Social media skit: 1950s woman meets a modern woman

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Social media skit: 1950s woman meets a modern woman

Post by BuriedTartaria »

https://twitter.com/BritMartinez/status ... 5909144576

Society seems to be waking up and realizing modern life is unhealthy.

I’m seeing some really eye-opening inner reflection from audiences I didn’t think I’d find it from

This was a little hard to read; “I Regret Being a Slut”
https://bridgetphetasy.substack.com/p/slut-regret

^^^ really respect the strength and humility it took for the author to write this. May God bless her and her husband’s marriage

Edit: I’m not trying to seem critical of women. I adore women, my life would be empty without the experiences I’ve had with good women I’ve known. I’m critical of modernity. I apologize the two things I shared criticizing modernity centered on women. That wasn’t my intention. I really love the material that woman wrote in the article I shared. I found it very powerful. I think it’s hard for women to find a quality modern man.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Social media skit: 1950s woman meets a modern woman

Post by FoundMyEden »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 5:39 pm https://twitter.com/BritMartinez/status ... 5909144576

I’m seeing some really eye-opening inner reflection from audiences I didn’t think I’d find it from

^^^ really respect the strength and humility it took for the author to write this. May God bless her and her husband’s marriage

Edit: I’m not trying to seem critical of women. I adore women, my life would be empty without the experiences I’ve had with good women I’ve known. I’m critical of modernity. I apologize the two things I shared criticizing modernity centered on women. That wasn’t my intention. I really love the material that woman wrote in the article I shared. I found it very powerful. I think it’s hard for women to find a quality modern man.
I think the first comment in response to her article, made by an older woman of 70+, was worthy of an article on it’s own. Take a look-see if you haven’t. Her wisdom was quite refreshing.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

FoundMyEden wrote: September 18th, 2022, 11:12 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 5:39 pm https://twitter.com/BritMartinez/status ... 5909144576

I think the first comment in response to her article, made by an older woman of 70+, was worthy of an article on it’s own. Take a look-see if you haven’t. Her wisdom was quite refreshing.
Read her essay.

And the comments.

She hasn't actually learned a thing.

She is still jealous of men.

And angry that she feels any guilt at all.

Just remorse that she couldn't walk away from her feelings.

Like men apparently do.

Sad really.

Especially the advice she plans to give her daughter.

The cycle of stupidity continues.

Slut shaming?

Why bother.

Sir H

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

HVDC wrote: September 19th, 2022, 5:31 am

Read her essay.

And the comments.

Like men apparently do.

Sad really.

Slut shaming?

Why bother.

Sir H
yeah, I was going to say, it's a good start, but at 43, I don't think she's quite figured it out. Good start though.

Just to add for all the still-single dudes out there: if you find a Trad-Wife (R) - one who actually enjoys the so-called drudgery of being a woman - like taking care of her family, keeping the house in order, teaching her children - basically being a mom - if you find one of those, you should drop whatever you are doing, quit your job if you have to, and move across the country to marry her. They are extremely rare.

All of that said, you better be a Trad-Husband (R) if you want a Trad-Wife - you better be able to slay dragons in the workplace, keep her car running, fix (or build!) her a house, mow the lawn, wash the dishes, carry a tune, have a library (not just a man-cave), and let the kids ride on your back like a pony.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Read her essay.

And the comments.

Like men apparently do.

Sad really.

Slut shaming?

Why bother.

Sir H
I’m not talking about the author of the essay.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

the article “I Regret Being a Slut” was a good read.

I found that by substituting "feminine power" in the place of "sex" in many of her sentences, it took on a deeper meaning.

She was actually discussing many topics at the same time with brutal honesty.

The revolt against patriarchy hasn't turned out well for the family and society these past 50 yrs.

Women need men although they are taught to hate the idea. Their genetics and gender are telling them one thing while every aspect of the media and churches is teaching them the opposite. She is pointing this out throughout her discourse. In general, men today are also very confused and don't know how to lead. Most men are stupid and follow their sex drive, so... when a woman presents herself sexually, he gladly takes advantage of the opportunity.

Many women are now waking up to the fact a traditional family is what makes them the happiest and what has been pushed , which is feminine "power" , has made them miserable. She labeled it the power to seduce men. It isn't power, it's self destruction.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

FoundMyEden wrote: September 19th, 2022, 1:25 pm

Read her essay.

And the comments.

Like men apparently do.

Sad really.

Slut shaming?

Why bother.

Sir H
I’m not talking about the author of the essay.
Yeah.

I was responding to the O.P.

I did like that first comment as well.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sir H
Last edited by HVDC on September 19th, 2022, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

FrankOne wrote: September 19th, 2022, 1:48 pm the article “I Regret Being a Slut” was a good read.

I found that by substituting "feminine power" in the place of "sex" in many of her sentences, it took on a deeper meaning.

The revolt against patriarchy hasn't turned out well for the family and society these past 50 yrs.

Women need men although they are taught to hate the idea. Their genetics and gender are telling them one thing while every aspect of the media and churches is teaching them the opposite. She is pointing this out throughout her discourse. In general, men today are also very confused and don't know how to lead. Most men are stupid and follow their sex drive, so... when a woman presents herself sexually, he gladly takes advantage of the opportunity.

Many women are now waking up to the fact a traditional family is what makes them the happiest and what has been pushed , which is feminine "power" , has made them miserable. She labeled it the power to seduce men. It isn't power, it's self destruction.
You can still have a traditional family, where the wife stays home taking care of her children and the husband is working as well, and not have it be a "patriarchy," where the husband feels entitled to rule over his wife in every aspect of life. They can still be equal partners and have equal respect for each other's work. It's just different jobs the each do, a division of labor working together. Not one above the other but partners. Perhaps if men wouldn't expect this patriarchy set-up, we wouldn't have women rebelling and looking for freedom outside the marriage environment.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Sarah wrote: September 19th, 2022, 1:57 pm
FrankOne wrote: September 19th, 2022, 1:48 pm the article “I Regret Being a Slut” was a good read.

You can still have a traditional family, where the wife stays home taking care of her children and the husband is working as well, and not have it be a "patriarchy," where the husband feels entitled to rule over his wife in every aspect of life. They can still be equal partners and have equal respect for each other's work. It's just different jobs the each do, a division of labor working together. Not one above the other but partners. Perhaps if men wouldn't expect this patriarchy set-up, we wouldn't have women rebelling and looking for freedom outside the marriage environment.
I compare the strength of families of the1950's and a thousand years previous to today as in...right now. From that comparison, I draw conclusions.

Since I have been engaged in dialogues with you before, I realize that you'll just argue my conclusions. I'll just leave it right there.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Read her essay.

And the comments.

Like men apparently do.

Sad really.

Slut shaming?

Why bother.

Sir H
I agree the advice given to her daughter is a cringe. Poor understanding of the real virtue of women. She has learned some, but not all. Maybe baby steps is better, than none at all?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

FrankOne wrote: September 19th, 2022, 2:04 pm
Sarah wrote: September 19th, 2022, 1:57 pm

I compare the strength of families of the1950's and a thousand years previous to today as in...right now. From that comparison, I draw conclusions.

Since I have been engaged in dialogues with you before, I realize that you'll just argue my conclusions. I'll just leave it right there.
Right, you assume that because families stuck together back then it was because men were the boss of the house. I don't believe that was the main reason families stuck together. I'm sure you had some wives afraid to leave abusive husbands. Just because back then families stuck together more often than not, doesn't mean they were happy or healthy families. I know a lot of older couples who stayed together their whole lives, but were lacking in love.

If a husband was dominating over his wife, she may have had no other choice back then but to stay with him because she didn't have a way of feeding herself. Likewise, many men stuck it out with domineering or mean wives because they felt societal or family pressure to never divorce. There were a lot of factors that kept families in tact back in the "good ol' days" such as religious beliefs, and more conservative values in general, recognizing the value of children and marriage in general. But husbandarchy should not be a value we perpetuate where a husband feels entitled to rule over his wife. A wife should feel equal with her husband in value and feel her role, opinions, insights and wants are just as prioritized as the husband's. It's is the same argument as the one for more centralized government as opposed to a balanced de-centralized government, because centralization helps a nation stay "strong."