News You Can Use

Discuss political news items / current events.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: News You Can Use

Post by mes5464 »

Detransitioners: Mangling Your Body Is A Sickness, Not A Cure

“The Detransition Diaries: Saving Our Sisters” is a cautionary tale that exposes not only how influential the spread of trans ideology is on social media and in doctors’ offices, schools, and therapy sessions, but also how that same ideology weaponizes vulnerable young women’s identity struggle against them.

The film from the Center for Bioethics and Culture documents the testimonies of three women — Helena, Cat, and Grace — who went through various forms of so-called “gender-affirming” prescriptions and procedures only to discover that the wrongly named “treatments” marketed to make them feel better about their bodies did more harm than good.

The featured women do not shy away from mentioning the irreversible procedures and damage this mutilative movement had on their bodies and souls, but they also don’t leave viewers feeling hopelessly doomed in a world that works overtime to normalize the destruction of healthy bodies.

Liberals attack New York Times over article documenting adolescents who regret transgender operations - TheBlaze

Both the Times and Ghorayshi were assailed on social media.

"So... conservatives lie about genital surgeries, people on the left tell the truth about genital surgeries... and, uh... something something both sides?" responded activist Parker Molloy.

"This is transphobic fearmongering, even if unintentional, and there's no reason to focus on top surgery specifically except to stoke cultural flames for attention," replied another critic.

"This isn’t journalism. It’s a non-story. It exists to create a controversy to mollify cisgender peoples biases. To create a permission structure for us on the left to ignore the state repression of parents with transkids and trans families," read another tweet.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

'We are done tolerating the ... sexualization of our children': Armed protests arise outside 'all ages' drag bingo event hosted by Texas church - TheBlaze

The purpose of the bingo event — and the adults-only drag show later that night — was to raise funds for the church's "Transparent Closet," a resource where "trans and exploring teens, youth and young adults" can find cross-sex clothing, shoes, and accessories such as makeup.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Fired physician assistant claims diversity head called her evil for not using preferred pronouns | Just The News

Aphysician assistant at a University of Michigan hospital in west Michigan alleges she was told she was evil and was responsible for the suicide of transgender people by the health system's director of diversity and was later fired because she refused to acknowledge the preferred pronouns of patients.

The First Liberty Institute, a nonprofit legal organization, spelled out Valerie Kloosterman's grievances against the University of Michigan Health-West hospital system in a Sept. 27 letter that demands Kloosterman be rehired. First Liberty claims that Kloosterman's religious rights were violated.

The letter claims that Kloosterman declined to use preferred pronouns of transgender people and instead referred to them by their first name. She also was not willing to refer patients for gender reassignment surgery, citing her Christian faith.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

BREAKING: First Arrest Made in Utah Ritualistic Child Sex Abuse Case - Authorities Expect More Arrests Coming (VIDEO)

Back in July, Utah County Sheriff’s office announced that County Attorney David Leavitt and his wife were subjects of a child sex abuse investigation approximately 10 years ago involving ritualistic sexual abuse. Dozens of victims stepped forward at the time to make allegations against at least 15 members of the community.

The alleged sex ring operated in Utah, Juab, and Sanpete counties in Utah between 1990 and 2010.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Federal Research On Manipulating Brains Should Worry Us All

Last week, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) launched its “BRAIN 2.0” initiative (Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnology), ramping up an existing program started eight years ago. Comparable to the Human Genome Project in scope and scale, BRAIN 2.0 grants $600 million to fully map our 86 billion neurons and their uncounted connections. The project is expected to reach a grand total cost of $5 billion by 2026.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Library Says Kids' Book About Masturbation Will Stay On Shelves

The public librarians said the book aimed at prepubescent kids ‘encourages dialog between a child and trusted adult’ about masturbation, anal exploration, and more.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Berkeley Develops Jewish-Free Zones

Nine different law student groups at the University of California at Berkeley’s School of Law, my own alma mater, have begun this new academic year by amending bylaws to ensure that they will never invite any speakers that support Israel or Zionism. And these are not groups that represent only a small percentage of the student population. They include Women of Berkeley Law, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, Middle Eastern and North African Law Students Association, Law Students of African Descent and the Queer Caucus. Berkeley Law’s Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, a progressive Zionist, has observed that he himself would be banned under this standard, as would 90% of his Jewish students.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

FBI allegedly engaging in 'purge' of conservative employees, retaliating against whistleblowers: Jim Jordan | Fox News

The FBI is allegedly engaging in a "purge" of employees with conservative viewpoints and retaliating against whistleblowers who have made protected disclosures to Congress by revoking security clearances, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee Rep. Jim Jordan told Fox News Digital.

Jordan, R-Ohio, said that more than a dozen FBI whistleblowers have come to him and Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee with allegations of misconduct within the FBI.

Jordan and Republicans have been investigating "serious allegations of abuse and misconduct within the senior leadership of the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

Jordan, in a letter exclusively obtained by Fox News Digital, and written to FBI executive assistant director of the Human Resources branch Jennifer Moore, the congressman says he has received information of retaliation against FBI employees who have confidentially reported alleged misconduct to Congress.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

AOC Says Abortion is an 'Economic Issue' Because Raising Kids Forces Parents to 'Work More Against Their Will'

“Abortion is an economic issue,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “Forcing poor and working-class people to give birth against their will, against their consent, against their ability to provide for themselves or a child, is a profound economic issue and it’s certainly a way to keep a workforce basically conscripted to large-scale employers and to employers to work more against their will, to take second and third jobs against their desire and their own autonomy.”

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

72% of Utahns Support Same Sex Marriage

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/29/ ... rriage-act

Someday an academic or commentator will point to this and say "the church leadership warned the saints, but the members didn't listen".

And it will be lost to history that it was the church who led the change from behind.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Politico's founding editor calls for rewriting of Constitution to prevent 2024 Trump win - TheBlaze

Harris argued "a new constitutional consensus" is needed in order to prevent Americans from voting for this candidate to whom he is personally opposed and to make progress "on issues ranging from climate change to ensuring that technology giants act in the public interest."

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Bill Lets California Strip Gender-Confused Teens From Parents

Under Senate Bill 107 introduced by San Francisco-area State Sen. Scott Wiener, California will now become a “refuge” for trans-identifying minors who seek irreversible medical treatment for gender dysphoria. The legislation was supposedly aimed at blocking red states from enforcing laws barring extreme treatments for underage victims, and instead invited those minors to seek surgeries in California.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Schoolgirls Banned From Locker Room For Refusing To Change With Boy

A high school in Vermont banned girls on its volleyball team from their own locker room after they expressed discomfort with changing in front of a male who pretends to be a female.

Teen girls on the Randolph Union High School volleyball team said a male student claiming to be transgender reportedly “made an inappropriate comment while members of the volleyball team were getting changed.”

When players and their parents raised concerns about teen girls sharing intimate spaces with someone of the opposite sex, the school told them state law allows for students claiming to be transgender to use whichever bathrooms and locker rooms they desire. The school is also investigating whether the team violated the school’s harassment, hazing, and bullying policy.

“My mom wants me to do this interview to try to make a change,” one of the volleyball girls, Blake Allen, told local news outlet WCAX3. “I feel like for stating my opinion — that I don’t want a biological man changing with me — that I should not have harassment charges or bullying charges. They should all be dropped.”

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Scientific Censorship: Climate Fanatics Urge Removal of Study Questioning Evidence of a "Climate Crisis" - The New American

Claiming that four Italian scientists who published a peer-reviewed paper earlier this year finding that there is not yet evidence of any “climate crisis” wrote the study in “bad faith,” climate fanatic scientists are urging that the journal that published the study remove it from public view.

The study in question comes to the conclusion that the so-called “climate crisis” that the mainstream media say is already upon us is not evident — at least yet — and that it is counterproductive to claim that such a crisis exists.

The study, done by four Italian scientists — physicist Gianluca Alimonti, professor of agrometeorology Luigi Mariani, atmospheric physicist Franco Prodi, and physicist Renato Angelo Ricci — states that “the climate crisis that, according to many sources, we are experiencing today, is not evident yet.”

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Report: Chinese communists operating covert police operations in the US, Canada, and Europe - TheBlaze

Safeguard Defenders, a European pan-Asian human rights NGO, issued a September report entitled "110 Overseas: Chinese Transnational Policing Gone Wild," detailing how the communist Chinese regime has employed "overseas police service stations" on five continents.

On January 22, Liu Rongyan, director of the Overseas Chinese Police Office of the Public Security Bureau in Fuzhou City, announced that the "first batch" of 30 overseas police services in 25 cities across 21 countries had been opened. There are now reportedly 54 such CCP-backed centers.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

tribrac wrote: September 30th, 2022, 9:08 am 72% of Utahns Support Same Sex Marriage

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/9/29/ ... rriage-act

Someday an academic or commentator will point to this and say "the church leadership warned the saints, but the members didn't listen".

And it will be lost to history that it was the church who led the change from behind.
They'd better make the Salt Lake Temple Fire and Brimstone proof next...

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

South Africans Describe Widespread Leftist Corruption, Warn of What's Coming

“We exist because the South African state is falling apart, and people are left without basic services,” Kleynhans said. “Things aren’t collapsing because of anything other than politics, and it hurts people of all races, our country is run by left-wing zealots and their policies are divisive and destructive. I hope America can recover from its left-wing insanities but America seems to be on the track to experience what we are going through.”

“In my travels in America I run into people who seem to think that things are about to return to normal. People naively think that when left-wing zealots take power, that at some point they will be forced by economics or politics or reality to submit to reality again and I am here to say that is not your future. In South Africa we have been waiting decades for things to return to normal, and let me tell you that when your country is taken over by left-wing zealots, things will only get worse and worse.”

“We are facing record illegal immigration and many of them are black Muslims. I fear what our Marxian elites are doing is setting up a future conflict between our country’s black Christians and black Muslims. As long as we have left-wing control, we will be divided by class or race or religion and pitted against each other to preserve left-wing political power.”

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Libs accidentally recreate 'Handmaid's Tale' with a more nightmarish twist - TheBlaze

"The Handmaid's Tale" is a story of a dystopian future in the United States where women are reduced to property of the state, birth rates plummet, and natural disasters threaten humanity.

"The Handmaid's Tale" and reality converge in the New York State courts, where two homosexual men are suing over the "right" to the female reproductive potential of women. "Steve Deace Show" host Steve Deace offered analysis, pointing out that while some paint heterosexual men as villains on a mission to enslave women, and the left paints conservative ideals as the villians' motivation, the reality could suggest that homosexual men will be the group to ultimately and effectively erase women.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Slippery slope: New York City judge argues the 'time has arrived' to legally recognize polyamory relationships - TheBlaze

The case involves three men and a dispute with an apartment building company. Scott Anderson and Markyus O'Neill lived together in a New York City Apartment. Anderson held the lease and was married to another man, Robert Romano, who lived at a different address. After Anderson died, the apartment building company argued that O'Neill did not have a right to renew the lease because he was just Anderson's "roommate." But O'Neill contends he was a "non-traditional family member" who should have the right to renew the lease.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

‘Anarchist’ Middle School English Teacher Admits He Wants to ‘Burn Down the Entire System’ After Previously Being Exposed for ‘Woke’ Indoctrination of Students … ‘F**k’ the Parents … ‘I’m Your Parent Now’ | Project Veritas

Tyler Wrynn, Will Rogers Middle School English Teacher: “I am an anarchist.”

Wrynn: “So, I have a rather large TikTok following. I’m an authority figure. So, I [publish] a Christmas message of, ‘Hey, if your parents don’t love and support you for who you are this Christmas, f**k them. I’m your parent now. I love you. Drink some water. I’m proud of you.’”

Wrynn: “The only thing that's a problem here [in Oklahoma] is that House Bill 1775 or something. I can get my license revoked for it, for being too woke…

Trust me, I want to burn down the entire system.”

Wrynn: “Eventually, you want to remove Christianity -- or religion [as a whole] -- from progressive thought, because religion is inherently hierarchical.”

Wrynn responded to James O'Keefe on a phone call when asked about the recording: "If I speak about religion in the classroom I can get it [teaching license] revoked, yes. But I don’t."

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

UN Official Tells World Economic Forum: "We Own the Science" - The New American

During the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Sustainable Development Impact Meetings in September, UN Undersecretary-General for Global Communications Melissa Fleming made some interesting comments regarding what she referred to as “disinformation” and “fake news” as it pertains to climate change, Covid-19, and social media.

The specific panel was titled “Tackling Disinformation,” and the panelists included CNN’s Rachel Smolkin and Claire Wardle, a Brown University professor who is supposedly an expert on disinformation.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Lawsuit: SMUD and Sacramento Police Violate State Law and Utility Customers’ Privacy by Sharing Data Without a Warrant | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Utility data has historically provided a detailed picture of what occurs within a home. The advent of smart utility meters has only enhanced that image. Smart meters provide usage information in increments of 15 minutes or less; this granular information is beamed wirelessly to the utility several times each day and can be stored in the utility’s databases for years. As that data accumulates over time, it can provide inferences about private daily routines such as what devices are being used, when they are in use, and how this changes over time.

The California Public Utilities Code says public utilities generally “shall not share, disclose, or otherwise make accessible to any third party a customer’s electrical consumption data ....” except “as required under federal or state law.” The California Public Records Act prohibits public utilities from disclosing consumer data, except “pon court order or the request of a law enforcement agency relative to an ongoing investigation.”

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

More Studies Confirm the COVID Jab Does More Harm Than Good

A peer-reviewed scientific review in the Journal of Insulin Resistance, written by cardiologist Dr. Aseem Malhotra, calls for the immediate suspension of all COVID shots as real-world data show they cause more harm than good

Data from Israel shows myocarditis post-jab is occurring at a rate of 1 in 6,000. Hong Kong data from male children and teens found a rate of 1 in 2,700

Data from the British Yellow Card system shows 1 in 120 people who have received at least one mRNA injection suffer an adverse event “that is beyond mild.” In Norway, the rate of serious adverse events post-jab is 1 in 1,000 after two doses of Pfizer

Researchers looking at data from the FDA, Health Canada and the Pfizer and Moderna trials concluded the absolute risk of a serious adverse event from the mRNA shots was 1 in 800, which massively exceeds the risk of COVID-19 hospitalization found in randomized controlled trials

Leaked audio from a June 2022 meeting between Israeli researchers and the Israeli Ministry of Healthy reveals the Pfizer jab causes long-term adverse effects and is associated with more severe side effects upon rechallenge (i.e., with repeated doses). While the researchers wanted to warn the public, the Ministry altered their final report to say that adverse effects are mild and short-lived. The government then canceled any further research into adverse effects