I was able to say this and NOT get exxed!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: I was able to say this and NOT get exxed!

Post by tribrac »

LDS Physician wrote: September 21st, 2022, 10:36 am
tribrac wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:50 am Wait...your claiming you said "turd" across the podium?

I call bull crap.
You don't know me very well then. It was leadership section of conference which is quite informal.
Sorry, that was a failed attempt at a joke, not an attack on you.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Catchy title: " I was able to say this and not get exxed." It reminds me of "I went to the Temple and didn't have to wear a mask! Isn't that great?!" Never should have been an issue in the first place, in either case.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Chip wrote: September 21st, 2022, 7:09 am Most anything you say, though it seems daring, will automatically be construed as church-positive through reflexive mental gymnastics by the hearers.
It is fascinating how the above is so true.
It's a cult plain and simple. Like hippies in suits and ties all high on self righteousness. but..to be fair, there are a heck of a lot of great people in the church.

As Evans? the church patriarch? said in a prophecy many moons ago.... The smelling salts will come with the economic collapse. When the fake world crashes and their 'stuff' doesn't mean ANYTHING anymore... some that have been taken in by babylon will wake up.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 12:17 pm So you were taking it easy on them... :)
I think we'll all be presented with a defining moment when we can no longer be coy about what is happening in the church.
Taking it easy on them? No I wouldn't say so, just not being overbearing. More like leading them to water to see who will drink.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

creator wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:49 pm
LDS Physician wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:16 amI was able to say this and NOT get exxed!
Nice clickbait title! ❤️
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 12:17 pm I think we'll all be presented with a defining moment when we can no longer be coy about what is happening in the church.
And then your next talk at Church will be your last talk at Church, if you even get to give a next one.

Exactly. The truth is not welcome at church. I gave a few talks where I spoke a lot of truth about our awful situation, but it was not appreciated. The leaders on the stand were sullen. The people were largely indifferent. Only a few got it. I finally accepted that it's all rather pointless. If you want truth, you're just gonna have to go somewhere else.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 21st, 2022, 12:17 pm So you were taking it easy on them... :)
I think we'll all be presented with a defining moment when we can no longer be coy about what is happening in the church.

I agree, except at any given time, those in the church are people who are tolerant of its current level of BS. Those that aren't tolerant wind up outside of the box and are not present or inclined to interrupt the show. For someone to speak up, their awareness would have had to increase faster than others' awareness. It's like popcorn popping, one at a time, and ejecting themselves out of the hot oil plane. The kernels that haven't popped, yet, aren't aware of why the others disappeared and where they went.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BenMcCrea wrote: September 21st, 2022, 2:37 pm Someone said ‘FU*K’ on the stand in the Kilmarnock Ward just a few weeks after I joined the Church.
I think you are mistaken. It was clearly a reference to Elder Randy D. Funk, who is now a Seventy. I was walking along Sauchiehall Street once and heard someone referring to what sounded like "Randy Funk". 😉 He must have served his mission here.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/lea ... k?lang=eng

Elder Funk from April 2022

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

3 or 4 weeks ago in SS, one of the people made an absurd comment about one verse, don't recall just stupid. Taking it out of context. I took exception and blurted out "bull...........t", realizing I was a bit over enthusiastic, I tried to continue as if not having said it and pointing out the stupidity of the comment. No one said a word, but my closest friend/ally. He came to me after and said he heard it and asked if I actually said it............I confessed to him.

BTW, I don't really have an issue with word covenant path. It is the implications and interpretations I have issue with. I firmly believe that everything we do in eternity (CK, TK, tK, etc) all have covenants which are tied to laws and we know what JS said about laws and results (hence covenants).

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

gkearney wrote: September 21st, 2022, 11:26 am
tribrac wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:50 am Wait...your claiming you said "turd" across the podium?

I call bull crap.
Oh, I have heard far worse than that across the podium living in Australia. Australians swear across the podium from time to time.
French Canadians have a way of using very bad English words with a French sounding prefix/suffix and we get away with murder :-)

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Robin Hood wrote: September 21st, 2022, 2:16 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: September 21st, 2022, 11:53 am In England the word crap is as bad as the word sh!t. My parents were serving a mission in a British ward that also had some American military members. One Sunday an American woman was giving a talk, and said “After my grandmother died, we had to clean all the crap out of her attic....”.

Some gasps were heard, and kids giggled.
Crap in that context is not the equivalent of sh*t. Crap is used all the time here.
"The weather's crap", "the goalkeeper was crap", "I'm feeling crap", "the fish & chips were crap"....
It's pretty well the same in English Canada. French Canadians use the French equivalent to the S word but it's less severe for us. Depending on context, a fourth grader could get away with using the M word in the schoolyard :-)

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

TheDuke wrote: October 19th, 2022, 5:57 pm 3 or 4 weeks ago in SS, one of the people made an absurd comment about one verse, don't recall just stupid. Taking it out of context. I took exception and blurted out "bull...........t", realizing I was a bit over enthusiastic, I tried to continue as if not having said it and pointing out the stupidity of the comment. No one said a word, but my closest friend/ally. He came to me after and said he heard it and asked if I actually said it............I confessed to him.
Hey man, you da Duke!

Mike

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

LDS Physician wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:16 am I'm sort of proud of myself. I gave 2 talks in Stake Conference and was able to say the following in one of them without getting exxed, censored, otherwise chided:

"The covenant path can be your idol. You can check all of the boxes on that covenant path and still turn out being a turd big enough to cheer when they condemn the Savior to death by crucifixion."

:D

(I was talking about modern-day idolatry and got into the fact that "members of the church" in Christ's day thought they were righteous because they followed the letter of the law to a T ... meanwhile, their hearts were void of charity, compassion, righteousness)
aren't you a member of the church, I assume since you spoke in stake conference? You must be a leader or at least have impressed the stake president with your charm. The COJCLDS only lets people speak in stake conference that have schmoozed the leaders and made them think that they are some faithful bunch.

I always knew that some wards and stakes are good old boys clubs. i suppose you bad mouth all of the members with your buddy stake presidents and bishops. Thank you so much for reminding me what a bunch of hypocrites speak in our meetings and hold all of the callings.

wish I was that cool . . . ..

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

my favorite thing about this forum is hearing all the words and hate COJCLDS saints have for their fellow saints. What a great eye opener to know what those that I hear speak and lead are really thinking.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

EvanLM wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:08 pm
LDS Physician wrote: September 21st, 2022, 6:16 am I'm sort of proud of myself. I gave 2 talks in Stake Conference and was able to say the following in one of them without getting exxed, censored, otherwise chided:

"The covenant path can be your idol. You can check all of the boxes on that covenant path and still turn out being a turd big enough to cheer when they condemn the Savior to death by crucifixion."

(I was talking about modern-day idolatry and got into the fact that "members of the church" in Christ's day thought they were righteous because they followed the letter of the law to a T ... meanwhile, their hearts were void of charity, compassion, righteousness)
aren't you a member of the church, I assume since you spoke in stake conference? You must be a leader or at least have impressed the stake president with your charm. The COJCLDS only lets people speak in stake conference that have schmoozed the leaders and made them think that they are some faithful bunch.

I always knew that some wards and stakes are good old boys clubs. i suppose you bad mouth all of the members with your buddy stake presidents and bishops. Thank you so much for reminding me what a bunch of hypocrites speak in our meetings and hold all of the callings.

I can tell you from personal experience that you have completely and totally misjudged LDS Physician. I only know a very few people who are as kind and considerate as this man. He is as close to living a Zion-ready life as any person I know.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

It’s often in poor taste to cast hasty judgement upon a person.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

How on Earth did you come up with that based on his post?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I'm in the stake presidency. It's actually the opposite of what you think. I love the saints in our stake (and yes, I know many are not saints) and hope to be counted among them when the King of Assyria stomps our nation into the dust. I consider myself "awakened to our awful situation" and find myself walking the razor's edge regarding activity in a wayward church full of tares. I'm trying to help wake people up to their idolatry and turn them towards the Savior.

It's an amazing trip! It's a very difficult place to be in -- and I'm not trying to engender pity or congratulations. I'm trying to point to the amazing learning situations the Lord can arrange for those trying to follow him!

I do see the "good ole boy" leadership networks you refer to and they disgust me as well :(

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

LDS Physician wrote: October 20th, 2022, 5:52 am I'm in the stake presidency. It's actually the opposite of what you think. I love the saints in our stake (and yes, I know many are not saints) and hope to be counted among them when the King of Assyria stomps our nation into the dust. I consider myself "awakened to our awful situation" and find myself walking the razor's edge regarding activity in a wayward church full of tares. I'm trying to help wake people up to their idolatry and turn them towards the Savior.

It's an amazing trip! It's a very difficult place to be in -- and I'm not trying to engender pity or congratulations. I'm trying to point to the amazing learning situations the Lord can arrange for those trying to follow him!

I do see the "good ole boy" leadership networks you refer to and they disgust me as well :(
We made some new friends this past weekend. They are waking up to our awful situation and are having some growing pains. One is the relief society pres., the husband is a SS teacher. They know a friend who is a bishop who knows/feels the corruption in the church and feels he is there to help people through their faith crisis and turn to Christ and not man.

I do have to wonder how much longer they can stay in these positions. I mean, how can you answer the temple interview questions in good conscience? You'd have to answer them with your perspective and not what the church teaches.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:45 pm It’s often in poor taste to cast hasty judgement upon a person.
no judgment here. . .just the realization that the people who are speaking in church are speaking what they want instead of the doctrine that is supported by the brethren

he clearly claims that he spoke what he wanted . . .

If I speak at a meeting that supports women and then my talk is not supporting women then I have been hypocrite to the subject. And it doesn't really matter what the subject is. But if the expectation is that one will remain true to the subject then it is hypocrisy to not remain true.

You are the one with prejudice. One cannot join a drug gang then try to convert everyone against drug dealing. One cannot join a group of pro lifers then teach abortion. Those things are hypocrisy.

unfortunately, you see everything as support of the COJCLDS and support of your agenda. I simply see things as the truth or not. This world is full of deceit.

I am seeing why the church appears to be off the tracks and that is cuz people(speakers) are taking it off. I am going to do anything about it or get you ionto trouble, don't worry. I am just stating the clear fact. Ya'll keep fighting over the podium as I have seen done. Each presenting his own agenda .

time to build Zion . . all one

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

woops I am NOT going to do anything

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

EvanLM wrote: October 20th, 2022, 6:42 am If I speak at a meeting that supports women and then my talk is not supporting women then I have been hypocrite to the subject. And it doesn't really matter what the subject is. But if the expectation is that one will remain true to the subject then it is hypocrisy to not remain true.
So it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of world in your mind.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

EvanLM wrote: October 20th, 2022, 6:42 am I am seeing why the church appears to be off the tracks and that is cuz people(speakers) are taking it off.
I'm assuming you would include PSRs in the accusation, correct? Surely you could add GC to this list of speakers.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 20th, 2022, 5:59 am
LDS Physician wrote: October 20th, 2022, 5:52 am I'm in the stake presidency. It's actually the opposite of what you think. I love the saints in our stake (and yes, I know many are not saints) and hope to be counted among them when the King of Assyria stomps our nation into the dust. I consider myself "awakened to our awful situation" and find myself walking the razor's edge regarding activity in a wayward church full of tares. I'm trying to help wake people up to their idolatry and turn them towards the Savior.

We made some new friends this past weekend. They are waking up to our awful situation and are having some growing pains. One is the relief society pres., the husband is a SS teacher. They know a friend who is a bishop who knows/feels the corruption in the church and feels he is there to help people through their faith crisis and turn to Christ and not man.

I do have to wonder how much longer they can stay in these positions. I mean, how can you answer the temple interview questions in good conscience? You'd have to answer them with your perspective and not what the church teaches.
You are exactly right. You have to define words like "sustain" in your own mind when answering such questions. "Full tithe payer" is also a self-defined term for me. After the First Presidency letter of August 2021, I had more stake members of the church approach me privately with questions such as "How can I say I 'sustain' the prophet when they put out a letter like this which I know is fully incorrect?" ... these were people I didn't know because our stake is relatively new and our ward was incorporated from another stake. Why did they ask me? Because I never would wear a mask in church.

I've tortured myself in prayer asking how long I have to "stay in". The only answer so far has been, essentially, "I'll let you know" and inspirations that are quite strong regarding what I should speak about when talking to wards and branches (Christ-focused, repentance-focused, Isaiah/BoM-focused themes). It's a privilege to be directed like this as I consider myself flawed, not an orator, not a scriptorian, and weakness-prone.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

EvanLM wrote: October 20th, 2022, 6:42 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 19th, 2022, 8:45 pm It’s often in poor taste to cast hasty judgement upon a person.
no judgment here. . .just the realization that the people who are speaking in church are speaking what they want instead of the doctrine that is supported by the brethren

he clearly claims that he spoke what he wanted . . .

If I speak at a meeting that supports women and then my talk is not supporting women then I have been hypocrite to the subject. And it doesn't really matter what the subject is. But if the expectation is that one will remain true to the subject then it is hypocrisy to not remain true.

You are the one with prejudice. One cannot join a drug gang then try to convert everyone against drug dealing. One cannot join a group of pro lifers then teach abortion. Those things are hypocrisy.

unfortunately, you see everything as support of the COJCLDS and support of your agenda. I simply see things as the truth or not. This world is full of deceit.

I am seeing why the church appears to be off the tracks and that is cuz people(speakers) are taking it off. I am going to do anything about it or get you ionto trouble, don't worry. I am just stating the clear fact. Ya'll keep fighting over the podium as I have seen done. Each presenting his own agenda .

time to build Zion . . all one
I wasn't clear. I spoke exactly what the Lord inspired me to speak by the Holy Ghost (and I'll do that above what the "church" wants me to say for the rest of my living days). This particular talk was focused on idolatry. I focused on the idols that we often cling to instead of worshiping the Savior: cars, smart-phones, money, popularity, social medial internet points, celebrities, even our temple recommends and "covenant path" and "the prophet".

I'd much rather not have to talk about those things, frankly. And I've been guilty of all of the above, so I don't have holier-than-thou syndrome, believe me.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

LDS Physician wrote: October 20th, 2022, 5:52 am

I'm in the stake presidency. It's actually the opposite of what you think. I love the saints in our stake (and yes, I know many are not saints) and hope to be counted among them when the King of Assyria stomps our nation into the dust. I consider myself "awakened to our awful situation" and find myself walking the razor's edge regarding activity in a wayward church full of tares. I'm trying to help wake people up to their idolatry and turn them towards the Savior.

even better as I have wondered about the leadership . . . this is why RMN made the comments in conference regarding "then—and I plead with you now—to take charge of your own testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel. Work for it. Nurture it so that it will grow. Feed it truth. Don’t pollute it with false philosophies of unbelieving men and women." He is referring to leaders and teachers in the church wasting our time with their own ideas.

you are waking people up? actually let me give you my observation. There many types of COJCLDS people today that have not totally apostatized. The nerds who are left that are constantly fighting over the leadership positions. they use flattery, money, status and everything they can think of to compete for these positions. Unfortunately another group in the COJCLDS are so tired of it. You can't imagine how many of your stake members don't like you. I am not talking about them not liking the church. they do not like you. they do not want to hear from you and they don't want to listen to you. . . the leaders and teachers. Again, most of those members that are trying to stay afloat can barely stand to come to church and put up with all of you leaders who also believe that callings get you into heaven and make your opinions correct. Look at me, look at me, you say.

You rarely do missionary work, never clean churches, never help with activities and in fact, decide which activity is sanctioned and which is not cuz you are now on the high pedestal of only "telling us" what we should be. You have "arrived"

You are the one who is jugmental of your own congregations. Look at your posts . . you "need" to "tell" everyone what they are doing wrong and what they need to do to please you. You are so much smarter than everyone else and that is why you are in charge, right?.

So those members that actually do the work of the church, misssionary work, temple work, ministering, etc are not doing it cuz you said something. Most are still passing the sacrament at home. Most still do the quiet work of the savior without your great self centered talk and your derision of your congregations on this forum and in your talks.

this is where the divide really is, now isn't it. The division between the humble followers of Christ and the mighty leaders. we all learned how insignificant you really are during covid. God taught us all that we can do fine without your talks and opening our eyes. I would suspect that you are around 50 years old.

well, thank you again for the perspective and thank you for just letting me give you my perspective and the voice of many around me.

keep up the good work and thanks again for reminding me the level of hypocrisy in the COJCLDS. You have confirmed all of my suspicions and made me even less likely to trust leaders and teachers since the agenda is clear. And the best part is that word "love". what a great catch phrase