Covenants

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Covenants

Post by Mamabear »

The Lord has yet to make covenants with the house of Israel in the last days. The covenants we hear of/make today, are not those spoken of in the scriptures.

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.“ Hebrews 8:10

“But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.“ Jeremiah 31:33

When will this happen?

“And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.“
Isaiah 59:20-21

“And when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.“ 1 Nephi 14:17

After the house of Jacob turns from their transgression and the great and abominable church falls, then shall the work of the Father begin and covenants will come.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Re: Covenants

Post by TheChristian »

Mamabear said .....
“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.“

The Christian said ......
This began apon the day of pentecost when the promised Holy ghost fell apon the Disciples in Jerusalem...........
Gone was the old Mosiac covenant written on stone, replaced by the covenant of the indwelling Spirit of God in men, writing apon their hearts a new living law and placing it in their minds.
It is being "Born Again", this is further endorsed when Peter arose on the day of Pentecost and quoted the prophecy of Joel....

"In the last days I will pour out my Spirit apon all flesh,
Your young men shall have visions,
Your old men shall have dreams,
Even apon the very least of my people I shall pour out My Spirit and they shall prophesy"

The Jewish and Gentile Christians had this spiritual experience the out pouring of the Spirit of God, wether directly from heaven itself or by the laying on of hands, which was manifested in signs, wonders, miracles, speaking in tongues, prophesieing, praising God in great Joy and so forth........
Said outpourings of the Spirit of God gave them direct witness of the reality of Jesus of Nazerath, hence having such witness and the indwelling of Gods Spirit within them, they did not need any man to tell them or teach them, for God Himself by his Spirit was dwelling in them giving them a bright and burning witness of the truth of God..........

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

TheChristian wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:40 pm Mamabear said .....
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.“

The Christian said ......
This began apon the day of pentecost when the promised Holy ghost fell apon the Disciples in Jerusalem...........
Gone was the old Mosiac covenant written on stone, replaced by the covenant of the indwelling Spirit of God in men, writing apon their hearts a new living law and placing it in their minds.
It is being "Born Again", this is further endorsed when Peter arose on the day of Pentecost and quoted the prophecy of Joel....

"In the last days I will pour out my Spirit apon all flesh,
Your young men shall have visions,
Your old men shall have dreams,
Even apon the very least of my people I shall pour out My Spirit and they shall prophesy"

The Jewish and Gentile Christians had this spiritual experience the out pouring of the Spirit of God, wether directly from heaven itself or by the laying on of hands, which was manifested in signs, wonders, miracles, speaking in tongues, prophesieing, praising God in great Joy and so forth........
Said outpourings of the Spirit of God gave them direct witness of the reality of Jesus of Nazerath, hence having such witness and the indwelling of Gods Spirit within them, they did not need any man to tell them or teach them, for God Himself by his Spirit was dwelling in them giving them a bright and burning witness of the truth of God..........
I see what you’re saying, the covenant is being born again.
Maybe the majority/most of the house of Israel will be born again when the Lord returns and a minority before He comes.
Slightly confusing because Joel chapter 2 makes it sound like all of this takes place after the tribulations.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance, as the LORD has promised,
among the remnant called by the LORD.

These are the last words in Joel chap 2........

Its saying that deliverance (Salvation) will be come from Mount Zion and Jerusalem .....
For me this means that salvation will be wrought by Jesus our Lord thru His sacrifice there.
Which as we know He did......
And that a remnant of Israel would be called by Jesus and saved...
We find that a remnant of Israel did believe in Jesus and apon the day of pentecost that faithfull remnant began to fullfill the prophecy of Joels, for the holy ghost fell apon them and Peter testified of this salvation thru Christ Jesus and witnessed that this was the last days and the beginning of the fullfillment of Joels prophecy concerning the outpouring of Gods spirit apon all flesh...........
For the pouring forth of Gods Spirit was plainly manifest apon that day of Pentecost, the speaking in tongues, the prophesing, the signs and wonders that were occuring amongst the very least of Gods people.
And I believe that there has always been a chosen and faithfull remnant in every generation since that wonderous day of pentecost, for the Lord keeps His promises and were ever there is faith in His name, there shall our lord be in the midst of said remnant.
For Peter said
"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call"

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

When did Jesus ever teach the following?

“Think of it! A marriage covenant made in the temple is tied directly to that Abrahamic covenant.”

“When we embrace the gospel and are baptized, we take upon ourselves the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Baptism is the gate that leads to becoming joint heirs to all the promises given anciently by the Lord to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and their posterity.“

“Adam and Eve accepted the ordinance of baptism and began the process of being one with God. They had entered the covenant path.”

“When you and I also enter that path, we have a new way of life. We thereby create a relationship with God that allows Him to bless and change us. The covenant path leads us back to Him. If we let God prevail in our lives, that covenant will lead us closer and closer to Him. All covenants are intended to be binding. They create a relationship with everlasting ties.“

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... t?lang=eng