How do you leave the forum?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How do you leave the forum?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

That's it. I'm leaving. See you guys after the tribs.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Christianlee wrote: September 26th, 2022, 5:33 pm Is there a way to take your name off?
Just stop logging in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You have free agency.

Some people have used their real name and later didn't want their real name used on the forum. I can change someone's username if that is a concern.

But WHY would anyone want to leave?!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Serragon wrote: September 27th, 2022, 4:41 pm If you want to have some fun, attend your stake addiction recovery program and tell them you are addicted to LDSFF. Please report back. :)
🤣 🤣

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 27th, 2022, 9:26 pm That's it. I'm leaving. See you guys after the tribs.
😆 😆

creator wrote: September 27th, 2022, 11:14 pm Just stop logging in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You have free agency.
Regarding the first part, that's what I finally decided.

Regarding the second part, I'm not so sure, when it comes to Hotel California LDSFF.

🎵 Welcome to LDS Freedom Forum
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at LDS Freedom Forum🎶
Any time of year (any time of year)
You can find it here
🎵
. . .

And she said, 'We are all just prisoners here 🎶
Of our own device"
. . .

🎵 Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door 🎶
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
🎵 "Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"🎵

Songwriters: סינגולדה אבי / Frey,glenn Lewis / Henley,donald Hugh / Felder,don

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Silver Pie wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:22 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 27th, 2022, 9:26 pm That's it. I'm leaving. See you guys after the tribs.
😆 😆

creator wrote: September 27th, 2022, 11:14 pm Just stop logging in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You have free agency.
Regarding the first part, that's what I finally decided.

Regarding the second part, I'm not so sure, when it comes to Hotel California LDSFF.

🎵 Welcome to LDS Freedom Forum
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at LDS Freedom Forum🎶
Any time of year (any time of year)
You can find it here
🎵
. . .

And she said, 'We are all just prisoners here 🎶
Of our own device"
. . .

🎵 Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door 🎶
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
🎵 "Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"🎵

Songwriters: סינגולדה אבי / Frey,glenn Lewis / Henley,donald Hugh / Felder,don
Hahaha brilliant! 😁

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Cruiserdude wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:23 am Hahaha brilliant! 😁
I blame it on BeNotDeceived's post. 😁

mtpop
captain of 10

Post by mtpop »

Well, you know what the book of Revelation says, the books were opened and another book was opened then lds freedom forum was opened and the dead were judged by what was in the books. (Not a exact quote but close).

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

mtpop wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:26 pm Well, you know what the book of Revelation says, the books were opened and another book was opened then lds freedom forum was opened and the dead were judged by what was in the books. (Not a exact quote but close).
mtmom liked mtpop's post :)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I tried to leave and came back like 6 years later :evil: :idea:

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

Jules wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:02 pm I tried to leave and came back like 6 years later :evil: :idea:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver Pie wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:26 am
Cruiserdude wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:23 am Hahaha brilliant! 😁
I blame it on BeNotDeceived's post. 😁
I should have quoted him. And me saying I blame it on him was my way of giving him credit for the idea.
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 26th, 2022, 7:44 pm You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave. 🎶

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

This is the internet, we aren't really here. You cannot leave where you've never been. It is all an illusion. Nothing is real! It gets confusing when after 66 years, I realize that all along, I could have been a woman if I just wanted to be and done things like have an abortion (well could do that as man). I misunderstood for many years that marriage was for a man and a woman, worse I thought I had a right to state my personal opinions. But now I'm woke............ everything makes sense, nothing is real. Cannot wait to become rich while owning nothing in NWO.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:02 pm I tried to leave and came back like 6 years later :evil: :idea:
You can leave the forum, but you just can't leave it alone!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

TheDuke wrote: October 26th, 2022, 2:51 pm This is the internet, we aren't really here. You cannot leave where you've never been. It is all an illusion. Nothing is real!
You know, that's probably true. There is no physical place we are gathered when we read and converse on here.

It gets confusing when after 66 years, I realize that all along, I could have been a woman if I just wanted to be and done things like have an abortion (well could do that as man). I misunderstood for many years that marriage was for a man and a woman, worse I thought I had a right to state my personal opinions. But now I'm woke............ everything makes sense, nothing is real. Cannot wait to become rich while owning nothing in NWO.
This reminds me - several days ago, I was doing my best to trim my trees. I was fighting with one that was overhanging the sidewalk/part of the street. There was a young man in a working van parked in the center of the road. I think he was there to work on a sewer line and was waiting for someone. Anyway, he saw me struggling, walked over, and asked if he could help. I said, "Yes," and had him saw off the branch as high as he could reach. When he was done, I said, "I don't care what some idiots say, there is a difference between men and women!"

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

You don't. This is the Hotel California of the age. You can sign in, but you can never sign out...........
Honestly I have tried to set it aside several times. It's like a bad addiction, you just keep coming back to check in once in a while. Seems like every time I come back there is a new group of posters, attacking the same old the church is dead arguments. If your lucky there might be some new relevant information if you give it a break for two or three months!

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Maybe Reluctant Watchman wants to shutdown all of the electronics in the house until after all of the nuclear boom booms and solar flares are done. Problem is there won't be an internet to communicate across anymore.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Fun fact: No one has actually ever left this forum. Not. One. Person. You may find some users that haven't posted in years, and question what I'm saying, but the reality is they are currently active under a different username.

/s

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

creator wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:36 pm Fun fact: No one has actually ever left this forum. Not. One. Person. You may find some users that haven't posted in years, and question what I'm saying, but the reality is they are currently active under a different username.

/s
A similitude of the eternities.

Ancalagon
captain of 50

Post by Ancalagon »

Chip wrote: September 27th, 2022, 2:16 am Well, Christianlee posted that they've been a Mormon for 50 years, but just now deleted the post.

I think I was confusing Christianlee with TheChristian.

Take care, Christianlee. The rest of us will continue to languish in this Mormon purgatory until God either fixes the church or obviates it. I have been attending a local non-denominational church, myself, and I like it. My wife and kids don't go with me, though, so it's bittersweet.
I have always been fascinated with other religions, not really to join, but just interested in how they do things and to experience other religious meetings on occasion. I just got released as EQ president, may take the opportunity to visit some other denominations and non-denominations.

As to your other post, I often said the same to my wife; it feels like the church is leaving me, not me leaving the church.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Chip wrote: September 27th, 2022, 2:16 am Well, Christianlee posted that they've been a Mormon for 50 years, but just now deleted the post.

Take care, Christianlee. The rest of us will continue to languish in this Mormon purgatory until God either fixes the church or obviates it. I have been attending a local non-denominational church, myself, and I like it. My wife and kids don't go with me, though, so it's bittersweet.
No offense, but leaving the Church ofJesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for another church seems a lot like leaving food in favor of pictures of food to me. ;)

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

innocentoldguy wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:43 pm

No offense, but leaving the Church ofJesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for another church seems a lot like leaving food in favor of pictures of food to me. ;)
Leaving denominational churches, including the LDS one, to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is like receiving spiritual food, like the manna from Heaven, and washing it down with Living Water. Following Christ can be a lonely trek, because the way is narrow. Most of the churches are on broad paths that leads to destruction.

2 Esdras 7
6 There is also another thing; A city is builded, and set upon a broad field, and is full of all good things: (like Zion or the New Jerusalem)

7 The entrance thereof is narrow, and is set in a dangerous place to fall, like as if there were a fire on the right hand, and on the left a deep water:

8 And one only path between them both, even between the fire and the water, so small that there could but one man go there at once.

9 If this city now were given unto a man for an inheritance, if he never shall pass the danger set before it, how shall he receive this inheritance?

10 And I said, It is so, Lord. Then said he unto me, Even so also is Israel's portion.

innocentoldguy
captain of 100

Post by innocentoldguy »

Peeps wrote: October 26th, 2022, 11:12 pm

Leaving denominational churches, including the LDS one, to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is like receiving spiritual food, like the manna from Heaven, and washing it down with Living Water. Following Christ can be a lonely trek, because the way is narrow. Most of the churches are on broad paths that leads to destruction.

2 Esdras 7
6 There is also another thing; A city is builded, and set upon a broad field, and is full of all good things: (like Zion or the New Jerusalem)

7 The entrance thereof is narrow, and is set in a dangerous place to fall, like as if there were a fire on the right hand, and on the left a deep water:

8 And one only path between them both, even between the fire and the water, so small that there could but one man go there at once.

9 If this city now were given unto a man for an inheritance, if he never shall pass the danger set before it, how shall he receive this inheritance?

10 And I said, It is so, Lord. Then said he unto me, Even so also is Israel's portion.
Again, no offense, but that narrow path is lined with covenants. The authority to perform those doesn't exist in other churches. So your "spiritual food" and "living water" are but night visions and shall be like a hungry man who dreams he ate "spiritual food" but wakes with an empty soul and a thirsty man who dreams of drinking "living waters" but wakes up faint.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

innocentoldguy wrote: October 27th, 2022, 2:05 am
Peeps wrote: October 26th, 2022, 11:12 pm

2 Esdras 7

Again, no offense, but that narrow path is lined with covenants. The authority to perform those doesn't exist in other churches. So your "spiritual food" and "living water" are but night visions and shall be like a hungry man who dreams he ate "spiritual food" but wakes with an empty soul and a thirsty man who dreams of drinking "living waters" but wakes up faint.
I am under a New Covenant. My cup is overflowing, Ive learned to be content whether lacking, or being full temporally.
Philippians 4:
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

innocentoldguy wrote: October 27th, 2022, 2:05 am The authority to perform those doesn't exist in other churches.
Is there any proof for that assertion?

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I've been here for 14 years. It's true, you can't leave, no matter how nuts it gets in here; it's like a traffic accident or a three-headed baby; you just can't look away.

But seriously, I think it's therapeutic in a way. You can just come here and lob any crazy idea you want and people will engage with you one way or the other. It's a great place to come and let your ideas get attacked and if you have thick skin it can be very cathartic.