General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Subcomandante »

"We don't have to go to Mozambique or India or go before kings and rulers" - Invitation to all the members to share the Book of Mormon to their friends and families...

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Artaxerxes »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:39 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:36 am
BuriedTartaria wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:33 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:29 am

You're really claiming that the criticisms are just people who love the church? Really?

So it's the anti-LDS freedom forum?
You're putting words in my mouth. I'm not going back and forth with you. True Blue Mormons and their vulnerable prophets, seers and revelators are the most thin-skinned, victim-complex religious group out there. They look for the angle of how they are being wronged in literally everything
This entire forum is chock full of church haters complaining about every single thing the church does. You're projecting.
Oh, let’s not be dramatic, Art.

The forum is full of Christ lovers, some of whom have been deeply traumatized, and focus their pain on the institution. That’s a bit different than “church haters”.
download (7).jpeg
download (7).jpeg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 547 times

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
EvanLM wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:17 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:30 am There is a lot of confusion about what is right and what is wrong, but when you honestly seek the truth, eternal, unchanging truth, the options become clearer" - Elder Uchtdorf
what he says is so unhelpful . . .he doesn't tell them directly how to seek Jesus but it will just happen if they think it . . . .the ruby slippers

so my SS teacher who is around 45-50 years old, tells us in a lesson that he is mad cuz no one answered his questions in his youth.

He has been a seminary teacher and now is in the bishopric

my point: who is supposed to tell him anything? manuals, conference talks, older members, seminary teachers, etc? How did the early saints come to Christ without all of this media in our church? hmmmmmm c'mon tell me

How did JS learn that he could pray to God . . .did he say he realized it after seeing a film produced by the church.? I honestly cannot remember the majority of the people in the church telling me that they were inspired by scripture. I don't hear few questions answered with scripture but instead by words of man.

Why the heck would anyone expect his elders to tell him the answer to all his doctrinal and spiritual questions.? and now his message to the next generation . . .rely on me . . I got it now . . I know the answers cuz I have asked enough . . .what did JS do I ask you?

I'm tired of endless stories and media . . give me some scriptures at conference and please tell me that it works if you follow them . . not just a short verse taken out of context but the whole context . . it works . .learn it . . please
We are not expected to have the elders or anyone answer all the questions. That's why we have the Scriptures and personal revelation to be our guide. And minimal effort to find those answers will result in minimum results.
so this is like saying that you agree with me . . scriptures . . right?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

By divine design… been seeing that in a lot of different places lately…

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:40 am "We don't have to go to Mozambique or India or go before kings and rulers" - Invitation to all the members to share the Book of Mormon to their friends and families...

The standard in our scriptures say otherwise.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:33 am
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am You guys are like a bunch of teenage girls bashing the fat kid you dont like. I still dont understand why you watch conference if you dont believe it? Most of you have made covenants that you have pissed in the wind. God will not be mocked and you will account for the constant bashing of the brethren. Whether you think you will or not. You are cutting your self off Just like Joseph said would happen.

You sound like the children of israel of old. WHO is MOSES?, How dare he ask us to listen to him, who the hell does he think he is. What a prick asking us to come out to this hell hole. It would have been better for us to remain in egypt and serve pharaoh...... right.

Let it go if you want to apostatize move on. But i guess another Joseph prophecy fullfiled right, people can leave the church but they cant leave it alone.

Like a bunch of bitter old women who are scorned you sit and poke and murmur...... You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
If Moses was the wealthy leader of a multi billion dollar corporation, I wouldn’t have followed him. But he wasn’t. He was a prophet that prophesied and performed miracles. Prophets prophesy and perform miracles out in the open. The scriptures testify of this.
I would say you can go back through all scriptures and most prophets or at minimum the majority where well to do and yes some wealthy. No one should be judged on if they are successful in life........Remember Moses most of his life lived a privelaged life.......most where.....

Joseph had many miracles he did not share infact he was very guarded, as is the prophets. Today i have shared 2 expereinces i have had just in my life where 2 GA performed miracles. just in my life, but they do not share it

To claim miracles are not done in the church today by the brethren the only way you can believe that is burying your head in the sand an refusing to see....... The Lord tells his servants not to cast their pearls.

You should really listen to this talk and tell me i am wrong. Do you think this great apostle is lying? https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/matthew-cowley/miracles/

Just so you know too, President RMN will perform some miracles in our day, that will be greater than Moses's as the bible says no more will they be talking about Moses

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:41 am
BuriedTartaria wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:33 am

You're putting words in my mouth. I'm not going back and forth with you. True Blue Mormons and their vulnerable prophets, seers and revelators are the most thin-skinned, victim-complex religious group out there. They look for the angle of how they are being wronged in literally everything
This entire forum is chock full of church haters complaining about every single thing the church does. You're projecting.

The forum is full of Christ lovers, some of whom have been deeply traumatized, and focus their pain on the institution. That’s a bit different than “church haters”.
download (7).jpeg
Cute meme. Are you claiming that trauma is a fabrication?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:42 am
Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:21 am You guys are like a bunch of teenage girls bashing the fat kid you dont like. I still dont understand why you watch conference if you dont believe it? Most of you have made covenants that you have pissed in the wind. God will not be mocked and you will account for the constant bashing of the brethren. Whether you think you will or not. You are cutting your self off Just like Joseph said would happen.

You sound like the children of israel of old. WHO is MOSES?, How dare he ask us to listen to him, who the hell does he think he is. What a prick asking us to come out to this hell hole. It would have been better for us to remain in egypt and serve pharaoh...... right.

Let it go if you want to apostatize move on. But i guess another Joseph prophecy fullfiled right, people can leave the church but they cant leave it alone.

Like a bunch of bitter old women who are scorned you sit and poke and murmur...... You guys have no clue what is coming in the next 2 years. The world will be turned upside down and one of the reasons they are emphazing following the prophet is because they will be some of the only people left.
If Moses was the wealthy leader of a multi billion dollar corporation, I wouldn’t have followed him. But he wasn’t. He was a prophet that prophesied and performed miracles. Prophets prophesy and perform miracles out in the open. The scriptures testify of this.
I would say you can go back through all scriptures and most prophets or at minimum the majority where well to do and yes some wealthy. No one should be judged on if they are successful in life........Remember Moses most of his life lived a privelaged life.......most where.....

Joseph had many miracles he did not share infact he was very guarded, as is the prophets. Today i have shared 2 expereinces i have had just in my life where 2 GA performed miracles. just in my life, but they do not share it

To claim miracles are not done in the church today by the brethren the only way you can believe that is burying your head in the sand an refusing to see....... The Lord tells his servants not to cast their pearls.

You should really listen to this talk and tell me i am wrong. Do you think this great apostle is lying? https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/matthew-cowley/miracles/

Just so you know too, President RMN will perform some miracles in our day, that will be greater than Moses's as the bible says no more will they be talking about Moses
President Nelson will likely pass away in the next two years.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

President Nelson speaking now...

Additional godly power comes to the world comes with each new temples...

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Church News article that was released right after Uchtdorf’s talk

https://www.thechurchnews.com/members/2 ... rchnews-en

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Wow, Elder Rasband actually managed to give a really good talk this time around. I agree with his point - we need to share the Book of Mormon with the world. The need has indeed never been greater.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

"Any kind of abuse of women or children or anyone is an abomination to the Lord." President Nelson. "Anyone who commits abuse are not only accountable to the laws of man but to the wrath of God Almighty"

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:43 am
Artaxerxes wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:41 am

download (7).jpeg
Cute meme. Are you claiming that trauma is a fabrication?
I'm saying that most people who claim to have been traumatized by the church are just trying to justify themselves.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Church News article that was released right after Uchtdorf’s talk

Attachments
4AD1777E-EC3C-4680-AE07-55817DA427E1.jpeg
4AD1777E-EC3C-4680-AE07-55817DA427E1.jpeg (532.67 KiB) Viewed 470 times

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:44 am Church News article that was released right after Uchtdorf’s talk

Whoever put out that graphic must be part of the Rainbow Jihad.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

#LiveYourTruth is wishful thinking for those who believe they will not be held accountable" - President Nelson. "God is the source of all truth, whether learned in a scientific laboratory or through personal revelation"

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Still love that President Nelson ALWAYS encourages us to pray to receive confirmation.
Last edited by endlessQuestions on October 1st, 2022, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Truth comes from a scientific laboratory

Well that’s bINGO for me

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Go home Chris, and take your condescending lectures with you.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Chris wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:42 am

Why such a lack of prophecies since Joseph?
Tell me, when do you think Nelson will start prophesying and performing miracles?
Or was the prophecy today the new pamphlet for the youth?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

All you guys that are talking about the new FSY pamphlet and its "rainbow" imagery,

Stop being triggered by this.

Below is the Aymara flag of Bolivia. Keep in mind that this community is NOT LGBT friendly.

The FSY pamphlet looks more like this than an incomplete rendering of the Cuzco flag, shown below.
Attachments
Cuzco Flag.JPG
Cuzco Flag.JPG (16.37 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Aymara flag.png
Aymara flag.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 649 times

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

J2 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:55 am Elder Renlund: I didn't need to pray about it, because only the prophet receives revelation for the church.

WOW.

So we shouldn't ask God for confirmation of another person's truth claims? This is appallingly bad.
He's completely right. There is zero need to pray about things that are blatantly out of order. You already know they aren't true.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:45 am "Any kind of abuse of women or children or anyone is an abomination to the Lord." President Nelson. "Anyone who commits abuse are not only accountable to the laws of man but to the wrath of God Almighty"
Good. Then then stop telling your lawyers to tell bishops not to call the authorities. Please apologize for this grave error.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

tribrac wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:50 am Go home Chris, and take your condescending lectures with you.
Yeah. This forum is meant to be an echo chamber. How dare you disagree with the church haters?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:45 am "Any kind of abuse of women or children or anyone is an abomination to the Lord." President Nelson. "Anyone who commits abuse are not only accountable to the laws of man but to the wrath of God Almighty"

.... but we need to not call the police when it happens. Just call our lawyers instead to have them cover it all up.

Like I keep saying:

BOTH. SIDES. OF. THEIR. MOUTHS.
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on October 1st, 2022, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.