Church gives another 32 Million of your tithing funds to the UN

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church gives another 32 Million of your tithing funds to the UN

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:30 am
Cruiserdude wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:25 am
Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:22 am It took a briefcase with a $100k in unmarked low denomination US currency to get the Las Vegas temple built...

If you live in the neighborhood...gotta pay the piper the protection money...
render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s
That sounds like us, sounds like something we would do πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Reality of living in the current world....you pay taxes right?
I'm not ripping on it hermano, it really does sound like something we'd do.
I'm sure plenty of stuff like that has been done since our inception. Before, I used to really put the church on this righteous pedestal, but learning more and more about the details of our church's existence I've come to really lower those parts of my standards/expectations of the church as it pertains to it existing in this telestial world. And that's also not a dig at the church, it's a sincere statement.....And actually, you've been one to help me see and understand this more clearly. πŸ‘

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:22 am It took a briefcase with a $100k in unmarked low denomination US currency to get the Las Vegas temple built...

render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s
The reason why we live in the world we live in is a direct result of the failure of the early latter day saints.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:39 am

I'm sure plenty of stuff like that has been done since our inception. Before, I used to really put the church on this righteous pedestal, but learning more and more about the details of our church's existence I've come to really lower those parts of my standards/expectations of the church as it pertains to it existing in this telestial world. And that's also not a dig at the church, it's a sincere statement.....And actually, you've been one to help me see and understand this more clearly. πŸ‘
My brother served his mission under the guidance of the youngest man to ever serve as mission president (that I know of). My brother made some mistakes...lost his membership...regained it but no restoration of the priesthood. This former mission president visited my brother some 20+ years later as a 70 while on a speaking assignment at a church university. Read him the riot act about getting his life in order. 4 months later the 70 was excommunicated for having an affair with his secretary.

Hat's off to the man for seeking out, going out of his way and schedule, to connect up and provide words of encouragement to his former missionary of some 20+ years in the past.

Kind of like the plethora of missionary screw ups. We are human and corruptible. We live in a world that is corruptible...and satan desperately trying to lay claim to it all and destroy it in the process.

Gospel of Jesus Christ is still true. Priesthood power and keys are still real. Still God's church and the priesthood ordinances continue day in and day out....

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:42 am

The reason why we live in the world we live in is a direct result of the failure of the early latter day saints.
Always blaming others....

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:52 am
Cruiserdude wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:39 am

My brother served his mission under the guidance of the youngest man to ever serve as mission president (that I know of). My brother made some mistakes...lost his membership...regained it but no restoration of the priesthood. This former mission president visited my brother some 20+ years later as a 70 while on a speaking assignment at a church university. Read him the riot act about getting his life in order. 4 months later the 70 was excommunicated for having an affair with his secretary.

Hat's off to the man for seeking out, going out of his way and schedule, to connect up and provide words of encouragement to his former missionary of some 20+ years in the past.

Kind of like the plethora of missionary screw ups. We are human and corruptible. We live in a world that is corruptible...and satan desperately trying to lay claim to it all and destroy it in the process.

Gospel of Jesus Christ is still true. Priesthood power and keys are still real. Still God's church and the priesthood ordinances continue day in and day out....
It's the stories of things like that, that just kill me inside. My heart really does start to feel heavy whe I see all the stuff people have to go through(whether their own doing or not).
The greatest line possibly ever spoken is what brings me peace in the midst of all these terrible things,
'We will provide a Savior for him'

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I don’t know if that’s true. What do you think of this verse?

β€œAnd when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.β€œ 1 Nephi 14:17

After the fall of all churches, the work of the Father will begin and his covenants to his people Israel will be made.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 10:53 am

Am I wrong? Are our church leaders today doing what they are supposed to be doing? By which standard are we to be measuring these men today?

Paying Caesar his dues is one thing, joining with Caesar is another.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Mamabear wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 11:34 am

β€œAnd when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.β€œ 1 Nephi 14:17

After the fall of all churches, the work of the Father will begin and his covenants to his people Israel will be made.
I think you both are correct.

1. The early saints did not establish zion...nor have the contemporary saints.

2. The ramifications of that are leading to the fulfilling the covenant.

God knew #1 would happen...which makes #2 necessary...which He also knew from the beginning.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The Red Pill wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Mamabear wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 11:34 am

I think you both are correct.

1. The early saints did not establish zion...nor have the contemporary saints.

2. The ramifications of that are leading to the fulfilling the covenant.

God knew #1 would happen...which makes #2 necessary...which He also knew from the beginning.
And ancient prophets knew too. Some even wrote about it.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Lizzy60 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:25 pm They already have a way to provide aid in poor countries. We have missionaries, senior missionaries, bishops and branch presidents, stake presidents, area authorities, and temple authorities. They could find a way to get food and other supplies to these countries through people who are more trustworthy than the UN and the people they work with.
Excellent point! Why use someone else's system when yours is far better and long since up and running?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Shawn Henry wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:25 pm They already have a way to provide aid in poor countries. We have missionaries, senior missionaries, bishops and branch presidents, stake presidents, area authorities, and temple authorities. They could find a way to get food and other supplies to these countries through people who are more trustworthy than the UN and the people they work with.
Excellent point! Why use someone else's system when yours is far better and long since up and running?
Praise of the world. And signaling to them that we approve of their system.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

FreedomJess wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 10:04 pm I think our institution has been infiltrated as far back as close to the beginning.
Brigham Young and the Secret Chamber.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Shawn Henry wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:30 pm
FreedomJess wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 10:04 pm I think our institution has been infiltrated as far back as close to the beginning.
I think you mean the chamber of secrets. 😏

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Yes indeed, it didn't take long for Cain to screw things up from the Adam beginning....ditto with Brigham from the Joseph beginning.

The more I study the real church history...the version from the original documents...BEFORE TOMFOOLERY...the more I realize the damage Brigham did.

FreedomJess
captain of 100

Post by FreedomJess »

The Secret Chamber by Val Brinkerhoff is actually what woke me up to the early leaders.
Thanks to Reluctant Watchman (if I remember correctly) on this forum for the recommendation in one of his posts.

The book is so eye opening. And I couldn’t deny how much sense it made. Changed my whole perspective and my life for that matter.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Subcomandante wrote: ↑September 16th, 2022, 8:06 pm Our only responsibility is to tithe. Where that tithing money ends up going is the leaders' responsibility.

You will not be judged if your tithing ended up in the wrong place. The leaders will be judged for that, far more severely than we would if we withheld our tithing.
Total BS!

What you just said is completely antithetical to gospel. We are to be agents unto ourselves and will be held accountable for the money that God made us stewards over. We can't shirk that responsibility.

If we know our money should be going to the poor and it is not, we have a moral responsibility to fix the problem and there is no reason we can't give our tithing money ourselves and still live the law of tithing.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

FreedomJess wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:54 pm The Secret Chamber by Val Brinkerhoff is actually what woke me up to the early leaders.
Thanks to Reluctant Watchman (if I remember correctly) on this forum for the recommendation in one of his posts.

The book is so eye opening. And I couldn’t deny how much sense it made. Changed my whole perspective and my life for that matter.
Yeah, it's a great book, I've read it too. The best book out there is Solving the Prophet Puzzle by Watcher. That will put everything into place.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 12:16 pm

Am I wrong? Are our church leaders today doing what they are supposed to be doing? By which standard are we to be measuring these men today?

Always worried about what the other guy is doing....

What are YOU doing to make a difference???

They are doing what they need to do....and it's their stewardship and accountability...and God will deal with His....however He sees fit...

What are YOU doing to further God's work??? Saving ordinances? Spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ?

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Jason wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 3:48 pm

They are doing what they need to do....and it's their stewardship and accountability...and God will deal with His....however He sees fit...

What are YOU doing to further God's work??? Saving ordinances? Spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ?
I would say InfoWarrior82 is calling a spade a spade...in other words telling the truth about the reality of things...much like Christ and the past prophets have told us to do.

Christ had MUCH to say about the hypocrites in the CHURCH of His time. He called them out constantly.

Our current leaders ARE NOT doing what they need to do...such as URGING a deadly-jab and joining with Babylon UN types.

By asking what he is doing, you are implying that you are doing something better than he is doing. You are trying to shame him and elevate yourself.

InfoWarrior82 is doing what he feels is important, you do what you feel is important. He is placing his bets on what he feels is right...so are you.

Not far from now...ALL cards will be on the table. We will all know which player had the winning hand.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

What am I doing? I dunno, trying to keep the commandments the best I can as I understand them. I believe helping others awaken to a sense of their awful situation is one of those commandments.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

silverado wrote: ↑September 16th, 2022, 10:17 am
lundbaek wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 11:07 pm In my opinion this is just BRIBERY to establish and maintain good will with powers that could hinder the Church's missionary and building programs.
This can also hinder missionary work. One of the Church's selling points is that we have true prophets. This and several other things in the last several years do not seem very inspired (looks more like joining Babylon). I really don't feel comfortable inviting my non-member/inactive friends and family to the Church anymore. I'm sure others feel the same way.
True.
Those who see the UN in a bad light will see those who associate with the UN (like the LDS church) also in a negative way.

Does the lds church really care about individual votes, opinions, needs?
No? Neither does the UN - at least according to some…

”… there is considerable skepticism that the UN cares about the needs of ordinary people. A median of 53% believe this to be the case, but that share falls as low as 38% in Germany and Italy, and lower still in France (35%), South Korea (30%) and Japan (26%)...”
https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020 ... d-nations/

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Shawn Henry wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:59 pm
Subcomandante wrote: ↑September 16th, 2022, 8:06 pm Our only responsibility is to tithe. Where that tithing money ends up going is the leaders' responsibility.

You will not be judged if your tithing ended up in the wrong place. The leaders will be judged for that, far more severely than we would if we withheld our tithing.
Total BS!

What you just said is completely antithetical to gospel. We are to be agents unto ourselves and will be held accountable for the money that God made us stewards over. We can't shirk that responsibility.

If we know our money should be going to the poor and it is not, we have a moral responsibility to fix the problem and there is no reason we can't give our tithing money ourselves and still live the law of tithing.
When Abraham gave his tithes he didn't do so to some random stranger in Caanan, Ur, or Egypt. He gave them to Melchizedek. Of course, these tithes would not have been bills and coins, but in kind (which the Church still accepts today btw).

Why Melchizedek?

Because he was the presiding High Priest, more than likely Shem ben Noach (who was still alive during Abraham's time and as the oldest direct descendant of Noach, would have been the presiding high priest). Melchizedek is seen in the Scriptures as having been involved in wars. I don't think that it ever entered Abraham's mind that the tithing that he was giving Melchizedek would perhaps be involved as war supplies.

What do we learn from this?

Pay your tithing to those who have the authority to receive tithing. If you do this, you'll be blessed. For any tithing money that is handled in a way that is not pleasing to the Lord, those that receive the tithes will be judged for robbing God.

This is also the message that is given by way of the prophet Malachi that would later be received by none other than Joseph Smith.

It is also the Lord that sets the rules in how tithing monies are to be distributed. It is not a static command; modifications can be made according to the Lord's priorities.

None of this is, as you put it, BS. This can be found in the Scriptures. Changes have been made over time as to the commandment and its execution.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

The Red Pill wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 5:04 pm

I would say InfoWarrior82 is calling a spade a spade...in other words telling the truth about the reality of things...much like Christ and the past prophets have told us to do.

Christ had MUCH to say about the hypocrites in the CHURCH of His time. He called them out constantly.

Our current leaders ARE NOT doing what they need to do...such as URGING a deadly-jab and joining with Babylon UN types.

By asking what he is doing, you are implying that you are doing something better than he is doing. You are trying to shame him and elevate yourself.

InfoWarrior82 is doing what he feels is important, you do what you feel is important. He is placing his bets on what he feels is right...so are you.

Not far from now...ALL cards will be on the table. We will all know which player had the winning hand.
Indeed time is clicking away...shouldn't have to wait too long...

Didn't have anything to do with me...it was simply pointing out he's always ranting about what someone else is not doing....

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Lizzy60 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:36 pm
Christianlee wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:31 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:25 pm
Christianlee wrote: ↑September 15th, 2022, 1:01 pm It seems to me the church should be spending the money through an agency it creates itself with feet on the ground in these foreign countries. The UN doesn’t convert anyone to Christ. Feeding souls and stomachs at the same time might be more expensive, but that is the church’s mission even if it doesn’t baptize anyone by doing it.
They already have a way to provide aid in poor countries. We have missionaries, senior missionaries, bishops and branch presidents, stake presidents, area authorities, and temple authorities. They could find a way to get food and other supplies to these countries through people who are more trustworthy than the UN and the people they work with.
So what is the Church’s incentive to give tithing funds to the UN?
Praise of the world.

2 Nephi 26:29
[29] He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.
#lighttheworld

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Shawn Henry wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 2:01 pm
FreedomJess wrote: ↑September 17th, 2022, 1:54 pm The Secret Chamber by Val Brinkerhoff is actually what woke me up to the early leaders.

Yeah, it's a great book, I've read it too. The best book out there is Solving the Prophet Puzzle by Watcher. That will put everything into place.
As an augment to Solving the Prophet Puzzle check Taylor Drake's book called Joseph in the Gap. Watcher and Drake are good friends and they both speak to the same issues.

Joseph in the Gap: The Hidden History That Explains Mormonism's Past, Present, and Future

Joseph in the Gap explores the hidden role of Joseph Smith as an intercessor for a people who had rejected the Lord’s higher laws. Like Moses, who interceded for the children of Israel, Joseph stood in the gap before the Lord on behalf of the Latter-day Saints who failed to live the law of the celestial kingdom and establish Zion. The troubling aspects of Joseph’s behavior later in life are more easily comprehended with an understanding that this intercession placed upon him the burden of sin and ultimately resulted in his being sacrificed at Carthage. With this enlightenment, one can appreciate Joseph not only as a true prophet, but also as a fallen prophetβ€”an instrument of the Lord tasked with testing his people, to see if they would stay true to the purity of the gospel, or be seduced into following corrupt practices. The present-day ramifications of this hidden history are explored in depth, along with Joseph’s future role in the Lord’s marvelous work and a wonder. With this understanding, questioning Mormons realize that they don't need to jettison their faith in God when confronted with challenging facts about their religious history or the institutional church.
https://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Gap-Histo ... B08YQCQB87

Mormonism LIVE ! 029: Another One Bites the Dust--An interview with Taylor Drake author of Joseph in the Gap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGIGMbDH0Qg

Resurrected Joseph Smith to play a role in the End Times? Interview of Taylor Drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3gpLfa4V0