Masks no longer required for Church where I live...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Masks no longer required for Church where I live...

Post by Subcomandante »

So our Bishop read a note from the Area Presidency where it has been declared that masks are no longer a requirement to attend services within the Church, and that the sacrament cups can be put back into the trays instead of carried by the members. The change is effective as of next week though it was dated the previous day.

Sunday school happened, and the only two people with masks off were myself and one of the missionaries that is from Minnesota. Everyone else kept their masks on.

We'll see how next Sunday goes. Will return and report later.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: Masks no longer required for Church where I live...

Post by spiritMan »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:08 am So our Bishop read a note from the Area Presidency where it has been declared that masks are no longer a requirement to attend services within the Church, and that the sacrament cups can be put back into the trays instead of carried by the members. The change is effective as of next week though it was dated the previous day.

Sunday school happened, and the only two people with masks off were myself and one of the missionaries that is from Minnesota. Everyone else kept their masks on.

Holy smokes dude . . . . we haven't had masks in 6+ months.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

spiritMan wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:29 am
Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:08 am So our Bishop read a note from the Area Presidency where it has been declared that masks are no longer a requirement to attend services within the Church, and that the sacrament cups can be put back into the trays instead of carried by the members. The change is effective as of next week though it was dated the previous day.

He is in Mexico. It seems that local orders for masks lasted longer there than in the US.
Correct if I’m mistaken, subcomm.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:08 am Sunday school happened, and the only two people with masks off were myself and one of the missionaries that is from Minnesota. Everyone else kept their masks on.
This is how mentally conditioned people have become. The media scared the crap out of them and the church poured on the "love your neighbor, wear a mask" BS. Now, when they say you don't need them, they still wear the darn things. Are they virtue signaling? Do they think they actually do something to stop microscopic particles? I'm guessing the latter.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I bet you're so proud. So happy that Nebuchadnezzar let you take your mask off. You must feel so free and liberated!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

What language is the warning on the unopened mask package that says: "This mask is not effective in preventing covid"?

Seems like in Mexico it ought to be in Spanish so the people can read it and clearly understand it.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:08 am
spiritMan wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:29 am

He is in Mexico. It seems that local orders for masks lasted longer there than in the US.
Correct if I’m mistaken, subcomm.
You are indeed correct.

We only just now got released from the mask orders in the chapel. Places further south (like in South America) not only have mask orders but vax orders as well. Chile is on their fifth shot as we speak with a president that would make Trudeau blush.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:47 am
Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:08 am Sunday school happened, and the only two people with masks off were myself and one of the missionaries that is from Minnesota. Everyone else kept their masks on.
This is how mentally conditioned people have become. The media scared the crap out of them and the church poured on the "love your neighbor, wear a mask" BS. Now, when they say you don't need them, they still wear the darn things. Are they virtue signaling? Do they think they actually do something to stop microscopic particles? I'm guessing the latter.
Conditioning seems like the more likely reason here.

I'll put the O/U next week at 75 percent of the congregation masked. They do it out of obedience more than anything else; there are very few questioners if any.

I'm probably the one that questions things the most in my ward, which is also probably the same reason why I haven't had a calling in eight years or not even so much as a home teaching or ministering assignment. People in my ward call me the Devil's Lawyer.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:05 pm I'm probably the one that questions things the most in my ward, which is also probably the same reason why I haven't had a calling in eight years or not even so much as a home teaching or ministering assignment. People in my ward call me the Devil's Lawyer.
I think you just need to ask the Lord, I'm sure he has many assignments for you. That's how the program should have operated from the beginning. :)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Holy Crap.

I thought this was from Sept 2021.

Take it off, show others you are a freeman.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Trust me, if people are seen without them on, more and more people will realise it's okay not to wear them and the whole thing crumbles. There are only two people who still wear masks in our ward and now THEY are the ones who stick out.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I few times lately I have purposely looked questioningly at people wearing masks then shake my head and walk the other direction.

Totally passive aggressive.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Wow. We haven't been required to wear masks since Feb. 2022. Although actually if you had the jabs, you weren't required to wear the mask. So I stayed home and watched the livestream for months... I went back without a mask before they told me I could.... As of July 2021 we did sacrament water the "regular" way.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

tribrac wrote: September 19th, 2022, 2:45 pm Holy Crap.

I thought this was from Sept 2021.

Take it off, show others you are a freeman.
I already have, bro :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

tribrac wrote: September 19th, 2022, 3:00 pm I few times lately I have purposely looked questioningly at people wearing masks then shake my head and walk the other direction.

Totally passive aggressive.
Actually one quick way to undermine them is if they start talking to you with one on, tell them you are having trouble hearing them. They often take it off.

But if people wish to wear them, that is a choice. They have to allow others to make their choice though

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

That is crazy! I wouldn't go if masks were required (especially if they required kids to wear them). We recently had our primary program and I was extremely saddened at how many kids have bad speech impediments. These were kids whos parents made them wear masks all the time, even outside. I can't obviously prove it was because of masks, but that seems to be the one common thread. They are all around the same age (5 to 8). It's really sad. When they required them in our ward my wife and I refused. We got passive-aggressive stares, but that just made us laugh. One day we were walking into our sacrament meeting and a family was walking out. They mentioned they didn't have their masks and everyone was wearing them so they were leaving. We told them "who cares! Come sit with us. We don't ever wear them". Slowly people stopped wearing them. For many, it was after they got COVID-19 even after religiously wearing the masks and getting all the shots. 🙄 It was terrifying to see just how fast people will mindlessly fall in order without any questioning. Herd mentality and fear is honestly like a powerful drug.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

Crazy that you have a hold Ward wearing masks still.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

When the mask manufacturer says that the mask is merely a toy for children to play eugenics games, and anyone with a functioning brain knows that a chain link fence won't keep mosquitos out, one should have enough discernment to flip anyone the bird that suggests one be worn.

The area 70s in the USA are mere puppets following the incompetent profit to satan's world. One could hope that area 70s in other countries are able to read and are smart enough to know that a virus a thousand times smaller than a hair finds a cloth mask to be no obstacle at all. But if they too, would rather follow satan than Christ, then every member should immediately stop paying tithing and attending church.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:05 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:47 am
Conditioning seems like the more likely reason here.

I'll put the O/U next week at 75 percent of the congregation masked. They do it out of obedience more than anything else; there are very few questioners if any.

I'm probably the one that questions things the most in my ward, which is also probably the same reason why I haven't had a calling in eight years or not even so much as a home teaching or ministering assignment. People in my ward call me the Devil's Lawyer.
This made me laugh!

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I just got back from a Hawaiian vacation. You could tell who the visitors are and who the locals are. The locals were still wearing masks. No masks at the beach and visitor areas. Get into locals type areas and they were mostly wearing masks.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:21 pm When the mask manufacturer says that the mask is merely a toy for children to play eugenics games, and anyone with a functioning brain knows that a chain link fence won't keep mosquitos out, one should have enough discernment to flip anyone the bird that suggests one be worn.

The area 70s in the USA are mere puppets following the incompetent profit to satan's world. One could hope that area 70s in other countries are able to read and are smart enough to know that a virus a thousand times smaller than a hair finds a cloth mask to be no obstacle at all. But if they too, would rather follow satan than Christ, then every member should immediately stop paying tithing and attending church.
On the flip side of the equation, if a mask is incapable of keeping viruses out, it is even more incapable of trapping molecules of carbon dioxide in the mask itself, given that viruses are 50 times bigger than carbon dioxide molecules.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:43 pm
Fred wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:21 pm When the mask manufacturer says that the mask is merely a toy for children to play eugenics games, and anyone with a functioning brain knows that a chain link fence won't keep mosquitos out, one should have enough discernment to flip anyone the bird that suggests one be worn.

On the flip side of the equation, if a mask is incapable of keeping viruses out, it is even more incapable of trapping molecules of carbon dioxide in the mask itself, given that viruses are 50 times bigger than carbon dioxide molecules.
Do you ever read what you write? As in it has nothing to do with anything. Anyone saying a mask works is a liar. Now there are masks and space suits that would work, but that also is irrelevant.

PeacefulProtests
captain of 100

Post by PeacefulProtests »

Give it time, it might take a few months but eventually everybody will take it off

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Wow, didn't Biden just officially announce the end of the pandemic just recently too? Golly gee wilikers, batman.

Moroni104
captain of 100

Post by Moroni104 »

That's great news! Thanks for sharing.