that he must speak also to the Gentiles.

3 And all things that he spake have been and shall be, even according to the words which he spake.

4 Therefore give heed to my words; write the things which I have told you; and according to the time and the will of the Father athey shall go forth unto the Gentiles.

5 And whosoever will hearken unto my words and repenteth and is baptized, the same shall be saved. Search the prophets, for many there be that testify of these things.

I believe Gileadi holds the key to unlocking the true meaning and importance of Isaiah's vision. Follow the method, rely on the Spirit and you will not be disappointed. There is a reason why God commanded us to be diligent in our study of Isaiah.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

pusher of the occult