General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

General Conference October 2022 - Saturday Live Thread and Recap

Post by Subcomandante »

The conference has started, President Henry B. Eyring directing.

Remarks:

Looks like a full house for choir, no masks present. A LOT of empty seating in the upper rows.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Christianlee »

Michigan will beat Iowa.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: General Conference October 2022 - Rumors, Predictions, Live Thread, and Recap

Post by Pazooka »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:04 am The conference has started, President Henry B. Eyring directing.

Remarks:

Looks like a full house for choir, no masks present. A LOT of empty seating in the upper rows.
No masks because everyone attending conference was required to have a negative Covid test

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:09 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:04 am The conference has started, President Henry B. Eyring directing.

Remarks:

No masks because everyone attending conference was required to have a negative Covid test
Seriously?

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

President Oaks is apparently speaking first. Unusual.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

My Master:

“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”

My next prophet:

“Hey everyone, look at us, we gave almost a billion dollars to help the needy!”

What am I missing?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:11 am
Pazooka wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:09 am

Remarks:

Seriously?
That’s what the people coming in for Covid tests, yesterday, said

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:01 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:50 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:30 am Having the ability to declare Jesus as your Savior is exhibiting the spirit of prophecy (Rev 19:10). Does it make someone a leader of an entire body of believers? Hardly. These are small-p prophets, people that have stewardship over their own families. The big-P prophets, those are the ones God calls upon to warn all the people.
And your supposed big Ps are not warning the people. Rather the opposite, they are spiritually and physically killing the flock.
Will the big Ps prophesy today at conference? No, but they will probably change some policies and fool many into thinking that it’s prophesying.
No but the first Big P to speak is bragging about how much money ("almost one Billion!") we donated to the poor last year.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:20 am My Master:

“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”

My next prophet:

What am I missing?
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, it would appear.

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

My next prophet:

What am I missing?
Yeah his talk made me cringe.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Hosh wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:22 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:30 am Having the ability to declare Jesus as your Savior is exhibiting the spirit of prophecy (Rev 19:10). Does it make someone a leader of an entire body of believers? Hardly. These are small-p prophets, people that have stewardship over their own families. The big-P prophets, those are the ones God calls upon to warn all the people.
And your supposed big Ps are not warning the people. Rather the opposite, they are spiritually and physically killing the flock.
Will the big Ps prophesy today at conference? No, but they will probably change some policies and fool many into thinking that it’s prophesying.
No but the first Big P to speak is bragging about how much money ("almost one Billion!") we donated to the poor last year.
The members do deserve to know how their money is being spent. Clot shots for the poor?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

This is actually quite a sum of money compared with previous years.

President Oaks was telling people that people don't have to be directed by the Church in order to do good works to help other people.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:30 am
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 7:21 am
Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:44 am
Mamabear wrote: October 1st, 2022, 6:32 am “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time PAST unto the fathers by the PROPHETS,
Hath in these LAST DAYS SPOKEN UNTO US BY HIS SON, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” Hebrews 1:1-2
And yet prophets continued to be called, and prophesied, during the time of the New Testament.
Christ desires to speak to all people in these last days directly and that all would prophesy.

One can/could consider himself a prophet because he had prophecies.

“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 14:37

“Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.”
1 Corinthians 14:1

“I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied.” 1 Corinthians 14:5

This follows the words of Moses, “And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!”
Numbers 11:29

Can you imagine this language today given by the 12? “I would that all would prophesy.”
No, they would never utter such a thing.
There are many prophets who are not called by a church, who commune with Christ. This is the Lord’s way.
Having the ability to declare Jesus as your Savior is exhibiting the spirit of prophecy (Rev 19:10). Does it make someone a leader of an entire body of believers? Hardly. These are small-p prophets, people that have stewardship over their own families. The big-P prophets, those are the ones God calls upon to warn all the people.
There’s literally no such thing as small-p and big-p prophets. Hebrew doesn’t even have capital letters for starters. I know that you’re using a figure of speech, but the idea is still ridiculous.

Leaders of the Church are just leaders. That is the distinction that should be made. Their duty is to seek and exercise the gifts of prophecy, and what have you, but this is no more than any of us are called to do.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:22 am

My next prophet:

What am I missing?
How so? I don’t understand…

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Now speaking: President Uchtdorf...it looks like he will be speaking with the youth...

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:24 am
The members do deserve to know how their money is being spent. Clot shots for the poor?
If you care about knowing where your money is going, donate it directly to the poor yourself. Giving it to the church and turning a blind eye is not the best way to help those in need.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

endlessismyname wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:25 am

My next prophet:

What am I missing?
(Church is quiet on figures): Hey, I see your beautiful temples, but what do you do to help the poor?!?

(Church reveals figures): Hey, stop revealing what you do! You aren't supposed to show that to the world!

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

from Oaks comments, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the members aren't "called upon" to help all those "inside and outside" the church with their substance aka food storage/preps. Delivered to the UN for redistribution in order to deplete the self-sustaining strength of the members. "We're all in this tragedy together". I say this in regards to a future event.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Elder Uchtdorf telling the youth not to expect Christ to justify your mistakes or your attitudes, but will work with them to change them.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Hosh wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:26 am
Christianlee wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:24 am

If you care about knowing where your money is going, donate it directly to the poor yourself. Giving it to the church and turning a blind eye is not the best way to help those in need.
That’s what I do.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

There is a lot of confusion about what is right and what is wrong, but when you honestly seek the truth, eternal, unchanging truth, the options become clearer" - Elder Uchtdorf

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:26 am

My next prophet:

What am I missing?
(Church is quiet on figures): Hey, I see your beautiful temples, but what do you do to help the poor?!?

(Church reveals figures): Hey, stop revealing what you do! You aren't supposed to show that to the world!
No one is begging the church for numbers. They didn't reveal anything just now we didn't already know. They gave less than 1% of what they have to the poor and the needy while spending much much more building temples, investing in Babylon, building luxury shopping malls, etc.
Last edited by Hosh on October 1st, 2022, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:26 am

My next prophet:

What am I missing?

Ah, I see. I’m not worried about what dissatisfied members say. My post is about what my Master taught, vs. what President Oaks did. Any thoughts about that?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Subcomandante wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:27 am Elder Uchtdorf telling the youth not to expect Christ to justify your mistakes or your attitudes, but will work with them to change them.
And this is exactly why the pro-LGBTQ Mormons teach that being gay is not a mistake, and there is no need to change anything about their orientation, while telling us homophobes that our attitudes are the things that need to change.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Nice rainbow colors on that cover, Elder Uchtdorf.