Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Post Reply
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on 8th October at Little America Hotel in SLC

I've been to a few of them an have enjoyed many of the speakers. For instance, they invited Dr. Steve Jones to present a few years ago. In recent years they have changed their meeting to the morning of the Saturday following GC.

This year, they are meeting in the ballroom of the Little America Hotel, located at 555 South Main Street, SLC, UT. 7:00 to 7:30 am check in and seating. Breakfast and program from 7:30 to 11:30 am. You can apparently go for free, but need to pay $50 for the breakfast if sign up prior to meeting (check received by by 4 Oct.), $55 at the door. They also encourage voluntary contributions to pay for expenses (airfare for presenters, renting the ballroom, etc.)

Speakers will be Sen Mike Lee who is running against Evan McMuffin for the Repubican nomination, apparently; Lea Southwell who has run a business in Chile for a number of years and has a lot to say about what is going on there; finally, William (Bill) Jasper, the Senior Editor of the New American magazine (JBS), speaking (I assume) on the Great Reset, etc.

I'm going to hear what Mike Lee has to say in that setting, to include what his take on Trump and especially Mitt Romney, etc., may be.

The Newquist Group web site is way out of date, but the contact for Dave Jorgensen who runs the group, gave his email as: david@bedrockquartz.com, via which you can probably sign up for the breakfast, if you so desire.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:25 pm Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on 8th October at Little America Hotel in SLC

I've been to a few of them an have enjoyed many of the speakers. For instance, they invited Dr. Steve Jones to present a few years ago. In recent years they have changed their meeting to the morning of the Saturday following GC.

This year, they are meeting in the ballroom of the Little America Hotel, located at 555 South Main Street, SLC, UT. 7:00 to 7:30 am check in and seating. Breakfast and program from 7:30 to 11:30 am. You can apparently go for free, but need to pay $50 for the breakfast if sign up prior to meeting (check received by by 4 Oct.), $55 at the door. They also encourage voluntary contributions to pay for expenses (airfare for presenters, renting the ballroom, etc.)

Speakers will be Sen Mike Lee who is running against Evan McMuffin for the Repubican nomination, apparently; Lea Southwell who has run a business in Chile for a number of years and has a lot to say about what is going on there; finally, William (Bill) Jasper, the Senior Editor of the New American magazine (JBS), speaking (I assume) on the Great Reset, etc.

I'm going to hear what Mike Lee has to say in that setting, to include what his take on Trump and especially Mitt Romney, etc., may be.

The Newquist Group web site is way out of date, but the contact for Dave Jorgensen who runs the group, gave his email as: david@bedrockquartz.com, via which you can probably sign up for the breakfast, if you so desire.
Bump

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: September 30th, 2022, 1:36 pm
larsenb wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:25 pm Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on 8th October at Little America Hotel in SLC

I've been to a few of them an have enjoyed many of the speakers. For instance, they invited Dr. Steve Jones to present a few years ago. In recent years they have changed their meeting to the morning of the Saturday following GC.

This year, they are meeting in the ballroom of the Little America Hotel, located at 555 South Main Street, SLC, UT. 7:00 to 7:30 am check in and seating. Breakfast and program from 7:30 to 11:30 am. You can apparently go for free, but need to pay $50 for the breakfast if sign up prior to meeting (check received by by 4 Oct.), $55 at the door. They also encourage voluntary contributions to pay for expenses (airfare for presenters, renting the ballroom, etc.)

Speakers will be Sen Mike Lee who is running against Evan McMuffin for the Repubican nomination, apparently; Lea Southwell who has run a business in Chile for a number of years and has a lot to say about what is going on there; finally, William (Bill) Jasper, the Senior Editor of the New American magazine (JBS), speaking (I assume) on the Great Reset, etc.

I'm going to hear what Mike Lee has to say in that setting, to include what his take on Trump and especially Mitt Romney, etc., may be.

The Newquist Group web site is way out of date, but the contact for Dave Jorgensen who runs the group, gave his email as: david@bedrockquartz.com, via which you can probably sign up for the breakfast, if you so desire.
Bump
bump once more

User avatar
cyclOps
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1077

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by cyclOps »

Are you going to return and report?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

cyclOps wrote: October 5th, 2022, 12:31 am Are you going to return and report?
I'm going, provided I can get up in time; and I'm normally inclined to report on such things. So probably. My main interest would be to get a more personal line and take on Mike Lee . . . . to get his perspective on as much as he's willing to impart.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:17 pm
cyclOps wrote: October 5th, 2022, 12:31 am Are you going to return and report?
I'm going, provided I can get up in time; and I'm normally inclined to report on such things. So probably. My main interest would be to get a more personal line and take on Mike Lee . . . . to get his perspective on as much as he's willing to impart.
If you go, how can I recognize you? Maybe the one-eyed thing, or that you may arrive on a dirt bike? ;)

I'll be the white-haired guy that still is trying to pass for being his his twenties. 8-)

User avatar
cyclOps
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1077

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by cyclOps »

larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 6:00 pm
larsenb wrote: October 5th, 2022, 1:17 pm
cyclOps wrote: October 5th, 2022, 12:31 am Are you going to return and report?
I'm going, provided I can get up in time; and I'm normally inclined to report on such things. So probably. My main interest would be to get a more personal line and take on Mike Lee . . . . to get his perspective on as much as he's willing to impart.
If you go, how can I recognize you? Maybe the one-eyed thing, or that you may arrive on a dirt bike? ;)

I'll be the white-haired guy that still is trying to pass for being his his twenties. 8-)
The one eyed thing would make me stand out haha. I can’t go as I have other commitments Saturday morning. That’s why I’m curious to hear what you may share about what is said.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

I was re-reading my Newquist Group breakfast flyer and realized you may have to pay the $55 breakfast fee (at the door price) to gain entry. No free entry, I believe.

Apologies if I misled anyone on this.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

A good meeting.

Sen. Mike lee is a good man, thoroughly understanding the battle lines, the main one being between those fighting for freedom, to include responsible individual freedom and those pushing for 'equality' (forced), 'diversity', and social justice (forced) . . . . and basically what the Constitution was designed to protect.

He also delved into what he has done to both educate and rally his fellow Congressmen to prevent cloture for the recent House Bill H.R.8404, the "Respect for Marriage Act", which "would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law" . He outlined about 5 dangers he saw in the bill, the worst of which would be to effectively remove the tax exempt status for religions that opposed same-sex-marriage. Then went into what he did among his fellow Congressmen to educate them about these dangers and to prevent it from even coming to a vote in the Senate.

He also mentioned a subtle and deceptive amendment to the Senate version of the bill put forth by his fellow colleague in the Senate to neutralize his efforts to stop the bill. Of course, we all knew he was referring to the Mitster . . . . which clearly indicated his attitude toward this man w/out getting into direct accusations

Unfortunately, Lee is in the middle of campaigning for re-election so didn't stick around for questions or follow-up chats

Here is Lee's voting record on recent controversial issues. He gets it:
LeeVoting Record - recent.jpg
LeeVoting Record - recent.jpg (591.94 KiB) Viewed 315 times
I'll follow up with what I learned from the last two speakers, Leah Southwell, and William (Bill) Jasper the Chief Editor of the New American Magazine. Both excellent presentations and they hung around for questioning and chatting.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9218
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: Newquist Group breakfast and meeting on Sat., 8th October.

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:16 pm I was re-reading my Newquist Group breakfast flyer and realized you may have to pay the $55 breakfast fee (at the door price) to gain entry. No free entry, I believe.

Apologies if I misled anyone on this.
My guess is I was the only LDSFF member who was there. Mostly a lot of older duffers, dressed in suit-and-tie for crying out loud. :o

Post Reply