WILDER, WEALTHY, AND WISE

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
HVDC
captain of 1,000

WILDER, WEALTHY, AND WISE

Post by HVDC »

We are pretty lucky.

Enjoy.

It's why we're here.

What's The Meaning of Life

What are we here for? It’s a big question, and one we have to ask now. Sadly, I think the answer for many people would be, “inexpensive Chinese-made throw pillows, new Marvel® movies, and the next iPhone®.”

For most of my life, it was a clear question that didn’t involve any of those things, except maybe affordable throw pillows, because they wear out so very quickly. At some point though, I figured it out. What was it? The meaning of life, or at least the abridged version. The existence of my generation, of any generation, was for two reasons:

First, to create the next generation. It’s the toughest and most fun work in the world. A family, working together, would do the best job possible at creating the best children possible.

Why do we need those children? Why do they need to be better?

The “why” is the essence of the second reason. There are more...

https://wilderwealthywise.com/demoraliz ... ey-get-ya/

Sir H

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Re: WILDER, WEALTHY, AND WISE

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

That meme about Gotham and going full Batman soon was hilarious.

Your point about creating the next generation is true. That's the long game, perhaps -- we out breed them. Generally speaking, the Gotham City bad guys don't seem to be propagating organically. In fact, many of their ideologies seem to be focused on eliminating their own gene pools.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:29 pm That meme about Gotham and going full Batman soon was hilarious.

Your point about creating the next generation is true. That's the long game, perhaps -- we out breed them. Generally speaking, the Gotham City bad guys don't seem to be propagating organically. In fact, many of their ideologies seem to be focused on eliminating their own gene pools.
I wasn't my point, but I agree it is true.

And the Gotham and going full Batman meme cracked me up too.

Life imitating fiction or fiction imitating life.

Hard to tell anymore.

The Inmates are indeed running the Asylum.

By design of course.

Don't look behind the curtain.

Might see a familiar face.

And yes, the Future belongs to those who are there.

Make babies.

Bonus, it's fun.

Homeschool.

Homechurch too.

Sir H

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

When your offspring think you are up in the night because you are still churched, your politics collide with theirs and they think the vx is the best thing since video games--and your kids don't want you teaching their kids anything--it makes you wonder if parenting is all it's cracked up to be.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

NowWhat wrote: September 20th, 2022, 4:34 pm When your offspring think you are up in the night because you are still churched, your politics collide with theirs and they think the vx is the best thing since vidAeo games--and your kids don't want you teaching their kids anything--it makes you wonder if parenting is all it's cracked up to be.
Yup.

I am sure Lehi felt the same.

However.

If you have lots of kids.

You are bound to get a Sam and Nephi once in a while.

Same for grandkids.

Rebellion works both ways.

Wait for it.

Sir H

Mangus MacLeod
captain of 100

Post by Mangus MacLeod »

But that exact kind of thinking has gotten me accused of being a psychopath.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Mangus MacLeod wrote: September 20th, 2022, 6:53 pm But that exact kind of thinking has gotten me accused of being a psychopath.
Yeah.

But not by me.

LOL.

Carry on.

The inmates are running things.

They know lots of big words.

It's all they've got.

Sir H