...from one corner of the room above our heads, a choir of angels singing most beautifully.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

...from one corner of the room above our heads, a choir of angels singing most beautifully.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Some good information and Church History experiences follow. 20 Surprising Things We Know About Angels https://www.ldsliving.com/20-surprising ... ls/s/91777

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ...from one corner of the room above our heads, a choir of angels singing most beautifully.

Post by TheDuke »

I personally think that continually posting links without a summary or a point of discussion or some suggestion is not proper and if done, should be done like others do, in a special thread, one after another an d not single threads like this. IMO of course. I'm not following every thread of every other website or history writeup without a reason, I don't think I'm alone.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: ...from one corner of the room above our heads, a choir of angels singing most beautifully.

Post by Durzan »

I agree.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

kirtland r.m. wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:33 pm Some good information and Church History experiences follow. 20 Surprising Things We Know About Angels https://www.ldsliving.com/20-surprising ... ls/s/91777
I appreciated the reminder that God loves us and sends angels to watch over us. Sometimes all someone might have time for is to share a link, but to me that's all right.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Atrasado wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 11:35 am
kirtland r.m. wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 6:33 pm Some good information and Church History experiences follow. 20 Surprising Things We Know About Angels https://www.ldsliving.com/20-surprising ... ls/s/91777
I appreciated the reminder that God loves us and sends angels to watch over us. Sometimes all someone might have time for is to share a link, but to me that's all right.
Usually I get criticized for the content of my posts, not the lack of content, ha ha! Many times in the past I put a sample or more with the link to sources. This time I was in a hurry. The title of 20 experiences we know about angels as well as a brief quote obviously from a special experience was not evidently not near enough for some. I will whip myself into shape for a better next o.p..;) ;) ;)

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

The Manti Temple
“During the temple dedication services, there were several spectacular spiritual manifestations. Former prophets and apostles who had already passed on were present for that sacred occasion. When Brother John W. Taylor, was speaking, “a bright halo surrounded him, in which the personages of President Brigham Young, John Taylor, and a third personage whom [some] believed to be the Prophet Joseph, were seen.” Brother Jedediah M. Grant was also seen standing next to his son, Heber J. Grant. Brother Smith was playing a selection from Mendelssohn on the organ when “a number of the Saints in the body of the hall and some of the brethren in the west stand heard most heavenly voices singing. It sounded to them as angelic, and appeared to be behind and above them, and many turned their heads in that direction wondering if there were not another choir in some other part of the building. There was no other choir.”” (https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/byu-religi ... nstruction)