Walmart and other major retailers cancelling billions of orders

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Walmart and other major retailers cancelling billions of orders

Post by Original_Intent »

So much for "supply chain" being the problem...

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-fina ... ars-orders

What do they know that we don't know?
The holiday season is typically the busiest time of the year for retailers, and at this time in 2021 there was actually a great deal of concern that there wouldn’t be enough inventory due to global supply chain problems. But now everything has changed. All of a sudden major retailers are feverishly canceling orders, and this would only make sense if a severe economic downturn was imminent.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Walmart and other major retailers cancelling billions of orders

Post by Fred »

Original_Intent wrote: September 19th, 2022, 4:19 pm So much for "supply chain" being the problem...

The holiday season is typically the busiest time of the year for retailers, and at this time in 2021 there was actually a great deal of concern that there wouldn’t be enough inventory due to global supply chain problems. But now everything has changed. All of a sudden major retailers are feverishly canceling orders, and this would only make sense if a severe economic downturn was imminent.
Today, my local hardware store had a big sign on the door upon entry that "Prices may be higher than listed."

Prices are currently rising faster than shelf taggers can keep up with.

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

Amazon has been getting much more of my business lately.

..maybe its just the brick and mortar stores realizing that they were to late to the party and cant compete with online merchants anymore.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

randyps wrote: September 19th, 2022, 4:49 pm Amazon has been getting much more of my business lately.

..maybe its just the brick and mortar stores realizing that they were to late to the party and cant compete with online merchants anymore.
I prefer eBay over Amazon because prices are ALWAYS lower because of lower listing fees. I never even look at Amazon unless there isn't a listing on eBay. But sometimes I want it right now. Pretty hard to get that online.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

right now Weyerhauser is striking...they are a big part of the pnw economy....there maybe a big push for union strikes on the horizon as the train workers unions got big wage hikes and more time off.....maybe the big players know thats in the works....i wouldn't doubt that the unions are talking about shutting our economy down in conjunction with the biden admin who probably wants that to happen to further the great reset.....inflation is hitting everyone in the pocketbook hard.....

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 4:56 pm
randyps wrote: September 19th, 2022, 4:49 pm Amazon has been getting much more of my business lately.

I prefer eBay over Amazon because prices are ALWAYS lower because of lower listing fees. I never even look at Amazon unless there isn't a listing on eBay. But sometimes I want it right now. Pretty hard to get that online.
eBay is quicker than the Zon in Alaska.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Original_Intent wrote: September 19th, 2022, 4:19 pm So much for "supply chain" being the problem...

They know that most of us are struggling to just buy food and gas and to pay our utility bills.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Just part of the script.

The Great Reset.

No stopping this now.

Full steam ahead.

Sir H

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Christianlee wrote: September 20th, 2022, 12:50 pmThey know that most of us are struggling to just buy food and gas and to pay our utility bills.
Yeah - seems they see into the future that as inflation surpasses wage increases but people keep spending on credit rather than adjusting, there may be soon many maxing out credit cards…

Consumers tapped as stores cancel orders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Un-BUsXTFLI

Also, the surveillance cameras throughout stores the last couple years have also suggested major stores have been thinking ahead.