Nauvoo Must Be Redeemed By The Shedding Of Blood

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
CaptainM
captain of 100

Nauvoo Must Be Redeemed By The Shedding Of Blood

Post by CaptainM »

By: One Who Is Watching:

https://onewhoiswatching.wordpress.com/?s=fasting

The Graven Images On The Nauvoo Temple

"Anciently the Lord commanded Israel to not make any graven images in the likeness of anything in heaven above or the earth beneath. Oddly, latter day saints are oblivious to this commandment, assuming that it no longer applies to them:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth (Exod 24)

Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: (Deut 5)

Why images of moons and stars?

And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. (JST Deuteronomy 4)

Why images of a pagan sun god on the Nauvoo Temple?

Do those occult images on the temple on the hill depict the simple fulness of the gospel as taught in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants?

“2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and inquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die. (JST Deuteronomy 17:2-5)

The Destruction Of The Nauvoo Temple On The Hill

Is it any wonder that the destruction of the corrupt Temple on the Hill in Nauvoo mirrors the destruction of the corrupt Jewish temple in Jerusalem?

In the New Testament Christ prophesied that not one stone would be left upon another regarding the destruction of the corrupt Jewish temple:

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? And do ye not understand them? Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here upon this temple, one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down (JST Matthew 24)

What about the Nauvoo Temple on the Hill? Was its fate not a type and shadow of what had happened to the corrupt New Testament temple?...

Nauvoo Must be Redeemed By The Shedding Of Blood

The parable of the redemption of Zion informs us that the land of Zion, beginning with the cornerstone of Zion, must be redeemed by the shedding of blood.

The parable informs us that God’s servant will gather the strength of God’s house and pull down the tower of the ENEMY

55 And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his servants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take all the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men, and they that are of middle age also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry;
56 And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money.
57 Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen.
58 And inasmuch as they gather together against you, avenge me of mine enemies, that by and by I may come with the residue of mine house and possess the land. (D.&C. 101)

Unlike other designated gathering places in Missouri, the entire city of Nauvoo was indeed purchased with money. Yet the enemy infiltrated the saints and caused them to flee. Hence the need to recover the land from the enemy by the shedding of blood. Christ shocked the people when he declared, “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.“ (JST Matthew 10). He was speaking ultimately of events that were to take place in the third watch. God’s army will conquer with the sword.

When the Lord’s army redeems Nauvoo, one of the first things they will do is to throw down the tower of the enemy and avenge God of His enemies. Whether wittingly or unwittingly, Joseph knew that the “tower” he was building would set the pattern for the apostate modern church to follow in rebuilding the pagan temple."

[i]4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. (JST Rev. 18)[/i]

In Christ. Best wishes...
Last edited by CaptainM on September 9th, 2022, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigT
captain of 100

Re: Nauvoo Must Be Redeemed By The Shedding Of Blood

Post by BigT »

Excellent, thanks. How many LDS do you think are aware of the symbols used on temples? Very few, I bet.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BigT wrote: September 9th, 2022, 4:37 pm Excellent, thanks. How many LDS do you think are aware of the symbols used on temples? Very few, I bet.
The sun, moon and stars are taught in missionary lessons as representing the degrees of glory.

There are other meanings, but that is another story.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

55 And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his servants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take all the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men, and they that are of middle age also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry;
56 And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money.
57 Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen.
58 And inasmuch as they gather together against you, avenge me of mine enemies, that by and by I may come with the residue of mine house and possess the land. (D.&C. 101)

Gonna be quite a spectacle when the Servant scatters the current "watchmen".

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Why images of a pagan sun god on the Nauvoo Temple?

This is the only symbolism that you have linked to paganism? You're missing alot. My ward still celebrates halloween with costumes and and prizes, has santa come to the church and an easter egg hunt.

It's great fun and we are all going to hell in a handbasket, aren't we? thank you for reminding me one more time. the church of the devil . . . argh