ישעיהו

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ישעיהו

Post by Niemand »

AkalAish wrote: September 25th, 2022, 10:16 am
solonan wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:07 pm Geez Louise Niemand, I missed something how did Madonna slide into this?
Some years ago, there arose a great excitement in Hollywood when they decided that Kabbalah was all the rage and the must-have theological seasonal attire that year.

It was Buddhism before that.
About right... except neither could be meaningfully decribed as either Kabbalah or Buddhism.

Buddhism was a bit like the martial arts crazes of a few decades ago which kept changing around... first it was Zen, then Thai/Vietnamese, then Tibetan... I've seen them mixed up e.g. Tibetan Zen when they had little to do with one another.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

solonan wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:53 pm Actually, clear as running water. I get it. You take literally like the history in Isaiah and it is Peshat.
Remez is the hidden deeper meaning, taking the first chapter where G-d is speaking, listen heavens and earth, this is a court case and they become the witnesses. The ox is a kosher animal so refers to the house of Israel and the @#$ is an unclean animal and refers to the gentiles..
D'rash is a layer over that. It refers then to the waywardness of the people in terms of his covenants.
Sod is the flashes of understanding you get when studying scripture.
Did I understand correctly?
Did you ... ? Did you just call me an @$$?

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

solonan wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:53 pm The ox is a kosher animal so refers to the house of Israel and the @#$ is an unclean animal and refers to the gentiles..
We may also have a different understanding of who, exactly, is a gentile...

:lol: :geek:

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

LDS Physician wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:11 am
solonan wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:53 pm Actually, clear as running water. I get it. You take literally like the history in Isaiah and it is Peshat.
Remez is the hidden deeper meaning, taking the first chapter where G-d is speaking, listen heavens and earth, this is a court case and they become the witnesses. The ox is a kosher animal so refers to the house of Israel and the @#$ is an unclean animal and refers to the gentiles..
D'rash is a layer over that. It refers then to the waywardness of the people in terms of his covenants.
The House of Israel is Ephraim and Judah is Goy (another nation) to Ephriamites lol

Jeremiah 31:27 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

AkalAish wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 10:25 am
solonan wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:53 pm The ox is a kosher animal so refers to the house of Israel and the @#$ is an unclean animal and refers to the gentiles..

2 Nephi 16:2:

2 For behold, I say unto you that as many of the Gentiles as will repent are the covenant people of the Lord; and as many of the Jews as will not repent shall be cast off; for the Lord covenanteth with none save it be with them that repent and believe in his Son, who is the Holy One of Israel.

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

LDS Physician wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 3:30 pm

2 Nephi 16:2:

2 For behold, I say unto you that as many of the Gentiles as will repent are the covenant people of the Lord; and as many of the Jews as will not repent shall be cast off; for the Lord covenanteth with none save it be with them that repent and believe in his Son, who is the Holy One of Israel.
Ummmmm...thanks, I guess?

It was meant in (friendly) jest. My apologies if it was not taken in that manner.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

😂 I understood and I really appreciated the smiling face and expression of mirth. In truth, the gentile would be me, who believes back there somewhere, before my predecessors decided to join with the folks around them and assimilate, we were of Ephraim from over the wall a and half turned cake fame. Someday it will all come out. 😉

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I often wonder who the Israelites were in the pre-existence that made them the covenant people in the first place. The OT describes the Israelites of those days as being particularly wicked and I think of the imagery of the shepherd leaving the 90 & 9 to go save the one. My current understanding is that we are living on covenanted land and that the covenant has been extended to the Gentiles (Christian nations) via Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We as a people, are not living the covenant; we have poor amongst us and not everything is in common. As such, we will be swept off the promised land for rejecting our Lord's Prophet and His covenant and will experience the curses for not living the covenant. These include war, famine and pestilence.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Is your conscience clear ?😁

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

solonan wrote: October 7th, 2022, 12:44 pm
Is your conscience clear ?😁
Heh heh. Well, yes and no. The contrite spirit, broken heart is still a work in progress, but there is hope in Jesus for me (I hope).

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

What happened to you Rabbi? I hope LDS Physician did not offend you.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

At least I didn't :-/