Does the church gather data through gospel voice on google?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ferrisbueller
captain of 100

Does the church gather data through gospel voice on google?

Post by Ferrisbueller »

Does the Church through Google gather data in your home through gospel voice? Is the Church listening in on your conversations in your home? If so, do you have anything to back this up? We know for certain Google does. Have these two teamed up?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Re: Does the church gather data through gospel voice on google?

Post by CuriousThinker »

What is Gospel Voice?

Ferrisbueller
captain of 100

Post by Ferrisbueller »

CuriousThinker wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:56 pm What is Gospel Voice?
You can ask Google assistant to talk to you in gospel voice which then gives you the whole gospel library in a different voice.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Personally, I never have anything talk to me. Not google, not Siri, nothing. I’ve had iPhone from the beginning, but I only download what I absolutely need. No voice, no thumbprint, no face recognition. It’s so quiet in my home that whoever is listening to us would give up sooner or later.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:17 pm Personally, I never have anything talk to me. Not google, not Siri, nothing. I’ve had iPhone from the beginning, but I only download what I absolutely need. No voice, no thumbprint, no face recognition. It’s so quiet in my home that whoever is listening to us would give up sooner or later.
It often uses keyword triggers.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

The church is small compared to Google. I doubt they have "teamed up".

The church could certainly be listening to you through the app though. Or looking through your study notes on the app.

Destroyer
captain of 100

Post by Destroyer »

I have a tracker blocker that shows the apps that attempt to track me. Gospel Library and Member Tools have Google and Adobe trackers that always attempt to get info.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Destroyer wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:36 am I have a tracker blocker that shows the apps that attempt to track me. Gospel Library and Member Tools have Google and Adobe trackers that always attempt to get info.
I wondered aloud, while speaking to Jacob IsBell, whether Rob Fortheringham, a former developer for the app, has thoughts on the current state of the app. He told me that Gospel Library is known to have keystroke logging capabilities.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: September 12th, 2022, 9:33 am The church is small compared to Google. I doubt they have "teamed up".

The church could certainly be listening to you through the app though. Or looking through your study notes on the app.
Perhaps not "teamed up", but it is possible they bought their way in.

For the record, I don't think they did this - but they do have the millions and billions to buy their way in.