Newish

Tell us about yourself...
NowWhat
captain of 100

Newish

Post by NowWhat »

I've been on this site for a few months. I live along the Wasatch Front in Utah--I know, I know, people said, "Don't move to Utah!" I didn't listen. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have worked through various stages of grief since the whole Covid thing, with the leadership. I don't remember "snarkiness" as one of the 5 stages of grief, but that seems to be where I am, when I'm not livid (which happens when I see new stats on people killed and maimed by the vxn--specially kids). I was a convert back east almost 50 years ago, and I do not recognize my church today. However, I stay, like Peter: Where on earth else would I go, Lord? Not to Snuffer, etc. My ward's not too bad, although the Bishop did lecture, at full volume, while pacing, about staying on your knees in prayer until you are perfectly aligned with the Brethren. Not gonna happen. Not one of the 15 stopped this fiasco? Not one. I am skipping GC for the first time ever, this fall. Let me know the highlights. My heart and my trust have been broken. I wait, like an idiot, for an apology and repentance--because people are still following their "safe and effective" recommendations, with the boosters. The Church is top down. There is no suggestion box. Why would we need a suggestion box from the plebes, the serfs, if God runs this Church? Why, indeed? Like many, I was red-pilled by the vaccine/mask thing. Now, oh, shoot, there's NWO, UN, Agenda 2030, no guns in church, Eubank, and the constant pictures and talks that order us to follow the Prophet. Not to mention, I wasn't happy learning how much that little "stipend" is, that dozens of Church leaders receive--which would be fine, if we didn't insist that we have an "unpaid clergy." The Holy Ghost and I are getting along well, but it's still unnerving to be on the other side of things from the leadership. Yikes. Oh, and I'm not crazy about the other RMN changes: I've been a Mormon for 50 years, and I remain so. Also, I'm a visiting teacher. It's less offensive than "ministering sister" to the many inactives in our ward. I know some guys who didn't appreciate being demoted from High Priest. I am appalled that the current Primary theme is "Follow the Prophet." Bottom line, I want more Christ and less RMN & Wendy, etc. Glad to be on this site, thanks.
Last edited by NowWhat on August 20th, 2022, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Newish

Post by Cruiserdude »

NowWhat wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm I've been on this site for a few months. I live along the Wasatch Front in Utah--I know, I know, people said, "Don't move to Utah!" I didn't listen. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have worked through various stages of grief since the whole Covid thing, with the leadership. I don't remember "snarkiness" as one of the 5 stages of grief, but that seems to be where I am, when I'm not livid (which happens when I see new stats on people killed and maimed by the vxn--specially kids). I was a convert back east almost 50 years ago, and I do not recognize my church today. However, I stay, like Peter: Where on earth else would I go, Lord? Not to Snuffer, etc. My ward's not too bad, although the Bishop did lecture, at full volume, while pacing, about staying on your knees in prayer until you are perfectly aligned with the Brethren. Not gonna happen. Not one of the 15 stopped this fiasco? Not one. I am skipping GC for the first time ever, this fall. Let me know the highlights. My heart and my trust have been broken. I wait, like an idiot, for an apology and repentance--because people are still following their "safe and effective" recommendations, with the boosters. The Church is top down. There is no suggestion box. Why would we need a suggestion box from the plebes, the serfs, if God runs this Church? Why, indeed? Like many, I was red-pilled by the vaccine/mask thing. Now, oh, shoot, there's NWO, UN, Agenda 2030, no guns in church, Eubank, and the constant pictures and talks that order us to follow the Prophet. Not to mention, I wasn't happy learning how much that little "stipend" is, that dozens of Church leaders receive--which would be fine, if we didn't insist that we have an "unpaid clergy." The Holy Ghost and I are getting along well, but it's still unnerving to be on the other side of things from the leadership. Yikes. Oh, and I'm not crazy about the changes. I've been a Mormon for 50 years, and I remain so. Also, I'm a visiting teacher. It's less offensive than "ministering sister" to the many inactives in our ward. I know some guys who didn't appreciate being demoted from High Priest. Bottom line, I want more Christ and less RMN & Wendy, etc. Glad to be on this site, thanks.
Welcome, welcome. You found the best 'mormon' forum on the planet 😁

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

NowWhat wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm ... There is no suggestion box ...
Is this a correct property of the true church?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

NowWhat wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm I've been on this site for a few months. I live along the Wasatch Front in Utah--I know, I know, people said, "Don't move to Utah!" I didn't listen. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have worked through various stages of grief since the whole Covid thing, with the leadership. I don't remember "snarkiness" as one of the 5 stages of grief, but that seems to be where I am, when I'm not livid (which happens when I see new stats on people killed and maimed by the vxn--specially kids). I was a convert back east almost 50 years ago, and I do not recognize my church today. However, I stay, like Peter: Where on earth else would I go, Lord? Not to Snuffer, etc. My ward's not too bad, although the Bishop did lecture, at full volume, while pacing, about staying on your knees in prayer until you are perfectly aligned with the Brethren. Not gonna happen. Not one of the 15 stopped this fiasco? Not one. I am skipping GC for the first time ever, this fall. Let me know the highlights. My heart and my trust have been broken. I wait, like an idiot, for an apology and repentance--because people are still following their "safe and effective" recommendations, with the boosters. The Church is top down. There is no suggestion box. Why would we need a suggestion box from the plebes, the serfs, if God runs this Church? Why, indeed? Like many, I was red-pilled by the vaccine/mask thing. Now, oh, shoot, there's NWO, UN, Agenda 2030, no guns in church, Eubank, and the constant pictures and talks that order us to follow the Prophet. Not to mention, I wasn't happy learning how much that little "stipend" is, that dozens of Church leaders receive--which would be fine, if we didn't insist that we have an "unpaid clergy." The Holy Ghost and I are getting along well, but it's still unnerving to be on the other side of things from the leadership. Yikes. Oh, and I'm not crazy about the changes. I've been a Mormon for 50 years, and I remain so. Also, I'm a visiting teacher. It's less offensive than "ministering sister" to the many inactives in our ward. I know some guys who didn't appreciate being demoted from High Priest. Bottom line, I want more Christ and less RMN & Wendy, etc. Glad to be on this site, thanks.
You are not alone.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Welcome.

Such a familiar story, much like mine except My LDS roots go back to late 1830s/early 1840s.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BigT wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:28 pm Welcome.

Such a familiar story, much like mine except My LDS roots go back to late 1830s/early 1840s.
Yes, I agree. My ancestors knew Joseph Smith personally. Their names (Christopher Layton, Caleb Baldwin) occur in the Times and Seasons publications now and then.

I have not had a faith crisis, but rather a loss of trust in the Corporation.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:39 pm
Yes, I agree. My ancestors knew Joseph Smith personally. Their names (Christopher Layton, Caleb Baldwin) occur in the Times and Seasons publications now and then.

Your post led me to look up some facts. Ancestors on my mom’s side joined in 1840 and moved to Nauvoo, where Abraham Hunsaker had a peach orchard. Ancestors on my dad’s side joined in 1844 when missionaries found their house in the woods. Abraham had to bury his grand piano on the trail, so he could return and fetch it. I believe it was the one Brigham Young tried to steal. So, not the late-1830s after all. But close.

You must’ve been way ahead of me as I didn’t know the “church” had become a corporation in 1923 until about 6 weeks ago. Have been asleep for many years but hopefully am waking up now.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BigT wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:58 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:39 pm

Your post led me to look up some facts. Ancestors on my mom’s side joined in 1840 and moved to Nauvoo, where Abraham Hunsaker had a peach orchard. Ancestors on my dad’s side joined in 1844 when missionaries found their house in the woods. Abraham had to bury his grand piano on the trail, so he could return and fetch it. I believe it was the one Brigham Young tried to steal. So, not the late-1830s after all. But close.

You must’ve been way ahead of me as I didn’t know the “church” had become a corporation in 1923 until about 6 weeks ago. Have been asleep for many years but hopefully am waking up now.
My awakening began around 2010. A major incident happened when I was standing on the roof of the Conference Center and a senior missionary sister was telling me all about the City Creek Mall and Condos and what an outstanding missionary asset it would be as it would draw wealthy people to Salt Lake and many would join the Church. I had never heard of City Creek before this, and it felt like God hit me with a 2x4, and I felt His anger at what was being planned, supposedly with His approval.

I remained active until recently, but have watched with morbid fascination at the acceptance of the NWO, diversity, inclusion, equity, and all the buzzwords that have put the church at odds with Christ and His Gospel.

I am confident we will see the Last Days Servant soon. My ancestors’ sacrifices have not been in vain.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

NowWhat, I share your grief and anger.

The good news is that the Lord is doing a lot of work among a lot of people all over the world. Our church has turned into a bastion of retardation. All that allegiance they had cultivated over the decades was used to turn people into complete idiots who shamed each other for not being as idiotic as they, themselves, had become. I can't really stand the whole thing, anymore. The compromise has become way too great. I don't see how I can stay in the church without giving it tacit approval. The people that are liking it these days are the most spiritually craven I've known in the church. It's not enjoyable to be a part of, sadly. It actually makes me miserable. I know good people in the church who fell to the wrong side because the church had become their God and they really don't care about the truth, anymore. The church broke them of that. I have less in common with them all the time.

In my area, there is a Calvary Chapel that is led by a courageous pastor who has his head screwed on straight. Everybody in that building understands the truth about covid and the shots, unlike our church, which should be way ahead of everybody, but is deathly behind.

God has a lot of awesome prophets putting things on YouTube, as well. Look up Julie Green on Rumble.com and Kevin Zadai on YouTube. They have very inspired messages almost every day. Our prophet is more or less cultivating mormon culture and using that as the means by which people should stay in the church. It's quite paltry and not nutritive. Be open to good things from outside the church.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Well golly gee whillikers, who could ever be against the Brethren? I mean, jinkies, they’ve got a new revelation about reducing Missionaries food budget, while also increasing the cost for them to be on a mission. Don’t you know that’s what the Lord would do?

Jackie_tx
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Jackie_tx »

Chip wrote: August 19th, 2022, 5:25 pm NowWhat, I share your grief and anger.

The good news is that the Lord is doing a lot of work among a lot of people all over the world. Our church has turned into a bastion of retardation. All that allegiance they had cultivated over the decades was used to turn people into complete idiots who shamed each other for not being as idiotic as they, themselves, had become. I can't really stand the whole thing, anymore. The compromise has become way too great. I don't see how I can stay in the church without giving it tacit approval. The people that are liking it these days are the most spiritually craven I've known in the church. It's not enjoyable to be a part of, sadly. It actually makes me miserable. I know good people in the church who fell to the wrong side because the church had become their God and they really don't care about the truth, anymore. The church broke them of that. I have less in common with them all the time.

In my area, there is a Calvary Chapel that is led by a courageous pastor who has his head screwed on straight. Everybody in that building understands the truth about covid and the shots, unlike our church, which should be way ahead of everybody, but is deathly behind.

God has a lot of awesome prophets putting things on YouTube, as well. Look up Julie Green on Rumble.com and Kevin Zadai on YouTube. They have very inspired messages almost every day. Our prophet is more or less cultivating mormon culture and using that as the means by which people should stay in the church. It's quite paltry and not nutritive. Be open to good things from outside the church.
Thanks for the suggestions, when I searched for Kevin, behold the ad at the top paid for by our tithing funds. Not going to the starving third world primary children but instead greedy YouTube!!
Attachments
CCC62045-57E3-4DEF-B0F9-1A38ABC22B6E.jpeg
CCC62045-57E3-4DEF-B0F9-1A38ABC22B6E.jpeg (402.77 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Thanks to you all; you are so kind. I do feel less alone now, and I also believe that I am safe speaking my mind here. That is partly because of some of our commonalities, but also because, lo, my true name (which is somewhat unusual) doesn't show up here. Am I concerned that my name shows up on other sites? Yep. Am I paranoid enough to think there are trolls from the Church who will take note of my unusual name, resulting in a text inviting me to a chat with the Bish? Yes, actually. Can I keep myself from commenting on the other sites? Nope. Do we have free speech in the Church? Not anymore. Do I know what to say to that first question on the Temple Recommend interview? No idea, but I go to the Temple anyway. I have a few friends and the occasional in-law who refused the jab. Yet, they are so loyal to the leadership: "Their talks are so inspiring to me!" I had to cancel all of my Facebook churchy groups because I don't even want to read what they have to say anymore. There may be some validity to their comments, but it generally seems that the Holy Ghost has been sidelined.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Welcome. I'm in an awesome smaller ward near AoA... not vaxxed... active . And we talk about secret combinations!
And the Constitution...see Sept 2022 Liahona...

Suggest you join "private discussion " part of this forum... Not seen by public.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

NowWhat wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm I've been on this site for a few months. I live along the Wasatch Front in Utah--I know, I know, people said, "Don't move to Utah!" I didn't listen. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have worked through various stages of grief since the whole Covid thing, with the leadership. I don't remember "snarkiness" as one of the 5 stages of grief, but that seems to be where I am, when I'm not livid (which happens when I see new stats on people killed and maimed by the vxn--specially kids). I was a convert back east almost 50 years ago, and I do not recognize my church today. However, I stay, like Peter: Where on earth else would I go, Lord? Not to Snuffer, etc. My ward's not too bad, although the Bishop did lecture, at full volume, while pacing, about staying on your knees in prayer until you are perfectly aligned with the Brethren. Not gonna happen. Not one of the 15 stopped this fiasco? Not one. I am skipping GC for the first time ever, this fall. Let me know the highlights. My heart and my trust have been broken. I wait, like an idiot, for an apology and repentance--because people are still following their "safe and effective" recommendations, with the boosters. The Church is top down. There is no suggestion box. Why would we need a suggestion box from the plebes, the serfs, if God runs this Church? Why, indeed? Like many, I was red-pilled by the vaccine/mask thing. Now, oh, shoot, there's NWO, UN, Agenda 2030, no guns in church, Eubank, and the constant pictures and talks that order us to follow the Prophet. Not to mention, I wasn't happy learning how much that little "stipend" is, that dozens of Church leaders receive--which would be fine, if we didn't insist that we have an "unpaid clergy." The Holy Ghost and I are getting along well, but it's still unnerving to be on the other side of things from the leadership. Yikes. Oh, and I'm not crazy about the other RMN changes: I've been a Mormon for 50 years, and I remain so. Also, I'm a visiting teacher. It's less offensive than "ministering sister" to the many inactives in our ward. I know some guys who didn't appreciate being demoted from High Priest. I am appalled that the current Primary theme is "Follow the Prophet." Bottom line, I want more Christ and less RMN & Wendy, etc. Glad to be on this site, thanks.
Welcome. I'm not vaxxed, but still active. Good ward, we have some really amazing people here where I live in Utah County. Don't forget, President Nelson urged us to get closer to God so that we can get our own revelation. He has admitted that we can't get everything from just "following the prophet". We _must_ have our own active link to God.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Newish

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome. :)

AkalAish
captain of 100

Post by AkalAish »

Dear NowWhat (aka - Mr. Snarky)...

I, too, do not recall having seen "snarkiness" listed as a stage of grief when I lost my daughter, but it served me well to get through. Thank you for the thoughtful introduction.

May I ask, sir...why were you advised not to move to Utah?

Shalom
ברוך השם