General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Original_Intent »

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original_Intent wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:12 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 4:52 pm
Sarah wrote: October 1st, 2022, 4:43 pm

Perhaps the true "generational damage" is what has been assumed to be true by past generations, but is actually a false tradition. We are all slowly coming to a more perfect knowledge of what the truth actually is.

I think the true principle is that both partners can and should share in the job of presiding and nurturing. The key is realizing that we are presiding over different family functions and activities, and not over people, which implies that people are subjects that don't have agency. So for example, instead of thinking that you preside over your children, thinking that that means they have a duty to obey you because "you preside" over them, the truth is that you preside over teaching them the gospel and you preside over protecting and providing. You preside over meetings. You can preside as partners with your wife in discipline and punishment if needed, but your wife has equal authority over something like that.

We each have different strengths that make each of us more suited for different jobs, which makes us naturally responsible to preside over that job. But we are equal partners because we both preside over different jobs. I preside over childbearing for example, as my husband presides over providing. We both can nurture, but I preside over child-care decisions. The husband can preside over protecting, and leading the family to gospel ordinances. But we each can share in the responsibility of presiding over different jobs. The job of the one presiding is also to make sure everyone feels equally respected in a council setting, is feeling heard, loved and united in agreement. If there is some disagreement, it's a false tradition to just say that the one presiding gets to go forward with whatever he or she wants. The Lord isn't going to bless that presiding officer if someone else in the group has already had the inspired idea, and the one presiding ignores is.

So instead of thinking you preside over your wife, the truth is that you preside over loving your wife and caring for her physical needs. Your wife presides over giving you children.
So instead of thinking you preside over your wife, the truth is that you preside over loving your wife and caring for her physical needs. Your wife presides over giving you children.

Or you know we could ditch the modern new age junk and just start reading Ephesians 5. That would be a good place to start.
The thought that I had during this talk was oddly enough about chess.

One could argue that chess is patriarchal since the King must not die at all costs. And yet the Queen is the strongest piece on the board.

And it made me think that even chess has it exactly wrong, the male figure should (and usually is) the one who should sacrifice everything, even itself, for the protection of the female.

At any rate, regardless of what was said in conference, there are roles that need to be filled and it is up to each of us with our spouse (if we have one) to determine which roles work best for each of us. But in "presiding" it definitely doesn't mean the husband has the last word one everything nor should it be. Neither should the wife be able (thru manipulation in whatever form) be able to dominate the decision-making process. They truly need to become one and work for the betterment of their partnership.
It is not up to us to determine which role to fill.

God has already made that clear.

Unless if course you believe that men can get pregnant.
I do not believe men can get pregnant, nor most of the woke BS in the world today.
That said, there are women that are more aggressive and men that are more reserved. I am not saying their gender roles change, but I also do not think that a naturally more dominant woman nor a naturally more reserved man can or should remake themselves into YOUR image of what a proper man or woman should be.

Men are men and women are women - I think we agree on that. But either you are not understanding what I am saying, or we simply disagree. Personally, I think the ideal is a breadwinner male and a stay at home female. Neither should neglect their own development in areas that they feel important, but certain responsibilities need to be taken care of. I have my ideas of who should best take care of those responsibilities, and again you and I would probably mostly agree, but I think I lean a bit more into letting couples work out what works best for them. If the Mrs. has the drive, ambition, and ability to succeed and the Mr. is more inclined to fill the domestic role, I think it can work, and it's between them and God.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Artaxerxes »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:36 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:30 pm
Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:13 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:36 am This entire forum is chock full of church haters complaining about every single thing the church does. You're projecting.
If you actually read a lot of the responses and news articles that are posted, these members of the Lord church are not haters, they are condemning the leaderships decisions in recent years regarding church policy because it DIRECTLY conflicts with the scriptures, church doctrine and the prompting of the spirit testifying that what the church is doing is wrong. This is not a new issue for the restored church as even Joseph Smith was condemned numerous times for not following the Lord's counsel.

Most of the members of this board are genuinely concerned about the course the church is currently on in regards to the acceptance of sin, its prideful boasting, the money invested in evil corporations on the stock market and its support of corrupt organizations. Learn from the other members of the church here on this board and understand why they are saying these things.
I read a great many of the posts on the forum. The posts on this thread were complaints about colors on a pamphlet, church spending, the economy of God, believing everything is secretly about the gays, and stuff like that.

It's people looking to be offended. It's the right version of being woke: nothing is good, everything has to be construed in the worst possible way, and you have to take personal offense to it.
One of the most interesting strategies of people not sincerely interested in debating is labeling what the opposition says as “complaints”, and what they say as “valid”.
They're not complaints?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:30 pm I read a great many of the posts on the forum. The posts on this thread were complaints about colors on a pamphlet, church spending, the economy of God, believing everything is secretly about the gays, and stuff like that.
It would be in the best interest of the church to avoid pamphlets that look like a gay agenda pamphlet, which it does, you can't deny that. When I saw the cover in his talk today, it was the first thing I thought of and multiple other people I talked to said the same thing. Members on this board are just confirming that same issue. If they had shown the cover to a committee beforehand, I'm sure someone would have also indicated this issue. Remember, there are wolves in sheep's clothing in the church! They could have easily commissioned better artwork for the cover, like a picture of the Savior, or use a picture of a temple like they did on the previous pamphlet.

I don't believe it's even secret about the church's commitments towards the gays. The church signed two bills of support THIS very week in the United States. Don't be naive about their support. We are supposed to condemn sin, not join it </Obi-wan>.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

anonymous91 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:25 pm One quick question: Do you believe that the vaccine is a God Send?
We are finding out more and more that it will send you to God!
The risk of developing myocarditis among males ages 16-19 after a third dose was about 1 in 15,000. Other research shows COVID-19 infection poses a higher risk for myocarditis than vaccines.
https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/09/0 ... -young-men

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Original_Intent wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:45 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original_Intent wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:12 pm
spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 4:52 pm

Or you know we could ditch the modern new age junk and just start reading Ephesians 5. That would be a good place to start.
The thought that I had during this talk was oddly enough about chess.

One could argue that chess is patriarchal since the King must not die at all costs. And yet the Queen is the strongest piece on the board.

And it made me think that even chess has it exactly wrong, the male figure should (and usually is) the one who should sacrifice everything, even itself, for the protection of the female.

At any rate, regardless of what was said in conference, there are roles that need to be filled and it is up to each of us with our spouse (if we have one) to determine which roles work best for each of us. But in "presiding" it definitely doesn't mean the husband has the last word one everything nor should it be. Neither should the wife be able (thru manipulation in whatever form) be able to dominate the decision-making process. They truly need to become one and work for the betterment of their partnership.
It is not up to us to determine which role to fill.

God has already made that clear.

Unless if course you believe that men can get pregnant.
I do not believe men can get pregnant, nor most of the woke BS in the world today.
That said, there are women that are more aggressive and men that are more reserved. I am not saying their gender roles change, but I also do not think that a naturally more dominant woman nor a naturally more reserved man can or should remake themselves into YOUR image of what a proper man or woman should be.

Men are men and women are women - I think we agree on that. But either you are not understanding what I am saying, or we simply disagree. Personally, I think the ideal is a breadwinner male and a stay at home female. Neither should neglect their own development in areas that they feel important, but certain responsibilities need to be taken care of. I have my ideas of who should best take care of those responsibilities, and again you and I would probably mostly agree, but I think I lean a bit more into letting couples work out what works best for them. If the Mrs. has the drive, ambition, and ability to succeed and the Mr. is more inclined to fill the domestic role, I think it can work, and it's between them and God.
Dude it's not my image.

I base it upon the scriptures. Ephesians 5.

Go moan and groan against God not me.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:55 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:30 pm I read a great many of the posts on the forum. The posts on this thread were complaints about colors on a pamphlet, church spending, the economy of God, believing everything is secretly about the gays, and stuff like that.
It would be in the best interest of the church to avoid pamphlets that look like a gay agenda pamphlet, which it does, you can't deny that. When I saw the cover in his talk today, it was the first thing I thought of and multiple other people I talked to said the same thing. Members on this board are just confirming that same issue. If they had shown the cover to a committee beforehand, I'm sure someone would have also indicated this issue. Remember, there are wolves in sheep's clothing in the church! They could have easily commissioned better artwork for the cover, like a picture of the Savior, or use a picture of a temple like they did on the previous pamphlet.

I don't believe it's even secret about the church's commitments towards the gays. The church signed two bills of support THIS very week in the United States. Don't be naive about their support. We are supposed to condemn sin, not join it </Obi-wan>.
I absolutely do deny it. It doesn't looking any thing like the gay flag. People are seeing what they want to see. Not everything that has multiple colors should call to mind the gay flag. I know that many people with an ax to grind see it, but normal people don't.
Screenshot_20221001-170802.png
Screenshot_20221001-170802.png (260.6 KiB) Viewed 601 times
download (3).png
download (3).png (439 Bytes) Viewed 601 times
The church believes in being kind to everyone, including the gays. That doesn't mean that everything is about that.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:59 pm
FrankOne wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
. You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
You're right, no one knows what is coming in the next 2 years. No one. As to who prospers through what is to come, we'll all see soon enough. Apostasy means to stand away from and has nothing to do with being wrong. Historically, those that have "stood apart from" did so because that which they did adhere to had become immoral.

The future will bring it's own evidence and there will no longer be any need to tell others what you think because everyone will know. The current leadership will likely be strengthened in the near future because they are obviously siding with the "winning team". This is why members have been instructed to follow the policies of the UN and every world doctrine today. If you look at it all it is clearly visible. Vaccines, climate religion, gender confusion acceptance, feminism. It's all part of the daily LDS doctrine. It's the truth and there is no denying it.
But that is the thing we can know. I have prayed to know and the Lord showed me. We had a 70 come to stake conference and gave a very boring talk at the end he said i promise you if you will be humble and if you will seek it the Lord will show you what is coming.

I agree at first glance it hate to see what looks like playing ball with the deepstate, i hate the vax and the letters. There is a lot that bothers me too. As i am sure many..... But we need to be understanding. I would like to see them blow off the UN and the deepstate. I would love to see them call fire down from heaven, to rectfy everything. But the Lord only does that at the end. Their is still work to be done. Their is still growth that has to happen. We can give the world the finger get kicked out of nearly every country and then expect to still be able to do the Lord work. He is at the helm it is his call what happens and when and if we have to sit patiently by waiting on the Lord then that is what we need to do.

It is like Jonah. He was justified in not wanting to go and teach the gospel of repentance because he knew it was the very people he was saving that would latercome and destroy the Lord people. That is a understandable feeling, why should i go and save the very people that are going to destroy me..... Right?

Have you ever studied Bishop Koyle. He was a very prophetic man and he speaks of tough times in the church after 3 apostles die in quick succession. ( This is back when 3 dies in 6 months ) He said it would be hard for the church and many would leave. But it still the Lord church and the Lord still in control and the lord sets things right..... Study Koyle he is amazing..... ( however some of the things have been put in wrong )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-dPJc2dPI
http://visionsandtribulation.blogspot.c ... g-of-3.htm
Perhaps you should brush up on Bishop Koyle a little bit.

The Bishop told of an interview with the Prophet Joseph
in Salt Lake City. The two of them were seeking out the latter
general authorities. The Bishop asked Joseph what he was going
to do. Joseph’s answer was, “I’m going to release them, every
last man-jack one of them.” (A man-jack is a mule that must be
castrated or cut off to remove their unreconcilable stubbornness to Godly direction.) Joseph then stated, “They had their chance
and failed!

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:46 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:36 pm
Sunain wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:13 pm
If you actually read a lot of the responses and news articles that are posted, these members of the Lord church are not haters, they are condemning the leaderships decisions in recent years regarding church policy because it DIRECTLY conflicts with the scriptures, church doctrine and the prompting of the spirit testifying that what the church is doing is wrong. This is not a new issue for the restored church as even Joseph Smith was condemned numerous times for not following the Lord's counsel.

Most of the members of this board are genuinely concerned about the course the church is currently on in regards to the acceptance of sin, its prideful boasting, the money invested in evil corporations on the stock market and its support of corrupt organizations. Learn from the other members of the church here on this board and understand why they are saying these things.
I read a great many of the posts on the forum. The posts on this thread were complaints about colors on a pamphlet, church spending, the economy of God, believing everything is secretly about the gays, and stuff like that.

It's people looking to be offended. It's the right version of being woke: nothing is good, everything has to be construed in the worst possible way, and you have to take personal offense to it.
One of the most interesting strategies of people not sincerely interested in debating is labeling what the opposition says as “complaints”, and what they say as “valid”.
They're not complaints?
I don’t know. I’d say observations. Labeling them complaints is a handy rhetorical tool, though. I’ve noticed you’re pretty good at rhetoric…

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:55 am Elder Renlund: I didn't need to pray about it, because only the prophet receives revelation for the church.

WOW.

So we shouldn't ask God for confirmation of another person's truth claims? This is appallingly bad.
Haha… the church is so apostate these days. The deserve every ancient prophetic utterance of pride in the latter days.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:30 pmI read a great many of the posts on the forum. The posts on this thread were complaints about...
Why are so many of your posts on LDSFF complaints about others complaining?
What even draws you to this forum? What is your purpose here? Do you enjoy it here?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Wow, Elder Rasband actually managed to give a really good talk this time around. I agree with his point - we need to share the Book of Mormon with the world. The need has indeed never been greater.
The church needs to live the commandments in the BoM, that would be a good start.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:10 pm

I absolutely do deny it. It doesn't looking any thing like the gay flag. People are seeing what they want to see. Not everything that has multiple colors should call to mind the gay flag. I know that many people with an ax to grind see it, but normal people don't.

Screenshot_20221001-170802.png
download (3).png

The church believes in being kind to everyone, including the gays. That doesn't mean that everything is about that.
It looks a lot more like the Wipala (the Aymara standard) than the gay flag.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:29 pm
J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Wow, Elder Rasband actually managed to give a really good talk this time around. I agree with his point - we need to share the Book of Mormon with the world. The need has indeed never been greater.
The church needs to live the commandments in the BoM, that would be a good start.
Which it does, in its fulness.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

Post by Alexander »

Y’all still watch GC?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Alexander wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:31 pm Y’all still watch GC?
Yep. Bishop Caussé just gave a nice talk about the sacred powers of procreation. The YW counselor is talking about how faith in Jesus Christ leads to action.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

By their fruits shall ye know them. Well, I don't like the taste of this fruit. This is extremely disturbing.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

An important talk about active patience...

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Elder Pearson of the 70 now speaking, looks like he's going to focus on the Sacramental Prayers.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

"The precepts of men rarely align with divine truth" Elder Pearson, after laying the smack-down on political correctness and philosophies of men.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Our willingness to obey the commandments and put Jesus at the very center of our lives will be important in the coming days...if we have a superficial knowledge unless we do the legwork to gain a deeper knowledge, we are not going to be able to survive the coming days.

This is the message I am getting from Elder Pearson.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Wow, this guy gets it. Conference classic! Now if I could just figure it what his name is…

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Discipleship is not cheap because the companionship of the Holy Ghost is priceless - Elder Pearson

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:43 pm Discipleship is not cheap because the companionship of the Holy Ghost is priceless - Elder Pearson
I vote Elder Pearson for President of LDSFF.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

"Casual and inconsistent covenant keeping leads to spiritual casualty." Elder Pearson

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:45 pm
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:43 pm Discipleship is not cheap because the companionship of the Holy Ghost is priceless - Elder Pearson
I vote Elder Pearson for President of LDSFF.
His is probably the best talk so far...by far...