Texas drag show for kids shut down

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Texas drag show for kids shut down

Post by Silver Pie »

Snippet from the link:
A bar in Denton, Texas, had planned an all-ages drag event for September 11 entitled "Cool Beans Drag Brunch: Disney Edition." The event, open to children, would feature men dressed as scantily clad female Disney characters to whom children could give cash. The event was canceled owing to the initiative taken by BlazeTV's Sara Gonzales.
Upon looking into the event, Gonzales, the host of "The News & Why It Matters," recognized that the Disney theme reflected a choice "to immerse young children into drag queen culture by merging it with something all children love: Disney."

Gonzales told TheBlaze that "we as a society have failed if we stand by and watch mentally ill parents expose their children to these shows and think it's none of our business."

The event and ones like it aren't merely unacceptable. Gonzales reckoned the exposure of "young children to sexually explicit shows where men dress up like women and dance provocatively for money [to be] child abuse. And child abuse is everybody's business."

Keen not to stand idly by, Gonzales took to Twitter on September 8, writing "Cool Beans Bar and Grill in Denton, TX is hosting an ALL AGES drag show THIS SUNDAY. Who's coming with me to shut it down?"

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

They'll tour to Provo soon

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

tribrac wrote: September 28th, 2022, 1:44 pm They'll tour to Provo soon
Barf

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

I’ve been to the south in June(queer month). Not a sodemite flag in sight, not anywhere!
But here in Utah it’s all over the place. What an embarrassment of a state we have become. We should be protecting our children from these demons.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

dreamtheater76 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:13 pm I’ve been to the south in June(queer month). Not a sodemite flag in sight, not anywhere!
But here in Utah it’s all over the place. What an embarrassment of a state we have become. We should be protecting our children from these demons.
The family drag shows in Katy (Houston suburb) and Roanoke (Ft Worth suburb) are dreadful, and I know there are some Pride parades in the big cities. But in many years living in and driving through Arlington, Mansfield, and other suburb cities in the Dallas-Ft Worth area, I have never seen a pride flag flown on any home or building. Currently, at my local Walmart north of Ft Worth, the Pride ice cream is on clearance, and no one wants it. Week after week it sits under the $1 sign, and it doesn’t sell.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:24 pm Currently, at my local Walmart north of Ft Worth, the Pride ice cream is on clearance, and no one wants it. Week after week it sits under the $1 sign, and it doesn’t sell.
It's much more gay friendly round here, but similar things happen here. While a lot of kids have rainbow bags given to them... there are rainbowless Skittles which don't sell, cafés which promote this and don't sell all the cups etc... it's maybe a tax write off for them.