Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical, esoteric discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 8353
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by creator »

Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html

Peeps
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1056

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Peeps »

Except Jesus Christ did not eat children.
These pagan little gee gods/ fallen angels were always trying to imitate Jesus Christ to get worship and adoration.

Psalm 82
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

User avatar
FrankOne
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3189

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by FrankOne »

creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html
an interesting read. There certainly are alot of correlations between various dieties, angels, and spiritual guides from many times and belief systems.

In my area, there was an old restaurant owned by an old greek gentleman. I talked to him at length one day about the Greek Mythological Gods. He flatly told me that they were not mythological at all and that he and most old school greeks that he knew considered 'mythology' as valid history. That response was refreshing to me because I, myself , had entertained such ideas. Back then, I tried to make correlations of the Gk gods to other ancient teachings from other cultures and was satisfied that most of it was inter-related. The Egyptian teachings are the most intriguing to me with the religion of Osiris which contains the oldest teaching of resurrection and gives specific instruction of the process. Those processes are now, to us, quite ambiguous. Also, the correlative concepts of baptism are found in those teachings as well.

All that I know for certain is that this life, the life before this one, and the one to come are not what we commonly believe them to be. We know so very little.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 13312

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Original_Intent »

creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html
Long ago, Darren linked to a book that I have since been unable to find. There was something in it to suggest that Odin actually was intended to represent Christ, and Thor represented Heavenly Father. It was interesting and made a very good case for it, but I don't remember much.

I know that Odin hung on the world tree for three days and sacrificed one of his eyes to obtain wisdom.

I am of the same mind, that all religions tell much the same story. It reminds me of the meme of two armies fighting, one of them waving the flag of rabbit, and the other army under the banner of the duck (they were the same picture, just oriented differently.)

User avatar
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8573

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by nightlight »

This is true. It's why my pagan fathers lifted their voices in the dead of winter.

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

True. There are many religions which reflect, especially, the tenants of the three so called Abrahamic brands. In Zoroastrianism, for instance, which was already ancient when Jesus walked the Earth, has, as a part of it's traditions, stories of a prophet being the son of God who is born of a virgin, lives teaches then is murdered and finally raises from the dead three days later. And why not?

In my view the reason why we find such perplexing beliefs is simply because of the single true source of them all. If we leave the physical and emotional Earth behind and go for a tour of it's heavens we will discover that there are no religions and no scriptures at all. These are of the Earth only. However the Earth's heavens, which are arranged in ever ascending (each more subtle then the one below) concentric shells (with Earth at the center) are not simply static places filled with static wonders where we go to after death to continue in some undefined way.

In these heavens human souls are born to spirit then come to the Earth to learn and gain wisdom before returning home. This single sentence tells the whole story.

The Earth's heavens are a very necessary part of the created Earth. They are where we come from before birth and where we return to after death. Here are the great spiritual beings. No. God, the mighty creative source, is not there. But His representative, the Christ (the anointed one of the Greeks) is at the head of these.

Without going off in a new direction explaining more about the structure of this great heavenly "hierarchy" of beings I'll stick to the topic here which is apparent similarity between many religions. These occur because in prayer and meditation by devotees of any religion a connection will be made to the central heaven source. When this occurs answers are given which are all very similar simply because they are a part of a single great truth which, for us to better understand, are told in Earthly terms. These always include a great one, a leader, a reformer, who comes among men with a message.

The second reason is more direct. Throughout the history of humanity the Christ has, from time to time, send a "son" to the people below with messages of good will and life. There have been many of these. Our story of Jesus is only one in a series. We call Jesus "Jesus Christ" but supposing, instead, we just call him Jesus or Jesus the Christ? Jesus represented Christ while here. We can easily see that previous carnations of Christ's representative on Earth would have a name originating from within the culture to which he was born. So... If Christ sent a teacher to the Indian sub-continent this man would have an Indian name. Why is this so unreasonable?

Our traditions come to us from the peoples of the middle east. And so... our body of religious texts reflect this.

The above is the reason in simple terms but there is more. We are men. We have men's minds. If a group of us from different cultures hears the same things each of us will interpret it slightly differently. Language, culture, ability to understand... all these things are the variables which cause us to tell the same story in similar, but different ways. This is the reason we find hauntingly familiar stories but wonder "how can this be?"

The reason is that we men, all of our cultures, are guided, whether we know it or not, by the very same heavenly "leader" which has been named Christos (the anointed one) by the Greeks but... does it really matter what name we use? No. Not in the slightest.

When we return to heaven all these things will be easily comprehended by us as we are finally raised up to the level at which our gained wisdom permits understanding.

Does this mean we should eschew religions, toss them by the wayside? No. They are very essential. One might say something like what God has made (for a purpose) let not man cast asunder. Or something like that.

User avatar
TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6205
Location: Eastern Sodom Suburbs

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by TheDuke »

Always new I would have to come to like Hemsworth........................... nay

Peeps
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1056

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Peeps »

Except none of those little gee gods have any collaboration on doing something drastic like splitting time, like B.C. to A.D., as did Jesus Christ's resurrection. That is the main reason why they are false gods, they did not defeat death. They are instead the gods of the dead. Only Jesus Christ can redeem us from death.
Image
These "powers & authorities/principalities" are the little gee gods/fallen angels.

The Chinese & other rulers of the time of Christ's crucifixion record anomalies, ~12min video:
or watch this 1 minute clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8DNfsEpRhj ... KCfPl2AzkS

1min clip of Talmudic evidence for 30 CE crucifixion:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjiRhf-GOsw ... ZvajqCcQjz

or the full video:
And Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, not Friday.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14689

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Niemand »

The origin of much of this idea is Kersey Graves' The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors' along with Hinducentrists, who can't stand the idea that anything was invented outside India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World ... ed_Saviors

Here is the list:
Thulis of Egypt, 1700 B.C.
Krishna of India, 1200 B.C.
Crite of Chaldea, 1200 B.C.[5][6]
Atys of Phrygia, 1170 B.C.
Thammuz or Tammuz of Syria, 1160 B.C.
Hesus or Eros 834 B.C.
Bali of Orissa, 725 B.C.[7]
Indra of Thibet (Tibet), 725 B.C.
Iao of Nepaul (Nepal), 622 B.C.[8][9]
Buddha Sakia (Muni) of India, 600 B.C.[10]
Mitra (Mithra) of Persia, 600 B.C.
Alcestos of Euripides, 600 B.C.
Quezalcoatl of Mexico, 587 B.C.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese, 552 B.C.[11]
Prometheus or Æschylus of Caucasus, 547 B.C.
Quirinus of Rome, 506 B.C.
If you look at some of these, they fall down. For example, Prometheus was tied to a mountain, not a tree and had his guts pecked out by birds each day as a punishment. Krishna is a very different figure to Jesus and more of a warrior in the mould of Mohammed. Atys/Attis went and castrated himself... Mithra's cult was conflated with Jesus' early on, and Quetzalcoatl may have been based on Jesus according to some figures.

Some of the ones that he doesn't mention include Odin/Woden/Wotan who was tied to a tree for a while (but did not die) for wisdom, and Spartacus, the rebel leader of a Roman slave rebellion who was crucified.

Unfortunately some of these stories have been tidied up to look more like Jesus', i.e. they had similar elements, but he goes and adds other ones to "improve" them.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14689

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Niemand »

Original_Intent wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:48 amI am of the same mind, that all religions tell much the same story. It reminds me of the meme of two armies fighting, one of them waving the flag of rabbit, and the other army under the banner of the duck (they were the same picture, just oriented differently.)
They don't. Some believe in inherited guilt (from ancestors or past lives) and some don't. They can't agree on the number of gods, what happens when you die or issues like righteous anger.

There are also some religions which encourage you to do bad, or indulge in criminality on behalf of the deity, like the Thuggee Cult.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14689

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Niemand »

varnaj42 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:37 am True. There are many religions which reflect, especially, the tenants of the three so called Abrahamic brands. In Zoroastrianism, for instance, which was already ancient when Jesus walked the Earth, has, as a part of it's traditions, stories of a prophet being the son of God who is born of a virgin, lives teaches then is murdered and finally raises from the dead three days later. And why not?
Don't know where to begin with this. You've "improved" Zoroaster's story quite a bit there.... or whoever you have been reading has. Like all those stories about Osiris being Jesus Christ, which fall down in various regards.

The most obvious archetypes for death and resurrection which most online memes miss, are to do with the sun setting and rising, and also the seasons.

Zoroaster has his own thread here. There is evidence he may have been a genuine lost prophet, although his legacy has been altered.
viewtopic.php?t=65938

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

Niemand wrote: May 20th, 2023, 2:12 am
varnaj42 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:37 am True. There are many religions which reflect, especially, the tenants of the three so called Abrahamic brands. In Zoroastrianism, for instance, which was already ancient when Jesus walked the Earth, has, as a part of it's traditions, stories of a prophet being the son of God who is born of a virgin, lives teaches then is murdered and finally raises from the dead three days later. And why not?
Don't know where to begin with this. You've "improved" Zoroaster's story quite a bit there.... or whoever you have been reading has. Like all those stories about Osiris being Jesus Christ, which fall down in various regards.

The most obvious archetypes for death and resurrection which most online memes miss, are to do with the sun setting and rising, and also the seasons.

Zoroaster has his own thread here. There is evidence he may have been a genuine lost prophet, although his legacy has been altered.
viewtopic.php?t=65938

Why did you mention Osiris? I did not. About various others I can only say that my information is not based on any other texts. I very seldom quote others. Almost all of my writing is original or based on sources which are largely unknown because no religion was ever crafted around them.

Of one thing I am quite certain. God has no religious preferences at all. God sends us prophets to teach from time to time. We are the ones who make religions out of those events. All religions are of the Earth only. When we return to the spiritual worlds which surround the Earth we will find that there are none at all. But we won't mind. We, most of us, will have somewhat elevated levels of awareness. We will begin to understand that it is not beliefs that "save" us but proper actions while we live on Earth.

I find, it is my personal opinion, that the person of Joseph Smith was especially chosen to restore the teachings of our time in the new world. My particular problem is with the idea that we cannot know a thing unless it is contained in an accepted body of writing. This is where I fail as a Mormon. I believe too much.

User avatar
Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4470

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Ymarsakar »

Nie is describing religious bodies centuries or even millenium after the founding. What have we seen with joseph smith? In just a few decades there are arguments over plural sealings and marriage.

It is the nature of this reality to ensure people cannot discover the truth. No matter how much nie puts effort into studying it, these knowledge is not easily discerned.

Babel and heyl el s veil ensures it.

As for thor i al2ays felt the marvel origin story felt just a little too messianic. The joos or hebrews al2ays saw the messiach as a holy warrior though. This is in line with thor and krishna.

One of the reasons joos refuse to accept jeshua as a messiah is simply because their jewish messiah is a warrior king or something to akin to the indian avatars of kali.

The indians have legends where at the end of the kali yuga which is now, there will come some kind of kali avatar that has power to destroy evil. Sounded like a thor or super power mutant.

https://www.ageofkalki.com/5-facts-about-kalki-avatar/

Edit. Kalki avatar not kali

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

Peeps wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:48 am Except none of those little gee gods have any collaboration on doing something drastic like splitting time, like B.C. to A.D., as did Jesus Christ's resurrection. That is the main reason why they are false gods, they did not defeat death. They are instead the gods of the dead. Only Jesus Christ can redeem us from death.
Image
These "powers & authorities/principalities" are the little gee gods/fallen angels.

The Chinese & other rulers of the time of Christ's crucifixion record anomalies, ~12min video:
or watch this 1 minute clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8DNfsEpRhj ... KCfPl2AzkS

1min clip of Talmudic evidence for 30 CE crucifixion:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjiRhf-GOsw ... ZvajqCcQjz

or the full video:
And Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, not Friday.

Jesus was the great one sent to inaugurate the world into the age of Pisces. Each new age had such an exalted one. Remember when Moses came down from the mountain to find the people worshiping a golden calf? This story was a metaphor. The calf represented the age of Taurus which was on it's way out to be replaced by Capricorn. That's the way it is. By the way astrology is a science which delineates God's methods of influencing humanity. Didn't you know that?

We can defeat death through Jesus? Really? How so? Death is an illusion. Only the body dies. The real part of us, the ethereal copy, raises up from the body and continues living. Then after a time it resurrects again to a higher level in the Earth's heavens. This is all in accordance with God's Intelligent Design for our world.

Religions came along and changed the esoteric teachings with the aim of making people dependent on them. When we die we return to our true home in heaven. All of us do this. Not just "believers". It is our heritage. It is inescapable. So where is the "defeat of death" that you speak of? A clever play on words designed to provoke fear in the uninitiated.

Our successful after life is in no way dependent on what we believe while here in the physical. It is dependent on how we lived our lives. The purpose of religions is to help us along but too many of them, in efforts to promote themselves, try to tell us that we have to submit to them or else.... big trouble? Sorry. None of that is true. God has no religious preferences. None.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 13312

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Original_Intent »

Niemand wrote: May 20th, 2023, 2:06 am
Original_Intent wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:48 amI am of the same mind, that all religions tell much the same story. It reminds me of the meme of two armies fighting, one of them waving the flag of rabbit, and the other army under the banner of the duck (they were the same picture, just oriented differently.)
They don't. Some believe in inherited guilt (from ancestors or past lives) and some don't. They can't agree on the number of gods, what happens when you die or issues like righteous anger.

There are also some religions which encourage you to do bad, or indulge in criminality on behalf of the deity, like the Thuggee Cult.
I should not have said "all". A more accurate phrasing would be that in many religions you hear echoes of each other in certain areas.

User avatar
Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4470

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Ymarsakar »

varnaj42 wrote: May 20th, 2023, 7:07 am
Peeps wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:48 am Except none of those little gee gods have any collaboration on doing something drastic like splitting time, like B.C. to A.D., as did Jesus Christ's resurrection. That is the main reason why they are false gods, they did not defeat death. They are instead the gods of the dead. Only Jesus Christ can redeem us from death.
Image
These "powers & authorities/principalities" are the little gee gods/fallen angels.

The Chinese & other rulers of the time of Christ's crucifixion record anomalies, ~12min video:
or watch this 1 minute clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8DNfsEpRhj ... KCfPl2AzkS

1min clip of Talmudic evidence for 30 CE crucifixion:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjiRhf-GOsw ... ZvajqCcQjz

or the full video:
And Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, not Friday.

Jesus was the great one sent to inaugurate the world into the age of Pisces. Each new age had such an exalted one. Remember when Moses came down from the mountain to find the people worshiping a golden calf? This story was a metaphor. The calf represented the age of Taurus which was on it's way out to be replaced by Capricorn. That's the way it is. By the way astrology is a science which delineates God's methods of influencing humanity. Didn't you know that?

We can defeat death through Jesus? Really? How so? Death is an illusion. Only the body dies. The real part of us, the ethereal copy, raises up from the body and continues living. Then after a time it resurrects again to a higher level in the Earth's heavens. This is all in accordance with God's Intelligent Design for our world.

Religions came along and changed the esoteric teachings with the aim of making people dependent on them. When we die we return to our true home in heaven. All of us do this. Not just "believers". It is our heritage. It is inescapable. So where is the "defeat of death" that you speak of? A clever play on words designed to provoke fear in the uninitiated.

Our successful after life is in no way dependent on what we believe while here in the physical. It is dependent on how we lived our lives. The purpose of religions is to help us along but too many of them, in efforts to promote themselves, try to tell us that we have to submit to them or else.... big trouble? Sorry. None of that is true. God has no religious preferences. None.
I think this death was a message to the fallen elohim fallen seraphim and the lesser angels. They who decided to rebel and cut themselvess off from source heart love. Their life energies became finite. They will eventually perish and become dust.

Thus the jeshua message js to them. If they want to continue to live eternally the only way back is through the christ dna blood. It would explain et abductions too. The ets desire salvation as well. So they study the human dna for a fix.

This may have been distorted to apply to a human consciousness. But asi already saw with ndes peoppe apready resurrect themselves from death when they choose not to die.

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

I do not know but... most of us have a problem with names. We know the son of God being called Jesus. OK that is in our time and in our culture. Will someone dare to say that the same God cannot send his son to others in the world where he will be given a different name? Why does a name matter? Thor could be the same soul. Why not? Shall we insist upon believing only the truths that are written in our books and may we not entertain any other ideas?

Remember when Joseph Smith was persecuted simply because he dared to challenge the Christian orthodoxy of the day? Those others also persecuted Catholics. Why do they rise up in fear and anger? Because they are ignorant and afraid. And now.... if something new, some unorthodox idea again is heard how will we react? Shall we wax defensive like the Christians of the American midlands in the 1800s? No. Better we express a bit more tolerance.

User avatar
Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4470

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Ymarsakar »

Var, the current post 2020 lds and ex lds are the most tolerant of the christian religions.

The vatican still teaches that cathars were exterminated because they worshipped the devil.a dn the proof is that they were promoting celibacy.

Humans r cracked.

Religiom has not been touvhed yet by this apocalypse. We will see more tolerance as religion gets lit on fire. Like doctors and bankster wars got on fire.

Peeps
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1056

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Peeps »

varnaj42 wrote: May 20th, 2023, 7:07 am
Peeps wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:48 am Except none of those little gee gods have any collaboration on doing something drastic like splitting time, like B.C. to A.D., as did Jesus Christ's resurrection. That is the main reason why they are false gods, they did not defeat death. They are instead the gods of the dead. Only Jesus Christ can redeem us from death.
Image
These "powers & authorities/principalities" are the little gee gods/fallen angels.

The Chinese & other rulers of the time of Christ's crucifixion record anomalies, ~12min video:
or watch this 1 minute clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8DNfsEpRhj ... KCfPl2AzkS

1min clip of Talmudic evidence for 30 CE crucifixion:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjiRhf-GOsw ... ZvajqCcQjz

or the full video:
And Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, not Friday.

Jesus was the great one sent to inaugurate the world into the age of Pisces. Each new age had such an exalted one. Remember when Moses came down from the mountain to find the people worshiping a golden calf? This story was a metaphor. The calf represented the age of Taurus which was on it's way out to be replaced by Capricorn. That's the way it is. By the way astrology is a science which delineates God's methods of influencing humanity. Didn't you know that?

We can defeat death through Jesus? Really? How so? Death is an illusion. Only the body dies. The real part of us, the ethereal copy, raises up from the body and continues living. Then after a time it resurrects again to a higher level in the Earth's heavens. This is all in accordance with God's Intelligent Design for our world.

Religions came along and changed the esoteric teachings with the aim of making people dependent on them. When we die we return to our true home in heaven. All of us do this. Not just "believers". It is our heritage. It is inescapable. So where is the "defeat of death" that you speak of? A clever play on words designed to provoke fear in the uninitiated.

Our successful after life is in no way dependent on what we believe while here in the physical. It is dependent on how we lived our lives. The purpose of religions is to help us along but too many of them, in efforts to promote themselves, try to tell us that we have to submit to them or else.... big trouble? Sorry. None of that is true. God has no religious preferences. None.

I hope you change your mind and repent. Jesus Christ is LORD of Lords, & King of kings, and the ONLY way back to the Father.

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

Believe as you will. But keep it to yourself. None of us has the right to lecture another.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14689

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Niemand »

varnaj42 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:37 pm Believe as you will. But keep it to yourself. None of us has the right to lecture another.
Erm, yes we do, especially in this day and age, when certain people are trying to brainwash children into castrating and mutilating themselves so they can become another "gender", and to track our every movement via phones or even subcutaneous microchips (if they can persuade people to do this... some have.)

The prevailing modern western sentiment is "it's alright if you aren't harming anyone". Many things people assume some things are not harmful these days when they are.

If someone is in profound error for some reason or another, the "don't lecture" line won't help them.

varnaj42
captain of 100
Posts: 101

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by varnaj42 »

Niemand wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 4:10 am
varnaj42 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:37 pm Believe as you will. But keep it to yourself. None of us has the right to lecture another.
Erm, yes we do, especially in this day and age, when certain people are trying to brainwash children into castrating and mutilating themselves so they can become another "gender", and to track our every movement via phones or even subcutaneous microchips (if they can persuade people to do this... some have.)

The prevailing modern western sentiment is "it's alright if you aren't harming anyone". Many things people assume some things are not harmful these days when they are.

If someone is in profound error for some reason or another, the "don't lecture" line won't help them.
No. I disagree. Only when one person in a debate is fairly accepted by all as being the prevailing authority may he or she suppose to lecture. In any other setting the exchange of opinions is as among equals where everyone's ideas carry equal weight.

User avatar
SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1983
Location: Salt Lake City, Ut

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Peeps wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:48 am Except none of those little gee gods have any collaboration on doing something drastic like splitting time, like B.C. to A.D., as did Jesus Christ's resurrection. That is the main reason why they are false gods, they did not defeat death. They are instead the gods of the dead. Only Jesus Christ can redeem us from death.
Image
These "powers & authorities/principalities" are the little gee gods/fallen angels.

The Chinese & other rulers of the time of Christ's crucifixion record anomalies, ~12min video:
or watch this 1 minute clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx8DNfsEpRhj ... KCfPl2AzkS

1min clip of Talmudic evidence for 30 CE crucifixion:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjiRhf-GOsw ... ZvajqCcQjz

or the full video:
And Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, not Friday.
This is not true per se, ALL ancient cultures (proceeding Christ) believed their god not only died but defeated death and was resurrected. You could even say Christ's entire life was simply a repetition and was doing exactly what the gods before him did.
"Can we discern the real historical content of ancient myth? What makes ritual the source of history, as Hornug notes, is that "the overall historical picture... Is heavily determined by recurring typical events"; history go on through the centuries describing events using "the same basic scenario with the same prescribed roles." Are not the great rites marking the birth, marriage, coronation, victories, campaigns, and burial of the King all historical realities, recalled in ritual repetition?.. This gives us "history as celebration," where "history is played out in the form of fixed ritual in accordance with the Annals." - Hugh Nibley; One Eternal Round pg 103
Introduction to Hugh Nibleys One Eternal Round...
The fundamental purpose of the Book of Abraham and ancient Egyptian religious literature is the same

A major mythological cycle common to all ancient civilizations and societies is that of the creation of the world and mankind, the wickedness of mankind that results in the destruction of nearly all mankind, and their subsequent return to wickedness. There are Semitic, Egyptian, Greek, Babylonian accounts of this cycle, the biblical Hebrew account being the most familiar to us. Two Egyptian compositions, the Memphite Theology and the epic of the Heavenly Cow, deal with the creation and the flood, as does the story of Prometheus in Greek literature. The creation account in the Book of Abraham and the accounts of the wickedness of mankind and the flood given in the Book of Moses expands on this same ancient theme.

What is the relationship between myth, ritual, and history? The surviving writings that have come down to us from ancient times are basically mythological accounts that portray actual historic events in ritual context.

The great year rite that is found in various forms throughout the ancient world is an example of this. This celebration took place at a sacred location, most often a temple or high place. There were common elements to this ceremony: the dramatic representation of the death and resurrection of the god, a portrayal of the creation, a ritual combat in which the triumph of the sun god over his enemies was depicted, a triumphal procession where the king or leader played the part of the god followed by a train of lesser gods, an atoning sacrifice by which the people were cleansed of their sins, and festivities and games that recalled a previous Golden Age, now lost. The similarities in these ceremonies throughout the ancient world argue a common origin. There are some remarkable parallels based on the ancient perception of history as a repetition of ritual and mythological themes. -Hugh Nibley; One Eternal Round
Speaking of the Golden Age (Garden of Eden/Paradise)

"Perhaps the most accomplished analyst of mythology in modern times was the late Mircea Eliade, chairman of the Department of History of Religions at the University of Chicago, and editor of the Encyclopedia of Religion. From his meticulous, lifelong survey of the subject, Professor Eliade drew a stunning conclusion: literally every component of early civilizations--from religion to art and architecture--expressed symbolically the desire to recover and to re-live the lost Golden Age. That which symbolically transported the participant back to the First Time, the Golden Age, was sacred. That which did not was transient and mundane, of no interest." -David Talbott, Thunderbolts Project, Origins of Myth, Ritual, and Symbolism; Saturn Myth
Every Ritual has a divine model, an archetype; this fact is well enough known for us to confine ourselves to recall a few examples. "We must do as the gods did in the beginning" (Satapatha Brahmana... all religious acts are to be held to have been founded by gods, civilizing heroes, or mythical ancestors. It may be mentioned in passing that, among primitives, not only do the rituals have their mythical model but any human act whatever acquires effectiveness to the extent to which it exactly repeats an act performed at the beginning of time by a god, a hero, or an ancestor.

... In Egypt of the later centuries, for example, the power of rite and word possessed by the priest was due to imitation of the primordial gesture of the god Thoth, who had created the world by the force of his word. Iranian traditions knows that the religious festivals were instituted by Ormazed to commemorate the stages of the cosmic Creation [ancient hevens], which continued for a year. At the end of each period-representing, respectively, the creation of the sky, the waters, the earth, plants, animals, and man - Mazdean festivals (Bundahisn). Man only repeats the act of creation; ... man is contemporary with the cosmogony and with the anthropogony because ritual projects him into the mythical epoch of the beginning. A bacchant, through his orgiastic rites, imitates the drama of suffering Dionysos; an Orphic, through his initiation ceremonial, repeats the original gestures of Orpheus.

The Judaeo-Christian Sabbath is also an imitatio dei. The Sabbath rest reproduces the primordial gesture of the Lord, for it was on the seventh day of the Creation that God "... rested ... from all his work which he had made" (Gen. 2:2). The message of the Saviour is first of all an example which demands imitation. After washing his disciples' feet, Jesus said unto them: "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done unto you" (John 3:15) Humility is only a virtue; but humility practiced after the Saviour's example is a religious act and a means of salvation: "... as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34; 15:12) This Christian love is consecrated by the example of Jesus. Its actual practice annuls the sin of the human condition and makes man divine. He who believes in Jesus can do what he did; his limitations and impotence are abolished. "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also (John 14:12). The liturgy is precisely a commemoration of the life and Passion of the Saviour. -Mircea Eliade, Cosmos and History; The Myth of Eternal Return
“The New Year ritual reenacts the mythical beginning of the cosmos.” (-Mircea Eliade; The Myth of Eternal Return)

-King Coronation...

-The dramatic representation of the death and resurrection of the ancient sun god. Descent and ascension.

-An atoning sacrifice of the KIng in which the people were cleansed of their sins. (Abraham and Isaac)

-A ritual combat in which the triumph of the sun [hero] god over his enemies was depicted.
There were common elements to this ceremony: the dramatic representation of the death and resurrection of the god, a portrayal of the creation, a ritual combat in which the triumph of the god over his enemies was depicted, a triumphal procession where the king or leader played the part of the god followed by a train of lesser gods, an atoning sacrifice by which the people were cleansed of their sins, and festivities and games that recalled a previous Golden Age, now lost.” -Hugh Nibley, One Eternal Round.
-The atonement... was an integral part of all ancient festivals. Atonement = re-conciliation, re-demption, re-surection, re-store, re-lease, salvation, and so on, all refer to a return to [God] a former state.
"I refer to that handbook of the archaic world called the book of Moses, and call attention to the great assembly at Adam-ondi-Ahman for the presentation of the original model (D&C 107:53-57). "Adam [Man] in the presence of God is the quintessential atonement."
The essential feature of this great world festival everywhere is that it aims, if but for a few short days, to recapture the freedom, love, equality, abundance, joy, and light of a Golden Age, a dimly remembered but blessed time in the beginning when all creatures lived together in innocence without fear or enmity, when the heavens poured forth ceaseless bounty, and all men were brothers under the loving rule of the King and Creator of all. ( -The Christmas Quest: Hugh Nibley)
"The aim of archaic cultic activities not only in Egypt but also everywhere else was, according to Karl Albert,, the goal [of the ancient civilizations was always] to restore the primal community of Gods and men, or as we would say, to achieve atonement; and the ordinances were inseparable from the doctrines that went with them, Everywhere, we find myth and legends about how the prima bond that existed between heaven and earth in the Golden Age was broken by the wickedness of men" (Temple and Cosmos; pg.399-401)
“Almost always when the plan is mentioned something is said about its glad reception, 'when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy' (Job 38:7). The great year-rites, common to all ancient societies, are a rehearsal of the Creation, usually presented in dramatic form; invariably the rites end with a great and joyful acclamation: so all the gods and all the spirits came together to hail God upon his throne.and they rejoiced before him in his temple, the source of all good things. The word poema, meaning literally creation, owes its prominence, as Walter Otto has shown, to the circumstance that the first poets were all inspired people who sang one and the same song, namely the Song of Creation.

The whole purpose of the book of Jubilees is to show that the great rites of Israel, centering about the temple and the throne, are a celebration 'which had been observed in heaven since the creation'.The thing to notice here is that man shares fully in these heavenly jubilations; the poet is simply intoxicated with the assurance that man, a mere speck of 'wet dust,' is allowed not only to know about the secret councils of the beginning, but actually to share in them, not only as a participant but as one of the directors!” -(Message of the Joseph Smith Papyri: An Egyptian Endowment; pg. 287)
The Myth of Eternal Return:
“Every celebration of a New Year starts the world out on a new dispensation, the “unimaginably mighty works” of the creator Goethe reminds us, with everything, “herrlich wie am ersten Tag” (as glorious as on the day of creation), so the angel chorus sang a New Hymn of the creation. This calls for a “new” garden of Eden. To launch the new age of the world.”-Hugh Niblley

User avatar
SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1983
Location: Salt Lake City, Ut

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html
I agree! Every culture had similar but different myths, rituals, and symbols that unequivocally all tell the same one story. Some call it The One Story told around the world, and the greatest story ever told. This is why if one wants to understand the ancient past it can only happen through a comparative approach to ancient world mythology (cosmology) that constitutes the reliable substructure of human memory as well as a reliable way to reconstruct the past. A comparative approach clarifies all the images/archetypes/symbols/rituals/motifs. The myths explain the symbols and the symbols illuminate the myths.

"... It must be admitted that other societies seem to share the same traditions; At every point from a wealth of ancient sources-Jewish and Christian Apocrypha, Talmud, Mishnah, even Gnostic and Cabbalistic writings, Moslem commentators, sectaries of the desert such as Mandaeans and Qumran people, even the church of the Fathers and classical writers." - "Hugh Nibley, Phase One,"

"Spending all my time with the apocryphal, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Pagan- As you may be aware, the present tendency is to see the whole vast literature fusing into a common matrix- you can no longer put Greek Philosophy, Hebrew prophets, Egyptian wisdom literature, Canaanite ritual text, Babylonian mythology, etc. into strictly isolated departments- they must be studied together." -Hugh Nibley

(These quotes ^^^ might as well be from any ancient comparative mythologist. Carl Jung, Joseph Campell, David Talbott, Immanuel Velikovsky, Hugh Nibley, and Mircea Eliade, etc.)

How does one draw a reliable conclusion from a vast library of different cultural myths? You ONLY work with points of agreement (comparative mythology) between the different cultures. And that's where the surprise comes in because once you begin TO NAME THE POINTS OF AGREEMENTS (archetypes, Carl Jung) you will see that there are HUNDREDS OF THEM. It would never be evident at the surface, individually, in isolation, but dig down to the substructure of human memory and let the events shine through by virtue of points of agreement.

Too many folks spend too much time arguing about which story is original and or dirivited when the much bigger picture (the one story told around the world) illudes them as well as the origins. And that is just it, they ALL have a common origin, the further back you go the more reliable it is.

Now that's how a reconstruction occurs that is highly specific and incomparably more testable than the kind of things that we tinker with in modern theoretical sciences. Dig deep and test it. Search out ancient testimonies (ancient myths and rituals) from around the earth.

I also believe it does point to Christ, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Does anyone know the symbol for Alpha and Omega?

Along these lines and the topic of the OP, here are a few books I highly recommend.

The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious by Carl Jung

User avatar
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick
Posts: 3759
Location: Standing between the Light and the Darkness.

Re: Thor is Christ (Archetypes | Most religions are telling the same stories)

Post by Durzan »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:13 pm
creator wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:19 pm Most religions have been repeating the same archetypal stories throughout history. Retelling the same stories in different ways, with varying details, but it all points back to Christ. It reveals how Christ is, and always has been, at the center of everything. The great I AM. The Word. The Way the Truth and the Light.

http://work.tree-of-life.dk/ThorAndSif.html
I agree! Every culture had similar but different myths, rituals, and symbols that unequivocally all tell the same one story. Some call it The One Story told around the world, and the greatest story ever told. This is why if one wants to understand the ancient past it can only happen through a comparative approach to ancient world mythology (cosmology) that constitutes the reliable substructure of human memory as well as a reliable way to reconstruct the past. A comparative approach clarifies all the images/archetypes/symbols/rituals/motifs. The myths explain the symbols and the symbols illuminate the myths.

"... It must be admitted that other societies seem to share the same traditions; At every point from a wealth of ancient sources-Jewish and Christian Apocrypha, Talmud, Mishnah, even Gnostic and Cabbalistic writings, Moslem commentators, sectaries of the desert such as Mandaeans and Qumran people, even the church of the Fathers and classical writers." - "Hugh Nibley, Phase One,"

"Spending all my time with the apocryphal, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Pagan- As you may be aware, the present tendency is to see the whole vast literature fusing into a common matrix- you can no longer put Greek Philosophy, Hebrew prophets, Egyptian wisdom literature, Canaanite ritual text, Babylonian mythology, etc. into strictly isolated departments- they must be studied together." -Hugh Nibley

(These quotes ^^^ might as well be from any ancient comparative mythologist. Carl Jung, Joseph Campell, David Talbott, Immanuel Velikovsky, Hugh Nibley, and Mircea Eliade, etc.)

How does one draw a reliable conclusion from a vast library of different cultural myths? You ONLY work with points of agreement (comparative mythology) between the different cultures. And that's where the surprise comes in because once you begin TO NAME THE POINTS OF AGREEMENTS (archetypes, Carl Jung) you will see that there are HUNDREDS OF THEM. It would never be evident at the surface, individually, in isolation, but dig down to the substructure of human memory and let the events shine through by virtue of points of agreement.

Too many folks spend too much time arguing about which story is original and or dirivited when the much bigger picture (the one story told around the world) illudes them as well as the origins. And that is just it, they ALL have a common origin, the further back you go the more reliable it is.

Now that's how a reconstruction occurs that is highly specific and incomparably more testable than the kind of things that we tinker with in modern theoretical sciences. Dig deep and test it. Search out ancient testimonies (ancient myths and rituals) from around the earth.

I also believe it does point to Christ, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Does anyone know the symbol for Alpha and Omega?

Along these lines and the topic of the OP, here are a few books I highly recommend.

The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious by Carl Jung
Here's the interesting thing about this line of thought... why do we think that the original is essentially Christianity? Is it because we are ourselves christian and have a bias towards that particular set of mythologies? If there is a common background for religion, might it be far more likely that the original source isn't Christianity, but something far older and possibly quite different?

Post Reply