Salt Lake record breaking heat wave means?...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
CMajor
captain of 100

Salt Lake record breaking heat wave means?...

Post by CMajor »

Fast and Testimony Sunday in the middle of a hot streak. The 2nd counselor lead off the meeting with his praise and adulation of our Prophet President Nelson. And every testimony followed suit with more praise, gushing testimonies all about the Prophet.
I head the name of Jesus in the opening, closing and sacrament prayers.

How about your wards? Was it the Prophet or Jesus that was testified of?

Tuesday Aug 30,.100, Wed.102, Thurs.100, Fri. 99, Sat.100, SUNDAY 100, Mon.102, Tues.106, Wed.106.

Typically we have temps in the 70's and 80's. for September.

zionssuburb
captain of 100

Re: Salt Lake record breaking heat wave means?...

Post by zionssuburb »

There was a First Week of Sept Heat Wave last year as well as this year...

Testimonies were about Jesus in our ward

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

CMajor wrote: September 13th, 2022, 2:46 pm Fast and Testimony Sunday in the middle of a hot streak. The 2nd counselor lead off the meeting with his praise and adulation of our Prophet President Nelson. And every testimony followed suit with more praise, gushing testimonies all about the Prophet.
I head the name of Jesus in the opening, closing and sacrament prayers.

How about your wards? Was it the Prophet or Jesus that was testified of?

Tuesday Aug 30,.100, Wed.102, Thurs.100, Fri. 99, Sat.100, SUNDAY 100, Mon.102, Tues.106, Wed.106.

Typically we have temps in the 70's and 80's. for September.
Interesting. Are you saying there’s a heatwave because of all the idolatry?

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

I'm not in Utah, testimonies were not about Pres. Nelson.

Pakistan had a heat wave before its record breaking monsoons and flooding. Move to higher ground?

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

We attended one of our kid's meetings Sunday as they were blessing a baby. This was our first church meeting in ~4 months, maybe longer. 2 speakers, a stake primary leader and a high councilman. Between the talks and the lessons, all were assigned GC talks to speak on. The only highlight for me was the HC's lead-in where he commented on the youth's need to have their testimonies grounded to the Rock of our Salvation, Jesus Christ. Downhill from there.

The west side of the US had a heatwave. Where I grew up in central San Joaquin Valley, California, hit 112. I don't recall it ever being that hot (but admit I was not privy to temperatures then as there was no such thing as a smartphone with a weather app then). Here in S Utah County it got to 103. Many cataclysmic predictions resulting from the heat, to my knowledge, didn't come true.

Back to the meeting. I recently asked my wife to "reopen" communication pathways she closed years ago because, in my opinion, she didn't know how to handle what was coming in. She seems to have a gift of seeing and knowing that I don't, or rather is far more difficult for me, so it made sense. Their bishop creeped her out and made her throat close a little (throat chakra). I admit he did creep me out as well, but I thought it was rather due to all the SRA stuff I've read about the SLC Valley. He creeps our daughter out, too, but she would never use those words as she is a TBM.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I think the LDS church thinks way too highly of themselves. I honestly don't think God cares as much about the modern church and Utah as they think he does.

Salt who have lost their savor.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

zionssuburb wrote: September 13th, 2022, 3:07 pm There was a First Week of Sept Heat Wave last year as well as this year...

Checked the temperatures for last year, 2021 and Sept. was normal in the low 80's and high 70's.

2021 did have the Hottest June and July on record with June 15, reaching a record 107°.

And the records show the first "7" days of this year 2022 in Sept. were all triple digit temps and on the 7th day, the temp did tie last years all time high record of 107° set in June, 2021.
June is when the sun is most directly above Utah and you would expect to see hot record setting day days in both June and July. By the time Sept. rolls in the angle of the sun is lower on the horizon and we loose 2 hours of daylight. It makes it nearly impossible to get to 100°. However in the years 2020, 2019, 1979 it reached 100° degrees one day in Sept, but never more than 100°.

But to tie the record high set in June last year on the 7th of September at 107° is unexplainable. (BTW "7" is God's number, which may explain it spiritually)

2021 summer of June and July was the hottest on record, with 21 days of temps reaching 100°+.
2022 set the record for days above 100°+ at 24.

In my ward in Salt lake county, worshipping the Prophet in many meetings is normal. It maybe an epidemic here, with so many sightings of him at the Jordan River Temple.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

CMajor wrote: September 13th, 2022, 7:12 pm
zionssuburb wrote: September 13th, 2022, 3:07 pm There was a First Week of Sept Heat Wave last year as well as this year...

Checked the temperatures for last year, 2021 and Sept. was normal in the low 80's and high 70's.

2021 did have the Hottest June and July on record with June 15, reaching a record 107°.

And the records show the first "7" days of this year 2022 in Sept. were all triple digit temps and on the 7th day, the temp did tie last years all time high record of 107° set in June, 2021.
June is when the sun is most directly above Utah and you would expect to see hot record setting day days in both June and July. By the time Sept. rolls in the angle of the sun is lower on the horizon and we loose 2 hours of daylight. It makes it nearly impossible to get to 100°. However in the years 2020, 2019, 1979 it reached 100° degrees one day in Sept, but never more than 100°.

But to tie the record high set in June last year on the 7th of September at 107° is unexplainable. (BTW "7" is God's number, which may explain it spiritually)

2021 summer of June and July was the hottest on record, with 21 days of temps reaching 100°+.

In my ward in Salt lake county, worshipping the Prophet in many meetings is normal. It maybe an epidemic here, with so many sightings of him at the Jordan River Temple.
What was the temperature at the SLC Airport meteorological station on September 7th each year during the medieval heatwave period? If you can't answer that then it's not a record

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Lots of places are very hot right now, not just Utah.

Other places are quite cool right now. It's already snowing in parts of the Baltics.

This is essentially the Earth pleading to God to get rid of all the sins that its people are contaminating it with.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Subcomandante wrote: September 13th, 2022, 9:44 pm Lots of places are very hot right now, not just Utah.

Other places are quite cool right now. It's already snowing in parts of the Baltics.

This is essentially the Earth pleading to God to get rid of all the sins that its people are contaminating it with.
Climate change alarmists and deniers are all clueless about OTEC. :?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Northern Utah County has seemed mostly mild, not too hot, all summer. At least from my perspective. Last year felt much hotter.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

blitzinstripes wrote: September 13th, 2022, 4:36 pm I think the LDS church thinks way too highly of themselves. I honestly don't think God cares as much about the modern church and Utah as they think he does.

Salt who have lost their savor.
true.

as I've said before -

"unfortunately, because the saints failed to establish Zion; as the Lord commanded,
the Lord withdrew from the church, and the saints were driven West to a salty desert -
(which BTW is "NOT the place" ) and was very symbolic.

Salt Lake City "is NOT the place."

Interesting after being "cast out from the land of their inheritance" D&C 101:1
how the saints were driven to a salty desert - The Great Salt Lake Desert.
We were sent away from - not gathering to - the center place - Zion

When the Lord wanted to build up Zion - for the saints to be united - (United Order) living the Law of consecration and live " by the principles of the law of the celestial kingdom, otherwise I cannot receive her unto myself", the saints failed to do so, and we have continued to fall more and more ever since.

D&C 105
4 And are not united according to the union required by the law of the celestial kingdom;

D&C 101
1 Verily I say unto you, concerning your brethren who have been afflicted, and persecuted, and cast out from the land of their inheritance—
2 I, the Lord, have suffered the affliction to come upon them, wherewith they have been afflicted, in consequence of their transgressions;

quoting myself
Interesting after being "cast out from the land of their inheritance"
how the saints were driven to a salty desert - The Great Salt Lake Desert.
Hmm - wonder if that means anything ? Why Salt Lake City ?
a salty lake and desert.
In 3 Nephi Jesus refers to members as the “Salt of the earth:” "salt that hath lost its savor"

But if they will not turn unto me, and hearken unto my voice, I will suffer them, yea, I will suffer my people, O house of Israel, that they shall go through among them, and shall tread them down, and they shall be as salt that hath lost its savor, which is thenceforth good for nothing but to be cast out, and to be trodden underfoot of my people, O house of Israel. (3 Nephi 16:15)

When Christ uses the term “the salt of the earth”, He means His covenant people, as the following passage explains:

When men are called unto mine everlasting gospel, and covenant with an everlasting covenant, they are accounted as the salt of the earth and the savor of men;

They are called to be the savor of men; therefore, if that salt of the earth lose its savor, behold, it is thenceforth good for nothing only to be cast out and trodden under the feet of men.
(D&C 101:39-40)

D&C 84:
54 And your minds in times past have been darkened
because of unbelief, and because you have treated
lightly the things you have received—

55 Which vanity and unbelief have brought the
whole church under condemnation.

56 And this condemnation resteth upon
the children of Zion, even all.

57 And they shall remain under this condemnation
until they repent and remember the new covenant,
even the Book of Mormon and the former
commandments which I have given them,
not only to say, but to do according to
that which I have written—
--------------------------------------------------------------
Doctrine and Covenants
Section 101:
1 Verily I say unto you, concerning your brethren who have been afflicted, and persecuted, and cast out from the land of their inheritance—

2 I, the Lord, have suffered the affliction to come upon them, wherewith they have been afflicted, in consequence of their transgressions;

6 Behold, I say unto you, there were jarrings,
and contentions, and envyings, and strifes,
and lustful and covetous desires among them;
therefore by these things they polluted their inheritances.

D&C 105:
2 "Behold, I say unto you, were it not for the transgressions of my people, speaking concerning the church and not individuals, they might have been redeemed even now.
3 But behold, they have not learned to be obedient to the things which I required at their hands, but are full of all manner of evil, and do not impart of their substance, as becometh saints, to the poor and afflicted among them;
4 And are not united according to the union required by the law of the celestial kingdom;
5 And Zion cannot be built up unless it is by the principles of the law of the celestial kingdom; otherwise I cannot receive her unto myself.
6 And my people must needs be chastened until they learn obedience, if it must needs be, by the things which they suffer."

For this the Lord said that Zion would have to "wait for a little season"
D&C 105:
9 Therefore, in consequence of the transgressions of my people, it is expedient in me that mine elders should
wait for a little season for the redemption of Zion—

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

The record breaking heat wave means it is hot this year. People in my ward generally talk about their testimonies of the Book of Mormon or Jesus. RMN testimonies are afterthoughts. Perhaps that is because we are a three day drive to SLC and rarely see news about RMN.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

That is a lie that was published in the Deseret News. As someone who watched weather every single day for years, I know for sure that's a lie. It's mind-boggling to me they would openly lie about that.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Christianlee wrote: September 17th, 2022, 4:19 pm The record breaking heat wave means it is hot this year. People in my ward generally talk about their testimonies of the Book of Mormon or Jesus. RMN testimonies are afterthoughts. Perhaps that is because we are a three day drive to SLC and rarely see news about RMN.
By following suit with the original post and its disjointed thought process of first mentioning the heat and then transitioning into testimony meeting, are you saying that you follow and understand the thoughts of this poster?

Do you have a secret decoder ring that translates disjointed nonsense into normal thought? Can I please borrow it, so that I too can follow this thread? Currently, I am simply lost equating heat waves with testimony meetings.

Thanks in advance for the use of your decoder ring. :D

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

harakim wrote: September 19th, 2022, 3:30 am

That is a lie that was published in the Deseret News. As someone who watched weather every single day for years, I know for sure that's a lie. It's mind-boggling to me they would openly lie about that.
The readings were taken at the Salt Lake Airport. Is there any evidence from that or any other weather station in the zone that proves this to be a lie?

It can't be a lie because Harakim says it's a lie. It has to be corroborated by hard evidence found at official weather stations.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:37 pm

The readings were taken at the Salt Lake Airport. Is there any evidence from that or any other weather station in the zone that proves this to be a lie?

It can't be a lie because Harakim says it's a lie. It has to be corroborated by hard evidence found at official weather stations.
There were 24 days over 100, no doubt. If you look at 2002 and 2003, each should have more 100 degree days.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

harakim wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:30 pm

There were 24 days over 100, no doubt. If you look at 2002 and 2003, each should have more 100 degree days.
2003 appears to have 19 100°+ days and 2002 11 100°+ days.

https://weatherspark.com/h/s/145529/200 ... ted-States

Given, this is the airport station so within a city center with the taller buildings you can expect it to be a few degrees warmer there; if it's 99 at the airport station, it could very easily be 102-104 in the city center.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:49 pm
harakim wrote: September 19th, 2022, 8:30 pm

2003 appears to have 19 100°+ days and 2002 11 100°+ days.

https://weatherspark.com/h/s/145529/200 ... ted-States

Given, this is the airport station so within a city center with the taller buildings you can expect it to be a few degrees warmer there; if it's 99 at the airport station, it could very easily be 102-104 in the city center.
This is from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Salt_Lake_City
"July 2002 also saw a record-tying high temperature of 107 °F (41 °C), while July 2003 saw a record high minimum temperature (80 °F; 27 °C) and a record streak of 100 degree weather (July contributed 10 of that summer's 24 days over 100 degrees). "
so it looks like it was also 24 days. I may not have recorded the airport station's weather and the data I looked over later may have been from another location, but that record is from the airport.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

June, July and August are the HOT months.

September, previously has had ONE day of 100 Degrees -- 3x. NEVER 7 days in a row in September.
Tying June 15, 2021 of 107, for that kind of heat it would be like having a hurricane in Salt Lake.

But it must have worked, because Sunday all the testimonies were about Jesus Christ. :D

Here's how it works, Mother Earth gets angry sometimes, like in 1995 President Clinton declared the Gay Pride Day in Florida. A Hurricane had just passed through and was headed out to sea. Overnight it did what weather forecasters have yet to explain, a 180 degree come back over Florida Category 3 on Clintons Gay Pride Day.

Mother Earth has passions, and I'm sure she's also pissed about the weathermen using men's names besides women's names for storms. So if the storms seem worse now days, this is the reason. (I use a secret weather ring)

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

America: It's hot!
Australia: That's cute...
Apologies for the sarcasm but my personal hell was 56C which translates to 133F. It was a bit rough that day as I was working as a chainman (surveyor's labourer) at the time. I was young and stupid at the time but we took things slow, wore a real hat and drank plenty of water. Christmas Day that year was 55C (131). It was even too hot to go the beach.

It's the Last Days, it's going to get worse. The Climate Cult will blame it on climate change. As for testimonies, a testimony that does not include the Saviour is not a testimony but a mere statement of belief.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Australia is HOT and HUMID, as I lived in Brisbane (Bris-bun) for a couple of years. Beautiful country, wonderful people. Not climate change but gross wickedness is to blame.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

My family owns some property, been in the family since 1850s. I have always known it as a dryfarm.

One day my dad was going through some old papers and found notes from an ancestor talking about the orchard on the property and how he was getting water from a creek out of a certain canyon.

My dad remembered his grandfather mentioning a creek, but neither may dad nor his dad had ever seen a creek flow there. There are no damns or diversions up that canyon, just a dry creek bed.

Climate changes.

When climate changes and the people are ripe...you got a problem.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Subcomandante wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:37 pm It can't be a lie because Harakim says it's a lie. It has to be corroborated by hard evidence found at official weather stations.

How long have weather stations been in existence?

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

tribrac wrote: October 11th, 2022, 3:05 pm My family owns some property, been in the family since 1850s. I have always known it as a dryfarm.

One day my dad was going through some old papers and found notes from an ancestor talking about the orchard on the property and how he was getting water from a creek out of a certain canyon.

My dad remembered his grandfather mentioning a creek, but neither may dad nor his dad had ever seen a creek flow there. There are no damns or diversions up that canyon, just a dry creek bed.

Climate changes.

When climate changes and the people are ripe...you got a problem.
That creek could have dried up because of pinion/juniper tree expansion. The evidence is mounting that wildfire suppression is responsible for the drying of the western landscape.