General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by spiritMan »

Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:38 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:33 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:23 pm
Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:13 pm

Do you think a husband has authority over his wife in directing what she does with dinner, or bed-time, with how she teaches her children, with how she chooses to make rules for them, in how she does certain chores? You would think that if he presides over her he would make sure she was doing everything "right." And she had no authority to make sure was doing things "right."
I think you should spend some more time learning about what it means to preside. I’m sorry if your life has been full of men who have led you to believe that this is what presiding means. I can see why you’d be wary of letting a man preside under those conditions.
Seriously . . .WTF . . .one of several things (or more is possible). He is an extreme micromanager (not good). She is completely out of control and has no mechanism to self-regulate and fulfill responsiblities (not good).

Proper leadership sets direction, tone and example.
So what does proper leadership look like? Give me some husband/wife examples?
A good analogy is a dance.

Marriage should look like a traditional dance (think waltz, foxtrot, etc.). The man leads and guides the dance, however he must be 100% attentive to his partner to ensure that he is not doing crazy things that she can't do, that she won't do, that cause her to look foolish, that is too fast, too slow, etc.

The woman needs to be willing to be lead and at the same time be attentive to the lead and be very communicative on likes, dislikes, things that work, things that don't work, suggestions, etc.

It's not "equal"; it's the joining of a man and a woman in different roles and responsibilities to create something more beautiful than either of them could do alone.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by endlessQuestions »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:50 pm

I think you should spend some more time learning about what it means to preside. I’m sorry if your life has been full of men who have led you to believe that this is what presiding means. I can see why you’d be wary of letting a man preside under those conditions.
Seriously . . .WTF . . .one of several things (or more is possible). He is an extreme micromanager (not good). She is completely out of control and has no mechanism to self-regulate and fulfill responsiblities (not good).

Marriage should look like a traditional dance (think waltz, foxtrot, etc.). The man leads and guides the dance, however he must be 100% attentive to his partner to ensure that he is not doing crazy things that she can't do, that she won't do, that cause her to look foolish, that is too fast, too slow, etc.

The woman needs to be willing to be lead and at the same time be attentive to the lead and be very communicative on likes, dislikes, things that work, things that don't work, suggestions, etc.

It's not "equal"; it's the joining of a man and a woman in different roles and responsibilities to create something more beautiful than either of them could do alone.
Wow, that’s nice. I’m going to use that!

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

Post by spiritMan »

thaabit wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:34 pm To be fair, we got the "don't go into debt to buy your new wife a piano" sermon.
But seriously . . .who the heck buys a nice expensive gift for their spouse and then shows the spouse the receipt. Seriously . . .who does that!

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:49 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:47 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:14 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:04 pm

If that was all he was saying I might agree, but given his past talks and this one, even if it was standing alone, he really pushes that we should not bother to pray about what the prophet or leaders says. We should just obey. Since the prophets sometime contradict the scriptures and the revelation God has already given me, I absolutely will pray and go with God's answer.

I know His voice. I know His fruit. I know my God and He knows me.

I notice they often say pray for confirmation of truth instead of asking if something is true. He gave some extreme examples. People who obviously were not "trying the spirits." Like that is the issue most at struggling with.

The more common problem is that the leaders are not addressing the issues of the day in the way that the Lord has taught, but change the doctrine and then acting like those of us who remember the truth are crazy, lazy, extreme, or whatever. Doctrines they taught and stood up for in the past, but no more. Yeah, change the doctrine and I will absolutely pray to know if those who call themselves apostles and prophets are correct or not. Unfortunately, the Lord has not told me to change, but hold fast to truth.

Joseph was questioning the leaders of his day and rejecting, with great opposition, the philosophies of men mingles with scripture. Was he wrong?

We live in Lehi's Jerusalem again. And like Laman and Lemuel claiming that Lehi was too judgemental and the people of Jerusalem righteous, today many would say the people like Renlund are righteous and those who would leave the wicked for a promised land are just too judgemental.

I will stand with God over man. I will it cease to pray.

I immediately grabbed my scripture at the end of his talk and read 2 Nephi 32 to my kids.
Ever wonder why we’re asked to pray about the Book of Mormon but not about if today’s prophets are real prophets? Something I wish I would’ve done years ago.
Looking back I also see they never teach about false prophets of our day that Christ warned about. I wonder why.
That isn't true.Screenshot_20221001-183859.png
Where’s his words? And others as well?
I’ve never heard anything like that at GC or any church meeting. It was always “follow your leaders.” Repeated especially during covid.
Of course they said it at conference. They said it at the same conference when Pres. Nelson was sustained.
Screenshot_20221001-185515.png
Screenshot_20221001-185515.png (441.97 KiB) Viewed 755 times

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:13 pm

Do you think a husband has authority over his wife in directing what she does with dinner, or bed-time, with how she teaches her children, with how she chooses to make rules for them, in how she does certain chores? You would think that if he presides over her he would make sure she was doing everything "right." And she had no authority to make sure was doing things "right."

David O Mckay and his wife had a nearly perfect marriage and relationship

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:56 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:49 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:47 pm
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:14 pm

Ever wonder why we’re asked to pray about the Book of Mormon but not about if today’s prophets are real prophets? Something I wish I would’ve done years ago.
Looking back I also see they never teach about false prophets of our day that Christ warned about. I wonder why.
That isn't true.Screenshot_20221001-183859.png
Where’s his words? And others as well?
I’ve never heard anything like that at GC or any church meeting. It was always “follow your leaders.” Repeated especially during covid.
Of course they said it at conference. They said it at the same conference when Pres. Nelson was sustained.
Screenshot_20221001-185515.png
That is not anywhere near what I’m talking about.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Kit-OTW wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:12 pm
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:59 pm
FrankOne wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
. You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
You're right, no one knows what is coming in the next 2 years. No one. As to who prospers through what is to come, we'll all see soon enough. Apostasy means to stand away from and has nothing to do with being wrong. Historically, those that have "stood apart from" did so because that which they did adhere to had become immoral.

The future will bring it's own evidence and there will no longer be any need to tell others what you think because everyone will know. The current leadership will likely be strengthened in the near future because they are obviously siding with the "winning team". This is why members have been instructed to follow the policies of the UN and every world doctrine today. If you look at it all it is clearly visible. Vaccines, climate religion, gender confusion acceptance, feminism. It's all part of the daily LDS doctrine. It's the truth and there is no denying it.
But that is the thing we can know. I have prayed to know and the Lord showed me. We had a 70 come to stake conference and gave a very boring talk at the end he said i promise you if you will be humble and if you will seek it the Lord will show you what is coming.

I agree at first glance it hate to see what looks like playing ball with the deepstate, i hate the vax and the letters. There is a lot that bothers me too. As i am sure many..... But we need to be understanding. I would like to see them blow off the UN and the deepstate. I would love to see them call fire down from heaven, to rectfy everything. But the Lord only does that at the end. Their is still work to be done. Their is still growth that has to happen. We can give the world the finger get kicked out of nearly every country and then expect to still be able to do the Lord work. He is at the helm it is his call what happens and when and if we have to sit patiently by waiting on the Lord then that is what we need to do.

It is like Jonah. He was justified in not wanting to go and teach the gospel of repentance because he knew it was the very people he was saving that would latercome and destroy the Lord people. That is a understandable feeling, why should i go and save the very people that are going to destroy me..... Right?

Have you ever studied Bishop Koyle. He was a very prophetic man and he speaks of tough times in the church after 3 apostles die in quick succession. ( This is back when 3 dies in 6 months ) He said it would be hard for the church and many would leave. But it still the Lord church and the Lord still in control and the lord sets things right..... Study Koyle he is amazing..... ( however some of the things have been put in wrong )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-dPJc2dPI
http://visionsandtribulation.blogspot.c ... g-of-3.htm
Perhaps you should brush up on Bishop Koyle a little bit.

The Bishop told of an interview with the Prophet Joseph
in Salt Lake City. The two of them were seeking out the latter
general authorities. The Bishop asked Joseph what he was going
to do. Joseph’s answer was, “I’m going to release them, every
last man-jack one of them.” (A man-jack is a mule that must be
castrated or cut off to remove their unreconcilable stubbornness to Godly direction.) Joseph then stated, “They had their chance
and failed!
That was not what koyle said. That is an addition that Ogden Kraut made. A ex memeber of the church who had an ax to grind against the brethren, sounds like some others huh. Most of the other things listed legit.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:50 pm A good analogy is a dance.

I do everything the man does, only backwards and in high heels!
~ Ginger Rogers

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:30 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:29 pm
J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Wow, Elder Rasband actually managed to give a really good talk this time around. I agree with his point - we need to share the Book of Mormon with the world. The need has indeed never been greater.
The church needs to live the commandments in the BoM, that would be a good start.
Which it does, in its fulness.
No, no they don't: https://www.reluctantwatchman.com/the-b ... lds-church

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:30 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:29 pm
J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Wow, Elder Rasband actually managed to give a really good talk this time around. I agree with his point - we need to share the Book of Mormon with the world. The need has indeed never been greater.
The church needs to live the commandments in the BoM, that would be a good start.
Which it does, in its fulness.
Wake up. Seriously, I have seen some batcrap crazy things posted on this forum over the years, but that right there takes the cake for utter cluelessness.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:41 pm
Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:12 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:06 pm
Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:59 pm This floral arrangement has me kind of stumped but I’m picking up maybe an undersea vibe. An ode to climate change, perhaps. It’s got that international flavor but I’m not convinced that it’s cohesive - - kind of like the iron and clay of the toes belonging to Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image.
If my eyes rolled any harder they’d fall out of my head.
Give a girl something to do...the mind...so numb...ready to chew off her own hand out of starvation for words of life and light.
Why are you looking for that at conference? Read your scriptures, pray, our Master will meet that need.
Yes, I actually do read my scriptures during conference. But I also have my little things I like to do. Not malicious - I don’t see the prob

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Have you ever studied Bishop Koyle. He was a very prophetic man and he speaks of tough times in the church after 3 apostles die in quick succession. ( This is back when 3 dies in 6 months ) He said it would be hard for the church and many would leave. But it still the Lord church and the Lord still in control and the lord sets things right..... Study Koyle he is amazing.....
Koyle also said that JS would come back and throw out all of the general authorities because of apostasy. Interesting that you decided to leave out that part.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am You guys are like a bunch of teenage girls bashing the fat kid you dont like. I still dont understand why you watch conference if you dont believe it? Most of you have made covenants that you have pissed in the wind. God will not be mocked and you will account for the constant bashing of the brethren. Whether you think you will or not. You are cutting your self off Just like Joseph said would happen.

You sound like the children of israel of old. WHO is MOSES?, How dare he ask us to listen to him, who the hell does he think he is. What a prick asking us to come out to this hell hole. It would have been better for us to remain in egypt and serve pharaoh...... right.

Let it go if you want to apostatize move on. But i guess another Joseph prophecy fullfiled right, people can leave the church but they cant leave it alone.

Like a bunch of bitter old women who are scorned you sit and poke and murmur...... You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
Now, that's refreshing.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Dave62 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:10 pm
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am You guys are like a bunch of teenage girls bashing the fat kid you dont like. I still dont understand why you watch conference if you dont believe it? Most of you have made covenants that you have pissed in the wind. God will not be mocked and you will account for the constant bashing of the brethren. Whether you think you will or not. You are cutting your self off Just like Joseph said would happen.

You sound like the children of israel of old. WHO is MOSES?, How dare he ask us to listen to him, who the hell does he think he is. What a prick asking us to come out to this hell hole. It would have been better for us to remain in egypt and serve pharaoh...... right.

Let it go if you want to apostatize move on. But i guess another Joseph prophecy fullfiled right, people can leave the church but they cant leave it alone.

Like a bunch of bitter old women who are scorned you sit and poke and murmur...... You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
Now, that's refreshing.
Seeing someone compare people they don't agree with to a bunch of teenage girls bashing a fat kid AND bitter old women who are scorned isn't something you hear everyday? 😉

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:06 pm

You're right, no one knows what is coming in the next 2 years. No one. As to who prospers through what is to come, we'll all see soon enough. Apostasy means to stand away from and has nothing to do with being wrong. Historically, those that have "stood apart from" did so because that which they did adhere to had become immoral.

The future will bring it's own evidence and there will no longer be any need to tell others what you think because everyone will know. The current leadership will likely be strengthened in the near future because they are obviously siding with the "winning team". This is why members have been instructed to follow the policies of the UN and every world doctrine today. If you look at it all it is clearly visible. Vaccines, climate religion, gender confusion acceptance, feminism. It's all part of the daily LDS doctrine. It's the truth and there is no denying it.
But that is the thing we can know. I have prayed to know and the Lord showed me. We had a 70 come to stake conference and gave a very boring talk at the end he said i promise you if you will be humble and if you will seek it the Lord will show you what is coming.

I agree at first glance it hate to see what looks like playing ball with the deepstate, i hate the vax and the letters. There is a lot that bothers me too. As i am sure many..... But we need to be understanding. I would like to see them blow off the UN and the deepstate. I would love to see them call fire down from heaven, to rectfy everything. But the Lord only does that at the end. Their is still work to be done. Their is still growth that has to happen. We can give the world the finger get kicked out of nearly every country and then expect to still be able to do the Lord work. He is at the helm it is his call what happens and when and if we have to sit patiently by waiting on the Lord then that is what we need to do.

It is like Jonah. He was justified in not wanting to go and teach the gospel of repentance because he knew it was the very people he was saving that would latercome and destroy the Lord people. That is a understandable feeling, why should i go and save the very people that are going to destroy me..... Right?

Have you ever studied Bishop Koyle. He was a very prophetic man and he speaks of tough times in the church after 3 apostles die in quick succession. ( This is back when 3 dies in 6 months ) He said it would be hard for the church and many would leave. But it still the Lord church and the Lord still in control and the lord sets things right..... Study Koyle he is amazing..... ( however some of the things have been put in wrong )

castrated or cut off to remove their unreconcilable stubbornness to Godly direction.) Joseph then stated, “They had their chance
and failed!
That was not what koyle said. That is an addition that Ogden Kraut made. A ex memeber of the church who had an ax to grind against the brethren, sounds like some others huh. Most of the other things listed legit.
So you only quote what supports what you want to claim.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:46 pm

Ephesian 5.
It says that we should submit ourselves to one another, so a husband should submit his will to his wife just as much as the wife should submit to her husband and the Lord. The verses saying the husband is the head of the woman reflects a cultural reality, as he repeatedly calls all inferiors to submit to earthly authority. He says that Christ is the head of the Church and women are part of the church, therefore, Christ is the head of the woman in truth. Both husband and wife should be one flesh with Christ as their head, acting together aligned with Christ's will, and both are entitled to receive revelation for their family responsibilities.

If you believe a wife should be submissive to the husband and not the other way around, please give some real life examples.
Last edited by Sarah on October 1st, 2022, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

An analogy is only so good as far as it can be applied to real life. So please give some examples of how this is played out in a marriage.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:33 pm

An analogy is only so good as far as it can be applied to real life. So please give some examples of how this is played out in a marriage.
Why? All that happens is you'll mock or shame so I'm not sure what a example would do for you.

I've given you the basis. It's Ephesians 5 (which does not say what you think it says-but okay fine).

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

Kit-OTW wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:29 pm
JLHPROF wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:12 pm
J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:01 pm
JLHPROF wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:52 am

He's completely right. There is zero need to pray about things that are blatantly out of order. You already know they aren't true.
That's not what the church has taught me throughout my whole life. I've always been taught that we can know the truth of all things, by the power of the Holy Ghost. (Moroni 10:5)

This attitude of choosing not to pray about something because one already believes that one knows the fulness of the truth, is the same attitude as those described in the Book of Mormon who claim "we need no more Bible, we have already got a Bible." It's basically shutting oneself off to further light and knowledge.

That's the exact opposite of the attitude that (up until now apparently) the church has always taught us to have.
Sorry I don't need to pray to know stealing is wrong.
I also don't need to pray about remnant teachings to know they're wrong.
We are taught to pray to learn the truth. If God's already taught something is wrong I don't need to pray to confirm that.

"We never inquire at the hand of God for Special revelation only in case of their being no previous revelation to suit the case.". Joseph Smith
You said you don't need to pray, and just know the remnant teaching are wrong? Funny how in the Church's materials, there is this topic:
Israel, Remnant of
See also Israel, Restoration of; Israel, Scattering of

remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah, 2 Kgs. 19:30.

remnant that are left of the captivity, Neh. 1:3.

Except the Lord … had left unto us a very small remnant, Isa. 1:9.

remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, Isa. 10:21 (2 Ne. 20:21).

out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, Isa. 37:32.

I will gather the remnant of my flock, Jer. 23:3.

Yet will I leave a remnant, Ezek. 6:8.

I will leave a few men of them from the sword, Ezek. 12:16.

shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, Ezek. 14:22.

in Jerusalem shall be deliverance … and in the remnant, Joel 2:32.

I will surely gather the remnant of Israel, Micah 2:12.

remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, Micah 5:8 (3 Ne. 21:12).

concerning Israel … a remnant shall be saved, Rom. 9:27.

remnants of the house of Israel, should be grafted in, 1 Ne. 10:14.

our seed, which is a remnant of the house of Israel, 2 Ne. 28:2.

words … carry them forth unto the remnant of our seed, 2 Ne. 30:3.

we are a remnant of the seed of Joseph, Alma 46:23 (3 Ne. 10:17).

bring a remnant … of Joseph to the knowledge, 3 Ne. 5:23.

ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth, 3 Ne. 20:16 (Morm. 7:10).

lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth, Morm. 5:24.

ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob, Morm. 7:10.

New Jerusalem should be built … unto the remnant … of Joseph, Ether 13:6.

remnant shall be gathered unto this place, D&C 45:43.

remnants who are left … shall vex the Gentiles, D&C 87:5.

remnants of Jacob, who have been cursed … be converted, D&C 109:65.

scattered remnants are exhorted to return to the Lord, D&C 113:10.

gather together the remainder of his elect from the four winds, JS—M 1:37.

See also 2 Kgs. 19:4; Isa. 19:25.

Sound like the Remnant teachings are true.
I didn't say the principle of a remnant wasn't true.
I said the teachings coming out of the so called remnant movement are false. They're wrong on priesthood, wrong on the second comforter, wrong on polygamy, wrong on Brigham Young, wrong on the temple, wrong on MMP, wrong on how they apply the true principle of personal revelation, wrong on just about everything.
There's no need to pray about that movement when they are wrong in almost every doctrine.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:36 pm
Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:33 pm

Why? All that happens is you'll mock or shame so I'm not sure what a example would do for you.

I've given you the basis. It's Ephesians 5 (which does not say what you think it says-but okay fine).
My intent is not to mock you or shame you, but to open your eyes up to alternative view. If you're very confident in your interpretation of those scriptures, you should be able to show real life examples of putting those things into practice. I'm trying to get you to see that oneness and unity are what is commanded by God, and not hierarchy. Righteousness is not about obedience to mortal men but to God, and Christ is the God of the woman just as much as he is to the man. We've been handed down an incorrect view that the husband is now equated as God to his wife when the wife was not elevated to the same status.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

and failed!
Ogden Kraut actually knew and worked with John Koyle. You do not know that he made it up. You don't know for sure on anything Koyle, because the angel to him to not write anything down. Every single word is second hand. So, I will believe this second hand report, just as I believe all the other second hand reports. I don't hold them as gospel, and I haven't prayed about each one. But, I see them happening. I see the apostasy in the Church.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

HereWeGo wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:22 pm

and failed!
So you only quote what supports what you want to claim.
I have studied koyle inside out. there is nothing that shows koyle ever said that. The only place it can be found is with kraut. He wrote a book on the mine and over all it is pretty good, but you can tell he has a ax to grind with authorities of the church. Although he doesnt go as far as many of you Koyle loved all the prophets. Kraut lef tthe church over polygammy. But he loved all the prophets until after the 1940's.

Anyone that studies it knows Koyle never wrote anything down. The prophecies that are true are easy to see , the ones that arent are too.

2 notable ones that are false are that quote and the one that says the republican party falls and never rises again. The opposite is true on that one. After this next election the dems get exposed and fall hard and some other things happen i am not going to say. But that is the party that falls.

Koyle was a supporter of the church even though he was done wrong at the end, it was immediatley made up after he got to the spirit world his memebership was returned....

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:39 pm "The precepts of men rarely align with divine truth" Elder Pearson, after laying the smack-down on political correctness and philosophies of men.
That is a great quote, Subcomandante! The philosophies of men mingled with scripture is a warning we would do well to heed. Funny, how you seem to be raw-rawing Elder Pearson's smackdown, without comprehending. You know kind of like the warning in Mark 9 JST:

42 And again, if thy foot offend thee, cut it off; for he that is thy standard, by whom thou walkest, if he become a transgressor, he shall be cut off.
44 Therefore, let every man stand or fall, by himself, and not for another; or not trusting another.
46 And if thine eye which seeth for thee, him that is appointed to watch over thee to show thee light, become a transgressor and offend thee, pluck him out.
48 For it is better that thyself should be saved, than to be cast into hell with thy brother, where their worm dieth not, and where the fire is not quenched.

That "standard, by whom thou walkest" and the "eye which seeth for them, him that is appointed to watch over thee to show thee the light" is the President of the Church. Therefore, Joseph's translation, which is from God, indicates that the leaders can lead the people astray. Other scriptures attest to this, but I suspect you already know.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I'm enjoying GC.
The session this evening went until 7:23 Mountain Time, by my clock - started a little after 6pm MT. An unusually SHORT conference session....

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:21 am
Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:11 am
Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:09 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:04 am The conference has started, President Henry B. Eyring directing.

Remarks:

Looks like a full house for choir, no masks present. A LOT of empty seating in the upper rows.
No masks because everyone attending conference was required to have a negative Covid test
Seriously?
That’s what the people coming in for Covid tests, yesterday, said
You must be kidding.

Thank god I'm out.

Jesus Christ.

He's out too.