Narrow is the Way

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Narrow is the Way

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thinker wrote: April 7th, 2013, 2:39 pm
Seek the Truth wrote:A true prophet is one who has a testimony of Jesus. A prophet that has been ordained, that is another matter (Jer 1:5). That apparently is up to God and not us.

Surely the Lord God will do nothing...
SeekTheTruth,
Consider who a prophet is...
"Prophet: A person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God"
I am often inspired to know the will of God/Love and I've taught... so in a sense, I am a prophet, as you are, based on many of your posts on this forum.
So it is true that "surely the Lord God will do nothing save it be through his servants, the prophets"... which we all are!

Truth is truth... it is not dependent upon what a group of people accept as truth.
Objective truth is beyond that - it is of God, who is all-knowing.
Jesus refused to be worshipped, and I don't think we should worship prophets either.
We should worship God, who is our Creator, our Heavenly Father and Mother... Love, which will never fail.
Similarly there is a term for one who sees. Once upon a time I asked someone here if they desireth to be a prophet. My query went unanswered, so my question must of been a good one. :lol:

It’s always such a relief to discover true messengers, but so few seem willing to believe such exist, even when shown timing patterns equivalent to 1 minute in 💯 years, such as may easily be seen by searching 38ii.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:38 pmSimilarly there is a term for one who sees.
Seer… one that sees.

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” - Romans 12:2

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I wonder what the original Greek word for “straight” was in
  • ”Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits.” - Matt 7
Footnotes say “narrow” but maybe a bit of both. “Straight” in Topical Guide repeatedly refers to crooked that is “made strait.” Nature doesn’t involve a lot of exact straightness - & neither are we perfect. Maybe the narrow way is found through some degree of refining or straightening.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Thinker wrote: May 20th, 2022, 2:04 pm I wonder what the original Greek word for “straight” was in
  • ”Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits.” - Matt 7
Footnotes say “narrow” but maybe a bit of both. “Straight” in Topical Guide repeatedly refers to crooked that is “made strait.” Nature doesn’t involve a lot of exact straightness - & neither are we perfect. Maybe the narrow way is found through some degree of refining or straightening.
Biblehub is your friend on this.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Who knows what Heaven & Hell are - maybe states of mind or consciousness more than anything. But I thought this relevant: :P

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

This may seem like an overly simple idea but it’s also challenging to consider BOTH good AND evil aspects SIMULTANEOUSLY. Maybe that’s another aspect of the narrow way.