Emergency Fed meeting today (Oct 3) at 11:30

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Emergency Fed meeting today (Oct 3) at 11:30

Post by Original_Intent »

The much awaited Fed pivot? I've doubted a pivot until later next year, but here we are...it might be today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-10- ... -fed-pivot

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Emergency Fed meeting today (Oct 3) at 11:30

Post by Lizzy60 »

This fits in with what Aaron Brickman believes is going to happen this month in the stock market.

https://www.hagmannreport.com/the-globa ... 9-28-2022/

https://www.hagmannreport.com/economic- ... 9-30-2022/

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

So today is a dead cat bounce?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Christianlee wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:30 am So today is a dead cat bounce?
No idea, just something is afoot. They could announce a surprise 50 bp hike or a 50 bp cut. or something completely different. I expect there will be big moves after the meeting up or down depending on what is in the meeting..

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Original_Intent wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:33 am The much awaited Fed pivot? I've doubted a pivot until later next year, but here we are...it might be today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-10- ... -fed-pivot
They’ve got to help Biden for the midterms.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Christianlee wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 8:30 am So today is a dead cat bounce?
On another board I post on, there is some talk about them bailing out Credit Suisse? I'm rusty; I don't know what is going on with them.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

It sounds like the Fed might try to force a bounce here. In a good system, we wouldn't have a Fed. We would simply have the equivalent of the Fed discount rate based on the movement of short-term treasuries, like the 3-month or 6-month. The Fed more or less follows these anyway, most of the time. And not to follow them is unwise, and it sounds like the Fed might be on the verge of doing something unwise to ease pain in the short term. Yet pain will come, regardless, at some point. And the pain could very well be worse with unwise policy interventions to juice the market in the short term.

It looks like there is really only a net bearish path for the market in the foreseeable future. The most bullish of these overall bearish scenarios still won't avoid further moves down, it will just postpone them, perhaps till next year. And if the most bullish of the bearish options does happen, it will give any number of careful investors a second chance to get out of the market at a higher point, near the August high.

jreuben
captain of 100

Post by jreuben »

It sounds like they're putting major effort into killing the economy in preparation for their EO 14067 to go into effect and replace currency with their CBDC next year. Really seems like we're going to be in trouble if President Trump doesn't actually step forward and remove the illegitimate puppets presently running the circus.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Over the weekend I read a story about how China told its banks to prepare to sell-off the dollar in major amounts.

I'm not a monetary policy wizard...but if one of the largest holders of US dollars decides to dump all of its holdings in dollars... wouldn't that make the value of the dollar decrease?

What if china decided to not accept dollars for all the stuff it makes and sends here?

Also, saw a headline suggesting a "too large to fail" bank in Australia is on the brink of failure.

Next few days could be interesting.