Are We Preparing For A New Jerusalem?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
CaptainM
captain of 100

Are We Preparing For A New Jerusalem?

Post by CaptainM »

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Are We Preparing For A New Jerusalem?

Post by Jason »

CaptainM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 5:32 pm https://www.brighteon.com/c0433dc3-1000 ... 4b9dea27e2

In Christ. Best wishes…
preparing for the cleansing that will come first...

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Jason wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 9:30 pm
CaptainM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 5:32 pm https://www.brighteon.com/c0433dc3-1000 ... 4b9dea27e2

In Christ. Best wishes…
preparing for the cleansing that will come first...
Yup. Zion begins in the heart.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

I feel like having it in your heart is the first step. Then having it in your relationship with your spouse, then your kids. Then your extended family. Then your neighborhood / ward.

But how do you find others with Zion in their heart? Maybe you won't have to - maybe the miracle of Zion will be everyone with it in their heart will "just know" when to do things, and who to organize with, when to gather, etc. maybe it will be completely organic.

The way things are going at the church HQ (aka "the Mormon Deep State") - well: it doesn't look like relying on them is going to help any. (BTW: anyone go to the drag queen rally in provo over the weekend? lol)

yeah.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

mudflap wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:31 pm I feel like having it in your heart is the first step. Then having it in your relationship with your spouse, then your kids. Then your extended family. Then your neighborhood / ward.

But how do you find others with Zion in their heart? Maybe you won't have to - maybe the miracle of Zion will be everyone with it in their heart will "just know" when to do things, and who to organize with, when to gather, etc. maybe it will be completely organic.

The way things are going at the church HQ (aka "the Mormon Deep State") - well: it doesn't look like relying on them is going to help any. (BTW: anyone go to the drag queen rally in provo over the weekend? lol)

yeah.
I have a very different view upon this subject. Zion will be built when G_d initiates the commandment to begin. It will almost exclusively be to those who's names were written in the Lamb's book of Life, from before the foundations of the earth. It is what I call 'Fourth Estate Beings'.

Where does is start after G_d clarion call goes out? Repentance, Repentence, and Repend Again. We live if Babylon and we are defiled daily, we do not eat all kosher foods, we do not keep all the commanded feasts. We do not keep the Sabbath upon the appointed Holy Days. We lack power in the Priesthood, to come into the Presence of the Messiah, and to have enough Faith to unite with other men (mortals) and trust them with your life savings. Who is willing to give up their career, their home, their extended family and friends, and even some of the members of their own family, to gather? Who believes enough to except the mortal who the Messiah will appoint, and will gather to the appointed place, when you might not even have a home, or to a place where we might need manna to sustain us. G_d will not be personally appearing to everyone, when you are called to gather!

I was told 30 years ago that if I could find five families, we could begin. I have never found more than one or two at different times. Not that it would be Zion, but blessings are predicated upon the principles, laws, or commandments you kept. Cursing are decreed for the braking of Covenant made and not kept!

I myself have visited over a dozen United Orders and I have lived to two Orders, one in the west desert of Utah and one in Independence, Missouri. Those who will live this principle and law, are driven to it like a moth to a flame or light.

Shalom

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

There is an unknown period between collapse of the American empire and new Jerusalem established. I have read basically everything there is on the subject in and out of the church. I personally have found nothing clarifying about how long the transition will require. Seems like one can make a quote filled case for any period between months and decades.

Relevant that ancient Israel had to wander Egypt 40 years and the old generation, including Moses, had to die off so that they could begin fresh in the Lords ways and weights. They had simply been slaves! They were nothing like this brainwashed, lying, and addicted bunch of evil parade marchers that we have become.

I would not bet a single penny on more than a handful of us SLC members going and at most a fraction of church leadership. Every year it becomes painfully obvious why.

I would put my own chances at extremely unlikely. That said, I am trying to prepare my kids that some of them might go and I might even help them get there. Even if we don't, for me its a long term "eye on the prize" long term goal situation. Asking myself what seems fine now but would be incompatible with a millennial New Jerusalem has been an extremely healthy mental exercise.

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

“I know that Zion in the due time of the Lord, will be redeemed; but how many will be the days of her purification tribulation, and affliction, the Lord has kept hid from my eyes; and when I inquire concerning this subject, the voice of the Lord is: Be still, and know that I am God! all those who suffer for my name shall reign with me, and he that layeth down his life for my sake shall find it again.” (Joseph Smith Letter to Edward Partridge and Others, 10 December 1833)

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

hedgehog wrote: September 6th, 2022, 10:51 pm There is an unknown period between collapse of the American empire and new Jerusalem established. I have read basically everything there is on the subject in and out of the church. I personally have found nothing clarifying about how long the transition will require. Seems like one can make a quote filled case for any period between months and decades.

Relevant that ancient Israel had to wander Egypt 40 years and the old generation, including Moses, had to die off so that they could begin fresh in the Lords ways and weights. They had simply been slaves! They were nothing like this brainwashed, lying, and addicted bunch of evil parade marchers that we have become.

I would not bet a single penny on more than a handful of us SLC members going and at most a fraction of church leadership. Every year it becomes painfully obvious why.

I would put my own chances at extremely unlikely. That said, I am trying to prepare my kids that some of them might go and I might even help them get there. Even if we don't, for me its a long term "eye on the prize" long term goal situation. Asking myself what seems fine now but would be incompatible with a millennial New Jerusalem has been an extremely healthy mental exercise.
I have not read everything available to me about this but the Spirit of the lord has told me this through studying and pondering end times. Your time period is true and is talked about in both Daniel 7:12 and Revelation 8:1

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Both Nephi and Christ taught that there would be a Restoration (light breaking forth), THEN a period of tribulation, and THEN the work of the Father would commence. We have a lot of world history yet to go.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I have heard nothing of New Jerusalem from our church leaders today. Probably because they don't understand it. They teach that they are already building up the kingdom of God on the earth through missionary work and that it somehow means the same thing as building New Jerusalem.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 9:04 am I have heard nothing of New Jerusalem from our church leaders today. Probably because they don't understand it. They teach that they are already building up the kingdom of God on the earth through missionary work and that it somehow means the same thing as building New Jerusalem.
I don't know about that. Wendy Nelson speculated, "what if" Jesus had appeared to the brethren at Adán-ondi-Ahmánn... SMH
They allude to many things.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 10th, 2022, 10:21 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 9:04 am I have heard nothing of New Jerusalem from our church leaders today. Probably because they don't understand it. They teach that they are already building up the kingdom of God on the earth through missionary work and that it somehow means the same thing as building New Jerusalem.
I don't know about that. Wendy Nelson speculated, "what if" Jesus had appeared to the brethren at Adán-ondi-Ahmánn... SMH

Right. Everything about this subject is never directly taught or expounded on by our leaders. Always speculation and allusion. It is one of the many doctrines that have been changed / withheld. It's not even a "deep doctrine"!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 12:11 pm

Right. Everything about this subject is never directly taught or expounded on by our leaders. Always speculation and allusion. It is one of the many doctrines that have been changed / withheld. It's not even a "deep doctrine"!
Timing is everything...a bit of water that has to go under the bridge first...

...always leaders this and leaders that...never I'm doing this or that to make a difference...blame game....

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: September 10th, 2022, 1:06 pm

...always leaders this and leaders that...never I'm doing this or that to make a difference...blame game....
Yes yes, they are certainly blameless.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 1:19 pm

Well it is a pickle when you expect them to be Captain Moroni and march on DC all while you curl up at home on your Microsoft/Apple/Google tablet ranting about them on LDSFF...

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: September 10th, 2022, 9:25 pm

Well it is a pickle when you expect them to be Captain Moroni and march on DC all while you curl up at home on your Microsoft/Apple/Google tablet ranting about them on LDSFF...
I'd love to rant about their fruits of prophets, except they don't have any. Just corrupt fruits. Maybe if I rant about them for a bit, then the average TBM will finally realize that "the prophet can never lead the church astray" has always been false doctrine.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 10th, 2022, 10:47 pm

I'd love to rant about their fruits of prophets, except they don't have any. Just corrupt fruits. Maybe if I rant about them for a bit, then the average TBM will finally realize that "the prophet can never lead the church astray" has always been false doctrine.
No offense but I'll take their fruit any day over what comes out of here...because the measurement stick has some obvious kinks and twists in it as well as constrained to 1D in a 3D world...

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:00 pm

No offense but I'll take their fruit any day over what comes out of here...because the measurement stick has some obvious kinks and twists in it as well as constrained to 1D in a 3D world...
Wait... so you're saying you'll accept their corrupt fruits as signs they are true prophets of God?

I'll ask again (it's not a rhetorical question)

Can a good tree produce corrupt fruits?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:17 pm
Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:00 pm

Wait... so you're saying you'll accept their corrupt fruits as signs they are true prophets of God?

I'll ask again (it's not a rhetorical question)

Can a good tree produce corrupt fruits?
What fruits are you picking to measure by? Ever found a tree where the fruit was 100% of one type, flavor, condition, worm and bug free, etc?

I get the way to judge as laid out for us. That said if you hand pick your own special fruit measured according to your own eyes (beams, twigs, sticks, and all)...well usually you find what you go searching for...

Yeah I didn't like or care for the Covid stance and comments. One prayer away on one day from turning in my temple recommend over that one thing. But I did pray and I got personal revelation for me. Over time I believe my eyes have been opened to things I hadn't previously considered. I realized I had been spouting off about conspiracy for however many decades...and no kidding...its real and its powerful. At least until God says that's it. Until then we compromise to exist in this world (if we are trying to live as taught such that we hope to be able to go home to a Heavenly Father and Mother at some point in time).

That compromise comes in numerous forms. From electronics we use, occupation or economic pursuits, where we live, what we spend our economic resources on, etc etc etc. Use a smartphone despite knowing they can utilize the camera and/or microphone whenever they want in whatever situation you happen to be in at the moment?

Certainly some folks in a handful of areas had some latitude in their approach to how they dealt with Covid vs federal executive orders/intent. A few others had some choices with more serious consequences. Most I would say were in situations where they had to comply or face extremely serious consequences.

While there are health ramifications and ones that continue to arise....many of the predictions by a few of the whistleblowers have not manifested to the degree that they forecast. Not to down play it...but again reiterate that we are in the final inning. No kidding on the cusp of seeing changes in the world that have been forecasted for 1000's of years.

They were in a pickle. They chose the direction they felt to be of least harm when weighing all in the balance. May not be your personal direction...but you weren't in their shoes carrying their burden and responsibilities.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm
What fruits are you picking to measure by? Ever found a tree where the fruit was 100% of one type, flavor, condition, worm and bug free, etc?

Great question. I'll use the scriptures as a standard.

Someone has already come up with 10-11 fruits of a prophet from known canon:

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/hugh-b-b ... a-prophet/

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm I get the way to judge as laid out for us. That said if you hand pick your own special fruit measured according to your own eyes (beams, twigs, sticks, and all)...well usually you find what you go searching for...

It's a really good thing I'm not picking out my own special fruits then, huh?

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm Yeah I didn't like or care for the Covid stance and comments. One prayer away on one day from turning in my temple recommend over that one thing. But I did pray and I got personal revelation for me. Over time I believe my eyes have been opened to things I hadn't previously considered. I realized I had been spouting off about conspiracy for however many decades...and no kidding...its real and its powerful. At least until God says that's it. Until then we compromise to exist in this world (if we are trying to live as taught such that we hope to be able to go home to a Heavenly Father and Mother at some point in time).

Except the commandment to awaken to our awful situation and to to root it out has never been rescinded. I fear that by resting on this commandment, it will make me complacent and blind to deception. So I will not rest.

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm That compromise comes in numerous forms. From electronics we use, occupation or economic pursuits, where we live, what we spend our economic resources on, etc etc etc. Use a smartphone despite knowing they can utilize the camera and/or microphone whenever they want in whatever situation you happen to be in at the moment?

I use all this technology and creature comfort fully knowing everything I do is tracked and traced. I behave as if the gadiantons know exactly who I am, what I support and what I do not support. I have faith in God that He will use me as He sees fit and that none of my efforts will be wasted.

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm Certainly some folks in a handful of areas had some latitude in their approach to how they dealt with Covid vs federal executive orders/intent. A few others had some choices with more serious consequences. Most I would say were in situations where they had to comply or face extremely serious consequences.

If you're speaking about local church leaders... you see this as a good fruit? If you're speaking about local government leaders... then it should be expected that they will bow down unless proven otherwise.

Jason wrote: September 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm While there are health ramifications and ones that continue to arise....many of the predictions by a few of the whistleblowers have not manifested to the degree that they forecast. Not to down play it...but again reiterate that we are in the final inning. No kidding on the cusp of seeing changes in the world that have been forecasted for 1000's of years.

They were in a pickle. They chose the direction they felt to be of least harm when weighing all in the balance. May not be your personal direction...but you weren't in their shoes carrying their burden and responsibilities.
I dunno, maybe not manifesting in the data you choose to look at.

Yes, they certainly were in a pickle, weren't they? But that's really the whole problem. The fact that they were in a pickle in the first place. The whole thing about actually being a prophet of God is that there should be no situations like this to begin with. It's really simple. Do what God commands, and have confidence that the result will be what He said. If He does not speak, then don't use your authority for unrighteous dominion, regardless of whatever the worldly consequences may be.
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on September 11th, 2022, 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

my patriarchal blessing has a sentence in it that reads: So be dilligent, dear sister, pray humbly the the Lord day and night and he will hear . . . This is reference to the day we are in.

Avraham Gileadi quotes the scripture out of Isaiah to pray day and night. He then claims that the translated beings would be the ones to pray

Well, I am not translated yet

I know what precedes that sentence in my patriarchal blessing and it is regarding the last days, which is now

since God told me to do that I actually started doing that 5 months ago cuz if it is a commandment out of the scriptures for our day and it is a personal command, then why would I not follow it.

Jason is right about members being responsible for preparation and helping the cause of Zion and we need to encourage anything good coming from our prophets, all prophets.

Eyring gave the most interesting talk April 2022. He talks about following prophets then quotes the rest of his talk from the scriptures giving the old prophets much credit for helping us in this day. Go read it slowly and really disect it.

There is some good fruit, just look for it cuz we need to be encouraged to pray and be faithful as well as being encouraged to avoid false doctrines.

thanks for the videos Jason

“Jehovah will cut off from Israel head and tail, palm top and reed, in a single day; the elders or notables are the head, the prophets who teach falsehoods, the tail. The leaders of these people have misled them, and those who are led are confused.” (Isaiah 9:14–16)

we don't need to worry but continue to prepare ourselves and others, then let God do what he has said . . . in a single day . . . a single day , , took three hours to change the face of the american continent when Christ visited

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

in my opinion we lds err in how we only tend to conceive the New`Jerusalem in mere spatial terms, as in, being limited to a geographic location.

ive been saying it for a while, the new Zion`city will be just as much like a holy internet, a Christ-net, as it will a physical city.

all of us are in different locations around the world, yet we are all gathered here on ldsff, which while not a geographic physical location, is still a place.

The WWW (666) world wide web will prove to be a pale, pathetic imitation of the pure, raw spiritual interface of the Lord's kingdom when the Spirit gets poured out in full, a hyperlocation, where interaction/group-interaction occurs on a mind-to-mind, and heart-to-heart level.
Last edited by abijah on September 17th, 2022, 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

abijah wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:28 am in my opinion we lds err in how we only tend to conceive the New`Jerusalem in mere spatial terms, as in, being limited to a geographic location.

ive been saying it for a while, the new Zion`city will be just as much like a holy internet, a Christ-net, as it will a physical city.

all of us are in different locations around the world, yet we are all gathered here on ldsff, which while not a geographic physical location, is still a place.

The WWW (666) world wide web will prove to be a pale, pathetic imitation of the pure, raw spiritual interface of the Lord's kingdom when the Spirit gets poured out in full.
...nah it's literal...as in literal City of Enoch returning...with some suburbs to be built around it...

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Jason wrote: September 17th, 2022, 10:29 am ...nah it's literal
didn't say it wasn't physical also.

we gotta get out of this false dichotomy of spiritual/heavenly vs physical/earthly when in reality it's both.

this modern western materialist worldview where only things our 5 carnal senses can perceive are considered "literal" or "real" is what needs remedying. it's as if we're like reverse-gnostics who think the unseen things are only what's real, while the physical/seen things are what's actually illusory *abijah facepalm*