Death of Democracy in America

Discuss political news items / current events.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Death of Democracy in America

Post by Lexew1899 »

When would you estimate the Republic of the United States no longer was a Democracy, but was instead replaced by the military industrial complex, and modern technocrat kleptocracy we see today. Personally I think when JFK got blown away was the big turning point the Deep State realized they could control everything, and the Presidency was just a roadblock to their global hegemony ambitions. Even since the 90's, especially after the Bush years and the rise of the NSA super-state, our freedoms are more or less gutter water. It would be interesting if news channels actually let politicians get taken to the woodshed like this.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Death of Democracy in America

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Way before JFK, my friend.

At least 1913. Watch:

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

The USA has never been a democracy. Ever. We are a constitutional republic. Big difference. Unfortunately, we began abandoning our constitutional government with Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Christianlee wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:03 pm The USA has never been a democracy. Ever. We are a constitutional republic. Big difference. Unfortunately, we began abandoning our constitutional government with Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.
Well spoken!

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Christianlee wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:03 pm The USA has never been a democracy. Ever. We are a constitutional republic. Big difference. Unfortunately, we began abandoning our constitutional government with Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.
What parts of the constitution were abandoned under these Presidents?
Last edited by Lexew1899 on September 25th, 2022, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 11:53 am Way before JFK, my friend.

At least 1913. Watch:
Can you summarize it in your own words?

truefreedom
captain of 100

Post by truefreedom »

Lexew1899 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 11:51 am When would you estimate the Republic of the United States no longer was a Democracy, but was instead replaced by the military industrial complex, and modern technocrat kleptocracy we see today. Personally I think when JFK got blown away was the big turning point the Deep State realized they could control everything, and the Presidency was just a roadblock to their global hegemony ambitions. Even since the 90's, especially after the Bush years and the rise of the NSA super-state, our freedoms are more or less gutter water. It would be interesting if news channels actually let politicians get taken to the woodshed like this.
Maybe it started with Abraham Lincoln waging war on the Southern States.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

truefreedom wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:41 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 11:51 am When would you estimate the Republic of the United States no longer was a Democracy, but was instead replaced by the military industrial complex, and modern technocrat kleptocracy we see today. Personally I think when JFK got blown away was the big turning point the Deep State realized they could control everything, and the Presidency was just a roadblock to their global hegemony ambitions. Even since the 90's, especially after the Bush years and the rise of the NSA super-state, our freedoms are more or less gutter water. It would be interesting if news channels actually let politicians get taken to the woodshed like this.
Maybe it started with Abraham Lincoln waging war on the Southern States.
Yeah, that’s crossed my mind from time to time.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Lexew1899 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:24 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 11:53 am Way before JFK, my friend.

At least 1913. Watch:
Can you summarize it in your own words?
I wouldn't be able to do it justice, to be honest. But I highly recommend everyone watch it. Perhaps instead of watching a movie, watch this.