Things Are Getting Spicy

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Re: Things Are Getting Spicy

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Atrasado wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:18 pm
AkalAish wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:29 am
Atrasado wrote: September 30th, 2022, 10:19 pm
AkalAish wrote: September 30th, 2022, 7:29 pm
I really thought this was going to be a thread about Mexican food. Such a letdown.

:cry: :o :roll: :lol:
Now you are making me hungry. Thanks a lot!

Mmmmmm. Tacos....
Off topic, edited, cross post for those who missed the other thread. I may need an warning. :lol:

It is easy to make your own and tastes better. Most ingredients can be found in regular grocery store's Mexican or ethnic section. A couple of our family favorites:(keep in mind I have 8 kids so invite the neighbors or cut down the size of the recipe ;) )

Pozole:
Cook in a very large pot:
1 extra large can of hominey (#10 size)
1 can or 2 chicken breast (shred after cooked)

In small pot:
Some of the chicken broth from the big pot
3-5 dried chili guajillo (take the stems off the dried chilis, but keep as many seeds as possible for flavor)
3-5 dried chili ancho
Chunk of onion
chunk if garlic

Cook the small pot until the chili's are soft. Blend all of the small pots ingredients until smooth. Pour into large pot and simmer.

Allow each person to top their bowl with lettuce, salt, lemon juice, oregano, diced onions, sliced radishes to taste.

Serve with tostadas spread with sour cream as a side.

Tinga:
Slice 1/2 an onion into strips and sauteed in oil in a large pot. Add 8 cans of chicken or cook and shred 8 or more chicken breasts.

In a blender put 1/4 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 3-4 Roma tomatoes, between 3 chilis and the whole can of chili chipotle in adobo sauce (depending on how spicy you want this) some of the chicken broth from the canned or cooked chicken. Blend until smooth. You don't want any visible pieces of the chilis or you will feel the heat.

Pour the sauce from the blender into the onion and chicken pot. Simmer. Serve -on- tostadas spread with sour cream. It is messy, but worth it.

We love to have limeade to drink with both of these meals.

Traditional Mexican food is so easy and generally healthy to make from scratch.

It is an easy to make Pico de Gallo, any internet recipe will do.

A bit if masa (corn flour) and water mixed together, smashed flat and cooked on a dry skillet can be made into sopes when topped with beans, lettuce, crema, hot sauce (and meat if you have it.)

Refried beans are easy, just cooked the pinto beans and then re-fry with onion and lard or leftover bacon grease.

You don't need a restaurant. Too expensive for such easy food.

Enjoy!

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Bronco73idi wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:27 pm
EvanLM wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:05 pm my son is a supervisor for Northrup Gruman. . .2nd largest weapons manufacturer in the world

has never told me why, but claims that all the world is worried about Putin and his weapons

US probably got their security notes on russian weapons delivered them by Xi and we know that Putin and Xi can both be liars

I think that Northrup might be aware since they check out competition on the world market for weapons and competitors and that's all I know
If we are to believe that Jospeh was a prophet we would know that China is the one who tries to invade America, not Russia.

I love that Jospeh wrote China in 1832, what was China in that time period to America? It’s a testament to me of his prophetic power and mission.
I believe they both will. I thinks that's why John wrote about another beast rising with two horns which seems to me will be Russia and China. This new beast will replace the beast with seven heads and ten horns ridden by the whore of Babylon when the whore is burned.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Putin's speech this week after the Nordstream pipeline sabotage: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1575 ... 50272.html
The guy who translated it said he wished every single person in the west would read it, so I did. I don't usually get much insight into Russia's view of the West, so this was honestly a little eye-opening for me. Take it for what it's worth. But I've learned that when your enemies are telling you what they plan to do, you should listen.

Russia is basically calling for a holy war against the West.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

How about some financial spice....

Rumour is major bank in Australia is on the brink of failure.

And China has told all of its banks to prepare for a huge Dollar sell-off.

Buy you gas and groceries early this week.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Atrasado wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 7:19 pm
EvanLM wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:05 pm my son is a supervisor for Northrup Gruman. . .2nd largest weapons manufacturer in the world

has never told me why, but claims that all the world is worried about Putin and his weapons

US probably got their security notes on russian weapons delivered them by Xi and we know that Putin and Xi can both be liars

I think that Northrup might be aware since they check out competition on the world market for weapons and competitors and that's all I know
If we are to believe that Jospeh was a prophet we would know that China is the one who tries to invade America, not Russia.

I love that Jospeh wrote China in 1832, what was China in that time period to America? It’s a testament to me of his prophetic power and mission.
I believe they both will. I thinks that's why John wrote about another beast rising with two horns which seems to me will be Russia and China. This new beast will replace the beast with seven heads and ten horns ridden by the whore of Babylon when the whore is burned.
China is leopard and bear is Russia, 13:2 ties this into Daniel 7.

I’ll ponder the 2 horn beast.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

h_p wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 7:31 pm Putin's speech this week after the Nordstream pipeline sabotage: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1575 ... 50272.html
The guy who translated it said he wished every single person in the west would read it, so I did. I don't usually get much insight into Russia's view of the West, so this was honestly a little eye-opening for me. Take it for what it's worth. But I've learned that when your enemies are telling you what they plan to do, you should listen.

Russia is basically calling for a holy war against the West.
Putin just laid out a moral argument challenging the world order. He appeals to Russians, people in poor countries, and people in Japan, Korea, and Germany. It is full of things the western media will use to point out how he is crazy.

I thought it interesting that he sometimes calls out the rich elites of America, and sometimes America as a whole.

He is probably smart enough to know America is a big country with a lot of divisions and inequalities even among whites. Plenty of groups on America feel like the Hegemony has harmed them or denied them their rights. I wonder why Putin didn't mention those divisions?

Anyway, this Ukraine thing is not going away. More likely it will intensify and spread. We should all be better informed, this speech posted by h_p is a good place to start.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Bronco73idi wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:47 pm

I personally think both can be true. To me it seems that when they combine and take control of the world and destroy the whore (the cabal) that the two horned beast arises. I guess we'll see.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

FrankOne wrote: September 29th, 2022, 5:44 pm
BigT wrote: September 29th, 2022, 10:56 am
Lizzy60 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:40 pm
It would take a nuke to get their attention.
Or in their portfolio value.
In the back of mind, I keep thinking that something will somehow destroy the church financially. Then the emporer will have no clothes and people will run for the exits. Without the money God demonstrating the obvious blessedness of the church, people will become disillusioned.
There is a saying in financial markets "When the tide goes out, you find out who was swimming naked."

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Original_Intent wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 10:09 am
FrankOne wrote: September 29th, 2022, 5:44 pm
BigT wrote: September 29th, 2022, 10:56 am
Lizzy60 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:40 pm
It would take a nuke to get their attention.
Or in their portfolio value.
In the back of mind, I keep thinking that something will somehow destroy the church financially. Then the emporer will have no clothes and people will run for the exits. Without the money God demonstrating the obvious blessedness of the church, people will become disillusioned.
There is a saying in financial markets "When the tide goes out, you find out who was swimming naked."
superb .

I'm going to remember that, thanks

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

tribrac wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:38 pm How about some financial spice....

Rumour is major bank in Australia is on the brink of failure.

And China has told all of its banks to prepare for a huge Dollar sell-off.

Buy you gas and groceries early this week.
and da pope, his holiness, ordered all their money to be removed from outside banks by end of september?

I'm not an alarmist but there's been a few times over the last 15 yrs that I've decided to 'take stock' and be prepared. One of those times was in 2007 . I got on a soapbox that time and told associates to pull out of anything speculative like high priced bldg lots / spec housing. Deaf ears. Bankruptcies left and right.

Now? It's all so murky with every market being so manipulated. So...no soapbox for me this time.

The third week in October does feel doomy though. Being prepared is never unwise. I'm taking steps now for a severe downturn.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Atrasado wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 9:15 am
Bronco73idi wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 8:47 pm

I personally think both can be true. To me it seems that when they combine and take control of the world and destroy the whore (the cabal) that the two horned beast arises. I guess we'll see.
I pondered, two horns are the two party system. Like the Indian chief said two wings of the same bird 🦅

Everyone tells us to be Christ like, Luke 12:

56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

He is talking to the people that call themselves Christians, his followers. He told us that this won’t be obvious but it will be discernible.