General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:34 am I share Elder Renlund’s testimony of the effect of The Book of Mormon when studied carefully.
[/quote

I believe a careful studiy of Book of Mormon should have a profound effect on all true followers of Christ -- So heart and then life changing --to create
A people ready to receive Him
.ACTIONS FRUITS

No poor among them - all them there global citizenry
Puttin their ( our ) money where their mouth is --
Just not seeing it -

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by tribrac »

See you ina bout 10 minutes

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I was sorely disappointed in Elder Renlund's talk today. An evil spirit teaches a man not to pray.

2 Nephi 32

8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

I would recommend all study 2 Nephi 32 and Doctrine and Covenants 93 as well as the Sermon on the Mount to know God's will. I would recommend all pray unceasingly to God for truth believing that as a child of God He loves you and will speak to you.

I testify that I have heard the voice of God and received good fruit. I have been visited by angels and given direction and comfort. I know that God would not tell anyone or direct anyone to say that we must not pray.

Doctrine and Covenants 64

39 And liars and hypocrites shall be proved by them, and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known.

Christ is our Mediator with the Father and not as a barrier or Accusor, but a facilitator and Advocate.

Praise be to God for His goodness and mercy. Thanks be to God for His Son and sacrifice

My name is Michelle.

This is my testimony and witness.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:23 pm I was sorely disappointed in Elder Renlund's talk today. An evil spirit teaches a man not to pray.

2 Nephi 32

8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

I would recommend all study 2 Nephi 32 and Doctrine and Covenants 93 as well as the Sermon on the Mount to know God's will. I would recommend all pray unceasingly to God for truth believing that as a child of God He loves you and will speak to you.

I testify that I have heard the voice of God and received good fruit. I have been visited by angels and given direction and comfort. I know that God would not tell anyone or direct anyone to say that we must not pray.

39 And liars and hypocrites shall be proved by them, and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known.

Christ is our Mediator with the Father and not as a barrier or Accusor, but a facilitator and Advocate.

Praise be to God for His goodness and mercy. Thanks be to God for His Son and sacrifice

My name is Michelle.

Michelle,

You should take a class in logic.

It might help assuage your disappointment.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 1:02 pm
Atrasado wrote: October 1st, 2022, 12:47 pm
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:58 am
Atrasado wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:56 am

He spoke true words. If only he lived them.
So you are saying President Nelson abuses women and children, as well as others?

Evidence please.
The abuse hotline. There's your evidence.
The abuse hotline exists so people can report on abuse and afterwards follow proper procedures on reporting said abuse, according to the area where you live.

This is not an evidence that the Prophet himself abuses women and children, and such an admission would be laughed out of any court.
Did I write above that he personally abused people? But to me the Church's actions protect such people. We need to repent.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:23 pm I was sorely disappointed in Elder Renlund's talk today. An evil spirit teaches a man not to pray.
I don't believe that was Elder Renlund's purpose.

I think what he was saying is that somethings you don't need to say a specific formal prayer about.

"Hey God tells me that you should help me go murder this person. You should pray to ask God to confirm this."

I don't need to say a specific prayer to know that this is wrong. Why would I ask God about this; it makes no sense.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:24 pm

2 Nephi 32

My name is Michelle.

Michelle,

I don't understand your point. Please help me if I am missing something.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

2 Nephi 32

My name is Michelle.

I do agree that one could get that from his talk; I do not think that was his intent or purpose.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

JuneBug: interesting that the Lord told me to listen this GC to get something. I don't like GC, at least not live. And today is opening day of Muzzleloader elk season here. but, I agreed to stay and listen to get something, what I didn't know, going hunting Monday.

Renlund's COVID Dr stuff, did not set well with me. So, I went to tune him out.

Then the spirit told me to listen to him for a moment. He spoke directly to me and said to quit praying about things you already know, unless of course things have changed. He discussed how JS kept praying about letting Martin take the manuscript and Joseph got what he wanted. During the break I pondered this very carefully and the spirit told me that is what I was to hear.

So your testimony that you must never say pray is out of context and out of bounds as he was trying to say. PERIOD. Ask JS or Martin Harris. I guess taking things out of context always allows us to make heart-felt counter points. While I understand you statement that we pray always (just like repenting daily) it is a figurative statement and doesn't mean pray with "vain repetitions" as Jesus stated was bad and wrong or continue to pray after the Lord provides an answer.

Anyway, he was talking to me and making it clear that he already told me what I needed to know and if I kept petitioning he would let me have what I now saw as better and the result would be same as Joseph and Martin, not really beneficial. But feel free to pray always, repeat and repeat ask again for what you already know, keep on the Lord............................................... that was the message, not don't pray.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
. You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
You're right, no one knows what is coming in the next 2 years. No one. As to who prospers through what is to come, we'll all see soon enough. Apostasy means to stand away from and has nothing to do with being wrong. Historically, those that have "stood apart from" did so because that which they did adhere to had become immoral.

The future will bring it's own evidence and there will no longer be any need to tell others what you think because everyone will know. The current leadership will likely be strengthened in the near future because they are obviously siding with the "winning team". This is why members have been instructed to follow the policies of the UN and every world doctrine today. If you look at it all it is clearly visible. Vaccines, climate religion, gender confusion acceptance, feminism. It's all part of the daily LDS doctrine. It's the truth and there is no denying it.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

JuneBug12000 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:27 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:24 pm

2 Nephi 32

My name is Michelle.

Michelle,

I don't understand your point. Please help me if I am missing something.
Your disappointment is grounded in a logical fallacy.

It’s causing you distress.

Learning how to utilize logic would soothe your pain.

Good luck!

Voyager
captain of 100

Post by Voyager »

Kristin M. Yee's talk on forgiveness was excellent. A lot of truth taught, powerful message and powerful Spirit.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

tribrac wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:35 am Well, I came here because I am struggling and I don't have any friends or family. But after reading what Chris said I guess my only options are to tell my bishop I renounce my membership and then commit suicide.

Thanks for clear directions Chris
We are all your friend. :)

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:45 am
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:43 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:41 am
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:39 am

Oh, let’s not be dramatic, Art.

The forum is full of Christ lovers, some of whom have been deeply traumatized, and focus their pain on the institution. That’s a bit different than “church haters”.
download (7).jpeg
Cute meme. Are you claiming that trauma is a fabrication?
I'm saying that most people who claim to have been traumatized by the church are just trying to justify themselves.
In order to make that claim wouldn’t you need to know most people who claim to have been traumatized by the church? Or are you claiming prophetic gifts? Cause that would be exciting.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:45 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:41 am

download (7).jpeg
I'm saying that most people who claim to have been traumatized by the church are just trying to justify themselves.
In order to make that claim wouldn’t you need to know most people who claim to have been traumatized by the church? Or are you claiming prophetic gifts? Cause that would be exciting.
I have seen the things that people claim to have been traumatized by. It's always been weak sauce.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Whooo…

The false doctrine is strong with Soares.

Good luck forming a partnership that works in the manner he describes.

EDIT:

Doctrine: By divine design husbands are called to preside…

Elder Soares: there is no President and Vice President…

And then he just threw out a definition of preside that’s nonsensical. Ouch.

Edit Two: and is now teaching that women should take jobs and work alongside their husbands to provide based on Adam and Eve’s example.

Tons of damage to families going to result from this talk.
Last edited by endlessQuestions on October 1st, 2022, 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

FrankOne wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
. You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
You're right, no one knows what is coming in the next 2 years. No one. As to who prospers through what is to come, we'll all see soon enough. Apostasy means to stand away from and has nothing to do with being wrong. Historically, those that have "stood apart from" did so because that which they did adhere to had become immoral.

The future will bring it's own evidence and there will no longer be any need to tell others what you think because everyone will know. The current leadership will likely be strengthened in the near future because they are obviously siding with the "winning team". This is why members have been instructed to follow the policies of the UN and every world doctrine today. If you look at it all it is clearly visible. Vaccines, climate religion, gender confusion acceptance, feminism. It's all part of the daily LDS doctrine. It's the truth and there is no denying it.
But that is the thing we can know. I have prayed to know and the Lord showed me. We had a 70 come to stake conference and gave a very boring talk at the end he said i promise you if you will be humble and if you will seek it the Lord will show you what is coming.

I agree at first glance it hate to see what looks like playing ball with the deepstate, i hate the vax and the letters. There is a lot that bothers me too. As i am sure many..... But we need to be understanding. I would like to see them blow off the UN and the deepstate. I would love to see them call fire down from heaven, to rectfy everything. But the Lord only does that at the end. Their is still work to be done. Their is still growth that has to happen. We can give the world the finger get kicked out of nearly every country and then expect to still be able to do the Lord work. He is at the helm it is his call what happens and when and if we have to sit patiently by waiting on the Lord then that is what we need to do.

It is like Jonah. He was justified in not wanting to go and teach the gospel of repentance because he knew it was the very people he was saving that would latercome and destroy the Lord people. That is a understandable feeling, why should i go and save the very people that are going to destroy me..... Right?

Have you ever studied Bishop Koyle. He was a very prophetic man and he speaks of tough times in the church after 3 apostles die in quick succession. ( This is back when 3 dies in 6 months ) He said it would be hard for the church and many would leave. But it still the Lord church and the Lord still in control and the lord sets things right..... Study Koyle he is amazing..... ( however some of the things have been put in wrong )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-dPJc2dPI
http://visionsandtribulation.blogspot.c ... g-of-3.htm

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

OCDMOM wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:43 pm
tribrac wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:35 am Well, I came here because I am struggling and I don't have any friends or family. But after reading what Chris said I guess my only options are to tell my bishop I renounce my membership and then commit suicide.

Thanks for clear directions Chris
We are all your friend. :)
Thanks. I confess I exaggerated a little. I do have a small circle of family for which I am very grateful.

But for me this place serves as a substitute for friends. I think of it as an old time bar or small time cafe like my grandpa took me to long ago. A bunch of broken people gathering together to find a little community to help them deal with life.

It may not be the best, but it is better than something like porn or endless gaming.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:46 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:45 pm

I have seen the things that people claim to have been traumatized by. It's always been weak sauce.
in the most abstract terms, drama is trauma. Trauma is drama which has been magnified by a personal negative reaction.

I realize that saying the above really isn't a truth that is helpful to those that have experienced terrible trauma. The end of any good long term therapeutic treatment goes to teaching that trauma, that doesn't involve physical injury, is rooted in the personal reaction of the "victim".

yet, Here is an example.

Back in ancient times of conquering and pillaging.
Two women are in a hut as they get the news that Vikings are at the edge of the village and are about to rape and pillage the town. One screams in horror at the thought of being raped. The other remains unafraid. After a Viking takes advantage of the second, she asks him..."can I go home with you?" . He smiles and says, yes, Lets go.

It's a crude example, but easily within the realm of possibilities.
One gets traumatized, the other gets her wish. It goes to state of mind as does this entire life.

The average woman would become severely traumatized serving in infantry in a war. The average man, much less. Why? State of mind. Perspective. We're all different.

As stated in the post above, in today's world, trauma seems to be the result of just about anything.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:58 pm Whooo…

EDIT:

Edit Two: and is now teaching that women should take jobs and work alongside their husbands to provide based on Adam and Eve’s example.

His talk is so conflated.

Why is he continually saying "women and men", "wives and husbands". This stupid idea of "no hierarchy" is so incredibly false. The very fact that you put one name in front of the other IS a hierarchy.

Not a good talk at all.

Great8
captain of 100

Post by Great8 »

Voyager wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:42 pm Kristin M. Yee's talk on forgiveness was excellent. A lot of truth taught, powerful message and powerful Spirit.
Is she gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I think Yee is Sharon's replacement from Disney.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

spiritMan wrote: October 1st, 2022, 3:12 pm
endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:58 pm Whooo…

EDIT:

His talk is so conflated.

Why is he continually saying "women and men", "wives and husbands". This stupid idea of "no hierarchy" is so incredibly false. The very fact that you put one name in front of the other IS a hierarchy.

Not a good talk at all.
Worse than that. Generational damage due to this talk. On par with 14 Fundamentals damage.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Elder Christofferson, ending on a strong note regarding our relationship to Christ. 👍🏻

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

best conference in a looooooong time. Glad to see the prophet condemn pedophiles go russell