This Just Happened Today

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Godislove
captain of 100

This Just Happened Today

Post by Godislove »

This is a true story that happened today.
I had to call our bank to have them reset our password because we got locked out of our account.
I thanked the lady for her help and said 'there's so many passwords needed for different things, that we kind of lose track.'
The lady said 'I know it's such a pain. I can't wait for the day when I can have a chip and just wave my hand and it will unlock everything.'😳

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: This Just Happened Today

Post by abijah »

id rather have this -
  • Doctrine&Cov`130
    10 Then the white stone mentioned in Revelation 2:17, will become a Urim and Thummim to each individual who receives one, whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known;
    11 And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.
no false newnames or counterfeit keywords for me.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Godislove wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 5:43 pm This is a true story that happened today.
I had to call our bank to have them reset our password because we got locked out of our account.
I thanked the lady for her help and said 'there's so many passwords needed for different things, that we kind of lose track.'
The lady said 'I know it's such a pain. I can't wait for the day when I can have a chip and just wave my hand and it will unlock everything.'😳
They create a problem to get the normies lining up for their solution

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Godislove wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 5:43 pm The lady said 'I know it's such a pain. I can't wait for the day when I can have a chip and just wave my hand and it will unlock everything.'😳
I hope you explained why that might be a problem in itself. And not just in terms of Mark of the Beast (because that would make some people switch off.)

It's no better than a fancy version of a cattle brand, or what they did to some slaves back in the day.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

abijah wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 10:57 pm id rather have this -
  • Doctrine&Cov`130
    10 Then the white stone mentioned in Revelation 2:17, will become a Urim and Thummim to each individual who receives one, whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known;
    11 And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.
I always loved that promise. But, now that I have awakened to our awful situation, I was suspicious about the origins Section 130. Did Joseph write that? My go to source is the Wikipedia page for the Doctrine and Covenants. There is a handy-dandy chart that shows which sections are included in different editions of the Doctrine and Covenants. The content contained in Section 130 is not found at all in the Book of Commandments, and it isn't in the 1835 or 1844 versions Doctrine and Covenants. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctrine_and_Covenants

Men have altered and corrupted the word of God in these latter day revelations. Best take care.
Last edited by Joan7 on September 24th, 2022, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Why are people so stupid?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Kit-OTW wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:43 am
  • Doctrine&Cov`130
I always loved that promise. But, now that I have awakened to our awful situation, I was suspicious about the origins Section 130. Did Joseph write that? My go to source is the Wikipedia page for the Doctrine and Covenants. There is a handy-dandy chart that shows which sections are included in different editions of the Doctrine and Covenants. The content contained in Section 130 is not found at all in the Book of Commandments, and it isn't in the 1835 or 1844 versions Doctrine and Covenants. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctrine_and_Covenants

Men have altered and corrupted the word of God in these latter day revelations. Best take care.
Doesn’t matter whether it was contained in an edition YOU like. Joseph still said it.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Luke wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:44 am
  • Doctrine&Cov`130

Doesn’t matter whether it was contained in an edition YOU like. Joseph still said it.
Sorry, if it wasn't published when he was alive, then it is not a reliable source. To many of the original records were altered. It is clear in the hand-written records.
You are right, I love the word of God to not be exploited and twisted to fit into philosophies of men. Case in point, the Doctrine of Marriage between one man and one woman was in the Doctrine and Covenants in 1835 and 1844. In fact, it remained in that book until 1876.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Satan will have us trade our freedom away willingly for convenience. That is how digital currency will be sold to us.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Section 130 was a discourse by Orson Hyde. Joseph corrected him on the false doctrine it contains about the Father, yet it was added to the D&C in 1856 by Orson Pratt, under the direction of BY. Who knows if it was edited somewhere along the way. I consider it BY false doctrine.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BigT wrote: September 24th, 2022, 6:43 am
Section 130 was a discourse by Orson Hyde. Joseph corrected him on the false doctrine it contains about the Father, yet it was added to the D&C in 1856 by Orson Pratt, under the direction of BY. Who knows if it was edited somewhere along the way. I consider it BY false doctrine.
No, it wasn’t a discourse by Orson Hyde.

You claim that Joseph was correcting him on false doctrine, yet Joseph taught that same doctrine before that date and after that date, on numerous occasions.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Kit-OTW wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:53 am
  • Doctrine&Cov`130

Sorry, if it wasn't published when he was alive, then it is not a reliable source. To many of the original records were altered. It is clear in the hand-written records.
You are right, I love the word of God to not be exploited and twisted to fit into philosophies of men. Case in point, the Doctrine of Marriage between one man and one woman was in the Doctrine and Covenants in 1835 and 1844. In fact, it remained in that book until 1876.
It’s not reliable—in your opinion, that is.

You can view the original record and see that it isn’t altered.

All the ones that were altered you can view for yourself. I have mixed feelings on the alternations. This is not one of them, though.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Luke wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:17 am

All the ones that were altered you can view for yourself. I have mixed feelings on the alternations. This is not one of them, though.
Luke, the Church History was only written to the middle of 1838 when Joseph and Hyrum were murdered. We find in the heading of the current Doctrine and Covenants of Section 130:

Items of instruction given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Ramus, Illinois, April 2, 1843.

So, this was entered into that supposedly unaltered record after the death of the Prophet. Therefore, Joseph Smith had nothing at all to do with this. And, it is a made-up, philosophy of men scripture.
Last edited by Joan7 on September 24th, 2022, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Source?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

nightlight wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:39 am
Source?
There is no source.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Kit-OTW wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:38 am

Luke, the Church History was only written to the middle of 1838 when Joseph and Hyrum were murdered. We find in the heading of the current Doctrine and Covenants of Section 130:

Items of instruction given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Ramus, Illinois, April 2, 1843.

So, this was entered into that supposedly unaltered record after the death of the Prophet. Therefore, Joseph Smith had nothing at all to do with this. And, it is a made-up, philosophy of men scripture.
I never said that Joseph wrote it. The History of the Church was composed by Joseph in 1838. He wrote quite a large portion, and then everything after the date he wrote up until was composed from his journal and other people’s journals such as Wilford Woodruff’s and William Clayton’s. You can view the entry for 2 April 1843 on the JSP and nowhere can any alterations be seen. You can likewise view records of Joseph teaching the same doctrine on numerous other occasions.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Source?
Here is an excerpt from Joseph’s journal:
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... ly-1843/50
I admit it’s tough to understand what he is saying or meant, but my interpretation (and others’ as well) is he was correcting Elder Hyde’s mistake in a sermon he had given the prior day (I believe the prior morning), namely that the Father has a body of flesh and bones, which is not what the Lectures of Faith teaches, which was scripture until 1922 (or so).

After looking the section up in THE HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS section 130 was highly monkeyed with. A number of verses were not present in the original manuscript but rather were added later. The verse in question about God having a body of flesh and bones was not one of the missing, however. It came from an address Joseph made a couple of days later. However, I think he was again speaking to correct Hyde’s mistake.

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

Luke wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:44 am Why are people so stupid?
How much time do you have?

At the Alaska State Fair this year, I saw a woman wearing a hat that said, "Hey, your stupid is showing. You might want to tuck that in."

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BigT wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:47 am
Source?
Here is an excerpt from Joseph’s journal:
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... ly-1843/50
I admit it’s tough to understand what he is saying or meant, but my interpretation (and others’ as well) is he was correcting Elder Hyde’s mistake in a sermon he had given the prior day (I believe the prior morning), namely that the Father has a body of flesh and bones, which is not what the Lectures of Faith teaches, which was scripture until 1922 (or so).

After looking the section up in THE HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS section 130 was highly monkeyed with. A number of verses were not present in the original manuscript but rather were added later. The verse in question about God having a body of flesh and bones was not one of the missing, however. It came from an address Joseph made a couple of days later. However, I think he was again speaking to correct Hyde’s mistake.
Again: if he was correcting Hyde’s mistake, why did he teach this doctrine on numerous other occasions, both before and after 2 April 1843?

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

When else did he teach it?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Godislove wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 5:43 pm This is a true story that happened today.
Yikes with that comment...

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BigT wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:54 pm When else did he teach it?
I’ll pull up the references within the next few days when I get time, but there are many. It’s a doctrine that he clearly believed and taught.

One such example that comes to mind is on 9 July 1843, as recorded in James Burgess’ Notebook. You can find it in Words of Joseph Smith.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

Luke wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:57 am
Kit-OTW wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:38 am

I never said that Joseph wrote it. The History of the Church was composed by Joseph in 1838. He wrote quite a large portion, and then everything after the date he wrote up until was composed from his journal and other people’s journals such as Wilford Woodruff’s and William Clayton’s. You can view the entry for 2 April 1843 on the JSP and nowhere can any alterations be seen. You can likewise view records of Joseph teaching the same doctrine on numerous other occasions.
The problem that is introduced is that there is no record that Joseph Smith wrote, which was anything like Section 130. He was very good at writing the Doctrine of God. I don't think it is approved by God, to have words put into Joseph's mouth, which he never recorded.

As an example, verse 22 states The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

Remember, that is not in the 1844 Doctrine and Covenants. But what was in the 1844 Doctrine and Covenants was the Lectures on Faith. Joseph Smith wrote, in Lecture Five, The Father being a personage of spirit, glory and power: possessing all perfection and fulness: The Son, who was in the bosom of the Father, a personage of tabernacle, made, or fashioned like unto man, or being in the form and likeness of man, or, rather, man was formed after his likeness, and in his image;—he is also the express image and likeness of the personage of the Father:

That is the correct description of God, from the Prophet of the Restoration. The other is a cheap imitation.

The Church removed the Lectures on Faith from the Doctrine and Covenants in 1921.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Joseph Smith seems to have believed that God the Father was a Savior on another world and layed down his life and took it up again. If that is true, then the Father would have a resurrected body as well which is immortal and will be with him for all eternity. I believe Joseph Smith taught this in the KFD.

The King Follett Discourse

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: September 24th, 2022, 2:21 am
Godislove wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 5:43 pm The lady said 'I know it's such a pain. I can't wait for the day when I can have a chip and just wave my hand and it will unlock everything.'😳
I hope you explained why that might be a problem in itself. And not just in terms of Mark of the Beast (because that would make some people switch off.)

It's no better than a fancy version of a cattle brand, or what they did to some slaves back in the day.
My daughter told me that thieves would just cut off your hand and use it to access your stuff.

Also, can you imagine the nightmare when that thing doesn't work? Computers aren't as bad as they used to be, but they still mess up. And if the system goes down, you can't even unlock your car door or house door (if it includes that).

And, of course, the potential for abuse if a person doesn't follow the rules of the ruling entity - from jags to social media to other things.