Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
creator
(of the Forum)

Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by creator »

Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html

Peeps
captain of 100

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Peeps »

Except Jesus Christ did not eat children.
These pagan little gee gods/ fallen angels were always trying to imitate Jesus Christ to get worship and adoration.

Psalm 82
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

FrankOne
captain of 100

Post by FrankOne »

creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

an interesting read. There certainly are alot of correlations between various dieties, angels, and spiritual guides from many times and belief systems.

In my area, there was an old restaurant owned by an old greek gentleman. I talked to him at length one day about the Greek Mythological Gods. He flatly told me that they were not mythological at all and that he and most old school greeks that he knew considered 'mythology' as valid history. That response was refreshing to me because I, myself , had entertained such ideas. Back then, I tried to make correlations of the Gk gods to other ancient teachings from other cultures and was satisfied that most of it was inter-related. The Egyptian teachings are the most intriguing to me with the religion of Osiris which contains the oldest teaching of resurrection and gives specific instruction of the process. Those processes are now, to us, quite ambiguous. Also, the correlative concepts of baptism are found in those teachings as well.

All that I know for certain is that this life, the life before this one, and the one to come are not what we commonly believe them to be. We know so very little.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

Long ago, Darren linked to a book that I have since been unable to find. There was something in it to suggest that Odin actually was intended to represent Christ, and Thor represented Heavenly Father. It was interesting and made a very good case for it, but I don't remember much.

I know that Odin hung on the world tree for three days and sacrificed one of his eyes to obtain wisdom.

I am of the same mind, that all religions tell much the same story. It reminds me of the meme of two armies fighting, one of them waving the flag of rabbit, and the other army under the banner of the duck (they were the same picture, just oriented differently.)

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

This is true. It's why my pagan fathers lifted their voices in the dead of winter.