Dating at 16 - the new revelation

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Re: Dating at 16 - the new revelation

Post by francisco.colaco »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:13 am Oh, and yes, I am living my life without "the church", but not without Jesus and his teachings and love and mercy.
Then live it the way you want. I hope for your sake you have good running legs.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:13 am
francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:05 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 7:00 am Lower kingdoms require more "commandments" of men. Higher kingdoms require less control by leadership.
Understanding what you say, and agreeing in generics, let me say that leadership does not control. If you think the Church controls you too much, try to live your life without the Church. Then you'll know what real control is!

It is Satan who gives you an illusion of freedom, while he measures the rope that will constrain you.
True leadership does not control, coerce or compel. They teach and invite.

Oh, and yes, I am living my life without "the church", but not without Jesus and his teachings and love and mercy.
I never knew that God I the scriptures says.

" I invite you to not commit adultery".

Cool. God just invites us that's what true leadership does!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

francisco.colaco wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:21 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:13 am Oh, and yes, I am living my life without "the church", but not without Jesus and his teachings and love and mercy.
Then live it the way you want. I hope for your sake you have good running legs.
I hope you are good at swimming.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

I live at about 700 metres high and 500 Km from the sea. Yet, I am good at swimming, yes. But I keep away from rivers of filthy waters without a bar to hold on.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Perhaps the church leaders should keep their opinions to themselves. It's the parents responsibility to raise their children not the church’s.

How can you tell an opinion from a commandment? One of them continually evolves the other one doesn't. One earring or two anyone?

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Mindfields wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:37 am Perhaps the church leaders should keep their opinions to themselves. It's the parents responsibility to raise their children not the church’s.

How can you tell an opinion from a commandment? One of them continually evolves the other one doesn't. One earring or two anyone?
That is really what plagues the Church. Most Church leaders I know tend to think their opinions are commandments; while their purported elucumbrations, for which they are inflated, are no more than feeble attempts of trying to prove the presence of their prejudicious and questionable intelligence. The situation would be comic, were not tragic for the victims of those nimcompoops.

There is a remedy: ignore them. Just let them speak to themselves. You owe no allegiance to no leader [note the double negative, which is intentional]. Only to the Lord and to His Church; His Church taken collectively, not individually [D&C 1:31].

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:32 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:25 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:23 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:13 pm

Really?!
Some of these Churchites are insufferable.

Yes it was group dating until 18.
Heres the old manual. Please cite the part that says what you claim.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/ ... th-eng.pdf
Churchites are insufferable. They burn all bridges in their effort to be right and be the modern-day Danites that destroy people.

I never said the FSY explicitly stated 18. That is ABSOLUTELY what the CULTURE taught, so it does not matter what the book states-it's what the culture teaches.

But of course if the culture teaches something else, it's always the people's fault. No recognition at ALL of any problems from the leaders. They are perfect, never make mistakes and are Gods.
Maybe in some far off land like California where the WOW also says no caffeine, the dating age culturally may have been 18. Growing up in the shadow of headquarters it was always culturally, and printed, age 16.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Mindfields wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:37 am Perhaps the church leaders should keep their opinions to themselves. It's the parents responsibility to raise their children not the church’s.

I read the new pamphlet. I guess it's back to two, three, four, twenty... I had three sets but took two out after Hinkley spoke. I would've made Bednar proud. Now, I can put them back in and just call it good, I guess. Crazy how things change back and forth depending on who's in charge.
I heard something yesterday that made me laugh. Someone was talking about the members and said that we're the only people where it's ok to talk about someone else's underwear. So true, and so sad. I have judged others based on their clothes. We definitely as a people monitor others and judgement is interwoven into our church culture.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I perused the new pamphlet. Kind of liked a few things about it...

It has the 10 commandments printed in it. Nice.

Also liked it said to talk to parents with specific questions.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

tribrac wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 4:13 pm I perused the new pamphlet. Kind of liked a few things about it...

It has the 10 commandments printed in it. Nice.

Also liked it said to talk to parents with specific questions.
That part I do like.